Who is going to play in the Superbowl

Geohead 2009/01/12 20:29:16
The Cardinals!
The Steelers
The Eagles
The Ravens
And which bird will win?

• Superman 2009/01/12 20:55:09
    The Steelers
    Superman
    +2
    This is a hard choice. I know the AFC will win. But there are certain storylines to follow.

The Steelers and Ravens have played twice this year. The Steelers won both. They are two defensive experts. Its hard to beat a team three times in one year. But, the Ravens D showed some cracks against the Titans. The Ravens offense, while better than usual, is still lead by a rookie QB. The game will be in Pittsburgh. And Pittsburgh looked focused and tough yesterday. So despite my belief that its near impossible for one great team to beat another great team 3 times in a season, I'm picking Steelers.

The NFC game is a shocker. 4th seeded Arizona hosting the 6th seeded Eagles? The Eagles have a very interesting up and down season coming to and end. They are on a roll and their secondary looks tough. The Cards, left for dead in both their previous games, have found a ground assult and a defensive presence and will host their first NFC Title game ever. Normally I'd say Eagles. But I've been picking against the Cards all postseason. I think McNabb falls apart after a few costly and surprising turnovers and the Cardinals offense and rowdy home town will do enough to take the game.

Cards Steelers? This is a route. The Cards will be a shock just being in the game. This hap...'''

Cards Steelers? This is a route. The Cards will be a shock just being in the game. This happens often. A good team pushes its way through with a few surprises only to hit a stellar team in the Super Bowl. See Super Bowl 33. The Falcons shockingly make the game and get crushed by John Elway. This is what I smell. The little old Cards make it and then break to the Pittsburgh D and Big Ben. Don't get me wrong. I'm a Rams fan. Kurt can do no wrong in my eyes. But the Cards as a whole won't be ready.

Pittsburgh, my preseason pick to win it all, rolls to a record 6th Super Bowl Title. Big Ben has a better game than SB XL and cements his elite qb status.

• deleted 404 2009/01/13 05:41:10
    The Steelers
    deleted 404
    +1
    'Hands down' by far...
  • Lipstick Republican 2009/01/12 20:56:18
  • Superman Lipstic... 2009/01/12 21:32:49
  • Geohead Superman 2009/01/12 21:36:42
    Geohead
    Those birds are going to flying around Ben's head he will be sacked so much!!! birds flying bens head sacked
  • Superman Geohead 2009/01/13 05:34:56
    Superman

We're more likely to see this.
  • Lipstic... Superman 2009/01/13 11:53:14
  • Superman 2009/01/12 20:55:09
    The Steelers
    Superman
    +2

• Geohead Superman 2009/01/12 20:59:56
    Geohead
    Well I agree with you all the way to the Cards loosing to the Steelers...I am NOT a Steeler fan and Big Ben is well....on the dumb side. I am hoping the Cards win it all! I

cards loosing steelers steeler fan ben dumb hoping cards win
  • Superman Geohead 2009/01/12 21:32:31
    Superman
    It's been hard for me through this playoff series. As I said I'm a Rams fan. I hate the Cardinals. I think their owner is evil. But I love Kurt Warner. I was rooting for the Falcons in the first game and expected them to win. I was shocked. I hate the Panthers more than the Cards and I like Kurt so I was rooting for him thi weekend. I also don't like Philly so I'll root for Kurt again this weekend.

But the Steelers are a complete team. Their defense is punishing. They'll punish you from the line of scrimmage AND take away the ball in the secondary. As I said, I love Kurt but I also know his play very well. If he gets pressured he can crack and make some bad throws. Larry Fitzgerald can't get everything. The Steelers D can provide that pressure and intercept the ball. The Steelers D will also be able to take the run game thats just starting to work and flatten it.

Let's face it. The Cards won the game against the Falcons do to homefield energy, and a defense that could shutdown a rookie qb and a running game in its first year of development. They won the game against the Panthers because Delhomme had his worst game ever and they efficiently capitalized off his mistakes. IF they get past the Eagles, and thats a big if, they'll be dealing with a team that has an offense much better p...

'

Let's face it. The Cards won the game against the Falcons do to homefield energy, and a defense that could shutdown a rookie qb and a running game in its first year of development. They won the game against the Panthers because Delhomme had his worst game ever and they efficiently capitalized off his mistakes. IF they get past the Eagles, and thats a big if, they'll be dealing with a team that has an offense much better playoff tested and more talented than their last Super Bowl championship. Add that to the Steelers D.

The Cards run game will evaporate. This will push kurt the throw more and as the defense hits him more and gets pressure he'll make mistakes. Drives will stall, turnovers will happen. Dumb BigBen, on the other hand, will be able to work off a proven ground game to control the clock and playaction to Hines Ward or Santonio Holmes. Steelers up by 10 at the half and win by 20 after a boring second half. playaction hines ward santonio holmes steelers 10 win 20 boring
  • Junior the Outer Space Musi... 2009/01/12 20:34:10
    The Steelers
    Junior the Outer Space Music Man
    +2
    I'm kinda hoping Philadelphia and Pittsburgh make it. It won't be a blowout if Philadelphia makes it. But it will be if Arizona makes it. As for the Ravens, their age is gonna start showing real soon.

2014/10/25 23:56:22