Who is a worse president: Barack Obama or Jimmy Carter?

dublin9 2011/03/16 13:38:38

What is it about so many Democrat Presidents that when the going gets tough, they simply disappear?

Jimmy Carter blamed “American malaise” for Stagflation, while inflation and mortgage interest rates hovered around 18% and an economy languished.
Iran went Jihadi and all he could do was blame the American people.

Obama is presiding over an economy that has been officially out of recession since May 2009, but fails to generate sufficient jobs to even keep up with natural population growth. Millions thrown out of work since he assumed office are still unemployed, with prospects dim.

The
Middle East is going Jihadi, with Iran and North Korea going nuke. Inflation is becoming rampant in key areas of food and energy, but it is ignored because these key commodities are not counted in the inflation figures.

And yet, since Friday and a press conference, we still have no idea what the American position on
Libya or much of anything else really is. On the other hand, he did talk about education legislation, further indebting the taxpayer and inflating the high salaries and bloated pensions of union teachers.

So who do you think is a worse President? Is Obama merely Jimmy Carter’s “clone of color,” or does he proportionately elevate Carter from terrible to marginally adequate?

• BackWoodsMike 2011/03/16 14:51:17
    Barack Obama is worse. He is clueless and could care less
    BackWoodsMike
    +16
    I believe Obama is the worst for the mere fact that Carter was just a bumbling fool that didn't mean what damage he did, and Obama has calculated every move to destroy America.

• Dwight PWCM 2011/03/17 21:34:51
  • Skip 2011/03/17 21:21:28
    Skip
    +6
    Jimmy Carter WAS the worst president until Obama came along.
  • studiobrat PWCM AFCL 2011/03/17 20:43:27
    Other
    studiobrat  PWCM AFCL
    +3
    Jimmy Carter was just a kind good ol' farm boy with no evil agenda for our country. He just happened to be an incompetent Democrat President in over his peanut head, but he was proud to be an American.and loved his country. However, in comparison to Obama, Carter was one of the best beloved President we ever had!! (Wave flag!
  • Wayne 2011/03/17 20:23:01
    Other
    Wayne
    +6
    I know the question asked for the worse president between Obama and Carter but I think Bill Clinton was the worst of the three. I think they are all three progressives or total socialists (very little difference if any). I think a few of Clinton's people are working with Obama now. Clinton at least appeared to be in charge of his own mind, whereas Carter and Obama make me wonder if they would know when to go to the bathroom without being on a schedule, like taking medication.
  • seadog6... Wayne 2011/03/19 14:10:35
  • santa6642 2011/03/17 20:22:28 (edited)
    Jimmy Carter was worse. He couldn't play basketball
    santa6642
    +3
    at least with carter we had billy beer, again the obamanation was and is the worst
  • ☆Ed☆ 2011/03/17 19:33:15
    ☆Ed☆
    +7
    While I strongly believe that Carter genuinely cared, I believe just as strongly that Obama is simply an egotistical coward, that has but ONE care, his own welfare !!!

Although I cannot prove it, I've heard from my Georgia friends that they are inundated nightly by Jimmy Carter racing up and down the streets screaming; "YIPPEEE, I'm no longer WORST !!!!"

friends inundated nightly jimmy carter racing streets screaming yippeee funny jimmy carter jogging

friends inundated nightly jimmy carter racing streets screaming yippeee funny jimmy carter
  • SocratesIII 2011/03/17 18:28:05 (edited)
    SocratesIII
    +7
    Impotent Obama has latent narcisistic snobbish personality. impotent obama latent narcisstic snobbish personality impotent obama
  • Gwen 2011/03/17 18:22:03
    Gwen
    +8
    although... I do not think he could care less...I think he cares very very much ( with the exception of illegal immigration and our border safety )
    .....how he wants to take more of my money and my freedoms, grow federal government larger and restrict more states rights, befriend more people who would just as soon kill us, dumb down our competency tests for civil servants all in the name of quotas, keep up the good ole support for the unions that support him, and his friends in wall street: golman sacs, freddy and fanny, to name just a couple....and the car companies he lavished money on without tighter restrictions...and finally tell me that I have to buy a health care product from the government...
    Pres. Carter was bad enough...16.5% first car loan, !8% first home loan was NOT a great way to start out .....not to mention grain embargo.....farm crisis.......but I at least felt like he wanted to do right....was just incompetent...and it is even sadder to see Pres Carter these days...not sure if he is all there really....
  • Annie~P... Gwen 2011/03/19 04:45:02
    Annie~Pro American~Pro Israel
    +2
    Excellent comments Gwen!!
  • lrb 2011/03/17 18:03:24
    Other
    lrb
    +7
    Gosh I'd hate to have to choose between those two. It's like choosing between being eaten by a crocodile or by a shark.
  • potlatch lrb 2011/03/18 01:37:57
    potlatch
    +6
    Ever see the story about Carter and the rabbit? Jimmy most feared being attacked by a rabbit, lolol
  • lrb potlatch 2011/03/18 05:04:43
    lrb
    +3
    Sounds like he say Monty Python's the Holy Grail one too many times. :)
  • seadog6... lrb 2011/03/19 14:12:38
  • micheleT BN-O 2011/03/17 18:03:02
    Other
    micheleT BN-O
    +8
    Obama is worse in every single way in the entire world. Just my humble opinion.
  • ashley Pumphrey 2011/03/17 16:58:48
    ashley Pumphrey
    +5
    i can't stand obama
  • Ron Hanforth 2011/03/17 16:43:46
    Jimmy Carter was worse. He had terrible taste in sweaters
    Ron Hanforth
    +4
    He hates America as a capitalist Model...
    When I think of him, I think of the embarrassment of the Iran Hostage Rescue..How our military, so inept, through downsizing, budgetary constraints, and limited intelligence (During his first month in office he cut the defense budget by $6 Billion), lead to the deaths of eight servicemen, and damaged the image of the USA even more.

While he kept trying to "understand" and "talk" to the Soviets, they were busy planning the invasion of Afghanistan..Only then did he see the light and lean more to the right and began to rebuild American military.

I think of his inability to effectively reduce soaring interest rates and inflation rates, or to lower unemployment. The "Misery Index", his favored measure of economic well-being, rose 50% in four years. He feuded with the Democratic leaders who controlled Congress and, as a result, was unable to reform the tax system or to implement a national health plan.

Since then Jimmy Carter has become an outspoken defender of the terrorist group Hamas which, according to the Jerusalem Post, calls for the nuclear destruction of Israel in a nuclear holocaust.Carter told CNN that Hamas may consist of "so-called terrorists," but added "there have been no complaints of corruption against [their] elected offi...

&

Since then Jimmy Carter has become an outspoken defender of the terrorist group Hamas which, according to the Jerusalem Post, calls for the nuclear destruction of Israel in a nuclear holocaust.Carter told CNN that Hamas may consist of "so-called terrorists," but added "there have been no complaints of corruption against [their] elected officials."Carter conceded that some in Hamas "deny Israel's right to exist," but defended the group's legitimacy as a political party.

I think of him praising and hugging the Terrorist Scum, Yasser Arafat, and get sick to my stomach...Carter even volunteered to be Arafat's speechwriter and go-fer, crafting palatable messages for Arafat's Western audiences and convincing the Saudis to continue funding Arafat after the Palestinians sided with Iraq against the United States.

He's praised the mass-murdering leaders of Syria and Ethiopia.

I think of how he was such a big champion for the U.N. , only to find out that he was connected to the key figure in the U.N.'s oil-for-food scandal; Samir Vincent, who pleaded guilty to participating in numerous illegal activities as part of the U.N. scandal.

I think of how he treasonously sucks up to Communist leaders and enemies of the U.S. Like when Carter said of Kim Il Sung, a brutal Stalinist dictator, "I found him to be vigorous, intelligent, surprisingly well-informed about the technical issues and in charge of the decisions about this country."

I think of how he grumbled about the legitimate vote that ousted Sandanista Daniel Ortega in Nicaragua.

I think of how he allows Fidel Castro, & Hugo Chavez to shamelessly use him as a propaganda foil against his own government.

I think of what a Traitor to the American People he is..Hiding behind the veil of heroic endeavours like habitat for humanity.
  • Annie~P... Ron Han... 2011/03/19 04:56:03
    Annie~Pro American~Pro Israel
    +3
    Excellent! Any American especially a politician, who sides with Hamas, demonstrates clearly, what's in their hearts and minds.
  • holly g... Ron Han... 2011/03/24 14:08:15
    holly go lightly
    +1
    I agree with everything you are saying.IMO I think Obama is going to grow the DOD.The armed forces will soon provide the only opportunities available.
  • C. C. Rider 2011/03/17 15:49:14 (edited)
    Other
    C. C. Rider
    +2
    lol....love the choices!!! LOL!! WE all know it was Bushie..... lol love choices lol bushie funny faces of george bush

I hope all of your beautiful pets are fine today and having fun. And love that you are showing off your sense of humor.
  • dublin9 C. C. R... 2011/03/17 16:45:32
    dublin9
    +5
    It was Bushie? Please explain in your own words giving specifics. Please, no hyperlinks or copy/paste boilerplate. I'll be happy to reply.

My furry friends are doing great. The cats are staunch conservatives but I sometimes worry about my doggie. I gave you a rave not because I agree with you, but after getting over that awkward "getting to know you" stage, I've come to like you.
  • Gwen dublin9 2011/03/17 18:07:56
    Gwen
    +2
    your cats must be at least 10 days old...not newborn kitties...since they have their eyes open... ;D
  • Smitten... dublin9 2011/03/18 17:55:33
  • dublin9 Smitten... 2011/03/18 17:59:30
    dublin9
    +2
    LOL. My female cat comes on to me all the time, but that doesn't make her a potential home wrecker. Well.... maybe it does. My little Tuffy can be rather seductive.
  • C. C. R... Smitten... 2011/03/18 18:12:13
    C. C. Rider
    +1
    president bush with women
    HA, tell me about it...he plays both ways...I can not even discuss what happened to me after he bushed away the sand off my back here!! he is a BEAST!!! ha plays ways discuss bushed sand beast Bush getting slapped by a woman then he moved on to my girlfriend.....PLAYER!!!!!
  • Smitten... C. C. R... 2011/03/18 18:16:55
  • dublin9 Smitten... 2011/03/18 18:25:34
    dublin9
    +1
    It's caused by genital stimulation on the seat of a bicycle.
  • C. C. R... Smitten... 2011/03/18 23:37:34
    C. C. Rider
    +1
    geroge bush with bruises

Yea....tapping it hard!! LOL yea tapping lol laura bush showing some muscle
  • Smitten... C. C. R... 2011/03/22 15:08:54
  • dublin9 C. C. R... 2011/03/18 18:24:00
    dublin9
    +1
    I've always felt that while liberal gals criticize conservatives, they find them hot.
  • Annie~P... Smitten... 2011/03/19 04:57:22 (edited)
  • Magnum 2011/03/17 13:42:48
    Magnum
    +3
    can we say logorrhea? Never says anything different, he does not have a clue on how to help the country. He is really good at spending money, have to give him that.
  • Plantgypc 2011/03/17 13:09:52
    Plantgypc
    +3
    HMMMM which is worse dying of starvation in the gas lines of the 70's or dying of starvation after paying for gas today.

http://www.contrarianresearch... gas lines 70s dying starvation paying gas httpwww contrarianresearch gas prices
  • Plantgypc 2011/03/17 13:09:45
    Plantgypc
    +1

• Plantgypc 2011/03/17 13:09:38 (edited)
    Plantgypc
    +1
  • Freedom Mom 2011/03/17 12:39:23 (edited)
    Freedom Mom
    +5
    Obama takes the cake, while Japan is fighting for their life, Obama is picking out NRC Basketball picks and running around meeting Hockey Players, it just speaks of his (priorities.) I feel that Obama's behavior speaks for itself, little known to some Americans, Toyko Electric that has been proven time after time to be found guility in safety violations, in building (Nucear power plants) and have been allowed to just continue down this distructive path, Obama has a plans with Toyko Electric, to build them in the Texas (gulf area )and he is intending to spend $4 Billion and is also willing to spend $56 million more of taxpayer money, on this project also giving Toyko Electric 20%. The Japanese authorities, presumably in an effort to prevent hysteria, have engaged in a cover-up of the true scale of Fukushima crisis from start to finish, and they have been largely aided by the mass media that has repeated their lies without question, despite the fact that there is a long history of covering up nuclear catastropes in Japan. This process has only put the Japanese people in more danger, and it will come to the US, if we as a people allow the cover- ups to prevail in the US. Iam not against Nuclear power if it is done right, but Americans need to educate their self on this matter and get envolved or at least learn to protect theirself if a disaster occurs. My prayers are with the Japanese people. Jimmy Carter is an idiot, Obama is just a pure EVIL tratior.
  • Ukie 2011/03/17 10:51:00
    Ukie
    +5
    They share a common flaw. Both have an unwarranted highly inflated opinion of themselves. They difference is that while Carter was an idiot he was not a traitor. Obama is knowingly subversive and cares "only" about his own personal agenda to do away with personal freedom and destroy our government by the people. The most dangerous man in America.... personal agenda personal freedom destroy government people dangerous america Obama most dangerous personal agenda personal freedom destroy government people dangerous america Obama most dangerous personal agenda personal freedom destroy government people dangerous america Obama subversive
  • 2sly 2011/03/17 10:02:52 (edited)
    Other
    2sly
    +2
    It's a toss up. I flipped my official coin and when it hit the floor it came up with (drum role) they are both an ASS.
  • Greg 2011/03/17 04:13:27
    Greg
    +5
    Obummer is way worse, Jimmy was trying to do good, he just wasn't good at it. Obama is a liar, lazy, and stupid.
  • rightside 2011/03/17 03:47:49
    rightside
    +4
    I think Jimmy is happy with bama, it makes him look better!!
    jimmy happy bama jimmy carter obama

2014/08/22 10:01:23