Who does Ron Paul think HE IS??!!

BlueRepublican 2012/04/30 16:46:11
This Ron Paul guy is not the typical politician. Love him or hate him he is everywhere. His grassroots energy is undeniable. The youth welcome him like a swaggering rock-star everywhere he goes. It makes no sense. I mean, take a look at his positions and behavior...

He walks out on nosy media reporters!!
He wants to end the War on Drugs.
He embarrasses FED Chairman Bernanke in front of everyone in Congress!!
He wants to cut a Trillion dollars and balance the budget.
He travels the country running for president without Secret Service
protection!!
He wants to audit the Federal Reserve and promotes sound money.
His supporters practically own the internet and rally by the thousands.!!
He wants to change the bomb-first, talk-later foreign policy.
1000+ Active-duty and military veterans marched on Washington for this guy!!
He wants people in government to follow the Constitution.
He calls politicians FAKE right to their face on National TV.
He wants to end the income tax and reduce the size of the fed govt.
He debates without a teleprompter and prepared audience-approved answers.
He receives more support(in donations) from military than anyone else!!
He wants young people to be able to OPT-out of Social Security!!

Many say that Ron Paul is too radical and would be more successful if he espoused positions more moderate like Romney and Obama. After all they...

Both take Wall-Street money from Goldman Sachs
Both support the unconstitutional Patriot Act and NDAA
Both want to continue the aggressive militarism while neither has served in the military.
Both like bail-outs (Romney TARP) (Obama-Wall Street/Detroit)
Both have passed expensive mandates (Romneycare vs Obamacare)
Both have Big Money Billionaires backing them (Obama/ Warren Buffett vs Romney/Frank Van der Sloot)
They both will say anything to get elected.

Ron Paul does not have Romney's great hair. He can't give speeches like Obama can. Obviously, he is too far outside the mainstream to be considered. The corporate media from both sides ignore him or blatanly proclaim he cannot win, so....

Who does Ron Paul think HE IS??!!

• LAAD Gunner - USMC 2012/04/30 16:53:53 (edited)
    LAAD Gunner - USMC
    +16
    An honest Constitutional man with integrity running for President!?! Oh the audacity!!!!!

honest constitutional integrity running president audacity

Ron Paul: Pumping life back into the Constitution and our country.

• Rodney Næthan ... 2012/04/30 22:02:29
    Rodney
    Uh huh! Maybe you should look at the similarities between Ron Paul and that well know Democratic candidate Lyndon LaRouche. Both seem to regurgitate the same bile. Both living in the land of Impracticality.
  • findthe... Rodney 2012/05/01 02:22:25
    findthelight2000
    Lyndon LaRouche started the Libertarian party when the Dixi-crats were kicked out of the Democratic party. You fail in that attempt to soil the reputation of the Democratic Party.
  • Rodney findthe... 2012/05/01 03:19:00
    Rodney
    Oops, you are WRONG on both points.
    Lyndon LaRouche Presidential Runs.
    1976
    In 1971 LaRouche founded the U.S. Labor Party as a vehicle for electoral politics. In 1976 he ran for President of the United States as the U.S. Labor Party candidate (Labor Party, a Democratic ideology)

1980
    The Democratic National Committee asserted that LaRouche is not a Democrat, but the U.S. electoral system made it impossible for the party to prevent LaRouche followers entering Democratic primaries.

1984
    Independent Democrats for LaRouche, a committee formed for the 1984 election, was found guilty in 1988 of soliciting loans in violation of Minnesota securities law, and was ordered to stop selling unregistered securities.

1988
    In 1988 LaRouche and running mate Billy Davis received 25,082 votes, or 0.03% of the vote. In Minnesota, LaRouche was listed on the ballot under the "National Economic Recovery" party and his vice-presidential candidate was Debra Hanania Freeman.

1992
    In 1992, LaRouche became the second person in U.S. history (after Eugene Debs) to run for President from a prison cell. LaRouche's running mate, who did the active campaigning, was the American Civil Rights Movement leader, Reverend James Bevel. (The American Civil Rights Movement is as close as LaRouche ever came to being a Republican)

...

Oops, you are WRONG on both points.
    Lyndon LaRouche Presidential Runs.
    1976

1980

1984

1988

1992

1996
    Prior to the primaries the Chair of the Democratic National Party, Don Fowler, ruled that LaRouche "is not to be considered a qualified candidate for nomination of the Democratic Party for President". In 1999, however, a court ruled that the Democratic National Committee had the right to keep LaRouche from electing delegates to the Democratic National Convention, based on a party requirement that a Democratic nominee must be a registered voter. LaRouche, as a convicted felon, is not eligible to be a registered voter in the state of Virginia, where he lives.

2000
    LaRouche qualified to win six delegates in the Arkansas Democratic primary. A minimum of 15% vote was required and LaRouche took 22%. However, the Democratic Party refused to grant him delegates because he was ineligible to vote.

2004
    Again, LaRouche gained negligible electoral support. However, according to the Federal Election Commission statistics, LaRouche had more individual contributors to his 2004 Presidential Campaign than any other candidate, until the final quarter of the primary season, when John Kerry surpassed him. As of the April 15 filing, LaRouche had 7834 individual contributions, of those who have given cumulatively, $200 or more, as compared to 6257 for John Kerry, 5582 for John Edwards, 4090 for Howard Dean, and 2744 for Gephardt.
    LaRouche was present in Boston during the 2004 Democratic National Convention but did not attend the convention itself. His followers sang songs insulting Democratic nominee John Kerry.[15] Later in the campaign his followers heckled Kerry and disrupted his rallies.

The Dixiecrats immediately dissolved after the 1948 election, their impact lasted much longer. Many white voters who initially cast Dixiecrat ballots gravitated back toward the Democratic Party only grudgingly, and they remained nominal Democrats at best.
  • findthe... Rodney 2012/04/30 21:26:27
    findthelight2000
    Not only that, but he is seen in numerous photos with known high-ranking White Supremacists and Nazis, as well as the support he has among the White Supremacists and Neo-Nazis, not to mention his voting record against civil rights laws gives him little credibility toward his claim that he is not a White Supremacist.
  • Rodney findthe... 2012/04/30 22:02:52
    Rodney
    Just like Lyndon LaRouche
  • findthe... Rodney 2012/05/01 02:24:59
    findthelight2000
    +1
    Yes..., a former Dixi-crat that formed the Libertarian Party, and went to jail for cheating the government and bad campaigning.
  • Striker Rodney 2012/05/01 03:24:32
    Striker
    +2
    It gets real simply. You support Paul, or you support Obama or his twin Romney.
    If there is a way out of this woods, who besides Paul knows the way?
  • Rodney Striker 2012/05/01 03:47:15
    Rodney
    Well, I figure Romney (IF he ends up the Republican candidate) we have a better chance of moving out of this mess. With Obie, there isn't snowballs chance in hell of ever recovering. The most important thing is to fill Congress with GOOD strong Constitutional Conservatives. A president can't do much with Congress on his side. Unless you are Barry and will circumvent Congress while they sit on their thumbs and smile.
  • Striker Rodney 2012/05/01 03:59:40
    Striker
    +2
    I hope that you don't learn the hard way about Romney.
  • Rodney Striker 2012/05/01 04:08:37
    Rodney
    And just how much of a chance does Ron Paul REALLY have? If 20% of republican write him in, who wins?
  • Striker Rodney 2012/05/01 04:20:29
    Striker
    +2
    Paul can beat Obama, Romney can't. We don't need more of the same.
  • Rodney Striker 2012/05/01 04:31:48
    Rodney
    Every poll I have seen has Paul just behind Obie, where as the Romney v Obie has Romney ahead just a few points. If Paul is our candidate, fine, I would p[refer to vote for him, BUT reality is, he will not be on the ticket and a write in has NEVER won. We the People have little to do with WHO actually gets on the ticket. I would prefer to vote for the lesser of two evils then to give the greater of two evils a second shot at destroying us.
  • Striker Rodney 2012/05/01 04:36:13
    Striker
    +3
    America, as most everywhere, has been voting for the lesser of evils for 234 years now, and look where we are.

It's time to stand for Principle, or forget it.
  • Rodney Striker 2012/05/01 05:05:24
    Rodney
    Frankly, I am not prepared to hand Barack another shot at destroying what little we have left. You are free to do as you please. I will be voting for whomever is the Republican candidate. I have in the past voted for third party candidates (Ross Perot and Ron Paul) and have watched as the bigger evil prevailed. Never again will I vote conscience. I did vote for Ron Reagan, as he was the BEST choice both times he ran.
  • Striker Rodney 2012/05/01 14:52:14
    Striker
    +3
    The answer to that is runoff voting, so that all can vote their principle. There are so many ways we see that the Dem-Rep monopoly works against principle, which I have always put first.

Obviously that principle is not first within the human species, and frankly, I don't pretend to understand that, but it's not healthy.
  • Rodney Striker 2012/05/01 17:26:57
    Rodney
    If we were in a situation where it wasn't so important to turn this entire country back from the direction THIS tyrant has it going, I could support building a multi-party system, but our main focus needs to be getting Barry and his Gestapo goons gone. It is too late to attempt a third party now. If those who have the greater ability to build it were to start after the election, it may be in place by the next election.
  • Striker Rodney 2012/05/01 17:31:40
    Striker
    +3
    What "next election"?

Watch & read this and weep
    http://no-ruler.net/2087/u-s-...
    will take only 7 minutes
  • Rodney Striker 2012/05/01 18:06:00
    Rodney
    That's not news to me. I've known it for quite sometime. That being said, we cannot change everything within the timeline Ron Paul is advocating. We must disassemble this leviathan in the same manner to which it was constructed, incrementally. We may be able to disassemble it at a quicker rate then it was built, but we cannot just pull the rug out. Not without creating a bigger mess then we have. Our government is going to have to grow a backbone or be replaced with people that have backbones. I am happy that we have men and women as the Paul's and some others, but we need many, many more. That is why I am more interested in filling the Congress with good Constitutional Conservatives then simply replacing a president and expecting that to solve all our problem. Even if RP were elected, the current congress could stop him dead in his tracks.
  • Striker Rodney 2012/05/01 18:10:05
    Striker
    +3
    A very moral position. Have you not noticed that somehow it doesn't work, and hasn't worked? Does America have another 234 years to get it right at last?

The WHEN is NOW.
  • Rodney Striker 2012/05/01 19:27:24
    Rodney
    The when starts as soon as Barack H. Obama is GONE. IMO we CANNOT gamble on another 4 years with this Pro-Marxist/Leninist at the helm. Striker, you are free to do as you see fit. I believe we MUST remove BHO first, then start the movement to disassemble the machine that the predecessors have built.
  • Striker Rodney 2012/05/02 02:51:09 (edited)
    Striker
    +2
    And you're going to vote for more of the same and expect different results? I give up. Remember me when the SHTF that I told you so. America will never see 2016.
  • Rodney Striker 2012/05/02 21:20:02
    Rodney
    To each his own. I see things as having to be deconstructed in a similar fashion as they were constructed. If we were to try and turn things around on a dime, I see major upheaval not a smooth transition.
  • Striker Rodney 2012/05/03 00:06:35
    Striker
    Collapse will be the upheaval, nobody can prevent it or control it or mitigate it. All we can do is hang on and seek to survive. Sorry, friend
  • Rodney Striker 2012/05/03 05:10:08
    Rodney
    Just what do you think would happen under a Ron Paul plan? I see the same thing only worse. Especially considering all the far left liberals we have and how attached they are to entitlements (entitlements will have to be the first to go). Think Greece is bad? Sorry my friend, we disagree on which way is the best track to follow.
  • Striker Rodney 2012/05/03 14:09:11
    Striker
    What I try to get you to realize is that We will have no useful choice. The global collapse dominoes are already lined up and Amerika is merely one cause waiting to be among the victims. When collapse hits, GOVERNments with their Collectivist Force and Fiat Money will fall - that means CLOSE and disappear.
  • Rodney Striker 2012/05/03 20:50:49
    Rodney
    I'm a tad more optimistic then you I guess. I see great danger near, but I don't see ONE man from the far conservative Libertarian side being able to get any of Congress to go with him and he CANNOT do it alone.
  • Striker Rodney 2012/05/03 22:27:23
    Striker
    I agree with that. Just perhaps Congress would pay attention to such a major change back toward Liberty and the Constitution, perhaps not. I've been saying for months that it's useless to "change" for merely more of the same which got us into this mess, PLUS this present Congress must be almost totally replaced to get anything better than more of the same. It seems that a foundation of Principle is being rendered obsolete.
  • Rodney Striker 2012/05/03 22:40:39
    Rodney
    I agree that we need to sweep nearly all the dead wood and OLD establishment and professional politicians out of Congress. I have been advocating that all along. Congress is the true power. I would like to see a strong leader as President. Someone with a positive outlook, ability to bring everyone together, an advocate for EVERYONE. I don't see that in any one of the current candidates, Ron Paul included. Gary Johnson was my choice. I think he has the qualities I was looking for, but we both know how he was treated.
  • Striker Rodney 2012/05/04 01:07:49
    Striker
    +1
    I also like Gary Johnson, and expect him to get the nomination at the LP convention started today and runs thru the 6th in LV.

I am NOT "coming together" with communists,
  • Rodney Striker 2012/05/04 01:18:03
    Rodney
    At this particular point in our history, I feel it more important to support the one who can garner the greatest number of votes, that is NOT Obammy. I just think it's important to get him gone, them work on righting the ship.
  • 9th of 9 2012/04/30 17:53:52 (edited)
    9th of 9
    +10
    Just your average honest to goodness American citizen.
  • John "By God" American 2012/04/30 17:29:21
    John "By God" American
    +11
    Just a patriotic, Constitutional, freedom and God loving citizen. No wonder they hate him...
    +11
    Life, liberty, and the PURSUIT of happiness
  • Bucky 2012/04/30 17:18:01
    Bucky
    +12
    Utmost respect for the man!

respect
  • Bozette 2012/04/30 17:08:14
    Bozette
    +15
    An American who wants what is best for our country and will stand up for what is right, and often he is the only one standing. He is a man of principle and integrity, a true statesman and patriot.
  • BlueRep... Bozette 2012/04/30 17:11:23
    BlueRepublican
    +13
    And that's why he has my vote RP2012!!!
  • Bozette BlueRep... 2012/04/30 17:20:13
    Bozette
    +12
    Mine as well, BP.
  • Zak Smith 2012/04/30 17:05:53
    Zak Smith
    +14
    The only honest person in the Federal Government.
  • Striker Zak Smith 2012/05/01 03:26:38
    Striker
    +1
    Could be -- there sure aren't many!
  • PhillipDavis 2012/04/30 17:03:45

2014/07/29 12:58:21