Who Do You Think Won the Vice Presidential Debate?

ABC News U.S. 2012/10/12 03:44:16

• DrRenovation 2012/10/30 22:23:30
    Paul Ryan
    DrRenovation
    This is coming from a democrat that's aware of his surrondings
  • neumo42 2012/10/15 22:59:41
    Joe Biden
    neumo42
    only just
  • River City 2012/10/12 23:49:47
    Joe Biden
    River City
    As a former debater, I believe that Biden trounced Ryan. Biden made his points more clearly and succinctly. I felt that Ryan was evasive and danced around the questions that he did not want to answer. Ryan seemed to spend all his time explaining why he did not have an answer.
  • Lupe Hickey 2012/10/12 23:46:35
    Joe Biden
    Lupe Hickey
    +1
    VP Biden came out on top in the debate. Between the two, VP Biden was more precise with his answers and rebuttals.
  • stevemcintosh1 2012/10/12 20:20:00
    Paul Ryan
    stevemcintosh1
    Biden told such large untruths (I.e. not voting for Iraq and Afghanistan) that no person can take him seriously. Also, who laughs at unemployment numbers?
  • Deacon Rivers 2012/10/12 20:13:00
    Joe Biden
    Deacon Rivers
    +2
    Biden exposed Ryan as a shallow lightweight. He disproved the unsubstantiated claim that Ryan is some type of brilliant intellect. No disrespect to Miaimi of Ohio but it is not a top tier school and Ryan graduated without any academic distinction.
  • Billy Bunyon 2012/10/12 20:01:43
    Paul Ryan
    Billy Bunyon
    +1
    Crazy Joe interrupted Paul Ryan 82 times compared to Ryan's 6. Not to mention the number of times the moderator cut him off before his time. But clearly Paul Ryan won the debate, not to mention the blatant bold faced lies he caught Biden in.
  • Jim Lynch 2012/10/12 19:57:19 (edited)
    Paul Ryan
    Jim Lynch
    +4
    I am an Irish Catholic American. Joe Biden reminded me of that loud mouthed blue collar kind of "Great Uncle" figure who you have to invite to family functions but that you hope is too tanked to make it. He is the Bray of the Democratic Ass; bombastic, rhetorical, anachronistic and nearly irrelevant. That old windbag has been in Washington for far too long. Joking Joe is an embarrassment to his nation, The Irish race, his faith, and even his own party. That so many democrats don't even recognize when they are being represented by a buffoon at that high a political level honestly scares the Malarkey out of me.
  • Gerald Soelz 2012/10/12 18:50:23
    Paul Ryan
    Gerald Soelz
    +3
    Joe Biden had made a clown out of himself last night.
  • chazz 2012/10/12 18:40:41
    Joe Biden
    chazz
    +4
    I ask the question was Romney rude and disrespecful when he was debating Obama?Disrespect the narator?Everyone one had no complaints, why the complaints now? No Biden was not on med, he was real and concern all the american people, both Dem & Rep ,Concern with seniors as well as my self receiving a vocher for medicare , which we all wiil end up not having no coverage because you will lnot be ble to afford the insurance at your age with pre-existing condition. At a certain age you alreay have to pay more for your insurance. Your health insurance in only good for a period of time most age 65, now think who is going to coverage you on Health Insurance with pre-existing conditions????Reality check
  • Just me ♥ chazz 2012/10/12 19:18:54
    Just me ♥
    Romney didn't interrupt anywhere as near as much as Biden. Biden interrupted Ryan almost once a minute.
  • Billy B... Just me ♥ 2012/10/12 20:08:19
    Billy Bunyon
    +2
    Here's the official count from a debate analyzer.

Biden's interruptions of Ryan - 82

Ryan's interruptions of Biden - 6
  • Billy B... Just me ♥ 2012/10/12 20:17:45
    Billy Bunyon
    +2
    Here's the line that will sink Obama's ship for good.

"We Weren't Told They Wanted More Security. We Did Not Know They Wanted More Security There." (Joe Biden: Vice Presidential Debate, Danville, KY, 10/11/12)

Count on Romney hammering him on it in the next debate.
  • DBrooks... Just me ♥ 2012/10/12 20:23:58
    DBrooks20746
    +1
    What channel were you watching? Not only did Rommey interrupt our President, he was quite disrespectful to the facilitator. He ran the show that night and was TOTALLY RUDE. If I'm not mistaken the rule was for each candidate to take 2 minutes to express their view on an issue identified. Rommey took 4 to 6 and he did interrupt the President and he was not at all entertaining. Now when VP Bidden takes Ryan to school and gives him and his party a taste of their own medicine while entertaining the masses, you all what to cry foul.

Yeah the Democrats wish the night of the Presidential debate that Obama was a little more firey; however we also realize that had he been that people like yourself would have viewed him as an angry Black man and that would have taken away for the issues at hand. I'll admit that President Obama is good looking but I can assure you that he did not become THE President of the United States on looks alone. He is smart, gives us hope, and has a lot of class which Rommey lacks.
  • Frances DBrooks... 2012/10/12 20:48:21
    Frances
    +3
    @D Brook...you are right on point.
  • Just me ♥ DBrooks... 2012/10/12 22:24:39
    Just me ♥
    I never said he didn't interrupt. What I said was that he didn't interrupt anywhere as near as much as Biden. Jokes on you buddy, I'm a democrat and I'm just calling them like I see them. Romney wasn't disrespectful to Leher, he simply let him know that he was not giving him the time he was supposed to and he did so politely. If I recall, according to CNN, BO had 4 mins more of debate time than Romney so apparentIy, Leher was either incompetant or biased.

I don't think BO is good looking, but it's obvious that you and Biden do. As I recall, Biden said, "I mean, you got the FIRST mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy." Oh wait, Biden is the racist for thinking that BO was the FIRST African-American who is articulate, bright, clean and nice looking, but perhaps he and BO are closer than we think because we all know Biden said himself that he always means what he says and I do believe he said, "I promise you, the president has a BIG stick, I promise you....".
  • Heminhaw DBrooks... 2012/10/12 23:36:04
    Heminhaw
    +1
    DBrooks/Frances-you are both idiots....factually speaking-in other words by actual official count-Obama spoke longer than Romney.
  • Lupe Hi... Just me ♥ 2012/10/12 23:51:06
    Lupe Hickey
    +3
    Yes, Romney was rude and constantly interrupted President Obama.
  • Just me ♥ Lupe Hi... 2012/10/12 23:53:10
    Just me ♥
    6 times next to Biden's 80+ pales in comparison.
  • Lupe Hi... Just me ♥ 2012/10/12 23:57:04
    Lupe Hickey
    +2
  • Just me ♥ Lupe Hi... 2012/10/12 23:59:47
    Just me ♥
    Wow....you're a broken record and a sock, your mother must be proud!
  • Scott W... Lupe Hi... 2012/10/13 01:52:03
    Scott Welborn
    +1
    Right. He killed an unprepared man.
  • michael Just me ♥ 2012/10/12 23:59:10
    michael
    +2
    I read your comment and I thought did I watch a different debate? and no i did not and he did not interrupt every minute.That is an outright lie like most of the crap out of the elephants mouths or in your case your trunk madam GOP
  • Just me ♥ michael 2012/10/13 00:01:44
    Just me ♥
    I'm a democrat who won't be voting for BO.
  • Billy B... chazz 2012/10/12 20:06:13
    Billy Bunyon
    +1
    Romney was as polite as you could possibly be, and he didn't put on crazy faces like old Joe. If you can't see a difference between Romney and Biden's behavior that says more about you than them.

romney polite crazy faces joe difference romney bidens behavior
  • Just me ♥ Billy B... 2012/10/12 22:25:57 (edited)
    Just me ♥
    +1
    He's the uncle that your mom tells you to stay away from at family gatherings. CREEPY! I predict a Polident commercial acting job in Biden's near future, say Jan. 2013, maybe?
  • tseliotess 2012/10/12 18:16:11
    Joe Biden
    tseliotess
    +4
    I'm a non-American American Studies teacher. What's all this holier-than-thou huffing & puffing, whining & complaining about Biden's smiling, laughing, being disrespectful, etc. ad nauseam coming from pro-GOPs? I'd rather have Biden's open, honest reactions to Ryan's hokum, than a put-on so-called "dignified, reserved, presidential demeanor". You guys---damn if you do, damn if you don't. You said Obama lost debate #1 cuz he was too emotion-less. Now you b*@ch about Biden's passion! Ryan--trying too hard, too early, too soon re political ambitions.Ryan's 40-lb briefcase couldn't win over Biden's decades of legislative experience.
  • Just me ♥ tseliotess 2012/10/12 19:20:09
    Just me ♥
    He had no passion. The toothy smiles and fake laughs were all an act. It's a good thing Biden is not an actor.
  • Billy B... tseliotess 2012/10/12 20:09:40 (edited)
    Billy Bunyon
    +1
    I guess the Socialists in Canada will never get it.

Non-American American studies teacher, That's a good one.
  • DBrooks... tseliotess 2012/10/12 20:37:11
    DBrooks20746
    +1
    Well said.
  • Frances tseliotess 2012/10/12 20:49:36
  • Heminhaw tseliotess 2012/10/12 23:40:34
    Heminhaw
    +3
    Open and honest? Whatever makes you think anything about Joe Biden is open and honest? 30 years in DC and you think there is any human feeling left in that tired political hack? Do you know the legislative record of Joe Biden? Can you cite the work he has done in his 30 years in Washington?
  • PTD 2012/10/12 17:55:35
    Joe Biden
    PTD
    +2
    Ryan was still vague as ever with no concrete plans and a lot of sidestepping. Just like Romney you would have to wait until after the election to find out what they are going to do, which loopholes to close, what is covered under their health care etc...More of the same Republican failed policies that failed us for the last ten years. With the constant change of positions from the two I don't think they even know where they stand. Biden trounced Ryan.
  • Just me ♥ PTD 2012/10/12 22:29:17
    Just me ♥
    Ryan couldn't complete hardly any answers as Biden was constantly interrupting him. I, for one, and I'm sure I'm not the only one, would have liked to have heard the plan. I think you are confused, it was Pelosi who said that you would have to pass Obamacare in order to find out what was in it. I'm one of those on the fence voters and in my opinion, Biden did NO favors to the American people by his constant interrupting and goofy faces.
  • Iron 2012/10/12 17:46:57
    Paul Ryan
    Iron
    +1
    Is a sad day for America when we see the VP acting like a child. But then again after what Obama has done with the false announcement and publicity given the video, put not just the embassy in Libya at risk but several dozen others in a matter of hours. Who killed these four men we may never be known, but if the ones who failed their responsibility to guard and protect our people in foreign embassy's they should be held liable from the top down, and measures should be put into effect immediately to insure this does not happen again.
  • Trish 2012/10/12 17:43:27
    Paul Ryan
    Trish
    +1
    Last night's Vice Presidential debate was very frustrating to watch. Biden's pompous grin was distracting and his interruptions were intentionally crafted to deflect any reasonable answer that Ryan may have given. I wish the moderator had exercised more control over Biden's aggressive interruptions so that we could have actually heard Ryan's answers to her questions.
  • judith 2012/10/12 17:20:33
    Paul Ryan
    judith
    +1
    Joe Biden should be retired now. Ryan has a new fresh ahead now.
  • chazz judith 2012/10/12 18:50:25
    chazz
    +2
    Wow, Ryan was not saying a thing, One thing you do know is that Ryan/Romney will not increase the Taxes for the Rich. What you DO NOT know what programs he will cut for the Middle Class , taxes, or you are not concern about that because your are a Billionaire and your parents dont recieve medicare or have a disable child or social security, or your dont't pay a mortgage??? WOW what part did you miss
  • michael chazz 2012/10/13 00:05:17
    michael
    +1
    well said
  • River City judith 2012/10/13 00:20:57
    River City
    +2
    What does "Ryan has a new fresh ahead now" mean? I did not see anything new about Ryan's proposal to return to tinkle down economics. Those are the ideas of Ryan's mentor, George Bush. Ryan was a staunch and reliable vote for Bush. Today he disavows Bush but not his ideas. Do not discount Biden for his age. My own children never cease to wonder how their Dad grew just a bit smarter each year that they aged. Anyway, I appreciate your comment, but I disagree.

2014/07/30 01:54:07