Who Do You Think Will Ultimately Win the 2012 Election?

Politics 2012/06/26 22:47:39
We know you want to make your opinion count -- especially during the time of a serious election. So, every week, SodaHead will host a handful of up-to-date polls having to do with the upcoming 2012 election.

Vote on this week's election questions below and make sure to come back every Tuesday to see how everyone voted -- and to receive a new batch of questions worth pondering. It's a great time to have an opinion. So, dive right in to our 2012 Election poll.

Read More: http://www.sodahead.com/survey/featured/2012-elect...

• Nimitz 2012/07/06 15:45:33
    Other
    Nimitz
    Statists/Elitists.
  • mich52 2012/07/06 15:33:22
  • STEVE mich52 2012/07/07 19:02:53
    STEVE
    +1
    that is what it will be ...HELL
  • sherdon2 2012/07/06 15:23:58
    Other
    sherdon2
    +1
    I am still waiting to see what happens at the GOP convention.
  • Mel the Witch POTL PWCM~JLA 2012/07/06 15:20:21
    Mitt Romney
    Mel the Witch POTL PWCM~JLA
    +4
    4 More years of Ostupid can not happen because we will not have a country
  • dayowayne 2012/07/06 15:00:43
    Mitt Romney
    dayowayne
    +3
    A Las Vegas "odds maker" opines on why Obama will get "killed" by Romney in November.

Wayne Allyn Root
    May 30, 2012
    Town hall Alerts

Most political predictions are made by biased pollsters, pundits, or prognosticators who are either rooting for Republicans or Democrats. I am neither. I am a former Libertarian Vice Presidential nominee, and a well-known Vegas oddsmaker with one of the most accurate records of predicting political races.

But as an oddsmaker with a pretty remarkable track record of picking political races, I play no favorites. I simply use common sense to call them as I see them. Back in late December I released my New Years Predictions. I predicted back then- before a single GOP primary had been held, with Romney trailing for months to almost every GOP competitor from Rick Perry to Herman Cain to Newt- that Romney would easily rout his competition to win the GOP nomination by a landslide. I also predicted that the Presidential race between Obama and Romney would be very close until election day. But that on election day Romney would win by a landslide similar to Reagan-Carter in 1980.

Understanding history, today I am even more convinced of a resounding Romney victory. 32 years ago at this moment in time, Reagan was losing by 9 points to Carter. Romney is ...

Wayne Allyn Root
    May 30, 2012
    Town hall Alerts

Understanding history, today I am even more convinced of a resounding Romney victory. 32 years ago at this moment in time, Reagan was losing by 9 points to Carter. Romney is right now running even in polls. So why do most pollsters give Obama the edge?

First, most pollsters are missing one ingredient- common sense. Here is my gut instinct. Not one American who voted for McCain 4 years ago will switch to Obama. Not one in all the land. But many millions of people who voted for an unknown Obama 4 years ago are angry, disillusioned, turned off, or scared about the future. Voters know Obama now- and that is a bad harbinger.

Now to an analysis of the voting blocks that matter in U.S. politics:
    *Black voters. Obama has nowhere to go but down among this group. His endorsement of gay marriage has alienated many black church-going Christians. He may get 88% of their vote instead of the 96% he got in 2008. This is not good news for Obama.

*Hispanic voters. Obama has nowhere to go but down among this group. If Romney picks Rubio as his VP running-mate the GOP may pick up an extra 10% to 15% of Hispanic voters (plus lock down Florida ). This is not good news for Obama.

*Jewish voters. Obama has been weak in his support of Israel . Many Jewish voters and big donors are angry and disappointed. I predict Obama's Jewish support drops from 78% in 2008 to the low 60’s. This is not good news for Obama.

*Youth voters. Obama’s biggest and most enthusiastic believers from 4 years ago have graduated into a job market from hell. Young people are disillusioned, frightened, and broke- a bad combination. The enthusiasm is long gone. Turnout will be much lower among young voters, as will actual voting percentages. This not good news for Obama.

*Catholic voters. Obama won a majority of Catholics in 2008. That won’t happen again. Out of desperation to please women, Obama went to war with the Catholic Church over contraception. Now he is being sued by the Catholic Church. Majority lost. This is not good news for Obama.

*Small Business owners.Because I ran for Vice President last time around, and I'm a small businessman myself, I know literally thousands of small business owners. At least 40% of them in my circle of friends, fans and supporters voted for Obama 4 years ago to “give someone different a chance.” I warned them that he would pursue a war on capitalism and demonize anyone who owned a business...that he’d support unions over the private sector in a big way...that he'd overwhelm the economy with spending and debt. My friends didn’t listen. Four years later, I can't find one person in my circle of small business owner friends voting for Obama. Not one. This is not good news for Obama.

*Blue collar working class whites. Do I need to say a thing? White working class voters are about as happy with Obama as Boston Red Sox fans feel about the New York Yankees. This is not good news for Obama.

*Suburban moms. The issue isn’t contraception…it’s having a job to pay for contraception. Obama’s economy frightens these moms. They are worried about putting food on the table. They fear for their children’s future. This is not good news for Obama.

*Military Veterans. McCain won this group by 10 points. Romney is winning by 24 points. The more our military vets got to see of Obama, the more they disliked him. This is not good news for Obama.

Add it up. Is there one major group where Obama has gained since 2008? Will anyone in America wake up on election day saying “I didn’t vote for Obama 4 years ago. But he’s done such a fantastic job, I can’t wait to vote for him today.” Does anyone feel that a vote for Obama makes their job more secure?

Forget the polls. My gut instincts as a Vegas oddsmaker and common sense small businessman tell me this will be a historic landslide and a world-class repudiation of Obama’s radical and risky socialist agenda. It's Reagan-Carter all over again. But I’ll give Obama credit for one thing - he is living proof that familiarity breeds contempt.
  • richwright dayowayne 2012/07/13 22:32:22
    richwright
    sounds like a 2 bit odds maker that can only make it by not paying taxes.
  • dayowayne richwright 2012/07/14 00:51:29
    dayowayne
    Don't ever take up gambling!
  • richwright dayowayne 2012/07/14 19:11:17
    richwright
    gambling is for losers. they pay for mighty nice looking casinos though.
  • TrudyGirl 2012/07/06 14:56:28
    Barack Obama
    TrudyGirl
    +2
    Americans are smarter than the GOP believes we are. We have seen their parade of clowns and now we will vote for the correct man for our country.; it will be President Barack Obama.
  • words t... TrudyGirl 2012/07/06 15:42:00
    words to live by
    +1
    What has he done for you?
  • TrudyGirl words t... 2012/07/06 16:22:57
    TrudyGirl
    +1
    Health Plan, gay/lesbians bills that help my friends, we are out of iraq..too many to list but they are all there
  • words t... TrudyGirl 2012/07/06 18:36:01 (edited)
    words to live by
    +1
    This health bill will not benefit the older generation. The younger generation will have to get off their duffs and work to pay for it down the road. Those that already get medicaid will continue to get it. The illegals from around the world will continue to get it free, while you and I will die by the wayside. We are not completely out of Iraq and may never be. We are supporting other nations around the world, while America sinks further and further into decline. Obama apologizes to other countries for America. He's a divider, never held a private sector job and has nary a clue. He can't talk to the American people without a teleprompter. Too many more things to list, but they are all there....
  • stephan... TrudyGirl 2012/07/08 00:39:13
    stephanie.turner.16503
    +2
    You're kinda....dumb. I'm sorry to say it, but WHAT health plan, WHAT gay/lesbian "bills" and since when are we out of Iraq? You doofus, he has sent MORE troops over AND broke his promise to take them out. It's people like you that got us into this mess.
  • richwright stephan... 2012/07/13 22:38:39
    richwright
    he got rid of "don't ask, don't tell" for starters. Who got us into Iraq and Afghanistan to begin with? http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-2...
  • STEVE TrudyGirl 2012/07/07 19:06:16
    STEVE
    +1
    we are smart enough to vote for a president that has presided over the worst economy...maybe EVER...the president who has an unemployment rate only eclipsed by the great depression....the president who has added more debt than all the others combined...AND DO NO'T TRY TO SELL THE "IT'S ALL BUSHES FAULT " line, because on that count, the American public is smart enough to see through it!!! oh please
  • richwright STEVE 2012/07/13 22:39:31
    richwright
    nope try the great depression. Obama stimulus saved us from falling off a cliff.
  • Southern Man 2012/07/06 14:47:21 (edited)
  • richwright Souther... 2012/07/13 22:39:52
    richwright
    +1
    he's a pug
  • Souther... richwright 2012/07/13 22:51:49
    Southern Man
    Right and I guess your the better Man well I guess I will vote for you
  • richwright Souther... 2012/07/13 23:19:04
    richwright
    thanks. wise choice.
  • Boo Gotti 2012/07/06 14:42:14
    Barack Obama
    Boo Gotti
    +1
    Hands down!
  • STEVE Boo Gotti 2012/07/07 19:07:20
    STEVE
    +1
    Boo, I think you will come to like President Romney...really you will.
  • TrudyGirl STEVE 2012/07/10 22:34:04
    TrudyGirl
    There will be no President Romney. He is not suitable to run a country where the not wealthy live. He would sell us out for his wealthy friends and if you think otherwise you are living in lala land.
  • ray TrudyGirl 2012/07/13 18:07:22
    ray
    Romney would make a much better president. Obama has killed a few terrorists, and...that is all he has done that is good. The health care is just a tax disguised as crappy ealth care.
  • richwright ray 2012/07/13 22:43:03 (edited)
    richwright
    yes he will lower the tax on the "job creators" so we will all have at least three jobs. Just like the good ole days under Bush II.
  • ray richwright 2012/07/13 23:08:08
    ray
    And raising the taxes making the job creaters have less money forcing them to pay workers less and have less money for themselves is a good thing?

Yeah, you have terrible logic.
  • richwright ray 2012/07/13 23:24:56
    richwright
    Did you know the multinationals are making money hands over fist? That Apple makes 400K per employee? That GE paid nothing last year in US income tax? No they have plenty of money to pay more. Or should the government withhold more from your McDonald's check? I have multiple college degrees and believe me have far more logic than you are likely to ever have. Get an education son.
  • ray richwright 2012/07/13 23:28:49
    ray
    Okay, you must be selfish. Just YOU are doing fine, doesn't mean everyone else is.

Tell me, how the hell can you expect more jobs from the rich, if the rich have less money? The companies are already doing bad, and you actually expect making the job creators pay more money is going to help?

Get a functional brain becuase having a degree doesn't mean you know about politics. In fact, you know nothing about politics.

Get some real facts man.
  • richwright ray 2012/07/13 23:36:22
    richwright
    check the earning's reports, massive hiring overseas by the multinationals, and importing of H1B's to do work here at home. The economy is booming for the multinationals that run Congress.Have you ever met a "rich" person that didn't live in a fricking mansion kid? Their tax rates are the lowest in history.
  • ray richwright 2012/07/13 23:47:10
    ray
    "Econonomy is booming"? You got to be kidding. the economy sucks and it is because Obama will not fix Bush's mess. The debt is at 15 trillion and the unemployment is at 8.3%.

You do not lower the taxes like Bush, nor raise them like Obama.

Have ever listened to politics on the radio man? Becuase you really need to, you are in desperatre need for real facts....
  • richwright ray 2012/07/14 19:15:43
    richwright
    You are green aren't you. Business is absolutely BOOMING you juvenile delinquent. Don't you even follow the "Fox" business news. Stock market is up with Obama and multinationals are hiring by the boatload (mostly overseas). Profits are up little boy just not in Mesquite perhaps.
  • ray richwright 2012/07/14 19:25:47
    ray
    You are a moron aren't you? Businesses are being RUINED you juvinlie retard. Don't follow Obama lies and "promises".

Every company is laying off people. Even a big companies like Hertz is laying people off, and many companies are paying less and don't offer over-time.
  • richwright ray 2012/07/16 02:31:02
    richwright
    Pick up the Wall Street Journal son. Maybe even Fox business news might cure your ignorance.
  • ray richwright 2012/07/16 19:17:59
    ray
    Listen to politics on the radio man. Maybe it can cure your stupidity.
  • richwright ray 2012/07/17 04:30:44
    richwright
    who do you listen to. Rush? That is all editorial son.
  • ray richwright 2012/07/17 04:34:12
    ray
    Who do you listen to? Obama? He is full of lies man. Every poll says that people who listen to the radio are more informed than anyone else that doesn't, and since I listen to it and you don't, I know more than you.
  • richwright ray 2012/07/17 04:39:26
    richwright
    do you realize how unintelligent you sound? People that listen to State run radio in North Korea are "informed" also according to your logic? Do you listen to the BBC, Cspan, NY Times, MSNBC or just the right wing editorial crap on radio for your "facts".
  • ray richwright 2012/07/17 04:42:55 (edited)
    ray
    Do you realize how idiotic you sound? People who listen to the radio in the US are more informed, and you will believe that if you have ligic and intelligence.
    http://www.mediaite.com/onlin...
    http://www.poynter.org/latest...
    Do you listen to real news, or just that left wing "news" media you listed?
  • richwright ray 2012/07/17 04:50:19
    richwright
    you don't know what BBC or C-Span is, do you?

2014/10/26 05:17:06