Who Do You Think Will Ultimately Win the 2012 Election?

Politics 2012/06/20 01:02:06
We know you want to make your opinion count -- especially during the time of a serious election. So, every week, SodaHead will host a handful of up-to-date polls having to do with the upcoming 2012 election.

Vote on this week's election questions below and make sure to come back every Tuesday to see how everyone voted -- and to receive a new batch of questions worth pondering. It's a great time to have an opinion. So, dive right in to our 2012 Election poll.

Read More: http://www.sodahead.com/survey/featured/2012-elect...

• Rod Revolut... 2012/06/23 19:01:55
    Rod
    Because I state my opinion doesn't mean that I am bashing your beliefs. You can believe what you want, I don't care. What I am "bashing" are your incorrect facts.

I apologize if you got the impression that I was bashing your beliefs. The problem with most of your beliefs however, is that they aren't based on fact, at least where Romney is concerned. I still claim adamantly that you know nothing about Romney. Give me just "one" instance that shows that Romney is morally corrupt. Just one. Make sure that it is not just your opinion or something that you heard. I want facts. You can't do it. Romney is squeaky clean. If you had researched on the internet, as you claim, then you would know that he is nothing like you are trying to portray him. Nothing like that. I would be interested to know where you received your information. What website? I agree with your assessment of the MSM. Wow, can you believe that? I actually agree with you on something.

As far as the lawsuit is concerned, many reputable attorneys, both Democrat and Republican have stated that it is a frivolous action that will not pass muster. And I wasn't passing it off as a petty misdemeanor either. Plus, I do have the right to say anything that I want to about the suit, Apparently you and Ron Paul don't agree on the Fi...

As far as the lawsuit is concerned, many reputable attorneys, both Democrat and Republican have stated that it is a frivolous action that will not pass muster. And I wasn't passing it off as a petty misdemeanor either. Plus, I do have the right to say anything that I want to about the suit, Apparently you and Ron Paul don't agree on the First Amendment of the Constitution. I can guarantee you that Ron Paul would never tell me that I don't have the right to my opinion. The judge that you were referring to is a no nonsense judge so the Ron Paul suit better be pretty cut and dried... which it isn't. Again i will repeat, even Ron Paul has distanced himself from this lawsuit.
  • Revolut... Rod 2012/06/23 22:35:43
    Revolution 2012
    Paul may not have offered his support of the lawsuit (for political reasons) but he did offer encouragement to his supporters on the issue: http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2012... ; http://www.youtube.com/watch?...

Romney is not squeaky clean as you say. The liberal and conservative media giants keep finding problems and inconsistencies in his values and character. The sheer magnitude of negative advertising against both Romney and Obama should serve as a quantitative indicator of their corruptness, seeing as those who are more morally and politically acceptable generally have less controversy surrounding them. Here is one example of such reporting: http://thinkprogress.org/prog...

In the case of our differing beliefs, yes, your opinion often does mean you are bashing mine since ouir opinions contradict each other. By the way, there is no such thing as an incorrect fact. A fact is something that has been confirmed true and which has supporting evidence. An incorrect fact is mutually exclusive, meaning the statement you just made about my "facts" is nonsensical and contradictory. Also, any lawsuit regarding fraud involving something as important as a politcal party is not frivolous, but should be considered extremely serious and carried out fairly to the fullest extent of the law. By tr...

In the case of our differing beliefs, yes, your opinion often does mean you are bashing mine since ouir opinions contradict each other. By the way, there is no such thing as an incorrect fact. A fact is something that has been confirmed true and which has supporting evidence. An incorrect fact is mutually exclusive, meaning the statement you just made about my "facts" is nonsensical and contradictory. Also, any lawsuit regarding fraud involving something as important as a politcal party is not frivolous, but should be considered extremely serious and carried out fairly to the fullest extent of the law. By treating abuse of individuals and the political system as frivolous, you spit on the very documents that protect your right to speak your mind, as you and I are doing so now, and reject the right to a fair trial, which is also a critical right of our society. Think about what you are saying! I fear that this has come down to the confused panderings of an aging man (as indicated by your profile picture) even though you seem to have a reasonable amount of logic hidden behind all of that nonsense.

Even if I'm wrong, I know that you are not right.
  • Rod Revolut... 2012/06/24 13:00:36
    Rod
    If you keep insisting that I'm bashing your beliefs then why do you keep "bashing" my beliefs? Apparently you feel that if someone has a different thought process or different understanding than you then you are being "bashed". This is exactly why you are such a Ron Paul fanatic.

I guess I put the term "incorrect facts" in the wrong context for you. Let me explain what I meant (I think that you already know this-you are just wanting to bash me again). What I was getting at is the "facts", as you believe them, are incorrect. They are not actually facts but your beliefs.

By the way any lawsuit, no matter the subject, is considered frivolous if it has no substance. Let me define frivolous for you since you don't seam to understand the term: "FRIVOLOUS: In law, frivolous litigation is the practice of starting or carrying on law suits that, due to their lack of legal merit, have little to no chance of being won." Now that is what frivolous means. It doesn't mean that the subject matter isn't important.

You see the difference between you and me is that I am willing to concede that there are some good and admiral qualities about Ron Paul. You, on the other hand, because of your fear that someone might think that your are dissing on your favorite candidate will never find the good in a...

You see the difference between you and me is that I am willing to concede that there are some good and admiral qualities about Ron Paul. You, on the other hand, because of your fear that someone might think that your are dissing on your favorite candidate will never find the good in any other candidate. Even if God was the other candidate you would not back off of Ron Paul.

There is never any compromise with you. Never any looking for the good in other candidates, it's just: Ron Paul-Ron Paul-Ron Paul-Ron Paul-Ron Paul-Ron Paul-Ron Paul-Ron Paul. It gets old trying to show you anything because all you want to do is bash the other person. Maybe that's all you can do. You guys are such poor losers. I hope you grow up in time.
  • Kathy O... Rod 2012/06/23 08:30:06
    Kathy Overhauser
    "He can't and won't win", you repeat that like a mantra. I would rather see neither Romney nor Obama in office. We know Romney is just another Obama with a different color of skin and he is a citizen.Its moral to abuse dogs and people? To buy companies, break them up putting people out of work then sending the profits tothe Caymen Islands, avoiding taxes? Moral to say this or that, depending on what the audience wants to hear?Its moral to hijack the RNC, stealing delegates from Ron Paul? You have an odd idea of what is moral. If Romney loves America he should have been creating jobs and paying his taxes. But you accept his behaviour as moral, proving you are corrupt.,
  • Rod Kathy O... 2012/06/23 12:52:39
    Rod
    You would rather see "neither Romney nor Obama in office". Well I don't have a problem with that. I can assure you however, that it will be one or the other of them... not Ron Paul. So if it isn't Paul then what would you do that is best for the country knowing that a write in candidate is just a protest movement and a total waste of a vote. A write in vote is literally a plus for Obama.

As far as Romney's character goes, this is where your ignorance from watching and reading the Main Stream Media's lies and distortions of him comes from. It's absolutely obvious that you know nothing about what Bain Corp does. It's obvious that you know nothing about how much in taxes Romney paid (you just assume something based on the MSM). It was only abuse to the dog if the animal suffered at all, which it didn't. Romney not only created jobs, he created and saved tens of thousands of them. Tens of thousands more than were lost. Do some research. Romney may be the most moral person that we have ever had run for the presidency. His character is unquestionably unimpeachable. That is without question. Do I agree with every policy decision and idea that Romney has? Of course not. Just as I hope that you've done a little research on Ron Paul and hopefully you don't agree with every single one of his ideas (some are really off the wall).

Romney created thousands of jobs and paid millions in taxes. And saying that I am corrupt just proves my point... you know nothing.
  • Kathy O... Rod 2012/07/01 10:09:50
    Kathy Overhauser
    I simply could not vote for either Obama or Romney and sleep well at night. If Obama wins, so be it, he is likely to be impeached (though how someone never eligible could BE impeached is beyond me) very soon. I never watch TV, don't even have a connection for it. I gave up watching media lies over 25 years ago. I understand the RNC thugs don't want me to vote for Ron Paul, but I do not take my marching orders from them. Calling me a "know nothing" does not change the fact that Romney is just another monied thug.
  • Rod Kathy O... 2012/07/01 13:35:41
    Rod
    I'm curious why you call Romney a "monied thug" Where did you get that idea? Just because he has money doesn't make him a "monied thug". If that were the case then Ron Paul would also be a "monied thug".

You're assuming an Obama impeachment and your wrong. He will never be impeached. We can't take a chance on for four more years.
  • Kathy O... Rod 2012/06/23 08:11:39
    Kathy Overhauser
    You did know that anyone over 18 can register to vote? These are teenagers. The Ron Paul movement is not corrupt from the top down, as are Romeney's and Obama's. Some of his underlings may be, like Rand. I never listened to him. Ron Paul has been saying the same correct things for over 30 years. No flip-flops there. Be realistic yourself, the Constitution is our main law.
  • Rod Kathy O... 2012/06/23 12:35:25
    Rod
    You know nothing about what goes on with Ron Paul. Absolutely nothing. You hear his talk about the Constitution, which I agree with by the way, and you immediately assume that he is squeaky clean. Get over it. You don't really know anything about him.
  • Kathy O... Rod 2012/07/01 10:14:52
    Kathy Overhauser
    And yet there has been no dirt dished about Ron Paul because there is NONE. I knew him when he was a Libertarian, which I really am, he has not changed his position since then. Mitt changes his position every time the wind does. I know something whether you like it or not. I think I know you may be a shill.
  • Rod Kathy O... 2012/07/01 13:40:13
    Rod
    There has been no dirt dished out about Ron Paul because there is no need to waste time on a non-candidate. Maybe they wouldn't find any, who knows... who cares? When you say that Ron Paul has not changed his position what are you saying? That he never learns, that he can never compromise or maybe because of pride he refuses to admit it when he is wrong? I'm curious.
  • Kathy O... Rod 2012/07/07 10:57:52
    Kathy Overhauser
    The RNC has spent a lot of effort trying to steal delegates from Dr. Paul. Now why do you suppose they do that? To try to make him a non-candidate. I care that there is no dirt to dish for MY CANDIDATE. The others are so slimy. He is saying the Constitution is the main body of law for this nation. You do not seem to know that and certainly the other candidates do not. He is not wrong and should never compromise. I find you curious. You seem to want a dictatorship.
  • Rod Kathy O... 2012/07/07 13:06:30 (edited)
    Rod
    I wasn't suggesting that Paul compromise on the Constitution. His problem is that he won't compromise on anything. There has to be some give and take in many other arenas. Paul is not God and therefore he is wrong on somethings. You shouldn't put him on such a high pedestal

I think that the Constitution is the greatest document that has ever been written. Romney does love the Constitution. Everyone knows that Obama doesn't. Obama wants to change it, but we should never let that happen. I'm not going to argue over what you think about the RNC but show me how Romney is directly involved in that. The same things could be said about Ron Paul when it comes to his supporters. Many of them have caused a lot of problems with their actions but I don't hold that against Ron Paul.

I know what Ron Paul says and thinks about the Constitution and I honor him for that. I agree with his stance on that issue. Because I disagree with Paul on many many other issues doesn't mean that I want a dictatorship. Where did you come up with that nonsense... just because I disagree. With that logic, then because I disagree with (and dislike) Obama, I must be a racist (you too). I'm not, and I feel comfortable that you're not, a racist. I also guess that with your logic, because you are so against Romney, ...

I know what Ron Paul says and thinks about the Constitution and I honor him for that. I agree with his stance on that issue. Because I disagree with Paul on many many other issues doesn't mean that I want a dictatorship. Where did you come up with that nonsense... just because I disagree. With that logic, then because I disagree with (and dislike) Obama, I must be a racist (you too). I'm not, and I feel comfortable that you're not, a racist. I also guess that with your logic, because you are so against Romney, that you must be anti-Mormon.

I didn't say that there was no dirt to dish about your candidate , it's just not worth the time to investigate. (I agree that there may not be any dirt. Just because no one has bothered to investigate it, doesn't mean that there couldn't be.
  • Kathy O... Rod 2012/06/23 08:05:31
    Kathy Overhauser
    That is just what all the Ron Paul supporters I know intend to do.
  • Rod Kathy O... 2012/06/23 12:31:46
    Rod
    All three of them? Wow, that will make a difference. And since a write in candidate can never win then all that does is take votes away from Romney and gives Obama a larger percentage. Is that really what you want?
  • Revolut... Rod 2012/06/23 13:58:19
    Revolution 2012
    Thousands of Ron Paul supports showed up to his rallies, there is a Ron Paul festival being held in Tampa that is expected to draw 200,000 people or more, and there are dozens of people on this site alone that actively support Ron Paul. Don't give me that "three supporters" crap.
  • Kathy O... Rod 2012/07/01 10:20:52
    Kathy Overhauser
    "All three of them", you are a pretty funny guy. If there were only three Romney would not be pulling all the dirty tricks to keep him from being nominated. "takes votes away from Romney" that cannot be done, he NEVER had my vote so how can it be taken away from him? Like I said before, Obama at least will soon be impeached. Romney would be allowed a "pass" to pick right up where Obama left off, shredding the Constitution.
  • Rod Kathy O... 2012/07/01 13:45:21
    Rod
    You are not very enlightened about politics are you? Obama will never be impeached. And tell me some of the dirty tricks that you say Romney has pulled to take votes away from Ron Paul. I can't believe that you actually believe that Romney is one bit concerned about Ron Paul winning the nomination. Did you know that Romney has agreed to include some Ron Paul proposals in his platform for moving forward in this country? I'll bet you didn't.
  • Kathy O... Rod 2012/07/07 11:05:37
    Kathy Overhauser
    Not enlightened? Because I want justice? You seem firm that criminal activity should just be allowed to stand. Just recently Oregon had a problem seating alternate delegates. Maybe you never read negative reports about your heavy-handed RNC. That is a good way to remain unenlightened. It is good politics for Romney to include some of Ron Paul's proposals in his platform. Doesn't mean a thing, after the elections he will forget about that and continue in Obama's shoes as dictator.
  • Rod Kathy O... 2012/07/07 13:23:38
    Rod
    We all want justice, get over it. You are not very enlightened in politics if you think that Obama will ever be impeached however. Listen up and I will make try to make myself very clear to you. Hopefully you will be able to understand me this time. I feel that Obama is a criminal and guilty of treason. He still will never be impeached even though I think that he should be. How in the world could you possibly think that I want, or would condone, criminal activity. I'm as much against that as you are, no matter who is guilty... Obama, Paul, Romney or anyone else.

As far as the RNC is concerned, (by the way it's not "my" RNC), show me Romney's personal involvement. Show me someone from his staff that is involved in what you are referring to. Show me the proof of what the RNC has done... not just accusations, but real proof.

I know Romney personally, and I know that he loves this country. He has no desire to be a dictator. Everything that you say seems to be just guess work.
  • Colleen Kathy O... 2012/06/20 14:25:28
    Colleen
    How many suns can you see from your planet? Mitt's numbers continue to rise...do you read newspapers or have a TV?
    Ron Paul is a pretty nice guy....he never had a chance due to his loony followers....you ruined him.
    By the way..he is behind Romney..Rand as well.....get with the program.
  • Revolut... Colleen 2012/06/21 13:47:18
    Revolution 2012
    +1
    Ron Paul would never endorse Romney. I'll just leave this here then...

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/ro...
  • Rod Revolut... 2012/06/24 18:11:30
    Rod
    Actually Ron Paul "didn't" say that he would "never" endorse Mitt Romney. What he did say was that he wasn't ready to endorse him right now. He may endorse him at a later time-who knows?
  • Colleen Revolut... 2012/07/10 13:48:14
    Colleen
    Ron Paul was endorsing Romney all through the primaries..he was the only one he did not ridicule.
    Ron Paul was not running for president..he said all along that it was all about 'THE MESSAGE'....please listen to his words. It was never his intention and he knew he would not be the nominee...spreading his message was his intention.
    Ron Paul does not endorse..but his son did it for him. He is his fathers son..
  • Kathy O... Colleen 2012/06/23 08:02:46
    Kathy Overhauser
    I absolutely do not read newspapers or watch TV. Well, sometimes I do read newspapers on the internet just to see what they are lying about or leaving out. If you believe this is "news", then you are from another planet. Keep drinking that Kool-aid.
  • Colleen Kathy O... 2012/07/10 13:40:27
    Colleen
    You revealed yourself in the first sentence. It is you and people like you that got us in this mess to begin with.
    How do you know what to check out on the Internet when you do not know what is going on in the first place...DUH!
  • Kathy O... Colleen 2012/07/28 13:40:09
    Kathy Overhauser
    Sorry, but it is people who watch corporate media news that are misinformed. Drink the Kool-aid, pay your taxes, nice sheeple, stay asleep. I told you I watch corporate media lies to see what to check out on alternative news site. I read alternative news sites all the time for the real news. You should try a dose of reality. You just don't realize how much you have been managed.
  • Kathy O... Colleen 2012/07/07 11:06:47
    Kathy Overhauser
    Please define loony.
  • Colleen Kathy O... 2012/07/10 13:42:34
    Colleen
    It is in the dictionary....you don't look at that either????
  • Kathy O... Colleen 2012/07/28 13:45:42
    Kathy Overhauser
    All the time. But I am not loony by that definition and so I wondered what yours was. Are you a mental health specialist? Name-calling is not nice and a sign that the author does not have much command of words.
  • jack Kathy O... 2012/06/21 18:11:45
    jack
    can't even imagine Michelle to sing ... if she sings the way she looks - it would be a sheer horror to listen.
  • Kathy O... jack 2012/06/23 08:04:01
    Kathy Overhauser
    lol, well, I meant myself. I don't sing well.
  • say what? 2012/06/20 11:45:09
    Other
    say what?
    The new world order goons.
  • Wolverineland 2012/06/20 11:24:39
    Barack Obama
    Wolverineland
    It will be close but I think President Obama will pull a Kirk Gibson in the bottom of the ninth. obama is superman
  • Charles 2012/06/20 11:19:27
    Barack Obama
    Charles
    Unless a series of deleterious events befall us between now and the election, I think that President Obama will be re-elected.
    Despite the efforts of most major media outlets to convince us otherwise, I think Governor Romney has even less of a chance than Senator McCain did in the 2008 election.
    I will also point out that the major media outlets have been promoting Governor Romney as the inevitable Republican nominee since before he even announced his candidacy.

Regards,

Charles
  • Colleen Charles 2012/06/20 14:28:56
    Colleen
    There is only one media that even gives Romney a fair shot. ONE.
    85 % of the media is Liberal. Please look up the data.
    Regards...
  • Charles Colleen 2012/06/22 13:49:21
    Charles
    Colleen,

I'm sure that you would agree that NPR is not considered a bastion of consevratism or "pro-Republican" by most of our fellow citizens. If so, here is a telling fact to support my claims: Following Senator Santorum's multi-state primary wins, NPR ran a story basically assuring readers/listeners that despite the Senator's surprising gains, Governor Romney's frontrunner status wasn't threatened. He had always been the frontrunner, would always be the frontrunner, and in all probability would be the Republican nominee.

One of my points is that most major media outlets have been telling us that Governor Romney has been THE frontrunner since before the Republican candidate field was even formally arranged (that is, before all of the candidates announced their candidacy).

How can one candidate be the "frontrunner" when the rest of the field isn't even known? He can't. Governor Romney, and later a cycle of other candidates, were given biased and positive "press" during the primary season by most major media outlets, not just one. Of course, there was the poor reporting and sensationalism all too common in political coverage as well.

"Horse-Race" type coverage aside, I submit to you that most of the major media outlets are supportive of our Federal government and its a...

Colleen,

"Horse-Race" type coverage aside, I submit to you that most of the major media outlets are supportive of our Federal government and its actions, and in like fashion are supportive of presidential candidates who will maintain the status quo if elected.
    (Then) Senator Obama spoke repeatedly of "Hope and Change" and was mainly given very positive coverage. Yet even many of his one-time supporters are now complaining that he has continued and expanded most of the Bush Administration's policies and activities. He has largely maintained the status quo. Many of us understand that Governor Romney, despite his any rhetoric to the contrary, will also maintain the status quo.

Regards,

Charles
  • Colleen Charles 2012/07/10 14:13:36
    Colleen
    Hi Charles,
    Everyone that threw that hat in was known..very well known, with the exception of two, who never even got on the radar even a ways into the debate. Most times I think people will go towards the moderate candidate rather than to the far right...hoping to get the Independent vote.
    Whether we like it or not...we do need that vote to win.
    They went with Obama in 2008..he won.
    They went with us in the Nov 2011 elections and we won.
    The south tends to go further right...but that is ONLY the south. It is a big country.
    Regards...
  • Charles Colleen 2012/07/13 15:08:22
    Charles
    Colleen,

You wrote "Most times I think people will go towards the moderate candidate rather than to the far right...hoping to get the Independent vote."

I completely agree with you here.

Regards,

Charles
  • jeri Schroeder 2012/06/20 11:12:11
    Mitt Romney
    jeri Schroeder
    +2
    The current administration is clueless. Obama cares for nothing but the sound of his own voice. He feels he is above politics but likes playing king. Get a clue folks. We've got a couple of justices who will no doubt retire if O is elected. How do you like the sound of Chief Justice Eric Holder?

2014/09/02 04:56:54