Who Do You Think Currently Has the Upper Hand in the 2012 Election?

Politics 2012/05/22 22:55:13
We know you want to make your opinion count -- especially during the time of a serious election. So, every week, SodaHead will host a handful of up-to-date polls having to do with the upcoming 2012 election.

Vote on this week's election questions below and make sure to come back every Tuesday to see how everyone voted -- and to receive a new batch of questions worth pondering. It's a great time to have an opinion. So, dive right in to our 2012 Election poll.

• Cuppajo 2012/05/22 22:57:13
    Mitt Romney
    Cuppajo
    +7
    Simply because he hasn't repeatedly lied to the American people and screwed us over for several trillion dollars.

• Bob 2012/05/23 20:33:56
  • Mike 2012/05/23 20:26:39 (edited)
    Mitt Romney
    +1
    Just looking at the polls, which I don't trust all that much, Romney is tied or a little ahead in them and obama should be miles ahead in the polls right now
  • Calm down! Mike 2012/05/25 02:02:43
    Calm down!
    I agree! The polls are so fake. It's 10 Democrats polling 1000 Democrats to get the poll results they want to see. It's a joke! Romney is probably really 30% higher in the polls in real life than what the polls are trying to make us believe.
  • mammy 2012/05/23 20:19:42
    Barack Obama
    mammy
    +1
    BHO and his cronies will cheat and do anything possible or impossible to win. I can only hope he does not succeed.
  • lucky 2012/05/23 20:12:08
    Barack Obama
    lucky
    +2
    We are doomed with Romney
  • dale 2012/05/23 20:11:38 (edited)
    Mitt Romney
    dale
    +2
    With the way Obama has screwed up the Country, I'd vote for. Mickey Mouse before I'd vote for Obama again.
  • red 2012/05/23 20:00:18
    Mitt Romney
    red
    +1
    Obama is a great speaker, but that's all. He has no record to stand on and always blaims someone else for his failures..A leader is supposed to lead and work with BOTH parties. America gave him a chance and failed miserabley. Its time for a "change" we can believe in, and he had his chance...
  • Mike red 2012/05/23 20:28:33
    +2
    I have to disagree with you on one point, obama does have a record to run on now, not like the last election. And it's a terrible record.
  • John T. 2012/05/23 19:46:26
    Barack Obama
    John T.
    +1
    Knowing what I know today I would vote for anyone other than Romney. He is completely out of touch with the realities of the people and problems facing the country today. He has NO interest in helping the people of this country.
  • Thinker John T. 2012/05/23 20:12:16
    Thinker
    +3
    If you don't think Mitt Romney helped the people of this country take a look at the pension plans of teachers, firefighters, and police. Bain capital is part of their investments. Then take a look at the Olympics. It was ready to collapse with dishonesty and fraud. Mitt Romney stepped in and rebuilt it. When he became Governor of Massachusets, the state was deeply in debt. When he left the budget was balanced. He also started Sports Authority and Staples.
  • John T. Thinker 2012/05/27 13:43:05
    John T.
    +1
    Woo pee. None ever said that he did not do some good at some time, especial when he had some benefit from it.
    Romney is First a Corporate Raider. He made his fortune, that he did not inherited, from buying companies with other people’s money, stripping them to the bones, selling the bones and leaving the community short a company that had provided the livelihood and community tax dollars. He risked nothing and killed off the livelihood of thousands of people and gave nothing of substance back to the community. So he rebuilt a stadium. So What. He took a huge tax break, provided a few short time jobs, maybe, and left the community with a monster that they could not afford to keep up in the first place. The average community Civic Center complexes loose on average $2M or more per year.
    If we do not provide industry, that is businesses that provide a sellable goods or services, we are in trouble. The Republican party as a whole, have fought every effort to rebuild the economy including destroying the health and education system of this country.
    So for Romney has managed to alienate and insult, woman’s health and protection by fighting to destroy health care programs and diluting the domestic Violence Act, including the ability of a woman to report and the precaution of rapist. He...
    So for Romney has managed to alienate and insult, woman’s health and protection by fighting to destroy health care programs and diluting the domestic Violence Act, including the ability of a woman to report and the precaution of rapist. He has demined all American workers by suggesting that every American can become a malty millionaire like he is. The average worker can barely afford to keep food on the table and a roof over their head. To make matters even worse the Republicans, especially the Teabaggers, want to eliminate ALL the Health, Education and Wage laws fought for and won in the past 100 years. Then there are the Senior Citizens. He and the Republican party want to cut Social Security benefits that were worked for over a lifetime. What they should be doing is repaying the Social Security system ALL the money, with interest, that they borrowed at a no interest I.O.U. . They want to kill Medicare. Their idea of Health Care is ”Get sick, Spend All your Money and Die”
    It is a good thing that the American people and the Democratic Party had the good since NOT to Privatize Social Security like the Republicans want to do. If we had, most all of Americans Senior Citizens would be living with their children or on the street.
  • Thinker John T. 2012/05/27 16:43:11
    Thinker
    If you're planning to write in a public forum, it would be great if you would use spellcheck and have someone check your grammar. Your opinions are not only ridiculous but rambling.
    What you said about Romney is not true so check your facts too.
    It's too difficult to try to make sense of your unfounded rantings so I don't plan to do it.
  • Builder Thinker 2012/07/02 11:51:51
    Builder
    Everything he said about Romney is true! So you go to the spellcheck crap. You are full of crap thinker. Whenever someone disagree with you people you run to some crap to protect yourself! Stop drinking the kool aid, learn how to spell, all irreverent to the points he made! Now watch, you will come back with I never said anything about kool aid!
  • Thinker Builder 2012/07/08 13:01:22
    Thinker
    Builder,
    80% of the companies Romney rescued were successful. That's a great achievement. Obama has now tripled our national debt in the 3 1/2 years he's been in office and his main claim to fame is passing the largest tax increase in history. Unemployment is higher now than when he took office and continues to rise. Gas prices are going up and I can barely afford to go to the grocery store. His "affordable" health care tax adds 1200 new employees to IRS at the very least and by some estimates as many as 16000. Our government is too large now and he is adding a huge number to it. In another four years under the amateur, our country will be in the same state as Greece. I know it sounds good to get all this "free" health care, but it's not free. Small businesses will stop hiring at 49 so they won't have to add the 2.00 per hour per employee to their bottom line. In 2008 Obama said if the unemployment rolls were not at 5.4% he shouldn't get a second term. Well, I agree with him.
    There, now you have the facts. Knowing these things, voting for this man should be impossible for any thinking voter.
    By the way, I think you meant irrelevant, although spending time reading his rambling seemed like an irreverent activity to me.
  • Cowboytx John T. 2012/08/13 17:50:45
    Cowboytx
    My God
    My hat is tipped to you. Most of the comments I read sound like a grade school drop out puking up the crap they swallow from the press. You on the other hand sound as if you actually think.
    You are right about Mitt. He is all about himself. He does not want you or the American people to think. Just vote the way a Republican party I am ashamed to admit being a part of once. Until they decided it was ok to ignore the people and focus on ousting
    a president who wanted to build our country back up.
    Mitt has picked a running mate who does not want your daughter or wife to have the right to abortion if they are raped by some insane criminal.
    If we get Romney we are in trouble. I am positive he will become a puppet of the Congress that has fought all attempts to right this countries problems. Because the dominant party failed to prevent the terrible condition we are in they will stop any attempt by another party to fix the problems. They forgot who spent the first bailout trillions. Mainly because they held NO ONE ACCOUNTABLE for that money.
    Obama made those receiving funds sign a note that they owed it back to the people.
    Mitt says let the business go bankrupt. That must include our crooked banks. A sure way to lock in a depression. But what difference does it make if our banks fai...

My God
    Mitt says let the business go bankrupt. That must include our crooked banks. A sure way to lock in a depression. But what difference does it make if our banks failed he keeps his money in banks outside the USA.
    Thanks for thinking! I wish the name calling children would stop and actually research facts instead of swallowing Hannity/Rush blather based on twisted words or many times lies.
    "It takes a lot longer to heal a broken bone than it does to break it."
    Bad choices, crooked business and politics put us here over several years.
    Expecting a President to fix it in less than 4 explains so many things about our Nations problems.
  • John T. Cowboytx 2012/08/19 13:02:12
    John T.
    To better understand what is going on behind the seen with the Republican Party, I suggest, you read, Walter Humphrey? http://www.provostumphrey.com...
    Walter Humphrey was one of FDR’s V.P. in the 1940’s.
    I do not believe that the Rank and file Republican knows down what path they are being lead. If they did, I think that they would stand up and strike back.
  • Builder Thinker 2012/07/02 11:44:53
    Builder
    Romney did nothing for Mass. He certainly didn't create jobs. He ran on that record in Mass. Some people in this state are still waiting on the jobs Mitt promised! I live in Mass.
  • Donna 2012/05/23 19:29:39
    Barack Obama
    Donna
    +1
    He had better win or the poor and middle class are doomed!
  • dale Donna 2012/05/23 23:10:01
    dale
    +2
    We are doomed if he does win. No jobs and more debt. Who is going topay for it....oh that's right...rich people.
  • frank95054 2012/05/23 19:06:59
    Mitt Romney
    frank95054
    +6
    Judge a man not by his words, but judge him by the company he keeps. The fact is Obama lies. He surrounds himself with Communist and American terrorists. He supports Hamas and the Muslim Brotherhood financially and militarily. He is the Arab spring. He violates our Constitution. Obama hates America. He is bankrupting us, attacking our moral base, and he is hollowing out our military. Also, he decimated NASA. Four more years? You got to be kidding! He is the divider. Four more years and we will have another revolution.
  • beedo frank95054 2012/05/24 01:16:34
    beedo
    You're really despicable!
  • Builder beedo 2012/07/02 11:52:53
    Builder
    He has a right to his opinion but I disagree with Frank. Which is also my right!
  • Chris 2012/05/23 19:01:09
    Barack Obama
    Chris
    +2
    Mitt Romney doesn't have a strong base. He speaks like a conservative; but his record indicates otherwise. Obama has been losing his base as well. However, he has the benefit of being the incumbent.
  • Thinker Chris 2012/05/23 20:14:40
    Thinker
    +2
    Do you really want another 4 years of this amateur to demolish our country?
  • none Thinker 2012/05/23 21:52:52
    +3
    better than 4 years of romney.
  • dale none 2012/05/23 23:50:49
    dale
    +3
    Better start using ur brain...you don't seem too realize that his debt is your debt. He'll want ur fair share too.
  • Thinker none 2012/05/25 18:43:03
    Thinker
    Girl, what do you want for your children? A free enterprise system where they can achieve limitless goals or a government run society where they'll be burdened with paying for all the freeloaders on the dole? Those are your choices. You'd better think this through carefully before you go cast your vote.
  • Builder Thinker 2012/07/02 11:53:41
    Builder
    God yes, I am not ready to see this country ran by corp.!
  • Ladd Chris 2012/05/24 04:45:37
    Ladd
    +1
    Chris. do you want Romney to speak like a liberal ? The incumbent is loosing his base because he speakes like a died in the wool liberal ! The pendulium of politicle balance is headed in the right direction just like system just moves just like it does in our great country ! Barack Hussein Obama has too many questionable issues & has spent to much ! So he's out !
  • Chris Ladd 2012/05/25 14:29:28
    Chris
    The pendulum of political balance is in the hands of the secretive Bilderberg group (who will be meeting in VA USA next week according to the leak)...and no longer with the people. The American people are still in the dark and need to wake up! Goldman Sachs was Obama's biggest donor. Goldman Sachs is Romney's biggest donor. THERE WILL BE NO CHANGE WITH ROMNEY! At least there is a chance Obama may get impeached because the issue of his birthplace will not go away since there is yet to be proof he was born here. I examined his "birth certificate" myself since I specialize in image and signal processing and am a software engineer by trait. It is a terribly done forgery.
  • irishgreg 2012/05/23 18:53:49
    Mitt Romney
    irishgreg
    +3
    The more you learn about Obama - read "The Amateur in the White House" the more you know he is an empty suit trying to pull the country down with him
  • none irishgreg 2012/05/23 21:53:51
    +1
    empty suit is more suitable to romney. he does not know how to relate to average people.
  • dale none 2012/05/24 00:20:54
    dale
    +1
    Obama is part of the Washington / political elite (n his mind). Who looks at you and I with contempt. Just peons who need smart people like him to tell us how to live our lives.
  • beedo dale 2012/05/24 01:19:00
    beedo
    When was the last time u thought about your own life?
  • weenyboy 2012/05/23 18:49:19
    Barack Obama
    weenyboy
    +2
    ....BUT ONLY if all the votes are counted! This could be 2000 all over again and in the very same place, Florida! The lowest rated Governor in the USA has already begun his "PURGE" of registered, mostly Hispanic voters in Florida! Aided by loyal Republican County Clerks who allegedly "oversee" our "fair elections" if the wrong person is leading, votes simply disappear as was the case in 2006 when Vern Buchanan was losing in the polls to Christine Jennings, a local popular Democrat. Almost 18,000 votes mysteriously "disappeared" and the Republican won by a few hundred votes! Welcome to Iraq.... oops, I mean Florida, "home of the fair election process".... silly me!
  • dale weenyboy 2012/05/23 19:29:04
    dale
    +3
    I think you might be right about the votes all being counted. Obama would stop at nothing and stealing the election would be in keeping with the dirty politics he learned so.well in Chicago.
  • weenyboy dale 2012/05/26 15:34:28
    weenyboy
    +1
    I can (and DID) sight examles of Republican stealing of elections.... and didn't even get into the stealing of the 2004 election in Ohio. You simply TALK ..... no Democrats have been charged with this type of thievery!
  • The_Machine 2012/05/23 18:44:36
    Mitt Romney
    The_Machine
    +1
    Obama is only screwing up more everyday!
  • harold 2012/05/23 18:40:13
    Mitt Romney
    harold
    +1
    do not understand how any U.S. citizen could vote for obama; how stupid & gullible can the public be? amazing, simply amazing.....
  • none harold 2012/05/23 21:55:20
    +1
    yes i can. how can anyone vote for a republican they are despicable. i used to be one. never again.

2014/08/27 09:16:20