Who Do You Think Currently Has the Upper Hand in the 2012 Election?

Politics 2012/05/22 22:55:13
We know you want to make your opinion count -- especially during the time of a serious election. So, every week, SodaHead will host a handful of up-to-date polls having to do with the upcoming 2012 election.

Vote on this week's election questions below and make sure to come back every Tuesday to see how everyone voted -- and to receive a new batch of questions worth pondering. It's a great time to have an opinion. So, dive right in to our 2012 Election poll.

• Cuppajo 2012/05/22 22:57:13
    Mitt Romney
    Cuppajo
    +7
    Simply because he hasn't repeatedly lied to the American people and screwed us over for several trillion dollars.

• TheRevDocG 2012/07/10 05:14:59
    Mitt Romney
    TheRevDocG
    +1
    I will be voting for the lesser of 2 evils so I will not be voting for comrade obozo. I did not spend 8 years in the military to see our great country turn into a socialist state. I would vote for charles manson before i would vote for comrade obama
  • Fredrick House 2012/07/04 20:39:14
    Barack Obama
    Fredrick House
    Obama has currently has a slight edge, counting the illegal alien vote, the deceased vote, the Usual Chicago hijinks, dumbass college kids and professors, Hollywood nitwits,Heterophobics, welfare recipients and, fatherless vote, and Jews who can't tell which side the bread is buttered on vote.
  • Builder 2012/06/30 03:58:16
    Barack Obama
    Builder
    Obama hasn't done anything to lose the job. Romney hasn't said how he will improve employment. All he has said is that he will veto the dream act, roll back regulation, veto the healthcare law and endorse the Ryan Plan. That isn't a good reason to vote for him. You would have to hate Obama to even consider voting for Mitt. I live in Mass. and he couldn't have gotten reelected here if he had a fist full of dollars to pass out to the people!
  • Annie~P... Builder 2012/07/01 02:06:18
    Annie~Pro American~Pro Israel
    You're right, Obama hasn't done anything for Americans.
  • TheRevDocG Builder 2012/07/10 05:10:22
    TheRevDocG
    +3
    you must need the obama care because you are blind, deaf and dumb
  • ray TheRevDocG 2012/07/10 05:28:04
    ray
    Actually, Obamacare will allow blind, deaf, and dumb people like him to die. Which in this case is not such a bad thing
  • TheRevDocG Builder 2012/08/21 14:09:34
    TheRevDocG
    AND YOU WERE SMOKING WHAT WHEN YOU WROTE THIS????
  • ray 2012/06/13 01:42:01
    Mitt Romney
    ray
    At least he's not spreading lies. He most likely won't do good, but he'll a hell of a lot better than Obama would. Obama could do better, but unfortunately his life goal is to make more money and ruin the U.S.
  • Jon Bergen 2012/06/07 10:44:44
    Barack Obama
    Jon Bergen
    +3
    So soon after 8 years of an entitled blue-blooded moron aristocrat of the Bush dynasty, I suppose makes me optimistic that America will recognize in Willard 'Mitt'/Bain Capital Romney the same old face of Dear Ole Dubya. The Bush, Jr., administration systematically looted the nation and initiated the practices that led to the subprime mortgage lending disaster which created this Depression.

Bush II ended 'our long national nightmare' of historic record prosperity under Clinton, leaving America ~ and Obama ~ the biggest mess to clean up since the Great Depression of the 1930s. I'm just surprised Junior and his neocons didn't leave the world in the middle of a third World War.

Oh, wait. The 'War on Terror' ~ the War on Iraq and Afghanistan. They DID sponsor another war in the name of American economic (oil) supremacy..

Well, America, go ahead. Prove me wrong. Prove you haven't learned from the disaster of the Bush Dynasty. Or. Prove you HAVE learned and let the rich kid find some other way to stroke his entitled, um, ego.
  • ray Jon Bergen 2012/06/13 01:35:18
    ray
    Bush didn't do that. Obama is ruining our country.
  • Jon Bergen ray 2012/06/15 19:54:51
    Jon Bergen

White House Philosophy Stoked Mortgage Bonfire by Jo Becker et al (New York Times)

The global financial system was teetering on the edge of collapse when President Bush and his economics team huddled in the Roosevelt Room of the White House for a briefing that scared the hell out of everybody.

Then his Treasury secretary told him that to stave off disaster, he would have to sign off on the biggest government bailout in history.

Mr. Bush paused for a single, stunned moment to take it all in.

“How,” he wondered aloud, “did we get here?”

But the story of how we got here is partly one of Mr. Bush’s own making, according to a review of his tenure that included interviews with dozens of current and former administration officials....
  • ray Jon Bergen 2012/06/15 19:58:35
    ray
    The Iraq war put us 500 billion dollars in debt and the war Afghanistan cost some money to. But we are over 5 trillion dollars in debt because of Obama. That's more than any president has spent. We were fine with Bush, there was no recession and no one was getting laid off. Now, it is the complete opposite.
  • Jon Bergen ray 2012/06/15 21:21:03
    Jon Bergen
    +1
    Earlier in this thread (just above) you posted 'Bush didn't do that.' My latest post back to you says, in effect, 'Yes, he did.'

High-interest loans were given to high-risk borrowers in order to line the pockets of Merrill-Lynch, Citigroup, Lehman Brothers, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, Bear Stearns, Morgan Stanley, Countywide, New Century, Option One, Washington Mutual, etc. This also pumped up the housing market and prevented the unsteady Bush economy from collapsing in upon itself. But it could only last so long. When too many of those loans went unrepaid, we were told we had to bail out the lenders. The economy, already faltering, spiraled downward, and brought about our current 'soft' Depression.

What is described above is the subprime lending financial crisis which precipitated the global financial meltdown that pushed banks and economies all over the world right to the brink, forcing bailouts and tax-payer funded rescues in countries everywhere, not just here in the US.

The article above describes how Bush policies brought about this crisis.
  • ray Jon Bergen 2012/06/16 01:27:53
    ray
    +1
    Bush only started this crisis right before he got out of office. But it wasn't much of a crisis then, it could have easily been dealt with. I don't really care who started it. The point is Obama is continuing it and only making it worse.
  • Builder Jon Bergen 2012/07/02 11:18:50
    Builder
    +1
    God! Thank you I have been looking for this for a while now. I keep telling people it was Bush who was telling people especially Blacks that they should own something to feel more a part of this great country.
  • Jon Bergen Builder 2012/12/10 18:19:59
    Jon Bergen
    Very belated response, but, yes, you are welcome, and, yes, you are right that Bush used the subprime lending scheme to pump up bank profits on more mortgages signed (and then all the securities derived from those) while also aiming to pump up goodwill for himself among blacks and Hispanics. Pretty clever: exploit the minorities AND fatten the wallets of the Good Ole Boys.

And, then, just as you are getting out of office, send those same minorities ~ and the Democrats, of course ~ the bill. Very nasty and dirty (i.e., very true to Bush, and the neocons), but also a very slick play.

Would have to say, though, that in the long-run it looks to have backfired: First black President of the United States (not something Republicans were aiming for, obviously) also a Democrat and RE-ELECTED during a DEPRESSION while Republicans LOSE SEATS in both houses of government and leave a Democrat in the White House to appoint new justices to the Supreme Court when some of the current members step down.

Not what the Bushes and neocons wanted...AT ALL! :-D

house appoint justices supreme court current members step bushes neocons

• Builder Jon Bergen 2012/07/02 11:16:23
    Builder
    +1
    It's sad that they can't see that Romney is going to take the same path Bush did. Give the wealthy tax breaks and hope that they will create jobs!
  • ray Builder 2012/07/10 05:25:16 (edited)
    ray
    It is sad that you cannot see Obama will do worse than Bush.
  • Jon Bergen Builder 2012/12/10 18:29:47
    Jon Bergen
    Maybe this will make you feel better? ;-)

feel

feel

feel

feel
  • TheRevDocG Jon Bergen 2012/07/10 05:08:17
    TheRevDocG
    +1
    if you like socialism so much....go live in europe
  • Jon Bergen TheRevDocG 2012/12/10 18:24:46
    Jon Bergen
    No, social services, programs and safety nets in Europe are being dismantled by the bankers as we speak. The euro and the central bank in Frankfurt will end socialism in Europe, and then they will be just like the United States.

Want proof? Look at Greece and Spain. Ireland is doing better, but is also on the ropes. When these nations can't keep up economically, they must accept loans to keep playing, to stay in the euro game. The terms of those loans involve 'restructuring' and austerity measures which pare back or eliminate the very socialism you despise.

Socialism, per the orders of the bankers, is being dispensed with in Europe. You can jump up and down now and shout from the rooftops: 'Suck on it, 99% ~ the bankers won!'

And it is a good day for rich aristo-a-holes everywhere.
  • Frank 2012/06/06 04:50:21
    Mitt Romney
    Frank
    Guess the majority approves of the looting of America......
  • TheRevDocG Frank 2012/07/10 05:19:01
  • Roy 2012/06/03 20:21:50
    Barack Obama
    Roy
    +2
    Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, Rockefeller, Rothschild and the other top 1% of the wealthiest individuals in this Corporate Military Industrial Prison System.

So basically; NONE OF THE ABOVE(but I had to pick the puppet with the higher IQ).
  • TheRevDocG Roy 2012/07/10 05:06:47
    TheRevDocG
    +1
    all hail comrade obama
  • voice_matters 2012/06/02 19:38:55
    Barack Obama
    voice_matters
    he is the one already in the white house
  • ray voice_m... 2012/06/13 01:35:35
    ray
    Who I hope will get out.
  • voice_m... ray 2012/06/13 02:39:53
    voice_matters
    +1
    too bad there is no reason to think he will not win in november
  • ray ray 2012/06/13 04:04:31
    ray
    This is for voice_m. There is A LOT of reasons he won't win. The only reason he'll might win is because he has unlimited money.
  • Pat 2012/06/02 14:06:21
    Barack Obama
    +2
    Obama,because he is the incumbent and has 4 years of experience that rommey doesn't have. He needs 4 more years to began to restore the U. S. economy. The healthcare package needs to be ironed out and we need an individual mandate. He has saved the banks (if they had gone down we would have been in a depression), What's wrong with you people, you are taking America down a road it will not return from.
  • TheRevDocG Pat 2012/07/10 05:01:28
    TheRevDocG
    +3
    most of us don't like socialist pigs. I'd vote for charles manson before obama. I don't want my healthcare reduced. I don't want to pay higher taxes. I don't like liars and I don't like thieves so I don't like obozo.
  • Pat TheRevDocG 2012/07/25 20:48:45
    That is the worst reply I have ever heard. Is that something you heard someone else say? Do you get medicare Rev? If you do I bet you wouldn't give it back!!! That's one of those socialist programs you're talking about. Everyone needs some kind of healthcare. I am tried of paying for other people to go to the doctor or hospital. Do I pay for you to go to the doctor, Rev? If so, get some health insurance!!! I don't mind paying higher taxes for a worthy cause and healthcare is a worthy cause. Everyone gets sick!!! You don't know what you're talking about, but everyone is entitled to an opinion no matter how stupid it is.
  • Jibbyman 2012/06/02 04:42:56
    Mitt Romney
    Jibbyman
    +1
    I'd vote for a soup can over ODUMBO.
  • Larry M 2012/06/01 03:50:26
    Mitt Romney
    Larry M
    +1
    We are at a cross roads, go back to what made America what we are or head down the road to join Greece and Italy.
  • Jibbyman Larry M 2012/06/02 13:08:00
    Jibbyman
    We are ther already, the government and media are not telling us the truth.
  • boiyaza 2012/05/30 16:28:57
    Barack Obama
    boiyaza
    +1
    Leslie knope 2012 leslie knope
  • titan 2012/05/30 14:39:27
    Barack Obama
    titan
    +2
    President Barack Obama is the best choice but far better than a racist tea party and Donald Trump but boy pawn, Mitt Romney.
  • dale titan 2012/05/30 19:22:33 (edited)
    dale
    +1
    Obama is the most racist politican I've ever seen. Only the Rev. Al and J.J. Have him beat, but I think he is just holding back because he is getting to play president for now. Barack is a national disgrace and disaster all rolled into one.
  • ray dale 2012/06/13 01:36:13
    ray
    100% true.
  • Jibbyman titan 2012/06/02 13:08:39
    Jibbyman
    WHAAAAA!!!!!!!

2014/12/19 10:09:04