White House 'Disappointed' L.A. Times Published Photos 'Two Years After the Incident': Are you disappointed by LA Times?

Fef 2012/04/18 18:20:25
White House spokesman Jay Carney reacted to the publication of photos in the Los Angeles Times of U.S. soldiers posing with corpses in Afghanistan by saying the Obama administration is "disappointed.. [with] the decision to publish two years after the incident," according to a pool report.Read conservative news, blogs and opinion about Afghanistan, Corpses, Los Angeles Times, Photos, Press and Taliban from The Weekly Standard, the must read magazine available in online edition.
la times afghanistan photos corpses

Read More: http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/wh-disappointe...

• mac9 2012/04/20 14:47:08
    Appreciate Publishing Photos
    mac9
    No more covering for the incompetence and lack of respect that this POTUS has created in all government agencies as well as among citizens. Obama must go in 2012!
  • bettyboop 2012/04/20 12:15:47
    Disappointed by LAT Publishing Photos
    bettyboop
    I am disappointed in the white house, the president, all of congress and all of the media so there. As for showing those photos.......please, those bastards were trying to kill american's and many probably have. Get over it Obama and start packing.....your moving day is drawing near!
  • MOMMA THOMAS 2012/04/20 03:55:14
    Disappointed by LAT Publishing Photos
    MOMMA THOMAS
    DISAPPOINTED WITH SOLDIERS THINKING CORPSES MAKE FOR GOOD PHOTO OPS, AND L.A. TIMES MAKING LIFE MORE DANGEROUS FOR OUR SOLDIERS...
  • Boris D. 2012/04/20 01:31:47
    Appreciate Publishing Photos
    Boris D.
    Neither...
    The Obama Whitehouse has condemned the LA Times for publishing these.

But, if you remember, Barack approved the public release of up to 2000 pictures of the Abu Ghraib soldiers, until he flip flopped due to public backlash against his decision.

Why did he do that? Well, when Abu Ghraib happened, Bush got all of the blame, and Barack wanted to pile on after the fact. But now that Barack is in power, nothing bad is ever his fault, you see.
  • Zammo 2012/04/19 20:06:28
    Appreciate Publishing Photos
    Zammo
    None of the above. I don't really care. It is long past time we got out of that hellhole. That's what I care about.
  • Claybern 2012/04/19 18:12:44
    Appreciate Publishing Photos
    Claybern
    This country has freedom of the press (for now). However, this will put our troops in a more dangerous position.
  • Cookielane 2012/04/19 17:35:19
    Disappointed by LAT Publishing Photos
    Cookielane
    And disappointed in the morons taking such a picture. This is war, gentlemen - not a crap shoot! Try not to look like you're enjoying yourselves!
  • PrettieReptar 2012/04/19 16:01:54
    Disappointed by LAT Publishing Photos
    PrettieReptar
    I don't see what good can come of this. But these kinds of articles have been coming out quite a bit since Obama has been office and I think its intentional.
  • Eccles 2012/04/19 10:41:03
    Disappointed by LAT Publishing Photos
    Eccles
    But don't give a damn how they handle a suicide bombers cadaver. Should be handled like any other garbage. They have lost the privilege of being considered human, their acts are abhorrent to any decent human being.
  • 2sly 2012/04/19 09:09:47
    Disappointed by LAT Publishing Photos
    2sly
    +1
    They should have been pissing on the scum.
  • P. Sturm 2012/04/19 06:40:19
    Disappointed by LAT Publishing Photos
    P. Sturm
    Go for the sensational, regardless of how many kids you get killed. The saddest part is that ones in the picture aren't there anymore to pay the price for the LA Times sensationalism. It's going to be innocent ones.
  • Mark In Irvine 2012/04/19 03:47:29
    Appreciate Publishing Photos
    Mark In Irvine
    +2
    the body parts were from a suicide bomber ... any islamic nut-job who gets upset about publication of photos of what's left of a suicide bomber should spread the word that it is (past) time for people to stop blowing themselves up ... our active military people are under a lot of stress ... if they want to make fun of some jackass who decided to blow himself up, it's AOK with me ...

the troops are already in harm's way ... if the troops don't want anybody to know that they're making fun of some jackass who blew himself up, they shouldn't take pictures of it ... i suspect that the troops don't give a damn about the photos being published - they are trying to make light of a horrible situation ... i don't think that this is going to subject our military people to MORE danger ... psychotic lunatics who will blow themselves up are already way too unpredictable and dangerous
  • historian Mark In... 2012/04/19 06:09:56
    historian
    Photo ops with dismembered human corpses and sporting pieces of a cadaver like a hunting trophy isn't exactly sane and acceptable behavior. I would imagine someone dying to evict a foreign invader from American soil wouldn't be called a psychotic lunatic by the same people labeling Afghanis, Iraqis, etc as such. Until people step back and take a good look at the whole picture, this world war will never stop.
  • Mark In... historian 2012/04/19 15:42:25
    Mark In Irvine
    +1
    war isn't exactly sane, acceptable behavior either ... our troops are living in hell ... $h!t happens
  • DebraJMSmith 2012/04/19 03:29:20
    Disappointed by LAT Publishing Photos
    DebraJMSmith
    +1
    I guess it wasn't really about the news.
  • Kat ♪ ~BTO-t-BCRA-F~ ♪ 2012/04/19 02:34:54
    Disappointed by LAT Publishing Photos
    Kat ♪ ~BTO-t-BCRA-F~ ♪
    How did the administration keep a lid on this for 2 years.
    Do they have a statute of limitations on truth in the media now.
    Same stuff Obama got down on Bush and the military for doing when he was campaigning the first time, I guess that explains why it was kept under wraps,
    he can't handle criticism about his being a hypocrite.
  • jgh57 2012/04/19 02:29:12
    Disappointed by LAT Publishing Photos
    jgh57
    +1
    These are soldiers not Saints. If we would just let them be soldiers and get the hell out of the way they could have been home long ago.
  • Jack 2012/04/19 01:18:13
    Disappointed by LAT Publishing Photos
    Jack
    +1
    War is hell but papers publish pictures for profit under the guise of information.
  • clasact 2012/04/19 00:35:03
    Disappointed by LAT Publishing Photos
    clasact
    +1
    Im not disappointed they published them just that they did it two years later,thats some piss poor reporting.I kind of like my news when it happens not two years after
  • donald 2012/04/19 00:01:33
    Disappointed by LAT Publishing Photos
    donald
    +2
    I'm disappointed when the La times gives more coverage to the dodgers than the angels. I'm disappointed that some people don't know were at war in Afghanistan.
    Disappointed by LAT Publishing Photos
    +2
    Its just fine and dandy for them to behead Americans, and hold it for photo ops isn't LA Times you trouble making idiots
  • EmoMcParland 2012/04/18 23:35:02
    Disappointed by LAT Publishing Photos
    EmoMcParland
    +4
    We are at War! Some of us watched this every night on television; during the Viet Nam era. What do people think Our Service Men are doing. We are killing Insurgents. war watched television viet nam era people service killing insurgents
  • ETpro 2012/04/18 22:38:04
    Disappointed by LAT Publishing Photos
    ETpro
    +3
    Yes, Thanks be my son is back from his last deployment to Kabul, but this sort of stuff just inflames passions and puts out soldiers' lives at risk. It's history now. They should have known better than publishing these photos.
  • cddjmikey 2012/04/18 22:36:16
    Disappointed by LAT Publishing Photos
    cddjmikey
    +3
    Just as things start winding down after the alleged massacre they publish these pictures stirring it up again. But it wasn't planned, of course not !
  • Kat ♪ ~... cddjmikey 2012/04/19 02:38:18
    Kat ♪ ~BTO-t-BCRA-F~ ♪
    Yeah, just like every time the racial furor dies down here somebody comes up with something new to stir the pot again, no not planned.
    Just happens to happen every time in the war(s) and the race relations.
  • mich52 2012/04/18 22:04:48
  • redhorse29 2012/04/18 21:56:04
    Disappointed by LAT Publishing Photos
    redhorse29
    +2
    This is Obama's Good War. Remember him saying that? This is what he has brought our nation to. Well done Barry. The million deaths that will occur on our leaving Afghanistan will be yours to enjoy.
  • Murph 2012/04/18 21:53:06
    Appreciate Publishing Photos
    Murph
    +1
    Probably the only people who care are liberals, but the pictures should have been published when they got them. I don't really care one way or the other, but this may work out for Republicans because Obaa's base will be swooning all over the place because their supposed peacenik pres lied to them about ending troops over there.
  • historian 2012/04/18 20:54:05
    Appreciate Publishing Photos
    historian
    +2
    I don't know what their motivations are, but I think the average American needs a wake up call on the full spectrum of U.S. activities in these countries the corporate troops are destroying. Is it typical of most soldiers? I don't know, but it is happening, and I think we should figure this truth into what seems to be a simple view of warfare and conquest. If the military attacks a village and "kills a top terrorist", is that news story fully accurate without mentioning the thousand men, women, and children also snuffed out in the attack? No. Get the full picture and maybe people won't be so quick to proclaim their support for yet another war to protect and advance globalist goals and interests.
  • Mike historian 2012/04/18 23:53:39
  • Rebel Yell 2012/04/18 20:29:30
    Disappointed by LAT Publishing Photos
    Rebel Yell
    +3
    Just because cavemen in the Third World countries behave like the barbarians they are, there is no reason for our military to do the same. Yes, many of these men have been deployed three and four times to that gawdawful hellhole. They have seen.. and done... in war what most of us cannot even fathom.

The LAT knows good and well that it doesn't take much to put servicemen and women still over there in great danger when they publish photos such as these. Someone's head needs to roll... and I don't mean that literally. Yes, this is very disappointing.
  • Callaway 2012/04/18 20:28:00 (edited)
    Appreciate Publishing Photos
    Callaway
    +4
    Why suddenly is this WH be disappointed at anything the LA Times does since it's been a media hand puppet for them for years? News flash some times you take the good with the bad even the best lap dog will bite every now and then..
  • BILL 2012/04/18 20:21:33
    Disappointed by LAT Publishing Photos
    BILL
    +6
    Well what go's around come's around, I guess it is ok for the Afghans to do this
    [...]
  • Demonic... BILL 2012/04/18 20:27:30 (edited)
    Demonic Rat Hunter
    +3
    It is to the liberals who hate the military and America,
  • Kat ♪ ~... Demonic... 2012/04/19 02:40:17
    Kat ♪ ~BTO-t-BCRA-F~ ♪
    +2
    They are the ones in charge of the media and the military.
  • BILL Demonic... 2012/04/19 23:46:08
    BILL
    What are you talking about, I have nothing but total respect for the American Military, and I Love America
  • Demonic... BILL 2012/04/20 00:18:47
    Demonic Rat Hunter
    You had the pic there when I wrote that and was inferring that the libs etc are OK with the muzzies doing that to our troops and westeners.
  • sherdon2 2012/04/18 19:55:52
    Disappointed by LAT Publishing Photos
    sherdon2
    +4
    Little behind on the news ,aren't they. Too much too late !!!
  • frank 2012/04/18 19:25:25
    Disappointed by LAT Publishing Photos
    frank
    +7
    Let me get this straight, a suicide bomber blows himself up trying to kill American soldiers and the LA Times is OK with that. Our troops standing there with the damaged goods In their hands make front page news. What is wrong with The LA times, they are a piece of S*** and should try getting back to reporting the news, someone should tell them War is Hell.
  • Someone... frank 2012/04/18 19:54:33
    Someone Else
    +4
    Your talking about California, California man I think you just answered your own question

2014/09/01 23:37:29