White House Confirms Obama Wants To Ban Guns

JT For Political Reform 2012/08/08 11:04:00
During the White House Press Conference on Monday, not only did Press Secretary Jay Carney put distance from Harry Reid’s comments
concerning Mitt Romney’s failure to pay taxes for ten years, yet not
disavow the remarks, but he also affirmed the fact that Barack Obama is
also out to ban guns, something we’ve known all along. He affirmed
Obama’s position to re-institute the assault weapons ban that expired in
2004.

Of course I warned about such calls for more gun control on Monday.

When asked whether Obama supported renewing the 1994-2004 federal ban of semi-automatic weapons for civilians, Carney responded,

“He does support renewing the assault weapons ban,” and
he added that “there has been reluctance by Congress to pass that
renewal.”

I will interject to say there is good reason that Congress doesn’t
act. Banning supposed “assault weapons” does nothing to stop criminals
from acquiring them. The Obama administration should know this best
seeing that they delivered some 2,500 semi-automatic weapons into the
hands of Mexican drug cartels, which were responsible for at least two
U.S. federal agent deaths and the deaths of hundreds of Mexicans. As
I’ve said before we need more politician control legislation rather than
gun control legislation.

While Carney said that the administration intends to push for gun
safety “under existing law” and “not infringe upon Second Amendment
rights of citizens” the fact is that is the exact opposite of what such
measures do. The issue is not “gun safety.” That is merely the
marketing of the Obama administration. Gun safety is what an individual
does, not what government does. The Obama administration is not
interested in gun safety. They are interested in gun banning.

Understand something here. The call for the ban of semi-automatic
weapons is a call for most modern guns on the market. According to Reuters, the shooter at the Sikh temple was using a simple Springfield 9mm semiautomatic handgun.

Read More: http://freedomoutpost.com/2012/08/white-house-conf...

• Professor Wizard 2012/08/09 15:41:26
    Professor Wizard
    +1
    DUH!

He is a Democrat - - and a fairly staunch one... so that stands to reason.
    He cannot just annpunce it all as if it were something else, but it must be done asa dull blown Constitutional item or it will be a bone of contntion
  • santa6642 2012/08/08 20:38:36
    santa6642
    +2
    lets bam the obamanation instead.
  • JT For ... santa6642 2012/08/08 20:40:33
    JT For Political Reform
    I'm going to do my part in November.
    +1
    There was never a doubt in my mind about this one.
  • JT For ... none 2012/08/08 19:46:09
    JT For Political Reform
    +1
    Nor mine.
  • ComeOnNow 2012/08/08 16:44:54
    ComeOnNow
    +1
    Haven't all socialist dictators throughout history? When they go from passing laws that force themselves into every aspect of your lives to having the police and military force you to do it with the threat of death, they can't have you defending yourself
    +1
    Big News........... either we do something or we learn to make accurate "sling shots".... Rememebr Daivd practiced a lot on LIONS before he took out Goliath
  • dispatcher 2012/08/08 15:12:08
    dispatcher
    +3
    the 2ND AMENDMENT, written for our protection & one he will never take away no matter what. 2nd amendment
  • JT For ... dispatcher 2012/08/08 19:48:36
    JT For Political Reform
    I hope you're right.
  • ALofRI 2012/08/08 15:02:57
    ALofRI
    NO! Obama has passed TWO gun laws since he has been in office. BOTH were LESS restrictive on guns! NO PRESIDENT will ban guns. It WILL, if it comes to that, be the PEOPLE themselves that will INSIST the President....AND Congress, ban guns. If we continue to spread hatred AND/OR radical agendas, WE WILL LOSE OUR GUNS! Time to grow up. Time to work together again. Time to become the "UNITED" States of America....or pay.
  • JT For ... ALofRI 2012/08/08 19:49:47
    JT For Political Reform
    That's what they said in 1930's Germany. Then the jackboots came banging on doors to those people who had registered weapons.
  • BifDaddy 2012/08/08 14:59:17 (edited)
    BifDaddy
    +1
    Guns in America.

Large sodas in NYC.

It will never stop once it begins.
  • cowboy 2012/08/08 14:20:17
    cowboy
    +3
    I wish they would just ban gun ownership for liberals. That is what most criminals are anyway. Leave the rest of us alone to deal with liberals/criminals who get their guns illegaly.
  • stormy rae 2012/08/08 14:10:02
    stormy rae
    +2
    Dont Forget your Congress is out on recess for this month, so if you want to protect the remaining remnants of our Constitution, I suggest you pay close attention to the Executive Orders because he passes things like NDAA with Congress consent, imagine what he will write into effect with no body there to challenge it! Just saying this guy needs constant surveillance. Or there definitely will be an EO written nullifying the elections.
  • JT For ... stormy rae 2012/08/08 19:50:36
    JT For Political Reform
    Damn good point.
  • Tasine 2012/08/08 13:55:36
    Tasine
    +4
    Not only is Obama a control freak extraordinaire, a fraud, and an idiot, he is not American, at least in the sense of understanding our nation - no person who loves peace and freedom is going to willingly give up the weapon that may save his life.
  • mich52 2012/08/08 13:54:53 (edited)
  • whitewu... mich52 2012/08/08 14:03:45
  • whitewulf--the unruly mobster 2012/08/08 13:42:54
  • JT For ... whitewu... 2012/08/08 13:45:46
    JT For Political Reform
    +5
    Great examples of failure.
  • mich52 JT For ... 2012/08/08 13:56:54
  • Schläue~© 2012/08/08 13:18:24
    Schläue~©
    +4
    This is something he wont touch before November but be ready for an Executive Order that is written to be enforced immediately in the first days of the lame duck session.
  • angelbaby Schläue~© 2012/08/08 13:23:10
    angelbaby
    +5
    We can count on it if he gets another term!
  • Schläue~© angelbaby 2012/08/08 13:29:18
    Schläue~©
    +4
    In Bizzarro world perhaps, but I don't see any possible way that will happen.

Even in the most corrupt election that we have ever known, (providing he's even on the ballots) if they somehow pull it off, he will NOT survive until Inauguration day 2013.

Nobody has made a serious attempt on him yet, but you can guarantee it would be a set up from the inside, a calculated breakdown in security allowing it to happen.
  • angelbaby Schläue~© 2012/08/08 15:02:38
    angelbaby
    +1
    I believe you .. I really don't see it happening either!
  • john Kills Schläue~© 2012/08/08 13:53:21
    john Kills
    +1
    He might just impose a ban to get the people to protest or rise up so he can impose martial law, suspend the elections, use homeland security and UN troops to unarm the American people. I can only speak for myself but I will kill as many as I can before they take me down or get my guns. Local police, atf, tsa, fbi, cia, blue hats, don't matter who they send, if they come after my guns I will fight with all my might, 100 percent and then some, I will set an example for my fellow citizens to emulate. Sua Sponte'
  • mich52 john Kills 2012/08/08 13:58:13
  • Schläue~© john Kills 2012/08/08 14:18:46
    Schläue~©
    If he even tries anything of the sort, 90% of those enlisted would simply go AWOL in protest citing their oath not to obey an unlawful order. The ONLY way the 2nd amendment can be altered is by Congressional passage and ratification by 3/4 of the states.
    Homeland security would be heavily outnumbered and calling in the U.N. would be the beginning of a Revolutionary war.
  • john Kills Schläue~© 2012/08/08 16:13:00
    john Kills
    I don't think that many in the military would walk off. The youth in the military are taught to follow orders, don't have a good knowledge of the constitution, have already been trained for and told thst they might have to fight the people to regain order. They government doesn't fear an uprising, they have been setting up road blocks, using TSA, and making trial runs against the people all around the US and the people have yet to fight back. The government is feeling very brave right now because the people haven't given them any reason to fear them.
  • Schläue~© john Kills 2012/08/08 16:16:59
    Schläue~©
    I'm not sure which military you're talking about but there are plenty of NCO's, Staff NCO's and Officers who know the Constitution very well.

All enlisted personnel also have access to the Internet and the mainstream media and are fully aware of what is being discussed in America.
  • john Kills Schläue~© 2012/08/08 19:23:33
    john Kills
    Your talking about the same military that has been and is giving state, sheriff, local police classes in land navigation, room clearing, crowd control, sniper training. I know how the military works and I know how the public education system works. There are a few oathkeepers around but for the most part the military will do as they are told. We've already seen them do it. We've also seen them ignore the patriot act, NDAA, spy drones, the killing of US citizens. Don't tell me about the military. 1st/75th/24th. Been there myself.
  • Schläue~© john Kills 2012/08/08 19:45:27
    Schläue~©
    Our military has been working with local LEO's on terrorist intervention techniques and training for decades. I know, I was one of the instructors.
    Our detachment traveled to New Orleans during two separate Mardi Gras celebrations to aid the NOPD with crowd control
    This is nothing new.
    What does the Patriot Act, NDAA or drones have to do with 99% of our military?
    Those are special operations carried out by the CIA, which is loosely tied to the DOD.
    Outside of ONE treasonous terrorist traitor that was turned into ALPO, what U.S. citizens are being killed? Who has been placed in indefinite detention under the 2012 NDAA? How does the Patriot Act affect the job description of our Armed Services?
  • john Kills Schläue~© 2012/08/08 19:51:10
    john Kills
    +1
    Just know that there are far more prior military than active. Good day.
  • JT For ... john Kills 2012/08/08 19:53:27
    JT For Political Reform
    +1
    Exactly. ;-)
  • Schläue~© john Kills 2012/08/08 19:58:58
    Schläue~©
    I'm well aware of that and MOST of them have enough wits about them to know when the time has come and don't follow the Alex Jones, Jessie Ventura, Ron Paul delusions of tin foil BS.
  • CCRNRT 2012/08/08 13:14:56
    CCRNRT
    +6
    He can have my guns when he rips them from my cold dead hands
  • Kat ♪ ~... CCRNRT 2012/08/08 13:48:28
    Kat ♪ ~BTO-t-BCRA-F~ ♪
    +2
    Mine too baby...
  • angelbaby 2012/08/08 13:12:16
    angelbaby
    +7
    I dare him to try it .. He needs to understand what our duty to that decision would be.
  • Schläue~© angelbaby 2012/08/08 13:16:16
    Schläue~©
    +6
    I like that,.... our 'duty'.

2014/10/31 13:38:41