Which U.S. Agency would you CUT??!!

BlueRepublican 2012/05/01 20:28:23
Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
(EPA) Environmental Protection Agency
U.S. Customs & Border Patrol
Dept of Homeland Security(DHS) and TSA
DEA (Drug Enforcement Agency)
Department of Education
HUD (Housing and Urban Development)
Another agency or department, please comment
Americans overwhelmingly agree that we need to take fiscal action ASAP!! We cannot continue the deficit spending, unbalanced budgets and TRILLIONS of DEBT!

Recently, there has been an uproar regarding Paul Ryan's budget proposal because of austerity measures affecting entitlement and military spending.

Conservatives serious about change have proposed reducing the size of the bloated Federal government beaurocracy by cutting useless agencies and transferring those responsibilities to others more efficient and better funded.

Here's my list of a few and why...

Border Patrol- Why have our military patrol borders in Pakistan and Korea when they can patrol Canada and Mexico?

Department of Homeland Security and TSA- If our military can fight terrorism and respond to natural disasters overseas, why pay an extra 100 BILLION annually to have these guys do it?

DEA (Drug Enforcement Agency)- The DEA is AAA baseball. If you really want to end the "Drug War" bench them and put in Major League players like CIA, NSA or FBI.

Department of Education- Why not just give block grants to the states and let THEM handle education?

EPA (Environmental Protection Agency)- Can states handle their own backyards or do they need Big Brother's approval for every little thing?

IRS (Internal Revenue Service)- This one speaks for itself. Reform the tax code and brackets and even H&R; Block could do their job!!

HUD (Housing and Urban Development)- Because we're still upset about the housing bubble, Fannie/Freddie and the TARP fiasco!

Got another useless beaurocratic agency or department you'd like to cut, sound off!!

Which U.S. Agency would you CUT??!!

Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
    +10
    Actually, ALL OF THE ABOVE. But the IRS first.

JOHN GALT: Start by abolishing all income taxes.

MR. THOMPSON: But that's...that's not the field of production! That's the field of distribution! How do we pay government employees.

JOHN GALT: Fire your government employees.

• Striker 2012/05/07 22:18:18
    Striker
    where is "ALL of the above?"
  • BlueRep... Striker 2012/05/07 22:30:31
    BlueRepublican
    That would be a bit Draconian. We're still trying to get people to wake up.
  • Striker BlueRep... 2012/05/07 22:36:43 (edited)
    Striker
    Since most people never wake, Draconian is urgently needed. The hourglass has nearly run out of sand.
    http://no-ruler.net/2087/u-s-...
  • wale63 2012/05/07 19:21:37
    wale63
    IRS,
    Homeland Security
    HUD
    EPA
    DOE
    for starters
  • Not-A-RINO 2012/05/07 12:20:42
    Not-A-RINO
    I would eliminate the Department of Energy, the Department of Education, rein in and greatly reduce the EPA, stop all politically correct rulings and allow profiling at airports and run the TSA like Israel's security, require any social services be given to American citizens and legal resident aliens only, I would put a lifetime limit of social services to four years with exceptions limited to case-by-case basis; I would require a 15% across the board cut in all other departments except the military, eliminate base line budgeting where increases are automatic year after year, rescind JFK's executive order allowing federal employee unions (even a big government guy like Rooseveldt was against public sector unions), offer "profit sharing" to reward managers and employees who save taxpayer money (military included), I would set up a commission to eliminate all programs which are not the purview of the federal government (such as studying the effects of alcohol consumption on Chinese prostitutes), I would audit the Federal Reserve System, pass Line Item Veto and a Balanced Budget Amendment. Basically, this is not a slash and burn program, but rather a way of making federal employees and their departments good stewards of taxpayer money and to force them to live within their means.
  • BlueRep... Not-A-RINO 2012/05/07 15:32:58
    BlueRepublican
    +1
    Damn, that is one of the best plans I've heard yet! I especially like the profit-sharing aspect. I only disagree with the military spending. I think there's waste that can be cut there too.
  • Not-A-RINO BlueRep... 2012/05/07 16:27:56
    Not-A-RINO
    +1
    I would look for cuts in military spending and waste, but very carefully. If we don't have a strong defense, then everything else is moot.

Thanks for your supportive comments. We just need to elect people who will put this plan into effect without holding a wet finger to the political winds.
  • BlueRep... Not-A-RINO 2012/05/07 16:46:04
    BlueRepublican
    +1
    Hey, I just posted about spending cuts and I'd like to know your opinion about it. Check out the link below....
  • seadog6608PWCM 2012/05/04 01:54:24 (edited)
  • Dan (Politicaly Incorrect) 2012/05/04 01:42:25
    (EPA) Environmental Protection Agency
    Dan (Politicaly Incorrect)
    +1
    The EPA with the IRS a close second.
  • Gregaj7 2012/05/04 00:20:12
    +1
    More to my point is which agency WOULDN'T I cut, or eliminate!!
  • Beccy 2012/05/04 00:17:01
    Dept of Homeland Security(DHS) and TSA
    +1
    First thing I would do is get rid of the Federal reserve. Change the IRS, cut back Homeland security and make drugs level and spend the money on treatment. The CIA will continue to bring drugs in but we might as well get another tax base.
  • JP 2012/05/03 20:10:51
    JP
    US Defence Force, by 80%
  • seadog6... JP 2012/05/04 02:04:03
  • Chief 2012/05/03 19:09:50
    Dept of Homeland Security(DHS) and TSA
    Chief
    Cut them all but we would still be in deficit spending!
  • Mike 2012/05/03 18:42:55 (edited)
    Department of Education
    DOE HUD IRS ( Flat tax ) - Greatly downsize the EPA
  • PrettieReptar 2012/05/03 17:01:19
    Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
    PrettieReptar
    +1
    How can they fund any of the other agencies without revenue? Abolish the income tax and the IRS and watch the rest wither on the vine.
  • Sig Sauer P220 2012/05/03 16:33:17
    (EPA) Environmental Protection Agency
    Sig Sauer P220
    +1
    The EPA for starters so we can drill our own natural resources and stop depending on foreign oil ... Then Dept of Education what a waste that organization is ... then keep on going doen the line ...
  • wysiwis 2012/05/03 16:07:25
    wysiwis
    Too bad we can't have multiple choice or an "All the Above" on this! All but Customs and Border Patrol needs removed, and quite frankly, Customs and Border Patrol could be taken over by the military!
  • Patric 2012/05/03 13:56:00
    (EPA) Environmental Protection Agency
    Patric
    +1
    second on " my " list would be HUD ,, what a waste of my $$ and what an enabler of continuation, of 2nd and 3rd generation of welfare queens...
  • EdVenture 2012/05/03 06:31:25
    EdVenture
    Congress
    Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
    The IRS and elimiate the current tax code so that ALL citizens making above $150000 pay the same tax rate.

Oh and by the way I mean the ENTIRE tax code. Personal and business. No deductions for anyone. You make over $150000 you pay PERIOD.
  • Sumātogai 2012/05/02 20:13:12
    Dept of Homeland Security(DHS) and TSA
    Sumātogai
    +2
    Also I would cut funds for the u.s customs and border patrol
  • ScottyG - Faqueue 2012/05/02 19:02:00
    ScottyG - Faqueue
    +1
    I'd cut ALL OF THEM, start over from scratch and get it right.
  • holly go lightly 2012/05/02 15:09:38
    Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
    holly go lightly
    +1
    I would start here.But aside from customs& border patrol,they all need to go.
    And that one needs to be revamped.
  • Pedalpusher 2012/05/02 15:06:53 (edited)
    Department of Education
    Pedalpusher
    +1
    Most departments at least need reorganization, salary limits on Department heads, fire all the czars that Obama appointed and inflated our government with people that don't even have to met any criteria but are in charge over those that do! Let's take a look at the Executive board of this country, Air Force One should be flown only for diplomatic trips, not shopping trips (that we should not have to pay for anyway) around the globe, we should not be paying for certain Congressmen/women to fly back and forth to their home states almost weekly! Let them take a commercial flight and give them a per mile reimbursement for business trips, (not shopping trips for family members) like they do Vet's that are out of the area of a service center to come into that center.....and let me say it doesn't cover the gas, much less expenses!! I go along with putting our military on the borders and protecting our borders bedside Border Patrol. At least till we get our country built back up! When we're going broke why should we be supporting other countries who don't even spend it on their needs and to make their poor people's lives better? The upper crust get it! And put housewives that are used to budgeting and squeezing a dollar in charge of our budget!
  • Shae 2012/05/02 14:47:36
    U.S. Customs & Border Patrol
    Shae
    +3
    If our government refuses to give them any power to protect our borders then get rid of them.
  • Petey 2012/05/02 13:52:30
    Petey
    The executive branch.
  • Don Wenk 2012/05/02 12:30:56
    Don Wenk
    You mIissed a few on this list. I know, I know you only had so much space. Lets start with all the Czars. Then EPA (require any rule changes be veted by congress), IRS (requires a re-write of the Code), DEA, HUD (social programs have no place in the federal government, it is too far away from the people),
    Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
    +1
    IRS
    The FED
    Hoemland Security
    CIA
  • Shae Lady Wh... 2012/05/02 14:44:43
    Shae
    +1
    You want all our national security gone?
  • holly g... Shae 2012/05/02 15:11:23
    holly go lightly
    +2
    Do you really see these as security?
  • Shae holly g... 2012/05/02 15:16:26
    Shae
    +1
    When my ex-fiance and close friends are overseas, I tend to like them having intel that the CIA aquires. I'm weird like that.
  • holly g... Shae 2012/05/02 15:23:41
    holly go lightly
    +1
    You mean to get them sent back home?that is one good thing.Emassies can be very helpful.
  • Shae holly g... 2012/05/02 15:27:13
    Shae
    +1
    no, them not being sitting ducks.
  • holly g... Shae 2012/05/02 15:32:32
    holly go lightly
    That's not the embassies.are you talking talking about active duty members?
  • Shae holly g... 2012/05/02 16:47:25
    Shae
    I mean active duty and reserve units.
  • alanh 2012/05/02 11:13:17
    Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
    alanh
    +4
    I would have picked all but one of the above!!!
  • USAF Vet 2012/05/02 07:32:25
    Department of Education
    USAF Vet
    +3
    The Department of Education (now there's an oxymoron) comes to mind, yet all the Departments, not clearly spelled out in the Constitition, could be eliminated totally. The soverign 50 states can do a far better job mamaging their affairs than some bloated Federal Agency.
  • XZQZQ 2012/05/02 07:22:55
    XZQZQ
    +1
    The question should be " Which agencies would you NOT cut or eliminate : ? Except for the IRS & Customs, I don't see why we need the others on the list...

2014/10/24 14:56:37