Which state is better? Florida Or California?

Samantha 2009/06/18 01:08:50
Florida
California

• Adis Minaei 2013/06/25 02:50:01
    California
    Adis Minaei
    +1
    without a doubt, California. Lived in Miami...after a year... couldn't wait to run away and haven't been back. LA, SF, SD...enough said.
  • LiquidSun 2012/12/05 20:22:48
    Florida
    LiquidSun
    I can't say for a fact that one is better than the other, as they each have their pros and cons. However, I live in Florida and am very fond of it. Just because I feel so comfortable here, I choose Florida.
  • Tyquesh... LiquidSun 2013/07/17 18:37:54
  • Valerie 2012/10/07 20:19:46
    California
    Valerie
    +1
    i am from california and most of my family lives there
  • Brenda 2012/05/18 02:20:45
    California
    Brenda
    +1
    both places are beautiful but californiaa is the bestt!! californiaa babyyyy
  • GiovanniArmani 2011/03/18 05:11:10 (edited)
    California
    GiovanniArmani
    +1
    California is wayy better, better beaches, isnt flat, NO HUMIDITY, You can ski in the summertime, go to the beach in the wintertime, see so many beautiful places, miles of gorgeous coastline, mountains, nice weather, deserts, valleys, palm trees, NON BIPOLAR weather, NO hurricanes, great people, celebrities, clubs, partying, suburbs, metroploitan cities, Billinoaires, rednecks, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Santa Barbara, San Diego, Santa Rosa, Wine, oranges, Pot, we have EVERYTHING!! Ive been to both states and there is NO place quite like California! And we don't have that giant mosquito problem like florida does and don't have to worry about alligators or giant spiders/snakes! Ive lived in both north and southern cali and have lived in Miami, Boca Raton, Marco Island, Key west, and Panama city and California does it for me! And they should call California the "Sunshine State" because California per year gets way more sunshine then Florida, as it is the SUNNIEST state in the country, (arizona has NOTHING on Southern California Sunshine! When I lived in the Perris/ moreno valley in the desert it NEVER rained! Even in L.A. it was rare that it would rain! Us Californians call Florida the "Partly Cloudy' state because that's all it ever is is Rain, Humidity, Hurricanes, Oil Spills, swamps, flatness, and sometimes sunshine.
  • LiquidSun Giovann... 2012/12/05 20:21:42 (edited)
    LiquidSun
    +2
    GiovanniArmani, in rely to some of what you said.

Point 1. Gators. While they should be respected and one should exercise common sense around them, they are nothing to be terrified of. Gator attacks are very rare and they usually only happen when someone is dumb enough to swim in murky waters. Frankly, I'm more afraid of bears than gators, bears are so unpredictable. Gators mainly just lounge around in the sun, making these prehistoric creatures, these living fossils, a joy to watch. I love to go to Payne's Prairie or Lake Alice to watch the gators.

Point 2. Hurricanes. Yes we have them. But I will take hurricanes over earthquakes any day. While it's true that hurricanes hit more often and do great amounts of damage, hurricanes can also be predicated, giving people time to evacuate if it's nasty enough. You can't evacuate in earthquake territory. Also, the worst earthquake is worst than the worst hurricane. Just look at what happened to poor Japan a couple years back (it breaks my heart). I shudder to think of a huge earthquake hitting the coast of Cali, causing a huge tsunami washing away buildings and homes.

Point 3. You said you have everything. No you don't. While it's true that you have a much more diverse landscape, which I do envy, mountains, deserts, forests, etc. etc....

Point 3. You said you have everything. No you don't. While it's true that you have a much more diverse landscape, which I do envy, mountains, deserts, forests, etc. etc... you don't have manatees, nor do you have the Everglades, nor do you have the wonderful crystal clear fresh water springs full of life that Florida has. Nor do you have anything as tropical as the beautiful Keys. Also we have a city older than any city in Cali, St. Augustine, which is rich in European and pirate (my favorite) history.

Point 4. I will take partly cloudily. I love it when it's cloudy at times. Who cares if Cali is always sunny where you live. That's boring to me. And don't get me started on lack of rain. I love the rain. It's what keeps things green and fresh. There is nothing like sitting out on your porch just listening to the rain. To me it's just amazing.

Point 5. Beaches. I won't say which is better. I think both are good in their own right. I appreciate Cali's tide pools and so forth and rocky cliffs. However, Florida beaches have softer sand, warmer water, and a crystal blue look that is absolutely beautiful.
  • Naie Giovann... 2013/02/20 05:24:36 (edited)
    Naie
    +3
    Are you kidding me? Florida, No sunshine,cloudy,no rain,humidity all the time etc. That's so not true. In the fall and winter months its gorgeous here. There's is no humidity and its much cooler. That's when the northerners come aka the "Snow birds." In the summer months it is very humid and sunny.Thats why our beaches are packed with tourists. I live in sunset beachTreasure Island,Florida. I don't live near a swamp. I have never seen an alligator here. I seen a spider once in my shed but nothing to complain about. And I did see a snake once in the grass walking over the boardwalk to the beach,and it was a black garden snake,nothing dangerous or to worry about. We don't have spiders,snakes,oil spills,hurricanes,no rain,and clouds here 24/7. I wouldn't of moved here if it did. The rainy months here are from june to sept. And when it does rain it pours,and then the sun comes back out again.The rain is a relief. And its nice to sit on your porch and wash it rain.The last oil spill we had was over two years ago,and that's only because sh*t happens. And as far as it being cloudy,it is not cloudy here all the time either. I wish it were, it would give us some relief from the sun in the summer. That's why it's call the "SUNSHINE" state. Alligators,snakes,mosquitos and spiders we don...
    Are you kidding me? Florida, No sunshine,cloudy,no rain,humidity all the time etc. That's so not true. In the fall and winter months its gorgeous here. There's is no humidity and its much cooler. That's when the northerners come aka the "Snow birds." In the summer months it is very humid and sunny.Thats why our beaches are packed with tourists. I live in sunset beachTreasure Island,Florida. I don't live near a swamp. I have never seen an alligator here. I seen a spider once in my shed but nothing to complain about. And I did see a snake once in the grass walking over the boardwalk to the beach,and it was a black garden snake,nothing dangerous or to worry about. We don't have spiders,snakes,oil spills,hurricanes,no rain,and clouds here 24/7. I wouldn't of moved here if it did. The rainy months here are from june to sept. And when it does rain it pours,and then the sun comes back out again.The rain is a relief. And its nice to sit on your porch and wash it rain.The last oil spill we had was over two years ago,and that's only because sh*t happens. And as far as it being cloudy,it is not cloudy here all the time either. I wish it were, it would give us some relief from the sun in the summer. That's why it's call the "SUNSHINE" state. Alligators,snakes,mosquitos and spiders we don't have them constantly flying and running around us 24/7.Yeah,you will get bit here and there from a mosquito but hey,that's everywhere. And as for flat, Well, I'd rather swim in the gulf of mexico,fish,watch the dolphins, and feed the seagulls etc. It's so much more relaxing than looking at mountains. And hurricane season is from june to november,peak sept. And we don't get hit all the time. And when a hurricane is going to hit us we are warned way before hand. So we can do what we have to do to keep safe. I don't know what parts of Florida you lived in. Not all parts of Florida are the same. You got your good and bad patches just like everywhere else. If Florida was cloudy all the time,no sun,no rain,hurricanes,spiders,snakes and mosquitos and oil spills 24/7. Why would anyone including me want to live here? It would be very depressing don't you think? And we do have alot of things california has including palm trees, celebrities and beautiful coast lines etc. You got your facts all wrong about Florida.
  • Tyquesh... Giovann... 2013/07/17 18:35:22
    Tyquesha Wilcox
    +1
    but how is it better?
  • Jami 2011/02/10 21:29:01
    Florida
    Jami
    +1
    I'm from florida and I can honestly say that I love it here. This winter it hardly even got chilly and that's usually the case... in california it might be warm but it's also far too dry and not as warm year round as it is here. Some places do have bigger bugs here, but that is also true of many southern places, even california. Florida is beautiful, bottom line... if you're looking for an overall better life, florida is better because it is better economically, has less chance of a disaster (california has fires AND earthquakes, we only have hurricanes which are easier to survive), and has many beautiful beaches. I love it here and couldn't imagine living anywhere else.
  • giantapplepie 2010/08/05 14:51:52
  • marly 2010/07/30 16:21:55
    California
    marly
    +1
    i love hollywood but florida is rainy sometimes but california is better unless if they had all things we wanted
  • in love with the city of a... 2010/05/15 00:14:02
    California
    in love with  the city of angels
    +1
    love california lived here all of my life especily la/hollywood california love california lived life especily lahollywood
  • JulieGeoghegan 2010/05/03 22:12:03
    California
    JulieGeoghegan
    +1
    They're both great and sunny but most of my family lives in California
  • josh 2009/11/28 04:03:02
    California
    josh
    California is the best place to be, you can't ask for anything better. All you say earthquakes are scary there really not they last atleast like 5 minutes hurricanes last atleast hours hurricane katrina? You might say florida is nicer but honestly when you wanna plan a day to go to the beach in florida u have to see if it rains in california u dont need to check u just know and there might be fires but so what they can be put out rain cant be blown away ? u can evacuate of fires and only the retarded people who stay for there homes die, but in florida u cant run away from it. Trust me ive been to both california and florida, California beats florida by so much, the taxes might be high in california but why do you think california is so beautiful like laguna beach? or like near los angeles to San diego its amazing there very beautiful trust me its amazing there people just dont go to the nice parts of california where do u think all the famous people are at? california becuase they have my opinion which iss california sorry people but california is the best no one cares about money wise life wise california is the best to live in because u can have a life unlike florida stuck inside wen it rains also i lived in michigan and its THE WORSE PLACE OF MY LIFE AND I AM A CALIFORNIA PERSON I LOVE IT END OF THIS BYE.
  • bennie.... josh 2013/03/24 02:44:11
    bennie.hates.sheep
    +3
    I can tell you havent been to Florida because what you had there was just full of stereotypes. First of all I believe youre stupid because hurricane Katrina hit Louisiana badly, not Florida. Second of all, You obviously havent seen the beaches at the gulf coast or at Miami, St. Augustine, Panama, or Daytona (Jacksonville is horrible). Everything is so nice and blue, the sand is white, and the water is warm. Famous people swing to Florida everyday to stop in Miami, Tallahassee, Tampa, Orlando, Ft. Lauterdale. Oh yes. Were good. So not only are we warmer but we have most concert appearances! We got the name Sunshine State over Cali for a reason!
  • Tyquesh... bennie.... 2013/07/17 18:42:22
    Tyquesha Wilcox
    +3
    how are u doin can i be ur friend?
    happy face
  • American Nate 2009/08/18 03:37:57
    Florida
    American Nate
    More south and it rains!!

CALIFORNIA
    florida south rains california

FLORIDA
    florida south rains california florida
  • mclovin 2009/08/14 04:15:00
    Florida
    mclovin
    +5
    alot of parts of california are crappy.... no offense californians....
  • Quixy 2009/06/18 02:20:03
    Florida
    Quixy
    +1
    I'm a resident of Florida and honestly want to go home to Texas! I detest the humidity, LOVE both coasts of Florida, the beaches are the most beautiful I've ever seen.

I've been to CA many times, but trust me when I say they don't call it "the land of fruits and nuts" for nothing! The state (incessantly broke) is run by radicals determined to annex it to Mexico.....it's just crazy out there. Aside from that, I'd say CA is a GORGEOUS state and a few decades ago, was a great place to live.
  • Cheryl Dunham 2009/06/18 02:02:23
    California
    Cheryl Dunham
    +5
    We may be broke, but it is still the best state to live in. We don't have all that humidity and hot weather. I am a true blue California Girls :-)
  • Staci Cheryl ... 3 days ago
    Staci
    +2
    I lived in So Ca for 44 years including San Diego for five and moved to Florida a year ago. Ca stereotypes of Florida are so untrue. The only issue I have with Florida is the low wages other then that its way better than Ca. The weather is the best I've seen and the rain comes for a few minutes then its sunny again. The summer does get a little humid but not bad as long as you live by the beach. The beaches here are clear,warm, and blue. There is no traffic and you don't have to pay to park at the beaches. I life on the treasure coast and love it. There is water everywhere and green in all directions. There is no smog and the community is dog friendly. I don't have to lock my doors at night and my kids feel safe. I've seen no alligators and I live in paradise. La is dirty and thug infested. The freeways are crowded and it takes forever to get anywhere. Ca is beautiful if you drive the coast but few people live there and in less you have millions you won't be anywhere near the beach. I live a block from the water now and love the the cool breeze. I won't live inland in Florida but anywhere by the coast and its like being on vacation everyday. Hands down overall Florida is better. I have no desire to go back to Ca. It's a welfare state and even if you do live in a beach community you are still surrounded by thugs. Ca is not what it used to be that's why I moved. Hands down best decision I ever made.
  • Shell 2009/06/18 01:27:57
  • connie ... Shell 2009/10/20 07:34:11
    connie whiteside
    +2
    omg im so scared of spiders that i cant sleep at night cause im scared they will crawl in my mouth when im asleep i would never live where there were spiders like that i live in Ontario Canada that shit is so freaky
  • JulieGe... connie ... 2010/05/03 22:10:51
    JulieGeoghegan
    +4
    I'm from Texas. In the house I used to live, we had a bunch of thick black spiders that were bigger than a quarter. they were really thick. they had white stuff on their abdomens...like a black widow but white and thicker.
    I've stopped lying in the floor because one time I saw a big black spider crawling on the floor. That's happened 3 times.
    I've even seen a spider on my keyboard.
    The worst spider memory I have was when I was with my dad in his 18-wheeler. We were pulled over at a rest stop and I look over to see a humongous spider right over my seat. Thank goodness I was in the bunk. This thing was about the size of a baseball, I think. It was red, orange, yellowish and fell right on my seat. We had to walk to 2 different gas stations to get bug spray. When we got back, we couldn't find it :P It died in my dad's jacket.
  • Giovann... Shell 2011/03/18 05:14:58
    GiovanniArmani
    +1
    EEEKKKKKKK you can have those big spiders!!!! No thanks id rather live with the earthquakes then deal with that!!!!
  • Quasineutrality 2009/06/18 01:27:02
    Florida
    Quasineutrality
    +1
    but California is still cool
  • kfallslady 2009/06/18 01:22:50
    Florida
    kfallslady
    +2
    California is broke
  • Eddie 2009/06/18 01:16:46
    California
    Eddie
    +1
    I've never been to Florida so I have to go with California. Plus we don't get hurricanes.
  • America... Eddie 2009/08/18 03:40:51
    American Nate
    +2
    You get Fires and Earthquakes. You get hit by either your house is gone.
    A hurricane you can get hit my 2 in one month your still ok. Trust me I had it happen.
  • Eddie America... 2009/08/18 23:19:24
    Eddie
    True. I forgot about the damn fires. We had some bad ones here in Southern California.
  • JT 2009/06/18 01:15:18
    Florida
    JT
    +4
    i been to both states and think there both pretty wonderful
  • giantap... JT 2010/08/17 15:33:16
  • With Love. 2009/06/18 01:13:26
    California
    With Love.
    +1
    Don't like all the humidity, it's a beautiful state though.
  • Samantha 2009/06/18 01:11:24
    California
    Samantha
    +6
    Some parts of Florida are crappy. No offense, Floridians!
  • wolf sloan Samantha 2009/08/24 13:22:11
    wolf sloan
    None taken.
  • MH wolf sloan 2010/12/05 06:40:41
    MH
    +1
    I need some serious advice. I'm single 35 swm from the north, and want to relocate to either Florida or California. What would be a better place for a single guy perhaps starting to date again? Which has better women for relationships? I was leaning toward FL for the beaches and warm water, but that probably gets old fast. They both seem to have their own pro's and con's, but for a single guy my age which is seriously better? What city and why? Please help. thanks.
  • wolf sloan MH 2010/12/05 15:30:19
    wolf sloan
    Economically speaking, Cal is in bad shape. FL is slightly better in that regard. I prefer most of the beaches in Cal to most of the ones in FL. But you're right, the beach thing does get old fast. I generally prefer the girls and night life in LA much more than Miami. Neither place is good for long term relationships. Key West isn't what it used to be but still a partying town. Just my opinion.
  • LiquidSun Samantha 2012/12/05 20:25:20
    LiquidSun
    +1
    Having been to both, some parts of California are crappy too. I think both Los Angeles and Miami equally suck, just fake materialistic plastic cultures.
  • LiquidSun Samantha 2013/06/10 16:53:18
    LiquidSun
    And parts of California aren't crappy? I can't stand Los Angeles. To me it's like Miaimi, but with more smog. You can't tell me that California doesn't have it's crappy parts. It has plenty. Cali has it's ghettos and it's high crime rate, plus more air pollution. In fact, LA has been ranked as one of the most polluted cities in terms of air pollution. Also, your state has big oil rigs sticking out from the ocean that can be seen at numerous beaches. Talk about crappy! Are parts of Florida crappy? Absolutely. But don't play the game that your state is all roses and sunshine.

2014/04/17 00:16:50