Which Republican Presidential Candidate Has the Best Chance to Defeat President Obama?

Politics 2012/02/15 01:56:35
We know you want to make your opinion count -- especially during the time of a serious election. So, every week, SodaHead will host a handful of up-to-date polls having to do with the upcoming 2012 election.

Vote on this week's election questions below and make sure to come back every Tuesday to see how everyone voted -- and to receive a new batch of questions worth pondering. It's a great time to have an opinion. So, dive right in to our 2012 Election poll.

Read More: http://www.sodahead.com/survey/featured/2012-elect...

• Joeseph 2012/02/15 04:12:13
    Ron Paul
    Joeseph
    +17
    I would certainly hope Ron Paul would be able to win the election; America doesn't need another 'neo-conservative' to be President, like Bush-Cheney, or Romney, Santorum, Gingrich, or anyother Rockefeller Republican (which is what we have had since 1988)>

• INDO_420 2012/02/19 20:11:08
    Mitt Romney
    INDO_420
    +1
    The Democrats are pulling a “Vote for the Worst” stunt (a’la American Idol) with the open primaries. Do not fall for the gains in the polls for Santorum or any wins for Santorum in open primaries. They are suckering us into nominating the weaker candidate. They fear an Obama re-election fight against Romney.

Go to BuzzFeed (dot) com and search for the article “Daily Kos to make mischief in Republican Primary”.

Republican Field Head to Head Polling VS Obama
    *data from Real Clear Politics (dot) com

Un-named Republican: 23 months worth of polling (70 polls total)
    42 wins, 6 ties, 22 losses = 60.00% winning percentage
    Averages tying with Obama

Romney: 34 months worth of polling (148 polls total)
    28 wins, 16 ties, 104 losses = 18.92% winning percentage
    Averages losing to Obama by 5.9%

Gingrich: 22 months worth of polling (82 polls total)
    2 wins, 1 ties, 79 losses = 2.44% winning percentage
    Averages losing to Obama by 13.2%

Paul: 15 months worth of polling (40 polls total)
    0 wins, 0 ties, 40 losses = 0% winning percentage
    Averages losing to Obama by 9.6%

Santorum: 7 months worth of polling (24 polls total)
    1 wins, 0 ties, 23 losses = 4.17% winning percentage
    Averages losing to Obama by 8.0%

Any candidate other than Romney is an easy win for Obama.
  • bleep INDO_420 2012/02/19 22:16:11
    bleep
    +1
    Do not fall for polls period cause they can easily be manipulated. Just like the media each one is spewing out something different. Polls are for fun not facts
  • Donn Wr... INDO_420 2012/02/20 23:05:12
    Donn Wright
    I'll bet Santorum doesn't even win PA, his home state. They know him!
  • violetgurl 2012/02/19 19:48:15
    Ron Paul
    violetgurl
    +1
    I'd have to say none of them………
    I may not LOVE Obama but I still believe in him.
  • Al C. violetgurl 2012/02/20 01:03:23 (edited)
    Al C.
    +2
    Then you must also believe in Santa Clause, the Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Ferry because you're delusional!!!!!!!!!!
  • violetgurl Al C. 2012/02/20 21:33:57 (edited)
    violetgurl
    I just may be but last time I checked this IS America and I can believe in what ever the hell I want to.
    Aint free will just a bitch?
  • Al C. violetgurl 2012/02/20 22:52:16
    Al C.
    You said it BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • violetgurl Al C. 2012/02/21 00:33:17 (edited)
    violetgurl
    thanks..
    You feel better now?
  • Donn Wr... violetgurl 2012/02/20 23:07:56
    Donn Wright
    Don't let the Gov hear you say that. Thanks to the Patriot Act and the new defense bill, you no longer have the right to free speech, or free will.

Apparently, you didn't notice. Don't feel bad, 99% of the American people didn't either.
  • violetgurl Donn Wr... 2012/02/21 00:32:49
    violetgurl
    thanks now I dont feel so bad
  • Lorrilee Al C. 2012/02/21 07:25:47
    Lorrilee
    +2
    Well I guess she is as delusional as millions others ....
  • Al C. Lorrilee 2012/02/21 11:01:57
    Al C.
    Without a doubt!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • America... Al C. 2012/02/21 22:13:09
    American☆Atheist
    i think god goes in there too
  • Al C. America... 2012/02/22 04:32:47
    Al C.
    What's that supposed to mean???????????????
  • America... Al C. 2012/02/22 06:08:16
    American☆Atheist
    with santa ect.
  • SunShine violetgurl 2012/02/20 19:14:49
    SunShine
    give me one valid reason..
  • Lorrilee violetgurl 2012/02/21 07:22:39
    Lorrilee
    He is too smart for the GOP candidates, and also he did something ( used the republicans platforms and make them deny their own work ) .... That is way too clever!!!
  • Radical 1s1am1st 2012/02/19 19:32:23
    Newt Gingrich
    Radical 1s1am1st
    +2
    Michele Bachmann

Michele Bachmann
  • HenriLewkowiczhenri 2012/02/19 19:15:38
    Ron Paul
    HenriLewkowiczhenri
    none of them
    Ron Paul
    I picked Ron Paul because he is least likely to be put on the Republican Ticket and least likely to be able to defeat President Obama.

Frankly, NONE of them can defeat President Obama.
  • Swany sjalan 2012/02/20 03:33:09
    Swany
    Iran just cut off their oil shipments to France and England. $5 or $6 a gall gas will get the attention of the masses like nothing else can. Prepare for a very different political climate.
  • sjalan Swany 2012/02/20 04:32:30
    And the blame will go exactly where it belongs. ON IRAN. And yes it will be very difficult times in the next few months.

An additional developement comes from the banking industry and international money transfer arm of international payments.

"Yet another potentially crippling sanction against Iran moved a step closer on Friday when the Belgium-based Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication, known as Swift, said in a statement on its Web site that it was “ready to implement sanctions against Iranian financial institutions.”

If Swift cuts off the ability to transfer funds to or from Iran, their economy will implode within a week to 10 days.

Yep going to be really interesting times for the next few weeks maybe months.
  • Swany sjalan 2012/02/20 14:08:34
    Swany
    Stupid Iran. They have Our oil under Their sand.
  • wysiwis 2012/02/19 18:16:57
    Rick Santorum
    wysiwis
    +1
    I don't really care for any of them, with every piece of info I come across. I WILL however vote for any of them, which ever one becomes the nominee, as WE, this nation, MUST get rid on the current miss-administration!
  • ehrhornp 2012/02/19 18:14:56
    Mitt Romney
    ehrhornp
    +1
    Actually they all have a snow ball's chance in hell to defeat Obama. But Mitt has money so he probably could go further.
  • dominic garcia 2012/02/19 17:11:25
    Rick Santorum
    dominic garcia
    +1
    Really any of them can defeat Him. Obama's dark ways have been exposed despite the media's love for him.
  • C. C. Rider 2012/02/19 16:02:21
    Mitt Romney
    C. C. Rider
    +5
    They have yet to find one.

we got nothing
  • teamrn 2012/02/19 15:58:46
    Mitt Romney
    teamrn
    My opinion, eh? The GOP wants to defeat Barack Obama. PERIOD That said, at the same time the GOP is looking for another Ronald Reagan; Folks, there IS no Ronald Reagan in the field. They compare each candidate to those glory days we had when RR was POTUS. That's not going to happen; at least this election cycle. That reminds me of that old song, "You don't always get what you want (Reagan), but if you try sometime, you get what you need (Romney)..." Drop strict conservatism at the door and vote what is best for America.
  • Teri- Oregon 2012/02/19 12:20:58
    Ron Paul
    Teri- Oregon
    +1
    Main screwed up.......looks like Dr. Paul may have taken first.
  • Beat Magnum True Hero 2012/02/19 09:16:38
    Ron Paul
    Beat Magnum True Hero
    +4
    Ron Paul is the only one who at the very least would offer something fresh in a debate. I don't agree with everything he says or every position he has, but I'd rather take my chances with someone who carries a philosophy of staying out of my personal life. Sadly,Paul is not part of the machine. The other three offer no actual alternative to Obama.
  • Merna 2012/02/19 08:58:15
    Ron Paul
    Merna
    +2
    When it comes to sanity at least, Mitt is a venture capitalist, he's not really into the whole "job creation" business. Santorum is too busy obsessing over how gross sex is and how much of an abomination gay sex is to even think straight (pun intended) and Gingrich is too much of a douche. Ron Paul is our best shot, even though I still stand with president Obama and hope he will win.
  • J-DUB 2012/02/19 07:08:53
    Mitt Romney
    J-DUB
    None of them seems to be a major contender in my opinion. I think Mitt Romney has the biggest advantage as he presents himself a little more professionally than the others. Gingrich has pissed off a lot of people with his attitude and remarks. Rick Santorum will alienate the non-extremist religious and non religious. Ron Paul has some good views on economics but his past with racist activities will dampen his chances.
  • TheRichZone 2012/02/19 07:02:57
    Rick Santorum
    TheRichZone
    +1
    each and everyone of them can beat Obama
  • J-DUB TheRich... 2012/02/19 07:09:40
    J-DUB
    +2
    I seriously doubt that.
  • TheRich... J-DUB 2012/02/20 23:58:58
    TheRichZone
    Can you tell me what Obama has accomplished in the last 38 months which makes you think any of the four RNC hopefuls? Is inflation lower? Has Obama reduced our deficit? Is deficit spending down? Is unemployment down? Are Americans freer today? Are the wars over yet? Are we more respected around the world? Are houses worth more money? Do jobs pay more? Does gas at the pump cost less? Is America recognized as the best free-market system in the world? Is our government more transparency? Is Washington less divisive? Are the American people more united? Is the misery index lower? Please tell me what improvements have been made since Obama started occupying the White House?

A large percentage of democrats will stay home in Nov. or switch parties.
  • J-DUB TheRich... 2012/02/21 23:17:25
    J-DUB
    He has done better to rebuild this country than the republicans would have. They are the ones who broke it. You can't fix 8 years if damage in a short amount if time. It like how you can tank your credit score in 6 months but it takes years to fix.
  • taitaFa... TheRich... 2012/02/19 12:32:03
    taitaFalcon23
    +1
    in some alternate universe...but the rest of us use this one for now....
  • TheRich... taitaFa... 2012/02/21 00:00:03
    TheRichZone
    Pull your head out of your ass and look around
    lok
  • taitaFa... TheRich... 2012/02/21 00:50:56
    taitaFalcon23
    +1
    I'm an American citizen and I have to live here in the US too... and your belief in the myth that we got here all because of one man - is bullsh*t. We're here because of the 400+ other politicians and their lobbyist paymaster benefactors. The price of gas is not the result of President Obama running around the country and resetting all the pumps. It's Wall St and it's legions of speculators betting on how much pain their fellow citizens are willing to take. All the while, leeches like Romney, Gingrinch and Santorum are laughing all the way to the bank. Which happen to be offshore - even they know better. The GOP candidate field gets they're money from the same paymasters upholding the same system they'e trying to take over.

In addtition to being a patriot and retired vet, I'm making other plans and you should be too. All your stupid little stats are only designed to inflame you and the rest of the unwashed masses into a herd of collective thought and vote the conservo way. When what you should be thinking about is how you're going to survive the economic holocaust. Because it's coming. You don't need to vote conservo, demo, or independent. Because it won't and has not mattered for some time now.

Banks are dying; money is being devalued; food will run out; water will be hel...

Banks are dying; money is being devalued; food will run out; water will be held out for more than either oil or gold; real estate is devalued because legally stealing your property's value is too profitable to ignore in this system. It's all going to collapse.

If you have a mortgage, it will ruin every and anything else you have. If you have anything you're making payments on - you're going to lose it. If you have a school loan, credit card, car payment, furniture payment; those are all flaming arrows pointed right at your *ss.

It is going to become the survival of the fittest and the banks are fitter than you - they ain't going down (and they will fail) without shedding alot of blood and they're not going down alone. You can save every penny of every paycheck and put it into stocks, bonds, savings, etc.; it won't mean a d*mn thing because the institutions that hold them or will recognize them won't survive.

Me using your sentiment of looking around, is telling you to pull yourself out yourself. If you don't know that by now - I have no advise that will help you.

P.S.: download a copy of the Constitution while you can; the first indicator that the SHTF will be the total blackout of news and internet. Buy a gun...
  • TheRich... taitaFa... 2012/02/21 02:12:39
    TheRichZone
    I honer your service - thank you.

Do you believe America should follow the US Constitution and the Federalist Papers or do you believe bureaucrats withing the three powers of government should be progressive and make it up as we go?

Regardless of who the GOP Nominee is, what are the odds you're going to vote for Obama?

2014/10/22 06:34:47