Which Republican Presidential Candidate Has the Best Chance to Defeat President Obama?

SodaHead Politics 2012/02/15 01:56:35
We know you want to make your opinion count -- especially during the time of a serious election. So, every week, SodaHead will host a handful of up-to-date polls having to do with the upcoming 2012 election.

Vote on this week's election questions below and make sure to come back every Tuesday to see how everyone voted -- and to receive a new batch of questions worth pondering. It's a great time to have an opinion. So, dive right in to our 2012 Election poll.

Read More: http://www.sodahead.com/survey/featured/2012-elect...

• Joeseph 2012/02/15 04:12:13
    Ron Paul
    Joeseph
    +17
    I would certainly hope Ron Paul would be able to win the election; America doesn't need another 'neo-conservative' to be President, like Bush-Cheney, or Romney, Santorum, Gingrich, or anyother Rockefeller Republican (which is what we have had since 1988)>

• Little ... aneed2know 2012/02/15 15:32:15
    Little Tina
    Not hearing anything in your 3 examples that say he would outlaw contraceptives.
    Sorry.
  • Grizzle aneed2know 2012/02/15 15:59:21
    Grizzle
    Did he really say contraception leads to alot of unplanned pregnacy's at the end of video 3
  • Aqua Surf BTO-t-BCRA-F 2012/02/15 04:13:40 (edited)
    Ron Paul
    Aqua Surf BTO-t-BCRA-F
    +5
    He appeals to common sense folk among both Dems AND Reps. But I think any Rep will beat Obama. Let's face it, Obama has pretty much beat himself. Worst POTUS ever and more Americans realize it every day, thank goodness.
  • Joeseph 2012/02/15 04:12:13
    Ron Paul
    Joeseph
    +17
  • smitty Joeseph 2012/02/16 20:07:59 (edited)
    smitty
    +1
    Sadly Ron Paul would not get the moderate vote.

Calling Romney a neo conservative is probably not correct. A rhino perhaps.

Santorum, yes.

Gingrich is too far right that he is in the outfield stands.

Probably the only one that will bet Obama is Romney. He appeals to a more diverse group of people.

Now with that said.... I am a ABO person. Anyone But Obama. You put Paul on the ticket and he will have my vote. This ultra liberal insanity has to stop.
  • Beat Ma... smitty 2012/02/19 09:27:14
    Beat Magnum True Hero
    +3
    Respectfully, I have to completely disagree with your ABO position, because I am sick and tired of "anyone but ______" politics period. I want to have "no one but _______" politics for a change: someone I can actually support and get behind. As for your observations, they're pretty much dead on:

Romney: Obama lite. He's just a softer and less aggressive version of Obama. You're getting the same deal, but only about 50% strength. I don't see how that's an actual change.

Santorum: Honestly, I don't know enough about the man, but it sounds like he tows the typical GOP talking point line. He seems like he'd probably make a nice neighbor, but not what we want for President.

Gingrich: Dear lord, this man honestly frightens me. A xenophobe and jingoist of the worst kind. I hope you don't have any sons or daughters in the military (or of draft age) if this man is elected, because their chances at a long and happy life will be severely reduced.

Paul: I don't agree with libertarians on everything, but at least he wants to get our noses out of everyone's affairs and fix our own problems. I'm not a total isolationist either, but considering that we got our man in both Iraq and Afghanistan, we need to bring troops home. Moreover, we need to end this silly "war on drugs." Unfo...

Paul: I don't agree with libertarians on everything, but at least he wants to get our noses out of everyone's affairs and fix our own problems. I'm not a total isolationist either, but considering that we got our man in both Iraq and Afghanistan, we need to bring troops home. Moreover, we need to end this silly "war on drugs." Unfortunately, he's not vanilla enough for the mainstream.

Obama: Well, we know what we've gotten with this guy. The checks that his ego wrote in 2008 are bouncing. The only good that would come from his re-election is that he can never run for president again.

Not wanting to steal the thread here, but that's my 2 cents.
  • ThinkAb... Beat Ma... 2012/02/20 01:58:32
    ThinkAboutIt!
    Lost & confused.
  • smitty Beat Ma... 2012/02/20 14:50:41
    smitty
    Hey mate... I agree with ya. You don't need to steal I love to have a conversation.

I am too sick and tired of the Anyone But ______ political game. Even though I may sick of it, I don't think there is any relief in sight.

If mainstream America would accept Paul, I would vote for him in a heartbeat. The war on drugs has just become a money ladden instution using tax dollars. I am not a big fan of recreational drugs. Still if someone wants to $%^& up their life.. I don;t see why they shouldn't be allowed to. Just no government funds for clean up. Then if one decides to come in my house, I'll introduce then to Smith and Wesson.

Gringrich scares me too

Romney and Santorum are the only two I think mainstream america can support. I just hope that it doesn't discourage Paul. I hope he keeps being around. I think it may take more time for the public to get familiar with him and his policies. Give the tea party some time.
  • Eastexn25 Joeseph 2012/02/18 03:35:29
    Eastexn25
    I do not see RP winning the nomination. I would definitely vote for him if he is the nominee (not 3rd party). I would love to see RP go where he is REALLY needed and that is Treasury Secretary for either Santorum or Romney.
  • Diane Joeseph 2012/02/19 05:41:18
    Diane
    Just out of curiosity, if Ron Paul doesn't get the nomination, for whom will you vote, if you will vote at all?
  • Joeseph Diane 2012/02/20 14:22:27
    Joeseph
    +1
    I truely believe that Romney, Santorum and Gingrich are the 'Three-Amigo's', meaning there is hardly a 'hair-width' of ideological difference between the three; personality difference, yes. In a Presidential debate Gingrich would strip Obama down to a pile of ideological spaghetti on the floor between his shoes. A debate with Santorum or Romney and Obama, would give Obama the greatest advantage.

The American people (at least a large segment) are 'yearning' for something substantive from the the Republicans and there has not been anything as yet, the year is 2008 all over again, and America is the loser!

What about the economy? How much is a trillion dollars? "The borrower is the servant to the lender" (King Solomon), will America survive the debt of 'hundreds of trillions of dollars' that we owe, totally? Debt is America's greatest problem, so says the U.S. Comptroller of the Currency a year ago, and what have the 'Three Amigo's' shared with the citizens about our certain future? They have ALL been negligent and reckless, and 'unprofitable' to us.

Yes Ron Paul is my first choice, but the economic crisis alone is 'deadly' and it would surely kill him within two years of his office. The other three, any one of them would offer 'a slight difference' from the other, and a 'fair diffe...

Yes Ron Paul is my first choice, but the economic crisis alone is 'deadly' and it would surely kill him within two years of his office. The other three, any one of them would offer 'a slight difference' from the other, and a 'fair difference' from Obama (an 'economist' he is not, an 'idiot', he is)! He's got-to-go!

The is so much more, intense issues of larger thoughts, that has to do with the "whose-who" behind the elections, but that would go-on for hours, maybe days, and possibly many 'sleepless nights' for new 'hearers'! Suffice it to say that the real attack in American politics for the past 10 decades (including the year of (December) 1913, is the U.S. Constitution! Without the U.S. Constitution, we the people (of these United States) would be in the same position as the people of: the Sudan, Angola, (1917) Russia, (1947) mainland China where 'millions of human beings' have been slaughtered!
  • smitty Diane 2012/02/20 14:52:09 (edited)
    smitty
    It will end up a Romney/Santorum or Santorum/Romney ticket.
  • DoxieDad 2012/02/15 03:45:43
    Mitt Romney
    DoxieDad
    +1
    Setting aside the Group Orgy for Ron Paul who is never going to get the nomination, lets look at the three remaining Republican candidates.
    "Of course this is my opinion and we all have one".
    Newt Gingrich is precieved by to many to be a grumpy old politician that is still peeved that he could not gain fame and fortune back in the 90's and has way to much baggage.
    Rick Santorum as attractive as he is to the conservative Evangelicals will not be able to gain the moderate and independent votes needed to beat Obama.
    Mitt Romney for all of his peccadilloes and that the right wing and hard conservative Evangelicals really don't believe him to be a true conservative is the only one who has the best chance to beat Obama in November.
  • DizziNY DoxieDad 2012/02/15 12:11:53 (edited)
    DizziNY
    +1
    Romney has no sense, he strapped a dog cage with his his Irish Setter in it to the top of his car and drove with the dog on top of the car. The dog was petrified and proceeded to defecate all over. Romney pulled over in a gas station, hosed off both dog and cage, put the dog back in the cage , which was still straped to the top of the car, and drove off again. What person with ANY sense does something like that? Not to mention the heartlessness and abusive actions towards that poor dog.

And let's not forget ROMNEYCARE, which is parallel to OBAMACARE.

dogs against romney

dogs against romney

mention heartlessness abusive actions poor dog forget romneycare parallel obamacare

cats against romney

cats against romney
  • DoxieDad DizziNY 2012/02/16 03:42:44
    DoxieDad
    Really!! If an incident that happened twenty years ago when he was younger and goofy as many are at that age is your reason for no support I just as soon not have it. What was done within the confines of a state and supported by the residents of that state is just a tad different from having the Federal government make a rulling for all states whether they want it or not. Those opposed to Mitt Romney on these grounds are no better then the OWS crowd that decry that he has to much money. The Rickster will not get the vote needed to defeat Obama. Not by a long shot.
  • smitty DizziNY 2012/02/16 20:12:09
    smitty
    Dogs and cats crap in cages inside the car too.

I want a realistic person to beat Obama. I don't think Paul can get all the votes necessary. He won't get those votes of the people that think "why should I vote because no matter who I vote for the same thing will happen"'nothing will change".

We need a person that can over come that apathy. Unfortunately I sometimes think that apathy is well founded.
  • Grizzle DoxieDad 2012/02/15 16:08:25
    Grizzle
    +1
    None of the other three candidates stand a chance to beat Obama without Ron Paul supporters and since Ron Paul supporters are people of Integrity and character I would expect 4 more years of Obama.
    mitt romney  stop me humor
  • DoxieDad Grizzle 2012/02/16 03:36:36
    DoxieDad
    +1
    I expect Ron Paul supporters to push for a third party run and when Paul says no for you all to pout and stay home.
  • Grizzle DoxieDad 2012/02/16 13:27:04
    Grizzle
    Integrity Matters

• DoxieDad Grizzle 2012/02/17 03:12:29
    DoxieDad
    Cute, funny and makes no difference. Ron Paul will not get the nomination and I doubt he will run third party.
    But, as in your post below I will write in or vote third party "again" if Santorum is the GOP candidate. If that means four more of Obama it will be the hard right who are to blame.
  • Grizzle DoxieDad 2012/02/17 14:02:14
    Grizzle
    I would blame the Republican establishment and media for giving us yet another weak candidate not those that stand on their principles.
  • ThinkAb... Grizzle 2012/02/20 02:06:47
    ThinkAboutIt!
    You're a deranged fellow.
  • smitty Grizzle 2012/02/16 20:12:51 (edited)
    smitty
    So Ron Paul supporters will vote for Obama if Paul doesn't get the nom?

Or will he pull a Perot and take votes away like '41.
  • Grizzle smitty 2012/02/17 00:19:42
    Grizzle
    I can't speak for all of them but I will either Write in a candidate or go with Gary Johnson, I haven't decided yet.
  • smitty Grizzle 2012/02/17 14:33:09
    smitty
    You don't have to speak for all. By basically writing off anyone but Paul. You have in essence elected Obama. Nice job mate.
  • Grizzle smitty 2012/02/17 16:52:05
    Grizzle
    You know what happens when you assume? I liked Huntsmann, I liked Johnson and I liked Cain but the establishment needs a puppet and they wouldn't bow down so they were removed.
  • smitty Grizzle 2012/02/17 16:58:16
    smitty
    What am I assuming? How do you think Clinton got elected? I'll state this.. you are free to choose whoever you want to vote for.

If you don't vote for the republican candidate (whoever that is), then you may as well go into the White and polish President's Obama ashtray. He will be there 4 more years. Then you can bend over and kiss yer nether region goodbye because this country will be a farce with him as a lame duck.

If you don't believe me look at the history and Perot.

Look I don't make the rules... that is just how it is.
  • Grizzle smitty 2012/02/17 17:49:46
    Grizzle
    Integrity might not mean anything to you but it does to me. If you want to vote for one of the three stooges (Mitt, Newt, Prick) go for it but don't try and tell me I have compromise my principles. The puppet masters will control those stooges just like they control Obama and unless we take drastic measures to right this ship it's over and the only one talking about the real issue (Sound money) is Ron Paul.
  • smitty Grizzle 2012/02/17 18:35:29
    smitty
    +1
    Well don't complain whilest Obama is still President.

I am not telling who to vote for. I am letting you know what the consequences will be. Hell I voted for Perot. I won't make that mistake again.

But don't go complaining that Obama is still in office.

Look man.. No matter who you put in they will change on you. If Paul is put in he will succumb as well. Don;t fool yourself.
  • Grizzle smitty 2012/02/17 20:50:10
    Grizzle
    +1
    I think Paul would pull more votes from unhappy Dems to be honest but he's not gonna run as third party. I also believe Obama or the 3 amigos will continue to drive the bus off the cliff so may as well let the Dems take the blame.

Thanks for the civil debate
  • smitty Grizzle 2012/02/17 20:53:49 (edited)
    smitty
    +1
    I fought for this country because I believed in it and I believed every man should enlist. With that I respect that freedom that you have to vote for who you want. If that be Rudolph, so be it.

I respect your thoughts and views.. However I did that at some point as well. Slick Willy, I did not have sexual relations with that woman. I didn't inhale.... was elected with less that half the votes.

Be well sir. My thanks as well.
  • ThinkAb... Grizzle 2012/02/20 02:05:10
    ThinkAboutIt!
    nonsense
  • abubincrazy 2012/02/15 03:28:13
    Newt Gingrich
    abubincrazy
    +1
    ANYBODY will beat that crazy Marxist busily destroying our country.
    I prefer Newt, as he will decimate Obama's handlers.
    AND, he will actually REPAIR our system.
    Which MAY be why the establishment is trashing him.
  • Little ... abubinc... 2012/02/15 04:30:04
    Little Tina
    +1
    So sick of the libs and the media trying to trash anyone who dares to run against Barrack Hussein Obama. They need to stop trashing each other though.
  • Leah abubinc... 2012/02/15 04:32:58
    Leah
    +2
    Newt has no chance of winning the general election. Let's say he becomes the nominee. Here's how the election will go:
    NG: Obama is a Marxist.
    BO: Gingrich wants to repeal child labor laws so 8 year olds can work as janitors.
    American Public: #Obama2012!!!!!!
  • abubinc... Leah 2012/02/15 05:01:05
    abubincrazy
    I kid myself that we aren't THAT stupid as a nation.
    But, Obama did manage to scam the last election with Acorn and the unions' help.
    Who knows?
    I'd still like to see Newt verbally destroy that anti-American fraud's teleprompter.
  • Leah abubinc... 2012/02/15 05:12:19 (edited)
    Leah
    Newt's voice is really annoying. Most people would get tired of hearing it and change the channel. And besides, most of the things he says is stupid. He might as well write his own attack ads.
  • abubinc... Leah 2012/02/15 05:28:55 (edited)
    abubincrazy
    You have your opinion.
    Most of the things he says is stupid?
    He is the smartest guy BY FAR on the stage.
    Far smarter than Obama and his puppeteers think they are.
  • aneed2know abubinc... 2012/02/15 07:26:59
    aneed2know
    oh please, you guys are delusional.
  • JustTheFacts 2012/02/15 03:21:08
    Rick Santorum
    JustTheFacts
    +1
    If it weren't for how stupid our electorate has become it should be......ANYBODY!!!!!

2014/04/21 09:49:02