Which Republican Presidential Candidate Has the Best Chance to Defeat President Obama?

Politics 2012/02/15 01:56:35
We know you want to make your opinion count -- especially during the time of a serious election. So, every week, SodaHead will host a handful of up-to-date polls having to do with the upcoming 2012 election.

Vote on this week's election questions below and make sure to come back every Tuesday to see how everyone voted -- and to receive a new batch of questions worth pondering. It's a great time to have an opinion. So, dive right in to our 2012 Election poll.

Read More: http://www.sodahead.com/survey/featured/2012-elect...

• Joeseph 2012/02/15 04:12:13
    Ron Paul
    Joeseph
    +17
    I would certainly hope Ron Paul would be able to win the election; America doesn't need another 'neo-conservative' to be President, like Bush-Cheney, or Romney, Santorum, Gingrich, or anyother Rockefeller Republican (which is what we have had since 1988)>

• The Patriot RP 2012 2012/02/15 11:44:48
    Ron Paul
    The Patriot RP 2012
    +7
    In a serious election we wouldn't have just Democrats and Republicans both of whom have controlled this country with corruption for far to long, if you are for serious reform, for Liberty and Freedom, getting out of debt, for stopping the needless deaths of our men and women in uniform in needless wars then Ron Paul is the only clear choice.

ron paul
  • DizziNY The Pat... 2012/02/15 12:21:05
  • The Pat... DizziNY 2012/02/15 14:55:18
    The Patriot RP 2012
    +2
    Love it!!!
  • DizziNY 2012/02/15 11:32:10 (edited)
    Ron Paul
    DizziNY
  • Classical Liberal 2012/02/15 11:29:32
    Ron Paul
    Classical Liberal
  • DavidK Classic... 2012/02/15 15:39:02
    DavidK
    So we all know that you "closet" liberals will vote for Obama once you realize Paul is NOT going to be the GOP nominee...... Besides, legalizing drugs would only be done on a State by State basis, so don't even think for a second that voting for Paul would be a smart choice. I guess you "closet liberals" will just have to continue to do your drugs illegally.
  • Classic... DavidK 2012/02/15 15:42:41 (edited)
    Classical Liberal
    +2
    I'm not a closet liberal, I'm a liberal.
    The bulk of the people you call liberal, and who call themselves liberal, are closet socialists. Of course so now are many so-called conservatives. Santorum specifically comes to mind.

I'm voting for the Libertarian candidate if Ron Paul's not the nominee, because only the libertarians stand for the liberal principles and wisdom of our most distinguished founding fathers.
  • DavidK Classic... 2012/02/15 15:44:59
    DavidK
    Again, a wasted vote.
  • Classic... DavidK 2012/02/15 15:49:14 (edited)
    Classical Liberal
    +2
    There are three ways to waste a vote:
    1) Vote for someone you know is going to screw you.
    2) Vote for someone who has already been screwing you.
    3) Don't vote at all.
  • Katfish Classic... 2012/02/15 19:42:41
    Katfish
    I like that.
  • MR. 2012/02/15 09:58:37
    Newt Gingrich
    MR.
    +1
    Still the most knowledgeable, and most effective debater by far,...Obama wouldn't have a chance on stage with him. (Has "anyone out there" watched at least "one" of the GOP debates yet,...probably not, by the responses I've been reading,...I see "there's no passion for politics", in the public of today, as was in,..."my generation!")
  • Pete 2012/02/15 09:50:59
    Newt Gingrich
    Pete
    +1
    Ron Paul is to old and is a wimp, he wouldn't stand a chance against oblama let along trying to cope with foreign affairs!
  • DizziNY Pete 2012/02/15 11:33:06
    DizziNY
    +3
    Typical answer from a newt supporter.
  • Pete DizziNY 2012/02/15 20:35:18
    Pete
    Couldn't expect anymore from a Paul supporter! At least your supporting some one. Thank you for your opinion! They all count.
  • Swany Pete 2012/02/15 16:38:37
    Swany
    +1
    Reagan was 80 when the Berlin wall came down.
  • Pete Swany 2012/02/15 20:33:00
    Pete
    Dam your history is good!
  • Swany Pete 2012/02/15 20:46:47
    Swany
    +1
    Hell, I was there, Les. Thx Reagan was a great president. He cared about the people.
  • Pete Swany 2012/02/15 20:38:03
    Pete
    +1
    Your good on your history, Just don't forget it, He was the best 20th century president you'll ever see. Thank you for your opinion, they all count!
  • l 2012/02/15 08:25:39
    Rick Santorum
    l
    +1
    If I had to vote today I would vote for Santorum.
  • Nabil Al-Murabit 2012/02/15 07:59:58
    Mitt Romney
    Nabil Al-Murabit
    The way their selection process is going, none of them. All of them are terribly flawed candidates. My tea bagging neighbor said that he when he thinks of them, he wants to cut his throat because they're so bad. He also said that he'll most likely stay home of Prick Santorum or Mittens O"Romney get the nomination
  • aneed2know 2012/02/15 07:22:09
    Newt Gingrich
    aneed2know
    Well since none of these people has a snow balls chance in hell, i am going to pick the one who wont even make it to hell.
  • DizziNY aneed2know 2012/02/15 11:40:14
  • Franklin DizziNY 2012/02/15 14:12:41
    Franklin
    its great when an Obama blocker troll posts and you answer with material right out of the Obama 2012 machine - LOL $10 says he is a a tool and you are a plant / that's 2 votes for Obama !
  • aneed2know DizziNY 2012/02/16 07:07:19 (edited)
    aneed2know
    tell the Undertaker wanna be , i have no problems debating him, just tell him to unblock me, because i did not block him? Pop quiz who is this?

Undertaker
  • Neil 2012/02/15 07:11:07
    Mitt Romney
    Neil
    Let's just be realistic ;)
  • August Spies 2012/02/15 06:19:52
    Rick Santorum
    August Spies
    +3
    Yes I want to make my opinion count. But if you want to really see what is going to happen, you need to put a "None of the Above" option. Santorum is right - it's a two person race now on the Republican side - Tweedle Dweeb (Mint RawMoney) and Tweedle Dumb (Rick "Google Me" Santorum). It may be true that more Americans self-identify as conservative than liberal, but at least the majority of Americans correctly identify themselves as sane. Which means given the choices above, Barack Obama will be our President for another 4 years.
  • Franklin August ... 2012/02/15 14:15:31
    Franklin
    nothing about voting for Obama is sane , but he will win - and America will never recover. Mitt Romney as an Obama clone but you can still say he is to conservative for you ! Awesome - Obama is a communist "globalist" but you can still pretend he is a moderate American ...thus ends a nation.
  • kitkat42 2012/02/15 05:50:54
    Ron Paul
    kitkat42
    NONE of them.
  • TheR 2012/02/15 05:43:53
    Rick Santorum
    TheR
    +1
    Actually the only one I like and who would win if they let him out of jail for telling the truth, is Bradley Manning for President.

Bradley Manning for President Photo
  • Pat 2012/02/15 05:37:49
    Mitt Romney
    +3
    I really don't think any of them can beat Obama.
  • Dannay ... Pat 2012/02/15 06:33:26
    Dannay Starr
    Obama cannot run on his record. He's shredded the Constitution for the last time. Americans are not going to put with this lunatic for another 4 years. In fact he should be impeached immediately.
  • Pat Dannay ... 2012/02/15 06:37:31
    +3
    Well, of course, I disagree with you. I think the President has been the only sane person in Washington. The GOP would rather have the economy destroyed than agree to anything that might benefit the American people and they have stonewalled legislation time and time again. I believe the vast majority of Americans see it this way and The president will be re-elected.
  • Dannay ... Pat 2012/02/15 08:10:39 (edited)
    Dannay Starr
    +1
    Sorry but Obama is the guy who has destroyed the Economy. You cannot blame the GOP for what the Anointed One has done and continues to do. The vast majority of Americans are smart enough to know that the GOVERNMENTS role is not to regulate every aspect of our lives. The ENTITLEMENT mindset is why were in the mess we are in. Do you not know that? This guy has shredded the Constitution, destroyed Jobs and has taxed the hell out of the people. Gas is going up. Food is going up, and more people are on food stamps and welfare than ever before. America cannot afford another 4 years of this SPEND TAX pRESIDENT.

He's a disaster.
    Santorum 2012

P.S. The GOP only has the House. The Liberal Left has the White House and the Senate. This mess is on them. Not the GOP.
  • DizziNY Dannay ... 2012/02/15 11:45:32 (edited)
    DizziNY
    +2
    Sanitarium is insane. He brought his dead baby home, introduced him to his young kids, sang to it, and took pictures with it. This man is mentally unstable imo, and should not be in charge of running a country.

santorum crazy

Crazy quotes from sanitarium:

When it comes to rape, Santorum said that women in such a position should not get an abortion, but instead welcome their "horrible gift from God."

“I don't want to make black people's lives better by giving them somebody else's money; I want to give them the opportunity to go out and earn the money.”

Later Santorum said he doesn’t remember saying that, retracting his statement:

“I’ve looked at that quote, in fact I looked at the video. In fact, I’m pretty confident I didn’t say black. I started to say is a word and then sort of changed and it sort of — blah — mumbled it and sort of changed my thought.”

"The [right] to privacy... doesn't exist in my opinion in the United States Constitution"
  • Dannay ... DizziNY 2012/02/15 17:25:54 (edited)
  • Pat Dannay ... 2012/02/15 21:03:42
    Well, you're wrong about who's responsible for the economy. It's the result of the unfunded G.W. war in Iraq (wrong country invaded by the way) and the simultaneous huge tax cuts for the wealthy and corporations. His wealthy buddies were the only ones making out on this deal while he tip toed through the Rose Garden with his family's Saudi friends. "Entitlements", those programs that Americans have paid into for decades to insure their future income, have not added one penny to the deficit. In fact, the fund had been plundered previously to help pay for other things. It is self supporting and will continue being self supporting with just a few minor tweeks.
    By the way, the "wars" were supposed to help ensure that our oil supply was not cut off and that prices would not go up to historical highs. Another bogus promise from G. W.
    Sorry but you are so wrong and the pity is you don't even know it.
  • Dannay ... Pat 2012/02/15 23:49:13 (edited)
    Dannay Starr
    Pat you may as well come to grips with the fact that The Anointed One is a failure. You and your Liberal Socialist Cronies along with that Miserable, Radical, Alinsky-Marx Socialist Muslim the pRESIDENT has screwed the American people and has shredded the Constitution. The American People has said********
     Enough

Tell me is the world better off with Saddam gone? Yes or No?
    WHEN are YOU going to start holding this pRESIDENT responsible for his failures? President Bush is no longer the Commander in Chief. President Bush is the FORMER COMMANDER in CHIEF.

Obama has screwed the American people
  • Pat Dannay ... 2012/02/15 23:54:46
    +1
    Actually, whether the world is better off without Saddam is a pretty bad example. First, we invaded a country that had nothing to do with 9/11. Was Saddam a sadistic brute? Of course, but that did not justify our sojourn into his country. In addition, that country is now disintegrating into muslim factions and will soon be involved in a civil war. As bad as Saddam was, he kept the religious zealots from killing each other. When we removed him, we gave these fanatics the go ahead to kill each other. Great job G.W.!
  • Dannay ... Pat 2012/02/16 00:18:59
    Dannay Starr
    We didn't invade. Its clear you don't know anything about that time period. Wasting my time trying to educate a liberal would be foolish. I would have better luck with a ROCK.

The fact that you DEFEND Saddam on any level disgusts me. Again your stupidity is appalling.

liberal foolish luck rock defend saddam level disgusts stupidity appalling Iraqi s thank bush Iraqi s thank bush
  • JERSEYDUDE Dannay ... 2012/02/16 23:01:38
    JERSEYDUDE
    oh you show the good but not the bad....propaganda at its finest !

2014/11/22 03:01:55