Which Republican Presidential Candidate Has the Best Chance to Defeat President Obama?

Politics 2012/02/15 01:56:35
We know you want to make your opinion count -- especially during the time of a serious election. So, every week, SodaHead will host a handful of up-to-date polls having to do with the upcoming 2012 election.

Vote on this week's election questions below and make sure to come back every Tuesday to see how everyone voted -- and to receive a new batch of questions worth pondering. It's a great time to have an opinion. So, dive right in to our 2012 Election poll.

Read More: http://www.sodahead.com/survey/featured/2012-elect...

• Joeseph 2012/02/15 04:12:13
    Ron Paul
    Joeseph
    +17
    I would certainly hope Ron Paul would be able to win the election; America doesn't need another 'neo-conservative' to be President, like Bush-Cheney, or Romney, Santorum, Gingrich, or anyother Rockefeller Republican (which is what we have had since 1988)>

• mjays sol 2012/02/21 02:36:25
    mjays
    +3
    Why, because you don't mind Obama winning again?
  • T. James H mjays 2012/02/21 05:10:37
  • sol mjays 2012/02/22 00:48:39
    sol
    Theres no way I would ever want Obama to win. I didn't vote for him last time.
  • mjays sol 2012/02/24 21:43:44
    mjays
    Don't you understand that by voting independent write-in, you will be giving your vote to Obama by removing it from the GOP candidate? I am frustrated enough by people who understand that but still insist on doing it. I am baffled by people who don't understand it at all.
  • sol mjays 2012/02/25 22:36:30
    sol
    Well you never know I might vote for the GOP. I've heard that if Romney wins he'd Ron Paul might be willing to be his VP. You also never know, maybe enough people vote for an Independent and they actually win. It's possible we have a Black President
  • mjays sol 2012/03/13 00:27:54
    mjays
    Yes, "maybe" is right on all your points, but I don't think RP's numbers support your 2nd "maybe". I would say your best bet is that he is VP under Romney. I hope you reconsider and don't give your vote to the Democrats on election day! We may not have many choices at all if they win again.
  • Bibliophilic 2012/02/20 23:54:25
    Mitt Romney
    Bibliophilic
    +4
    Ron Paul will not win, whether you want him to or not- he's too radical. Romney perhaps or Santorum (God,no). Hopefully none of these guys will win.
    Rick Santorum
    +1
    Mitt is good boosem buddies with the marxist
  • Jane jackola... 2012/02/21 00:30:12
    Jane
    +3
    How about none of the above.
  • I am me 2012/02/20 23:14:06
    Mitt Romney
    I am me
    +1
    Most likely Mitt. Though I would rather see someone more like Ron Paul. However, Santorum is too conservative and will alienate the moderates and the independents (he already is). Newt is just an around douche canoe. But even staunch conservatives will either not vote or hold their nose and vote for Romney just to get Obama out of the white house.
  • Donn Wright 2012/02/20 22:40:12 (edited)
    Ron Paul
    Donn Wright
    +2
    Unless gas prices hit record highs and the REAL economic numbers are released, none of them have a prayer.

With a billion dollar war chest and the mainstream media saying whatever takes to get him reelected, Obama is going to be damn hard to beat. He has too many people believing that spending more money is the answer and that we need to take it from the rich folks and give it to the poor. (and his rich buddies) Beware, he's no modern Robinhood!

Reality is that the Reb party doesn't have a candidate that is capable of defeating anybody. They are going to tear each other to pieces before Obama even gets started.

Romney? Give me a break. The guy has to read the polls to see what he needs to eat for breakfast.

Newt? Very smart and very dangerous. Obama will crucify him with the skeletons in his closet. By the time Obama's crew gets through with him, Newt couldn't win a debate with a third grader.

Santorum? If you think this guy would be good for us, maybe you need to ask the people in PA what they think of him. They know he was one of the most corrupt Congressmen in D.C., and that's saying a hell of a lot. If you want the best politician money can buy, he's your man. Or, if you are just itching for WWIII, by all means, vote for Rick!

Many people are afraid to vote for RP because the e...

Many people are afraid to vote for RP because the establishment has them convinced not to split the vote or Obama will win for sure. Hogwash! A vote for anyone else is just going to be the same old crap that has brought us to the brink of total financial collapse and taken away all of our personal freedoms. It's not going to make any difference whether we spend more money on bombs or entitlements, If we don't drastically cut what we are spending, this country is going to go the same way as Greece, only when we go, the whole world is going with us.

Do I think Paul can win? I don't believe enough people in this country will wake up in time to make that happen, unless................... there is Martial Law by the elections. Oh wait, when that happens, there won't be anymore elections and Obama will be the last "elected" president of the United States. Won't that be a wonderful addition to history?

America, you had better wake up and do it quickly. We are headed for a financial cliff with no brakes and our foot on the floor. You need to decide if you are going to vote for a man that will at least try to save us, or vote for one of the others that will take that last step into complete tyranny.

Ron Paul 2012!
  • peacelovesmiles 2012/02/20 22:39:29
    Ron Paul
    peacelovesmiles
    +2
    AAHHH, why is there no "None of the above."? Anyhow, if any of them, I pick Ron. Seems like he's the only one who cares...Newt Gingrich is a cheap liar, Mitt Romney is too full of himself and Rick..
  • Met 2012/02/20 20:42:45
    Ron Paul
    Met
    +4
    None of them, and you're so retarded you forgot to include the winning answer.

They can't even beat romney, and you think one of them has a shot at beating Obama?

I feel that when the general election comes, and it's finally time to tally Obama's 1st term score, there's gonna be some very surprised conservatives. And some very broke conservatives who ain't president.
  • unaff Met 2012/02/20 21:35:41
    unaff
    +1
    Too quick on the name calling. Understanding the question shouldn't have been too hard. Hint: '...the best chance to...'
  • Met unaff 2012/02/21 04:05:39 (edited)
  • Blunder... Met 2012/02/21 08:55:29
    BlunderWoman ~ FTGOP~ BN 0
    +1
    "The one that basically works out to "none of those fcking morons you dipsht". Unfortunately that answer, the correct answer, wasn't listed." I heart you so hard when you tell it like it is!
  • unaff Met 2012/02/21 17:19:26
    unaff
    Glad to see you owning up to not reading the actual poll question before spouting your hate and name-calling. I'm proud of you.
  • Devonly 2012/02/20 20:29:17
    Newt Gingrich
    Devonly
    +2
    I am supporting Paul, but I think in a debate Gingrich would eat up BO and spit him out. I don't believe any of the other candidates debate all that well as Gingrich.
  • Met Devonly 2012/02/21 04:13:53 (edited)
    Met
    +2
    Why do you think newt would win a debate? because he strong arms his opponents in debates and talks about the slant of topic he wants to, and so far only Mitt Romney has shown he alone had the balls enough to call Gingrich on his own hypocritical bullsht? News flash, dumb southern conservative wanna-be cowboys are the only one's who fall for that, it makes them feel better for selling out every tenet of their religion to keep from having to vote for a black man.

Obama has easily dispatched competitors with very similar styles, who also had better work and personal records than newt. Obama would win every election by simply saying "so he can further explain why being run out of Washington amid scandals of ethics violations and becoming a lobbyist for a company who's famous lapse of ethics, coupled with it's cronyism of our legislative system left the world in a recession qualifies him to be the anti-thesis to the Washington insider he claims to be, I seed the rest of my time to the disgraced former speaker".

Also, to clue you in, a vote for Ron Paul is a vote to hand controlling interest of the world over to China and her allies. I know it's fun to think everyone will play nice with America even after we dismantle our armed forces, and remove them from the places in the wor...

Also, to clue you in, a vote for Ron Paul is a vote to hand controlling interest of the world over to China and her allies. I know it's fun to think everyone will play nice with America even after we dismantle our armed forces, and remove them from the places in the world they need to be at to protect us and our interests.

At least if you vote for Newt, we may all be living in a forced labor police state in 8 years, but we'll still exist.

Pitty what the republican party came too, those are your best two choices, forced labor police state in 8 years, or non-existent as a country. Unfortunately you don't get healthcare in either scenario.

[...]
  • DM Twin Met 2012/02/21 18:36:35
  • America... Devonly 2012/02/21 22:10:19
    American☆Atheist
    Newt sucks at debating, he thinks he is smarter than he is.
  • HOMBRE 2012/02/20 19:04:29
    Rick Santorum
    HOMBRE
    +2
    I still say any of the above. Don't pay attention to the phony polls or libtarded news.They all In Obama commode working for them. When it comes down to it when people have the name of who is running against Obama we will be listening of the excuses why Obama lost.I hope you libs come attacking my comment you will make my day? LOL
  • Kaimeso 2012/02/20 18:40:14
    Newt Gingrich
    Kaimeso
    +2
    Sadly, I fear it will be "None of the Above",...
  • SABLE 2012/02/20 17:11:11
    Mitt Romney
    SABLE
    +3
    None of them. Too far right and too much for fat cats
  • jere.chievres 2012/02/20 16:41:07
    Mitt Romney
    jere.chievres
    +1
    I would prefer Perry, but I see the paulbots are out in force, he will not win.
  • Swany jere.ch... 2012/02/20 18:18:41
    Swany
    +3
    As a former 58 year old democrat I'm voting for Ron even if I have to write him in. freedom ron paul
  • JERSEYDUDE jere.ch... 2012/02/20 18:42:23
    JERSEYDUDE
    +1
    Romney will lose against Obama....if Romney is "GIVEN" the nomination ill be sure to come back here and say "I TOLD YOU SO" in November
  • WmartRamen 2012/02/20 16:13:36
    Newt Gingrich
    WmartRamen
    +4
    Obama will win? Why Because these stupid Repubicans want Obama to fix things in 1 year! Like it didin't take Bill 8 years to get us out of old man Bush's spending!
    And with Bush JR it might take bill 16 years. And Obama has been here 3 years! TARTED!
    did it

You know Obama will win at least he didin't put a dog on his roof!
    ( http://www.petside.com/articl... )
    Obama is going to win!
    red for Obama
  • Riobhca 2012/02/20 15:56:51 (edited)
    Mitt Romney
    Riobhca
    I would gladly vote for Ron Paul and he would by my first choice, however, I am afraid that he wouldn't have as good a chance at winning the general election as Romney. Romney would not be my first choice, but I think that he's liberally-inclined enough to appeal to a wider spectrum of voters.
  • Donn Wr... Riobhca 2012/02/20 22:47:16
    Donn Wright
    That's very true. Romney is liberal enough to run on the Democratic ticket. What good would a vote for him do?
  • beavith1 2012/02/20 15:09:49
    Newt Gingrich
    beavith1
    +1
    any one of them, but i'll pick Newt.
  • wulfsong 2012/02/20 14:43:28
    Mitt Romney
    wulfsong
    +2
    There should have been a none of the above option. I don't think any of them could beat Obama if they were to go head to head with him right now. They are spending too much time, money, and energy on spiteful, hate mongering campaigns so all Obama has to do is sit back and let them tear eachother up.
  • Meg 2012/02/20 14:34:50
    Mitt Romney
    Meg
    +3
    This is laughable! A majority of people cannot possibly believe that Ron Paul is the most viable contender against Obama. Actuallly, anyone but Romney would be like a gift from baby Jesus. Bring on the morons!
  • mac9 2012/02/20 13:44:48
    Newt Gingrich
    mac9
    +6
    Please....anyone of the above. DEFEAT OBAMA for the sake of the country.
  • cjj ~ FTGOP 2012/02/20 08:03:40
    Mitt Romney
    cjj ~ FTGOP
    +2
    After all, FUX has already decided he's the Pub's guy. It's a done deal.
  • explorer1618 2012/02/20 07:24:18 (edited)
    Ron Paul
    explorer1618
    +1
    Have you got a real prospect in mind or just taking a FOX? want to be !!!!
  • Manwé 2012/02/20 07:03:08
    Mitt Romney
    Manwé
    +1
    Thankfully a majority of the primary and caucus attending Republicans don't like him.
  • BlackwinterG36C 2012/02/20 03:56:12
    Newt Gingrich
    BlackwinterG36C
    +5
    ANY OF THEM has the chance to beat Obama!!! Because people forgot what happened the last time we had a president THIS unpopular.
    Obama carter
  • mowerman-back to bust libs 2012/02/20 02:42:32
    Rick Santorum
    mowerman-back to bust libs
    +2
    Paulies make me LOL RP will never be President. They should pick out someone else to vote for.
  • JERSEYDUDE mowerma... 2012/02/20 03:50:33
    JERSEYDUDE
    funny coming from a Santorum supporter being that Santorum has the least chance of beating Obama in a general

2014/10/23 20:06:57