Which party's policies will do more to help the financially stressed American middle class?

jt 2012/08/25 15:57:48
Romney/Ryan Plan
Obama/Biden Plan

"In January 2009, the month President Obama entered the Oval Office and shortly before he signed his stimulus spending bill, median household income was $54,983. By June 2012, it had tumbled to $50,964, adjusted for inflation. (See the chart nearby.) That's $4,019 in lost real income, a little less than a month's income every year.

Unfair, you say, because Mr. Obama inherited a recession? Well, even if you start the analysis when the recession ended in June 2009, the numbers are dismal. Three years after the economy hit its trough, median household income is down $2,544, or nearly 5%."

A fwd article: -jt
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702303822204577468...

• ComeOnNow 2012/08/25 17:59:18
    Romney/Ryan Plan
    ComeOnNow
    +44
    Every democrat policy kills jobs. As Europe crumbles due to the same failed policies, the morons keep pushing them. Either democrats are freqking oblivious or do selfish that they are just fine with destroying this country for our children so they don't have to take any personal responsibility.

• akgold 2012/08/30 18:15:19
    Romney/Ryan Plan
    akgold
    +1
    Government can not employ the middle class to prosperity, only the private sector can do that.
  • Cindy64~PATRIOT WARRIOR 2012/08/29 05:32:50
    Romney/Ryan Plan
    Cindy64~PATRIOT WARRIOR
    +2
    Obama the MARXIST does NOT CARE but wants to DESTROY America and HURT EVERY AMERICAN !! GO WATCH THE DOUCMENTARY 2016 And you will see the TRUE OBAMA and what he TRULY wants to do to America. God hlep us and i mean that if he wins!! But he will NOT AMERICANS HAVE HAD ENOUGH of MARXIST OBAMA-SLIME !! ROMNEY WILL WIN!! ROMNEY IN 2013
  • Tasine 2012/08/28 13:08:13 (edited)
    Romney/Ryan Plan
    Tasine
    +3
    The Gary Johnson or the Ron Paul Presidency could do more for this country than either of the two major parties ever offer. They both want small federal government. They both actually believe in the US Constitution. They both would bring home as many troops as would be logically possible. They wouldn't always resort to armed conflict, but either would go to war if actually needed. Both would lower taxes for everyone. Both would provide a friendly atmosphere for businesses to flourish, even though the left would despise them for it. Neither is afraid to do what MUST be done.

That said, Romney/Ryan will be so far superior to what we have now, that people will be shocked at the difference - but those who expect to see this train wreck turn around inside a couple of months will be disappointed. Massive destruction is each and fast. Building things takes more time than does destroying them. Both Romney and Ryan understand what works and what doesn't work.

All of this is said with the assumption we will actually have a Presidential election any time soon.
  • perks-a real PATRIOT 2012/08/28 13:04:48
    Romney/Ryan Plan
    perks-a real PATRIOT
    +4
    Capitalist policies have been proven time and time again to be better for humankind than communist policies!!
  • Cindy64... perks-a... 2012/08/29 05:33:45
    Cindy64~PATRIOT WARRIOR
    +2
    So very TRUE my friend !!
  • perks-a... Cindy64... 2012/08/29 11:21:27
    perks-a real PATRIOT
    +2
    I'm sick of communists in my country!!
  • Cindy64... perks-a... 2012/08/29 22:30:41
    Cindy64~PATRIOT WARRIOR
    +3
    Same here my dear same here and we SURE do have them in WAS. D. C. !! I saw that documentary 2016 oh my Gosh... you see the TRUE Obama . If you are able to Go see it oh my GOSH!!! EVERY American should see it!! What Obama has done so far is NOTHING to what he WHATS to do!!
  • Annie~Pro American~Pro Israel 2012/08/28 12:52:15
    Romney/Ryan Plan
    Annie~Pro American~Pro Israel
    +4
    Definitely, the Romney-Ryan duo will do the most for the economy.
  • seadog6608PWCM 2012/08/28 08:20:39
  • RG 2012/08/28 03:00:01
    Romney/Ryan Plan
    RG
    +5
    Even Democrats acknowledged that Obama's Plan bombed.
  • jimmy d 2012/08/27 23:45:55
    Romney/Ryan Plan
    jimmy d
    +5
    obummer's doesn't have a plan. He just buys votes on the taxpayer's dime......
  • Cindy64... jimmy d 2012/08/29 05:34:14
    Cindy64~PATRIOT WARRIOR
    YEP !!!
    Romney/Ryan Plan
    +7
    Because Romney and Ryan HAVE a plan. Obama and Biden have nothing but vapor. Nothing they've released, anyway.
  • shadow76 2012/08/27 10:31:04
    Romney/Ryan Plan
    shadow76
    +7
    Was June 2009 when the depression started? because I didn't notice any improvement!
    Romney/Ryan Plan
    +9
    Hands down--get america working, lower fuel prices, drop Obama care--wow what a win win!
  • Flamingolady 2012/08/27 03:17:03
    Romney/Ryan Plan
    Flamingolady
    +9
    I sure hope that the computer that has correctly picked who wins the election since 1980 is right this time! PLEASE! Enough of the amateur and his BS.
  • Captain-Morgan 2012/08/27 01:48:46
    Romney/Ryan Plan
    Captain-Morgan
    +7
    LOOKS TO ME LIKE " THE PEOPLE ARE WAKING UP AND SMELLING THE BLACK COFFEE." AND IT'S SOCIALIST REVOLUTION.. LESS WE ELECT ROMNEY & RYAN...
  • Edwin 2012/08/27 00:28:08
    Obama/Biden Plan
    Edwin
    +3
    How is this a question? Romney's stated policies will lower taxes on the rich and generate more revenue by cutting programs giving tax reductions to the middle class.

How is that going to help the middle class?

But... the question is also silly, because SH is overwhelmingly populated by conservatives, and no conservative would say ANYTHING good about Obama. The conservative posters here are so anti-Obama that they might love a plan by Ryan or Romney, but if Obama stated the exact same plan they would consider it unconstitutional or insolvent or just plain anti-American... not Obama's implementation, mind you, but the policy itself.

It happened when Reid proposed a budget that was virtually identical to the republican plan -- the conservatives who loved it before now hated it. The only thing new was the person who supported it.
  • Captain... Edwin 2012/08/27 01:57:58 (edited)
    Captain-Morgan
    +6
    REID HAS NEVER PROPOSED A CONSERVATIVE BUDGET IN HIS WHOLE LIFE...FACT IS THE DEMOCRATS HAVE HAD NO BUDGET IN THREE AND A HALF YEARS.. AND I BELIEVE YOUR ALSO WRONG ON WHO STARTED SH SITE.. IT WAS THE LEFT WING PROGRESSIVE LIBERALS.. AND I'VE SEEN THE SHIFT GO FROM LEFT TO THE RIGHT IN THE LAST YEAR.. YOU WILL SEE HOW FREE MARKETS REALLY WORK NEXT YEAR OR TWO WITH ROMNEY & RYAN AT THE HELM OF STATE... LOL..

P.S. I HAVE KNOWN HARRY REID FOR MORE THAT FORTY YEARS IN NEVADA...
    HE WAS THE MOB'S BOSSES POCKET WATCH ON THE NEVADA GAMING BOARD.
  • Edwin Captain... 2012/08/27 04:41:59
    Edwin
    +2
    I'm not claiming Reid is a nice, sweet man who only does honorable things. From what I have heard (which is really not much), he can be truly vicious, even underhanded. If he had connections to the mob it wouldn't shock me (though I'd bet they were easily deniable).

The budget I'm referring to happened last summer (2011). Boehner proposed a budget, which was rejected by democrats and some republicans. The democratic Senate proposed an alternative, which was attacked by republicans. As deadlines loomed, Reid then proposed a budget that was nearly identical to Boehner's, which was attacked by the republicans who had voted for it before. The only real difference was that it was proposed by Reid instead of Boehner -- it was pretty much the same otherwise.

There were a few differences, but those were not the pieces that the GOP complained about. They were upset that Reid did not cut MORE than Boehner. Basically, the GOP decided that if the democrats agreed to what the GOP demanded, then the GOP should demand more. That mentality ultimately made the democrats withdraw their offer, because they realized anything they agreed to would be rejected. The GOP smelled blood and saw no reason to compromise -- because compromise would help the economy and therefore help Obama (they even said this).

So... I'm not claiming Reid is a saint, or even decent, but at least he put America before his party's agenda (unlike the republicans at the time).
  • shadow76 Edwin 2012/08/27 10:35:26
    shadow76
    +3
    That is so much Baloney!
  • Edwin shadow76 2012/08/27 19:31:06
    Edwin
    Which part -- the factual parts that are documented on record, or the interpretation?

I realize it happened a little over a year ago, but it is truthful and factual information. How is it you cannot remember facts that occurred about 13 months ago?
  • shadow76 Edwin 2012/08/28 01:59:14
    shadow76
    +3
    He has never put anything ahead of his party agenda! He has committed crimes on The Senate floor!
  • Edwin shadow76 2012/08/28 04:52:24
    Edwin
    I do not remember any investigation into his supposed crimes on the Senate floor (please remind me what crime he committed, when it happened, and who claimed it was a crime).

But regardless, your points -- whether true or not -- have nothing to do with my point. Even if he is a party animal, and a criminal to boot (though clearly neither accused nor convicted), he still did what I said -- he DID put forth the budget I mentioned. It is fact, it is on record. And it was virtually identical to the one Boehner put forth, which republicans voted for in droves.

But for the same thing with Reid's name on it, they said no.
  • shadow76 Edwin 2012/08/28 11:03:36
    shadow76
    +1
    Making all those false allegations about Romney's taxes on the Senate floor.
  • Edwin shadow76 2012/08/30 07:01:14
    Edwin
    I think it is worth noting two things:

1) those allegations were not proven false. To be criminal they must be false, and the intent must have been to defame Romney's name (which would be easy to demonstrate). It is highly irregular to make such accusations on the Senate floor -- certainly not in keeping with traditional decorum (though one might say that is long gone, having departed when Representative Wilson yelled "you lie!" during Obama's State of the Union Speech a while back).

I am not a legal expert, but I am confident that no legal investigation was pursued regarding these statements. So Reid was clearly not found guilty of a crime.

2) regardless, that has no bearing on my argument. Reid's criminality has no bearing on the fact that he put forth essentially the same budget as Boehner, nor does it change the fact that republicans voted FOR it when it had Boehner's name and AGAINST it when it had Reid's.

They did not mind the budget content -- they just didn't like the idea of agreeing with democrats.
  • shadow76 Edwin 2012/08/30 13:52:15
    shadow76
    He and owebama would get a free pass if they were caught on camera killing someone!
  • Edwin shadow76 2012/08/31 18:46:43
    Edwin
    I wish you luck dealing with your anger at Obama. It seems to be all you think about.
  • shadow76 Edwin 2012/09/01 06:22:08
    shadow76
    What anger?
  • Edwin shadow76 2012/09/01 18:44:53
    Edwin
    Anyone who thinks about Obama killing someone on camera and getting away with it obsesses about Obama, and not in a happy way.
  • shadow76 Edwin 2012/09/02 00:25:46
    shadow76
    That just came to mind as I was typing it, because it is true. how can you avoid him? He is all over TV all the time.
  • Edwin shadow76 2012/09/07 05:00:33
    Edwin
    You must live in a swing state. I am sorry.

Until this election, my state was not considered really purple -- I live in Wisconsin. Because the (jerk) Romney picked a running mate from Wisconsin, we are now purple and thus inundated by ads. I'd almost prefer living in Texas -- they probably don't have to see as many political ads.
  • shadow76 Edwin 2012/09/07 06:56:16 (edited)
    shadow76
    Yes I do Colorado. Denver is democrat the rest of state red. I have solution watch show on demand fastforward ads.
  • Edwin shadow76 2012/09/07 14:42:23
    Edwin
    Or on TiVo (or whatever it is called). My dad can instantly record shows as he watches them, so they record in real time. It IS handy for skipping ads.

Even so, you we both will still have to deal with uncountable numbers of politician visits, print ads, and radio pundits who think it is important to interrupt songs to give political opinions...

At least neither of us live in Ohio or Florida -- both must-wins for probably both parties. Wisconsin and Colorado are important, but not as much.
  • shadow76 Edwin 2012/09/07 16:14:21
    shadow76
    I had one of those too that was handy! Those poor states are probably already bombarded with them!
  • Edwin shadow76 2012/09/08 01:09:31
    Edwin
    +1
    In a few election cycles, I think the campaign will start before the candidates even take office! Non-stop campaigning -- that's the future... sigh...
  • shadow76 Edwin 2012/09/08 01:39:11
    shadow76
    +1
    NOOOOOOooooooooo! AAAAHHHHHHHH!
  • Tasine Edwin 2012/08/28 13:14:08
    Tasine
    +2
    Democrats don't investigate democrats - they only investigate republicans.
  • Edwin Tasine 2012/08/30 07:03:53
    Edwin
    Not completely true -- democrats DO investigate democrats. I can think of two cases recently, though I forget the exact names... Rangle (New York) and in Louisiana -- he had money in his freezer. Both cases were pursued by democrats -- and there were others, too.

But you are right that each party tends to overlook *some* things its own members do. The republicans don't investigate republicans much, either.
  • Tasine Edwin 2012/08/30 10:42:17
    Tasine
    +1
    Personally? I believe it is time to investigate every politician in both parties and find out exactly what they are doing for this nation. Not to mention what they are doing TO it.

2014/10/25 23:35:08