Which party is responsible for the financial problems our country faces today?

smilinbobs 2012/04/28 00:00:20
Democrats- With their entitlement programs
GOP- With the tax breaks for the rich
Both party's have played large rolls (equal blame)
There are many conflicting views on the situation. Many here on SH blame one side or the other but who really caused the trillions in debt and the massive spending still going on. Is it even possible to fix it does either side have a plan?

• Bozette 2012/04/28 01:29:05
    Bozette
    +6
    Instead of worrying about who is to blame, how about we fix it?

• s2k 2013/05/26 04:56:28
    s2k
    +1
    Both parties have contributed to the problems at hand.
  • Tennessee3501 2012/05/06 01:23:10
    Tennessee3501
    +1
    Both parties should be ashamed!
  • CREW grand 2012/04/29 07:22:56
    GOP- With the tax breaks for the rich
    CREW grand
    +1
    There may be conflicting opinions or views, but that doesn't change the facts:
    Republican presidents have caused approximately $12 trillion of the current $15T+ debt.
    The only increase under Clinton was due to interest expense, and everyone else prior to Obama was Republican, so how can these morons blame Democrats when the Debt was less than $1 trillion when Reagan took office, and $12 trillion when Obama took over?

Don
  • John James 2012/04/29 02:32:34
    John James
    Spending is the problem
  • Ron in Oregon 2012/04/28 21:41:06
    Ron in Oregon
    +1
    The Democrat party is absolutely the worst of the bunch.
  • smilinbobs Ron in ... 2012/04/29 08:27:19
    smilinbobs
    what makes them worse than the GOP?
  • Ron in ... smilinbobs 2012/04/29 15:01:56
    Ron in Oregon
    +1
    I have always been independent but I find the teeter totter to be out of balance at this point of time.
    But I am very anti socialist.
  • smilinbobs Ron in ... 2012/04/30 04:11:14
    smilinbobs
    I am with you on the anti socialist sentiment, I feel that both parties have pushed in that direction. GOP with things like the Patriot Act. And Dems with their regulating everything to death. It seems like there is no way to prevent the USA from becoming a socialist republic.
  • HAlex1972 2012/04/28 19:38:37
    HAlex1972
    +1
    Both Dems and Repubs are responsible for the wreckless free trade policies that have destroyed the opportunites for good jobs and destroyed the opportunites to start a small business. Who can compete with a company that uses overseas workers that work for slave wages?
  • 16 2012/04/28 16:17:12
    16
    +1
    Let's just fix it.
  • John James 16 2012/04/29 02:33:00
    John James
    To Late.
  • smilinbobs 16 2012/04/29 08:21:46
    smilinbobs
    how? nobody seems to have a plan that will work
  • 16 smilinbobs 2012/04/29 19:11:38
    16
    +1
    I personally believe us as people, whether being democratic or republican, simply look for the government to fix everything for us. We continue to fill our needs instead of cutting back on somethings and saving. Trucks have been selling their highest even though people CONSTANTLY complain about their lack of money. It's honestly a disgrace. Taxes have been there lowest in three years yet, people still complain. But I'm glad I live in America instead of some third world country.
  • smilinbobs 16 2012/04/30 04:38:13
    smilinbobs
    +1
    So true, many people do look to government to fix things but they are really bad at fixing anything. I have just been hoping that they don't devalue the dollar to a point that my retirement isn't enough to retire on since they are running the social security system in the ground.
  • BlackwinterG36C 2012/04/28 14:47:52
    BlackwinterG36C
    +3
    Lets see the 2 men directly responsable for our economic problems are Barney Frank and Chris Dodd. Obama Reid Pelosi's "Stimulus Package" which was nothing more than a slush fund and blank check for democrat pet projects. And of course Obamacare which will kill the medical industry and put everyone into debt because, "We have to pass it to know what's in it".

Why isn't anything made in the USA anymore? Democrats. There is SO much red tape, regulations, taxes, etc that is impossible to manufacture ANYTHING in this country. Thats why EVERYTHING is made in China now. Just look at Michigan how can ONE state be in a recession while the rest of the country is fine? Run by Democrats.

The list goes on. But the point is Democrats/Liberals are THE most counterproductive force in the country. Because they are anti-capitalists and "Big" anything is automatically evil.
  • Tasine 2012/04/28 14:22:38
    Tasine
    +1
    Neither Party cares one whit about America or its citizens. Both are jaded and should be retired. The Democrat Party is the more craven one, and the Republican Party is the wimpy one that enables the Democrat Party's craven wishes. I wish both would drop off the face of the earth.

No way will our country get fixed by this crowd of unindicted criminals. It will be fixed either by the people without financial gain OR it will stay broken. As long as we live with a centralized government with the power to control individuals' lives, we will be living in hell. Their power MUST BE CURTAILED, sharply and soon.
    GOP- With the tax breaks for the rich
    +2
    But in the end BOTH parties weren't saints...
  • smilinbobs Lady Wh... 2012/04/28 10:37:22
    smilinbobs
    +2
    You would think that these politicians would be intelligent enough to realize that like at home you can spend more than you make for long or you will dig a financial hole that you can't get out of.
  • Lady Wh... smilinbobs 2012/04/28 11:00:03
    agreed
  • tommyg - POTL- PWCM-JLA 2012/04/28 04:39:33
    tommyg - POTL- PWCM-JLA
    +2
    How about we fix it instead of pointing fingers.
  • smilinbobs tommyg ... 2012/04/28 10:34:44
    smilinbobs
    +1
    I don't think that either side has any plan for fixing things, do you?
  • tommyg ... smilinbobs 2012/04/28 19:18:36
    tommyg - POTL- PWCM-JLA
    +2
    My main concern is fiscal soundness. Ryan's plan is hash but effective.

I see absolutely no effective plan by the Dems. Tax the rich all you want, it's the spending that needs to be dealt with.
  • smilinbobs tommyg ... 2012/04/29 08:44:29
    smilinbobs
    +1
    If only the politicians could see that the uncontrolled spending needs to stop
  • Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of ... 2012/04/28 04:05:54
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    +3
    Everyone is to blame, the feds, the American people, both parties, etc....
  • JanHopkins 2012/04/28 04:02:20
    JanHopkins
    +1
    Both parties have been spending our tax dollars like drunken lords. (your Satan pix really tempted me)
  • smilinbobs JanHopkins 2012/04/28 10:26:04
    smilinbobs
    +1
    thanks,I couldn't resist using the satan pic.
  • ur XLNC-PWCM 2012/04/28 04:00:42
    ur XLNC-PWCM
    +3
    Demmican's and Republicrat's are in it for themselves. We are the source of the wealth they collect. The people that play into the ideological nonsense are the tools for the rape of this nation and its ultimate destruction. And YES, the big corporations are responsible for creating the most cooperative Congress that money CAN buy! This nation, as we knew it, is NOT going to survive. We have fiat money that is worth no more than the reliability of our elected officials and the unConstitutional FED! We ARE going to default and the U.S. dollar is not going to be the base for global exchange. We have less than 10 years.....considerably less time. IF there is any hope....it would be the ELECTION of Ron Paul. Anyone else is just more of the same!
  • smilinbobs ur XLNC... 2012/04/28 10:31:59
    smilinbobs
    +2
    You are so right, I have tried to make sure that I am prepared for the dollar to be worth almost nothing or close to nothing. The politicians don't seem too concerned with the future just what they can get right now
  • Flamingo Flame Gem *AFCL* 2012/04/28 03:54:47
    Flamingo Flame Gem *AFCL*
    +1
    Yes the have but the dems will never take blame .
  • smilinbobs Flaming... 2012/04/28 03:57:50
    smilinbobs
    +2
    Both parties always blame the other it helps them to sleep at night.
  • Welshtaff 2012/04/28 03:51:52
    Welshtaff
    DEMOCROOKS.
  • ManBearPig 2012/04/28 03:20:43
    ManBearPig
    +1
    never once has there been a huge crisis where one side is solely to blame... both parties have their faults in our financial crisis of '08
  • santa6642 2012/04/28 02:49:29
    santa6642
    +2
    with their union munions.
  • Tink123 2012/04/28 02:49:01 (edited)
    Tink123
    +3
    The Federal Reserve is responsible for the financial problems because it controls the money supply / interest rates. Congress, regardless of what party occupies it, is merely an enabler.
  • CHUCK 2012/04/28 01:47:38
    CHUCK
    +3
    ALL POLITICAL PARTIES ARE TO BLAME. ** . EXCEPT THE TEA PARTY.. **

Photobucket
  • BabyBear 2012/04/28 01:44:15
    BabyBear
    +2
    And for this I blame the citizens. Tired of losing jobs to 3rd world countries - DON'T BUY THE PRODUCTS. Bankers screwed people with ARM's - DON'T SIGN IT, tired of corrupt politicians - QUIT VOTING THEM IN. It's been long enough... people need to realize the true power of the masses, you really want to hurt a business, don't pay for their services, and so on... Like my grandmother told me: "Hit 'em where it hurt!"
  • Bozette BabyBear 2012/04/28 01:51:33
    Bozette
    +1
    So true. I have a list of places/products I do not shop/buy for various reasons. I shop mostly locally owned businesses so that money stays in my community. This is a factory town, and despite the number of factories that have been lost and how it has devastated the economy here, you still see the union workers hit Wally World to spend their paychecks...all the while complaining about job losses because people don't buy American made cars...apparently they can't apply the concept to other industries and see how they are sending jobs overseas.
  • Bozette 2012/04/28 01:29:05
    Bozette
    +6
  • smilinbobs Bozette 2012/04/28 03:30:52
    smilinbobs
    +1
    It doesn't appear that either side has any good answers for the future. The Dems don't want to make cuts necessary to fix things and the GOP doesn't think that the wealthy should pay more taxes.
  • Bozette smilinbobs 2012/04/28 03:35:31
    Bozette
    +2
    Agreed, but to truly fix things it will take more than what each side wants, even if they were added together.

2014/10/25 16:12:05