Which of the Following Presidential Candidates Do You Currently Support?

Politics 2012/04/24 20:54:51
We know you want to make your opinion count -- especially during the time of a serious election. So, every week, SodaHead will host a handful of up-to-date polls having to do with the upcoming 2012 election.

Vote on this week's election questions below and make sure to come back every Tuesday to see how everyone voted -- and to receive a new batch of questions worth pondering. It's a great time to have an opinion. So, dive right in to our 2012 Election poll.

Read More: http://www.sodahead.com/survey/featured/2012-elect...

• Live Fr... LAAD Gu... 2012/05/02 17:01:30
    Live Free Or Die
    I like Obama well enough, but as far as evil goes I think he's the lesser of two evils.
  • LAAD Gu... Live Fr... 2012/05/02 17:05:42
    LAAD Gunner - USMC
    I see...my personal view is that they are both evil, and to be precise I would probably say that Obama is more evil, even if just slightly. All in all though I do not like either of them. As far as Im concerned the only true hope for America this election cycle is Ron Paul. Believe me when I say this, America will not last much longer if it continues down the path that it is on, and the path will remain the same whether it is Barack driving the train or it is Mitt Romney.
  • Live Fr... LAAD Gu... 2012/05/02 17:35:28
    Live Free Or Die
    I'm more worried about 2016 with the Citizen's United decision that corporations can donate as much money as they wish without disclosure. It's at work this time, but will determine the next election in a way we've never seen before.
  • LAAD Gu... Live Fr... 2012/05/02 18:03:21
    LAAD Gunner - USMC
    Elections and policy are already decided that way, sure we might see it get a tad worse but it already happens on a major level. Both Obama and Romney receive A LOT of dirty money.
  • Live Fr... LAAD Gu... 2012/05/02 19:11:35
    Live Free Or Die
    You're assuming a lot and I'm not sure I agree with you, that it was the same before this election and that it won't make much difference.
  • LAAD Gu... Live Fr... 2012/05/02 23:07:43
    LAAD Gunner - USMC
    It won't make much difference. It's been a long time since an election has truly been decided by the people.
  • Live Fr... LAAD Gu... 2012/05/03 13:28:00
    Live Free Or Die
    Propaganda, commercials and brainwashing supported by corporate and political interests have long been how the system has worked. Still, I think this will make it worse. Just look at what they did to Ron Paul, and got away with it.
  • LAAD Gu... Live Fr... 2012/05/03 15:11:34
  • Live Fr... LAAD Gu... 2012/05/03 15:23:13
    Live Free Or Die
    I agree with you about the voting and delegate fraud. I also agree that Fox News dismissed Paul, as did MSNBC, for the most part (though they will sometimes point it out, they still do it themselves also). I believe Ron Paul should stay in. The mass media believes they fooled everyone, but they have not.
  • LAAD Gu... Live Fr... 2012/05/03 17:12:11
    LAAD Gunner - USMC
    +1
    Yep I absolutely agree. And it's not just Fox News and MSNBC, it's all MSM outlets. Fox News is the right-wing misinformation center and MSNBC is the left-wing misinformation center along with CNN and most others. Fox News is just about the only right-wing leaning news center. But yes Ron Paul should stay in, and I know he will until it's all over. The passionate Ron Paul supporters are aware of all the misinformation out there and we know that Ron Paul is doing better than what we are being told.
  • Live Fr... LAAD Gu... 2012/05/03 17:21:45
    Live Free Or Die
    +1
    Very true.
  • Willie 2012/04/25 05:16:25
    Newt Gingrich
    Willie
    +2
    I gave a presposterous answer because this is a preposterous question. Mitt Romney is the Republican candidate. If Ron Paul decides to run as a Libertarian or Independent candidate, he's just handing the election to Obama the way Ross Perot handed it to Clinton in '92 and '96.

Newt, by the way, is not running. He's just on a subsidized book tour, gathering as much publicity as he can at the expense of those dumb enough to donate money toward it.
  • Windy Willie 2012/05/02 00:55:44
    Windy
    Mitt is not fit for the presidiency, Newt is ending his campaign. Rep. Ron Paul is gathering delegates at a faster rate than Mitt and everyone should know by now that it is delegates who win the nomination for a candidate, not votes in primaries or caucuses. Only the delegates who are elected on behalf of a candidate at the State conventions and sent to the national convention determine the nomination, and Ron Paul is sweeping State convention delegates.
  • Willie Windy 2012/05/02 15:40:56
    Willie
    I promise you this: Ron Paul will NOT get the Republican nomination. It's not going to happen. I know how his followers like to spin the results, and I know about delegates and primaries and caucuses, but I also know political reality, and the reality is that Ron Paul will walk away from the convention empty handed.

Now, whether he stages a run as an independent or a Libertarian remains to be seen. He won't win, and he'll guarantee Obama's reelection if he does, but he may still try. It depends whether his priority is building his movement or unseating Obama. If he's really just trying to build his movement, he'll run. If he really wants Obama out, he'll get behind Romney.

By the way, I agree that Romney is unfit for the presidency. I'm not sure whether Ron Paul is fit or not, I'm just realistic about his chances, having watched outsiders try to run since the Wallace campaign of 1968.
  • Windy Willie 2012/05/10 17:16:42
    Windy
    iamaqt commented (on http://www.huffingtonpost.com...
    I think the paradigm shift has made a lot of people lose their math skills as well.

All I saw after the 4/24 primaries were articles talking about Romney's "big win" in 5 states. The glaring reality of that big win is that the media has created apathy.

In Rhode Island, for instance, only 14,488 people voted. There are over 1 million people in that state. Most of the states that voted on 4/24 had less than 2% of the state population actually get out and vote. Pennsylvania was the only exception with 6.3% of that state's population voting.

So, even with the media effectively brainwashing most people that Romney is the only alternative to Obama, people still did not want him. Instead of doing the math, people just took the media's word that it was a "sweep". That kind of sweep will never, ever beat Obama.

All five states that voted on 4/24 held closed primaries, meaning only registered Republicans could vote. In Romney's only voter base, there was glaring apathy.

The rEVOLution consists of disenfranchised Democrats (that's me), true conservatives within the Republican party, and Independent/Libertarian voters.

If people really are wanting Anybody But Obama, they better jump on board with a candidate that appeals t...

If people really are wanting Anybody But Obama, they better jump on board with a candidate that appeals to more than just apathetic neocons, that's for sure.

One correction ....Delaware had 3.2 of the state's population get out to vote so PA wasn't the only exception of being under 2%. Still pretty pathetic though!
  • Willie Windy 2012/05/11 15:51:18
    Willie
    All very nice, but the only way Ron Paul will be on a November ballot is as an independent or Libertarian candidate. The Republicans will NOT be giving him the nomination. In a 3-way race between Romney, Obama and Ron Paul, with Paul as an independent or Libertarian candidate, I would bet the farm (if I had one) that Obama wins, Romney comes in second, and Paul trails. 1992/1996 all over again, and Ron Paul is Ross Perot.
  • ehrhornp 2012/04/25 03:06:54
    Ron Paul
    ehrhornp
    +4
    Of the three I would vote for Ron as at least he is correct on a couple of issues while Mitt is wrong on everything.
  • Windy ehrhornp 2012/05/02 00:56:16
    Windy
    +1
    Dr. Paul is correct on EVERYTHING!
  • ehrhornp Windy 2012/05/02 04:27:36
    ehrhornp
    Hardly. He is correct on ending the war on drugs and American expansionism but everything else he is basically wrong. But this is a big improvement over the rest of the republican idiots for president.
  • Arel 2012/04/25 01:17:20
    Ron Paul
    Arel
    +5
    the only real solution.
  • Che Gue... Arel 2012/04/25 12:49:53
    Che Guevara - Hero
    +1
    Racism and Homophobia are not a solution.

Ron Paul voted AGAINST the MLK Holiday.

Ron Paul voted AGAINST awarding Rosa Parks the Congressional Medal of Freedom.

Ron Paul said he would have voted AGAINST the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

Paul has a 30 year history of pandering to the KKK and White Power Movement.

You can make all the LAME excuses for White Supremacist Ron Paul you want. His actions speak louder than words

-FACT: Ron Paul's presidential campaign issued a flyer that boasted about the candidate's efforts to introduce legislation that would remove challenges to the anti-gay Defense of Marriage Act from the federal court system.
    http://www.joemygod.blogspot....

-FACT: Ron Paul's Iowa state director is Mike Heath, a long-term Christian-right activist who formerly served as the board chairman of an SPLC-certified anti-gay hate group known as "Americans for Truth About Homosexuality."
    http://thenewcivilrightsmovem...

-FACT: Ron Paul has a long history of racist, homophobic, and anti-Semitic comments.
    http://www.tnr.com/article/po...

-FACT: As state above, Ron Paul supports the so-called "states' rights" approach to marriage, but interestingly, only for LGBT couples.
    http://www.yourtango.com/2008...

-FACT: Ron Paul said, "If I were in Congress in 1996, I would have voted for the Defense of...

Ron Paul voted AGAINST the MLK Holiday.

http://www.joemygod.blogspot....

http://thenewcivilrightsmovem...

http://www.tnr.com/article/po...

http://www.yourtango.com/2008...

-FACT: Ron Paul said, "If I were in Congress in 1996, I would have voted for the Defense of Marriage Act, which used Congress' constitutional authority to define what official state documents other states have to recognize under the Full Faith and Credit Clause, to ensure that no state would be forced to recognize a same-sex marriage license issued in another state."
    http://www.thepoliticalguide....

-FACT: Ron Paul opposes the Employment Non-Discrimination Act (ENDA), which would prohibit discrimination against employees on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity by civilian, nonreligious employers.
    http://www.salon.com/2007/09/...
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... Che Gue... 2012/04/25 15:39:01
  • Windy Che Gue... 2012/05/02 01:14:33
    Windy
    +2
    Ron Paul did all that because he knows and understands the Constitution's limitations on what government is allowed to do and government is not allowed to use taxpayer funds for anything except running the government. No funds are supposed to be used for charity or welfare or wars unless specifically declared, and none are to be used to maintain a standing army. And no taxpayer funds are supposed to be used to give to other nations as aid (the people are allowed, as individuals to send their ow money as aid, but the governmetn is enjoined from doing so.

The federal government is prohibited by the Constitution to interfere in the lives and business of the people. It is not allowed to make laws concerning marriage, sexual activites, medical choices, what kinds of appliances (or lightbulbs) are allowed to be used in people's homes, what foods the people may eat or the drugs they may take. And your link aboaut his "antisemitism" is a lie, he is not, nor is he racist, nor sexist, nor anti-gay. If the federal government obeyed the Constitution none of these things would have ever been done by the fed gov. Please educate yourself better, you are listening to and reading lies designed to make Dr. Paul seem unfit as a candidate, no one in either the D or R party wants to stop dong th...

The federal government is prohibited by the Constitution to interfere in the lives and business of the people. It is not allowed to make laws concerning marriage, sexual activites, medical choices, what kinds of appliances (or lightbulbs) are allowed to be used in people's homes, what foods the people may eat or the drugs they may take. And your link aboaut his "antisemitism" is a lie, he is not, nor is he racist, nor sexist, nor anti-gay. If the federal government obeyed the Constitution none of these things would have ever been done by the fed gov. Please educate yourself better, you are listening to and reading lies designed to make Dr. Paul seem unfit as a candidate, no one in either the D or R party wants to stop dong the unconstitutional things government is doing and the media being the lapdog of the government publishes and broadcasts only what the elite in government, the corporations and the big banks want them to publish and broadcast.
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... Che Gue... 2012/05/03 02:02:04
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... Che Gue... 2012/05/03 02:09:14
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +1
    FCC urged to revoke Fox broadcast licenses
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... Che Gue... 2012/05/03 02:17:56
  • LAAD Gu... Arel 2012/05/02 00:59:12
    LAAD Gunner - USMC
    +4
    Plus you know if Che hates Paul the most that you're making the right choice :)
  • swim2bgood 2012/04/25 00:33:33
    Ron Paul
    swim2bgood
    +4
    Ron Paul or none at all!!!
  • Chanch 2012/04/24 22:29:33
    Mitt Romney
    Chanch
    +3
    The only one with a chance.
  • burnz777 2012/04/24 22:29:01
    Ron Paul
    burnz777
    +4
    nuff said
  • Che Gue... burnz777 2012/04/24 22:41:11
    Che Guevara - Hero
    +2
    Why would you consider voting for a White Supremacist and Homophobe like Ron Paul ?

THE PINOCCHIO TEST

Paul offers implausible explanations for why so many derogatory statements made it into his publications, insisting he knew nothing about them. It’s hard to believe that a man who wants to oversee the entire U.S. government — albeit a smaller version — would provide zero oversight of his publications, or even bother to read them from time to time.
    The Texas congressman has to take responsibility for the newsletters that bear his name, or at least acknowledge negligence as the former head of the company that produced them. He earns three Pinocchios for failing to do so.

THREE PINOCCHIOS
    http://www.washingtonpost.com...
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... Che Gue... 2012/04/25 00:16:29
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... Che Gue... 2012/04/25 00:18:39
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +3

is she actually Suggesting Christians to use violence?
    suggesting christians violence
  • Willie Che Gue... 2012/04/25 05:13:31
    Willie
    +1
    Yes, it makes me wonder - he published, under his name, in a publication named for him, articles that he never read or reviewed - will he sign bills without reading them? How about treaties with other nations? Will he read those?
  • Windy Willie 2012/05/02 01:19:13
    Windy
    Wonder no more, it was all propaganda. He will run his administration Constitutionally, unlike any other president in the 20th or 21st centuries.
  • burnz777 Che Gue... 2012/04/25 11:28:23
    burnz777
    +2
    maybe im also a homophobe white supremacist also? but youll never know, cause i keep that to myself.
  • Che Gue... burnz777 2012/04/25 12:25:44
    Che Guevara - Hero
    Maybe you are a Douchebag too ? lol
  • burnz777 Che Gue... 2012/04/25 21:38:01
    burnz777
    +3
    it is possibly a possibility
  • Che Gue... burnz777 2012/04/25 21:40:59
  • burnz777 Che Gue... 2012/04/25 21:43:32
    burnz777
    +3
    haha i love that movie

2014/11/26 13:58:49