Which is worse. When a person blocks a few vulgar people who may have threatened them,. OR,. When a person deletes a question and all of the dozens of answers with it because not everyone agreed with the person asking the question ??

Mr Chin 2012/09/14 23:15:23
Related Topics: Obscene, Block
Deleting a whole question and the dozens of answers with it is worse
Blocking people who are obscene and threatening is the worse.
Other (details)

• safari 2012/09/14 23:31:09
    safari
    +8
    lmbo - let me guess - it was a lefty wasn't it? What happened did they dissolve when truth was poured over them like the wicked witch in the wizard of oz?

wicked witch wizard of oz melt

• No One 2013/10/28 05:05:05
    No One
    I think even most people who are normally against blocking would be understanding of it if someone is being threatening or following another person from post to post.
  • Darnel 2012/11/08 10:20:18
    Darnel
    SIGH.
    IF you block because you don't agree or you delete because you don't agree,.. you are a loser in my book.
  • MeiLin 2012/09/22 08:57:07 (edited)
    MeiLin
    If you don't want answers, why ask the question in the first place and waste everybody's time?

Someone is threatening you, don't just block, complain to SodaHead!
  • Mrs.Vader 2012/09/19 00:41:54
  • A Lionheart 2012/09/16 02:04:58
    Other (details)
    A Lionheart
    +1
    Any action that undermines legitimate debate is wrong.
  • ur XLNC-PWCM 2012/09/15 17:05:01
    Other (details)
    ur XLNC-PWCM
    THIS is a toss-up! Blocking is infantile, but so is deleting a question because someone doesn't agree and 'rubber-stamp' some comment. I think both are "rude & crude"!
  • pdt_ski 2012/09/15 07:19:35
    pdt_ski
    +2
    If people don't agree with you either it was a bad or rigged question (i.e., only one "other" answer and the rest agree with you so you basically stacked all naysayers into one bucket), or (horrors!) most people actually don't agree with you. In the case of a rigged question, try asking another. For a question-correction where there was only one response so far I removed the first and marked the second "(corrected)" but I had worked the question wrong; it wasn't because people disagreed with me.
  • nails 2012/09/15 03:53:29
    Other (details)
    nails
    +2
    Neither,as long as your payback is easily justifed.
  • ScoutLdr 2012/09/15 03:49:06
    ScoutLdr
    +4
    Deleting a poll is wrong and juvenile. If someone makes a threat, of course block 'em! As for vulgarity, if go your to profile page and set the profanity filter to on you won't see any obscene or foul speech anyway.
  • Angel OFire 2012/09/15 03:07:48
    Other (details)
    Angel OFire
    +3
    Each to their own, personally I block the person, and report the comment, not that this does a great deal, but in the world that hides dick-heads behind what they think is their annomus aviators, what more can you do, simply block report and delete.
  • Welshtaff 2012/09/15 03:07:43
    Other (details)
    Welshtaff
    +4
    I have deleted a question that had a few answers only because one of the people answering had said the statement was false, so I researched the question futher and found it was false, therefore no sense in creating comments telling me that it wasn't true when I had found it to be so.
  • explorer1618 2012/09/15 02:56:24
    Other (details)
    explorer1618
    +2
    Both really but I have deleted some because they should have known better than ask !
  • Shawna 2012/09/15 02:54:59 (edited)
    Other (details)
    Shawna
    +4
    Both are bad and rather pathetic if done just because there are people who disagree with you. If someone is really abusive or several people are really abusive or vulgar I would report it but I can understand the desire to remove the poll if it really has no value.
  • Jack's Pearl 2012/09/15 02:53:01
    Other (details)
    Jack's Pearl
    +4
    Neither is bad to me. Nothing wrong with deleting a question and nothing wrong with blocking threats. In fact those should be turned in to SH.
  • joan.sloane 2012/09/15 02:02:01
    joan.sloane
    +5
    All the fun is in the exchange with those who have an opposing opinion. What interest could be gotten through a bunch of people slapping each other on the back? Sometimes you can even learn something from the religious right (not really).
  • Ozzyboy 2012/09/15 01:50:11
    Other (details)
    Ozzyboy
    +1
    In either situation, if posters are not getting the desired results they will block and or delete. I've been blocked just because the facts I cite don't agree with liberals. I've never been vulgar or threatening but we all know those who live to block conservatives and brag about how many they have blocked. These are drive by posters. They only to post their opinions and block any discussion. Both are childish and show immaturity of some who come here.
  • luvguins 2012/09/15 01:19:05
    Other (details)
    luvguins
    +4
    Both are applicable as replies are rarely civil on questions I have posted.
  • Space Invader 2012/09/15 00:54:01
    Space Invader
    +3
    no one needs vulgarity
  • Sgt Major B 2012/09/15 00:26:30
    Sgt Major B
    +5
    If you want to hold a sing-along, that's fine - I don't care if it's "Kum-bay-ah' or 'Lead On, O King Eternal'. But when you ask for opinions and then react as though someone committed an indecent assault on your pet rubber duck, you lose all credibility.

Just think of it as the intellectual equivalent of her picking up her marbles and running home to Mommy... Pooooor Pookie....
  • Feria~Badass of PHAET~ 2012/09/15 00:26:19
    Other (details)
    Feria~Badass of PHAET~
    +1
    Neither, because they have the right to do one or the other, or both if they want. I don't come on here to sit back and let people belittle me in posts.

I don't think people should do it simply because people are not agreeing, but if they want to, why not let them?
  • Red_Horse 2012/09/15 00:24:36
  • Gregaj7 2012/09/15 00:05:12
    Other (details)
    +1
    Not experienced in either of those events.
  • firefly 2012/09/14 23:50:38
  • Q 2012/09/14 23:37:54
    Other (details)
    Q
    +3
    Neither as far as I'm concerned. Everyone is entitled to block those who are abusive and to remove THEIR thread should they choose to. I removed a thread of mine after at few idiots kept using it as a forum to exchange insults for weeks. Because it was featured I even had to contact the staff and have them delete it. Should anyone else decide to delete THEIR question for whatever reasons once again its their right to do so as far as I'm concerned.
  • safari 2012/09/14 23:31:09
    safari
    +8

wicked witch wizard of oz melt
  • Jiorgia safari 2012/09/14 23:37:49
    Jiorgia
    +6
    why does everyone have to make things political?
  • safari Jiorgia 2012/09/15 02:13:47
    safari
    +2
    'Every one? Even if you have no experience on soda head what are the odds this was a political subject matter? Would anyone really take down a poll because they were pissed that people didn't like the same flavor of icecream, or prefer Gaga over Beiber like they do, or root for the Patriots vs the Cowboys? I've only seen this kind of activity over politics or BS contrived dramas. It seems like a no brainer to reflect on my over four years of being here before forming my opinions. I've seen the left take down many polls when they were outted for being idiots. It is always fun to point out just what huge hypocrites they are whether it is true in this matter or not. It is still true.
  • VERYwis... Jiorgia 2012/09/15 03:01:08
    VERYwiseguy
    +3
    In America some are brainwashed into believing politicians when in my opinion it's the corporations that run most politics.We need to get together and fight the real culprits!
  • Blunder... Jiorgia 2012/09/15 03:02:19
    BlunderWoman ~ FTGOP~ BN 0
    +2
    You know, his comment is very funny considering he's got me blocked. Lol.
  • VERYwis... Blunder... 2012/09/15 03:31:49
    VERYwiseguy
    +1
    Don't feel bad on this post someone that has me blocked.Understandably so because I'm so crude,vulgar and closed minded;Don't you know? lol Just typed something that's just total BS! He,she or it blocks if you disagree on an opinion site?
  • Allbiz - PWCM - JLA 2012/09/14 23:27:52
    Allbiz - PWCM - JLA
    +5
    I'd go for the block.
  • Jiorgia 2012/09/14 23:21:13
    Jiorgia
    +6
    There is nothing wrong with blocking people who are threatening.
  • Zervur 2012/09/14 23:17:26
    Other (details)
    Zervur
    +2
    depends on the situation. Deleting the question punishes everybody; therefore, the people will hold the nastypants responsible and behave better. I ignore myself; but, I don't mind if people delete their own question.
  • BattleBattlerBenji (PHAET) 2012/09/14 23:17:12
    Other (details)
    BattleBattlerBenji (PHAET)
    +2
    The people who whine about blocking in the first place

2014/10/21 02:00:36