Which GOP Presidential Candidate Should Drop Out of the Race Next?

Politics 2012/04/10 18:43:29
We know you want to make your opinion count -- especially during the time of a serious election. So, every week, SodaHead will host a handful of up-to-date polls having to do with the upcoming 2012 election.

Vote on this week's election questions below and make sure to come back every Tuesday to see how everyone voted -- and to receive a new batch of questions worth pondering. It's a great time to have an opinion. So, dive right in to our 2012 Election poll.

Read More: http://www.sodahead.com/survey/featured/2012-elect...

• U-Dog 2012/04/11 00:22:42
    Newt Gingrich
    U-Dog
    +2
    Mewt Dingrich should drop out, it would be funny --sick-- watching Fox and listening to Limpaw, Vannity and General "Bonkers" Levin as they lead the charge for the bogey Muslim chasing, ready, fire, aim, retreat repukes and love on and adore OvoMitt-lite while trying to ignore the only sensible small government, rule of law, constitutionalists left in this race-- you know, the one that has proven he supports all the things the lying repuke party first hacks said they cared about for the last few years.

But OH Gawd No, we can't have an honest Jeffersonian man who isn't a status-quo crony big government fascist war mongerer as our president, he might cut a few $20k toilets from the crony corporate/military welfare program, cut foreign welfare, bring the troops home and actually make our allies pay for some of their own defense.

ron paul jefferson
    ron paul foreign policy book ron paul foreign policy ron paul foreign policy
  • ii.jlund.ii 2012/04/11 00:02:27
    Newt Gingrich
    ii.jlund.ii
    +6
    Any intelligent person knows Ron Paul speaks for the interest of the people and that the other two AND the GOP should stand down and refuse their corporate sponsors forcing their agenda.
  • ☠ Live ... ii.jlun... 2012/04/11 19:53:58
  • bob 2012/04/10 23:43:00
    Mitt Romney
    bob
    last fascist standin. mittens is a nice guy i just disagree with his idea of wich side off train tracks to nest on
  • ☠ Live Free Or Die ☠ 2012/04/10 23:40:52
    Mitt Romney
    ☠ Live Free Or Die ☠
    +3
    To face facts, Ron Paul has no chance as long as Mitt Romney is in the race. He's popular among conservatives, even though he ISN'T A CONSERVATIVE AT ALL. It would've been great if Romney and Newt dropped out, leaving Ron Paul with that clown Santorum to (Easily) defeat and be able to run against Obama. But unfortunately it didn't turn out like that.
  • Paul ☠ Live ... 2012/04/11 01:26:51
    Paul
    +5
    Don't give up on RP just yet.
  • rdmatheny 2012/04/10 23:14:38
    Mitt Romney
    rdmatheny
    +4
    Both Romney and Gingrich should drop out since both poll the weakest against Obama. If the GOP really wanted to oust Obama out of office, they should back the stronger candidate.

Ron Paul more electable than Mitt Romney? http://www.sodahead.com/unite...

New PPP Poll: Ron Paul Polls Best Against Obama in Colorado http://www.sodahead.com/unite...

New PPP Poll Shows Ron Paul Polling Better Than Romney vs Obama In Nevada http://www.sodahead.com/unite...
  • Michael=Constitution & Liberty 2012/04/10 22:35:02
    Newt Gingrich
    Michael=Constitution & Liberty
    another, all of them!
  • UnusualSuspect 2012/04/10 22:28:03
    Ron Paul
    UnusualSuspect
    +1
    Does it matter?

Romney will be the nominee, no matter how long the rest stay in.
  • ★~DoctorWhoGuru~★ 2012/04/10 22:23:46 (edited)
    Ron Paul
    ★~DoctorWhoGuru~★
    ALL OF THEM.

Ron Paul idiot
  • rdmatheny ★~Docto... 2012/04/10 23:51:30
    rdmatheny
    +3
    You gotta love the Jerry Springer crowd with their 3 yo pictures. No wonder this country is on the verge of collapse.
  • Paul rdmatheny 2012/04/11 01:29:04
    Paul
    +3
    You got that right.
  • John Galt jr or Ron/jon 2012/04/10 22:12:30
    Newt Gingrich
    John Galt jr or Ron/jon
    +1
    Doesn't matter who is driving the train

driving train

Democrats and Republicans are on the same track
    http://webstation19.8k.com/re...

Time to take some paths not taken
    http://webstation19.8k.com/go...

http://www.goooh.com
  • Hobbes 2012/04/10 22:10:24
    Newt Gingrich
    Hobbes
    Actually, you didn't offer the correct answer, i.e. All of them! There isn't one person of integrity, intellectual curiosity, and intellectual honesty among them.
  • rdmatheny Hobbes 2012/04/10 23:53:16
    rdmatheny
    +3
    Wonder who that could be?

• Hobbes rdmatheny 2012/04/11 02:40:46
    Hobbes
    It's late now, so I'll review the Faux "News" tape tomorrow. Like many from the right, it's likely to be edited to have the President say the opposite of what he actually said. Faux "News" can't be trusted. A Florida court gave them the legal right to lie on the air. If you don't remember that, I'm not surprised, because you watch Faux. Too, I feel sorry for those who take political ads at face value, especially from the Straussians.
  • rdmatheny Hobbes 2012/04/11 02:44:24
    rdmatheny
    +1
    I'll give you a teaser. It has clips from CNN, CBS, MSNBC and The Young Turks.
  • Hobbes rdmatheny 2012/04/11 15:39:38
    Hobbes
    Okay, I'm back and I've viewed the ad. I found most of it true, but some misleading and I found one Paul's straw-man argument (to which the crowd dutifully cheered).

I agree with many of the points in the ad, because I've been arguing much of this for years. While the ad hits the other Republican candidates, it would be easy to believe, if one didn't know better, that President Obama was the instigator of the "Patriot Act." Not one picture or mention of Bush came up.

The fact that most of Bush's policies are still in place is because the Republicans have screamed and blocked every attempt of the President to bring an end to those policies. If you don't know this, then you need to listen to some news organizations and leave your favored propaganda network, Faux News.

Paul, too, leads the public to believe the conservatives and democrats want the government in your bedroom. That is false. Conservatives want it, but the democrats (other than the blue-dogs--stealth Republicans) are fighting to keep government out of the bedroom and out of women's uterus'.

Paul sets up his straw man when he said that "'They' want you to believe that a true patriotism means that you support everything the government wants." This is blatantly false. I challenge you to substantiate that statement and expo...

Paul sets up his straw man when he said that "'They' want you to believe that a true patriotism means that you support everything the government wants." This is blatantly false. I challenge you to substantiate that statement and expose the person how said that.

Paul's next statement, that a "true patriot defends liberty and the people," would NOT be disputed by anyone of any party of which I am aware.

As for the economy, most of Bush's policies are STILL in place, the Republicans are fighting fang and claw to keep the economy in the tank and workers out of work. They have achieved a record number of filibusters in the Senate, and pushed almost any whim of a bill in the House that has NOTHING to do with bringing about a recovery. Remember McConnell's pledge when he took the Senate leadership? He said that his "number one priority," was not to create jobs, not to improve the economy, but to "limit the President to a single term?" How do you suppose he would do that? By sabotaging attempts to improve the economy! If the economy is bad in November and the jobless rate is still high, Obama is likely to lose. It is that simple. However, Faux listeners will never understand that.

All that said, I agree again with Paul that this country should close all foreign bases, end the wars, and bring our troops home. Also, I agree that the FED should be audited by an independent agency agreed to by a bipartisan committee.

I am, however, strongly opposed to his view that the government should be in charge of women's uterus', and disallow an abortion even in the case of rape, incest, or to same the woman's life. This is NOT a libertarian view. This is authoritarian and intrusive government at its worse. That is the view of Paul and the Republican party.

Paul's approach to the illegal immigration problem is off base, as are most "solutions." The way to solve the problem is through the employers that employ them. Force corporations to pay at least minimum wage so the jobs will be competitive for Americans, implement an instant check of citizenship, and severely fine employers who are found to be hiring undocumented workers. I believe that such workers who have children or family with U.S. citizenship should be allowed to keep their jobs and pay taxes.

Paul wants to bring down America's Social Safety Net (Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid). I could not disagree more. Although I am not a Christian, I fully support the thrust of what is attributed to Jesus in Matthew 25:32-46. The religious right, more often than not, ignore those words.

I believe that the financially successful people in the U.S. should pay the same percent of tax that the middle class pays. Were this to be so, then there would never be a problem with funding the SSN.

That's enough for now.
  • rdmatheny Hobbes 2012/04/11 17:44:39
    rdmatheny
    Ok, you have a lot subjects to address in your post, so I may do this in a couple of posts.
    1. Patriot Act & Bush. It was mentioned @ 1.51 Obama signed a 4 year ext. of the Patriot Act. A Ext. of bill first signed into law by Bush.

Ron Paul on Illegal Immigration. (Key word) here is ILLEGAL. Afterall, there are laws on the books pertaining to illegal immigration. There are also rules that apply for legal immigration.
  • Hobbes rdmatheny 2012/04/11 21:10:10
    Hobbes
    Yes, President Obama did sign for another four years of the PA. He's done may other things I don't like, but he is far and away better, on my view, than any conservative. Like I said, I agree with Paul on several fronts, but on major issues of personal rights for women and gays (he hedges on the same-sex issue and doesn't answer it straight out yes or no). Too, he, like most "conservatives" wants to cut the corporate tax rate to 15%. This is madness and a greater redistribution of the wealth to the wealthy than is now going on under the policies put in place from Reagan to G.W. Bush--policies that the Republicans block from repeal.

But concerning illegal immigration, Paul hedges a bit here as well, but, again, I don't like the direction he seems to take. My reasons are twofold: (1) If illegal immigrants are to remain in the shadows, they are taken advantage of for that very reason. Women are forced to have sex in some cases, men and women often work for less than minimum wage, and many do not seek medical advice when they need it because they are afraid of being turned in. Yes, they are illegally here, but they are human beings trying to make a living to support their families. I suspect you, were you in their shoes, would likely do the same.

In any case, although Paul didn't sa...

In any case, although Paul didn't say it, I think he would not be opposed to the government, had they the knowledge of all who are illegally in the country, rounding up the millions of them, placing them in "processing camps," and herding them out of the country, regardless if they have children born here, going to school, and have integrated well into society, so, (2) I think that there is something very abhorrent about that sort of treatment. It smacks of other nations with whom we once went to war. Of course, since we are now, since Bush, torture people in the same manner as those we prosecuted for the same crime after WWII, I suppose processing camps and internment camps are right down our Straussian alley. Those policies have brought great shame on us, thanks to the neoconservatives.
    Newt Gingrich
    +3
    REALLY??? ALL OF THEM.

Reelect President Obama and get on with repairing our nation.
  • zach hope sjalan 2012/04/11 00:25:10
    zach hope
    *demolishing
  • john Kills 2012/04/10 21:50:50
    Mitt Romney
    john Kills
    +3
    Mitt is running for the wrong side. He too stupid to know he's a liberal on most issues. He like denying citizens their gun rights, he loves big government, he created barry care before we had even heard of barry. Dumney is a very wealthy elitest who is in tight with wall street and the new world order. Watch what happens if he gets elected. Just as barry didn't change any bush policies, dumney won't change any of barry's.
  • Zak Smith 2012/04/10 21:47:45
    Newt Gingrich
    Zak Smith
    He has no chance of gaining the nomination. Romney is going to get it now, no doubt. Paul will, and should, stay in to the end not in order to grab the nomination, but to spread the Libertarian message.
  • frank 2012/04/10 20:57:25
    Ron Paul
    frank
    I have about the same chance of winning the nomination as Ron Paul.
  • Paul frank 2012/04/11 01:30:13
    Paul
    +1
    Really? Can you draw 8 to 10 thousand people?

quit drew 30 40 supporters rallies ron paul hand
  • EdVenture 2012/04/10 20:31:49
    Mitt Romney
    EdVenture
    +1
    I would say mitt because he is not patriotic.
  • Cold Warrior 2012/04/10 20:30:33
    Ron Paul
    Cold Warrior
    Newt should too, he's just embarrassing himself.
  • POWERSHAKER 2012/04/10 20:26:25
  • Paul POWERSH... 2012/04/11 01:30:56
    Paul
    +1
    Ron Paul is 2nd place in deleagate count.
  • POWERSH... Paul 2012/04/11 01:39:03
  • Paul POWERSH... 2012/04/11 02:43:41
    Paul
    +1
    Yep. That's why we need to keep the faith.
  • Paul POWERSH... 2012/04/11 02:45:03
    Paul
    +1
    Put another way...

• Paul POWERSH... 2012/04/11 02:48:42
    Paul
    +1
    Put yet another way...

Update: Ken Suitter Predicting Paul Winning ALL Delegates-Overflow Crowd for Paul Speech in Texas-Vids and Pics

http://www.dailypaul.com/2255...
  • Max7 2012/04/10 20:09:32
    Ron Paul
    Max7
    +1
    I think that he has not been as receptive to the people as the others, but dropping out just seems to be hard for them to do.
  • EdVenture Max7 2012/04/10 20:30:19
    EdVenture
    They are brokering their support.
  • Max7 EdVenture 2012/04/10 20:35:11
    Max7
    +1
    Break that down for me, what does brokering their support mean?
  • EdVenture Max7 2012/04/10 21:07:49
    EdVenture
    When a candidate withdraws and sometimes before, they invaiably negotiate for a position in the new admin, payment of unpaid debt incurred by the campaign in exchange for support of his constituancy, mail lists, donor lits etc. To name a few things.
  • Max7 Max7 2012/04/11 03:11:01
    Max7
    That is purely one sided, many prominent Republicans have already expressed that they are not interested in any of the candidates that's running. This piece you sent me, is garbage, you probably did it yourself.
  • Paul Max7 2012/04/11 01:31:26 (edited)
    Paul
    Not receptive???

2014/10/23 13:14:34