Which GOP Presidential Candidate Should Drop Out of the Race Next?

Politics 2012/04/10 18:43:29
We know you want to make your opinion count -- especially during the time of a serious election. So, every week, SodaHead will host a handful of up-to-date polls having to do with the upcoming 2012 election.

Vote on this week's election questions below and make sure to come back every Tuesday to see how everyone voted -- and to receive a new batch of questions worth pondering. It's a great time to have an opinion. So, dive right in to our 2012 Election poll.

Read More: http://www.sodahead.com/survey/featured/2012-elect...

• Jericho 2012/04/16 19:31:40
    Mitt Romney
    Jericho
    +1
    If he doesn't see that staying in will guarantee another 4 years of Obama because he wil split the party, then he's a bigger schmuck than I took him for.
  • Pm 2012/04/16 08:13:02
    Ron Paul
    Pm
    HE is out of touch with reality.
  • Jericho Pm 2012/04/16 19:34:23
    Jericho
    +1
    explain yourself because to me, Ron is the only one who makes sense, honest, and not so ultra conservative that he will be utterly distateful to democrat voters who are unsatisfied with Obama.
  • Pm Jericho 2012/04/17 07:57:00
    Pm
    HE believes in commodity backed currency even though its failed over and over again. This type of currency cannot keep up with growth. If our money is converted to convertible fixed rate currencies(gold standard) we will ose out role as a world monetary issuer(reserve currency). The change from the nonconvertible floating rate (fiat) back to the old currency would be catastrophic. Deflation would wipe out most business.
    Foreign policy of non internationalism (which only differs from isolation in that it still seeks open trade)ended with the emergence of the interlocked world economy. The bases the US military occupy across the globe insures civility among rouge nations. If the US withdrew all troops then what would keep those rouge nations in check? Nothing. The fact the US is next door instills fear. And what is the greatest tool to help keep something in check, FEAR. Ron Paul wants the U.S out of the U.N. This means we would have no say to what the U.N might want to do. SCARY.
    There is so much more
  • Jericho Pm 2012/04/17 21:53:50
    Jericho
    Very well laid out points, but I have some questions. You must show me in history where a commodity backed currency has failed over and over again? This fiat currency is the reason most of our ports and some of our mainland is no foreign owned and the reason we have lost our A+ rating because we cannot pay our debt. Historically speaking, the biggest booms in our economy came when the government issued it's own Currency based on Gold, the Greenback of President Lincoln's Creation. Andrew Jackson's dissolution of the Central Bank, and Kennedy's Silver Certificates. This unlimited credit with no end to spending only works as long as those the Country owes do not call in their loans and there is no run on the bank. Catastrophic? Please. Most of the debt would be transfered to those that own the Privately Owned Federal Reserve, and while the dollar may fluctuate for the first year, it will be worth 500% more than it is worth today based on how well Gold is doing in the market, which is at record highs--by the way, because our dollar is worth so little.

Internationalism, as I understand it, would mean that we would not fund countries hostile to our allies, spending Trillions of Dollars in foreign aid to build Humungous embassies, Not keep bases in countries that do not want us th...

Internationalism, as I understand it, would mean that we would not fund countries hostile to our allies, spending Trillions of Dollars in foreign aid to build Humungous embassies, Not keep bases in countries that do not want us there, which would exclude bases in South Korea and Europe for example, and spend more time developing our gross domestic product so that we can contribute to the world's economy instead of being the country that just buys from everyone else. Fear does not keep the courageous in check, just makes them lie in wait to make allies big enough to work together and overthrow you. Fear is the way dictators and Empires work, not America.

Ron Paul wants us out of the U.N. because they are starting to make policy for "sovereign" nations. We should not be dictated to on how we make our laws, what we believe in, or what we adhere to. That is the job of Congress, The President and The Supreme Court. That is what our Constitution states. Contributing to this "World" Army and One World Government that the U.N. is beginning to subscribe to is giving them way too much power, and leaving no check and balance with the rest of the world. The U.N. was an advisory body, a place to talk over problems, and find resolutions together. It has ceased to be that original entity wanting the formation of it's own army and enforcing of it's will on Sovereign Nations. If it continues down it's path, then it is best for us to not be involved in anything that would go against American law to uphold U.N. Law.

I would like to hear more, because I want to know how supporting someone like Romney or Gingrich, who wants to run things the same way Obama and Bush did are going to be a better solution?
  • Pm Jericho 2012/04/18 02:22:56
    Pm
    In ancient times if there wasn't enough gold to back currency because of a growing economy, they would inflate the value of the paper while decreasing the amount of gold each bill was worth.. All ended horribly. Gold backed currencies reached there limit in the late 1800s with 5 recession in 5 years. Then again during the industrial revolutions, along with the the time leading up to the industrial revolution. It was too hard to take out loans because there wasn't enough money in a banks reserves. They came up with fraction reserve banking, the problem was now if too many people come back to take money out there wouldn't be enough since the gov cant "print" anymore money. Convertible currencies also give people an incentive to save their money. Because it appreciates since its backed by a commodity. Businesses would just save capital and less and less money would be i circulation...Its happened many times before.
    It doesn't matter if countries dont want us there....Of course they dont we rain on their parade. We keep them in check.
    Our GDP is 3-10 times more than the top 10 countries. Producing low quality goods like China and India is good for us. The costs to even reproduce the low quality items china and India make is much more expensive. They serve a purpose. ...
    Our GDP is 3-10 times more than the top 10 countries. Producing low quality goods like China and India is good for us. The costs to even reproduce the low quality items china and India make is much more expensive. They serve a purpose. America is known for high quality manufacturing.
    The constitution states any treaties (UN,NATO)voted for here in the states must be upheld. There is no way the US congress would vote in a one world government or vote in U.N laws supreme to US'. Its a scare tactic.
  • Jericho Pm 2012/04/18 20:30:18
    Jericho
    I see your point on an ever expanding economy and a finite commodity or Gold Based system, but it seems to me that those systems allow you to balance a budget and Spend based on what you have instead of on Credit. Fractional Reserve Banking has made everyone debtors to the IRS and the FED. Taxes go up, and the value of our money goes down. People spend more and more, which theoretically helps an economy; however, they spend what they don't have. They rack up huge debt and the courtrooms are filled with people filing bankruptcy, unable to pay for what they have purchased. See, everyone, but the Government and the FED have to pay their debt, they just print more money to compensate for what they don't have. This makes balancing the budget impossible in a system that continually raises the ceiling. We may have a GDP of 14 Trillion but have a debt of 16 Trillion. The first time in History that this has happened. So, it may be more than the top 10 countries combined, but I bet our debt is more combined as well, and we are not covering our debt. It seems to me that calling this in could do worse damage than 5 recessions in 5 years have done. Most people consider us in a depression worse than 1929, Greenspan just won't let the rest of the world know it yet. We are also spending on da...

I see your point on an ever expanding economy and a finite commodity or Gold Based system, but it seems to me that those systems allow you to balance a budget and Spend based on what you have instead of on Credit. Fractional Reserve Banking has made everyone debtors to the IRS and the FED. Taxes go up, and the value of our money goes down. People spend more and more, which theoretically helps an economy; however, they spend what they don't have. They rack up huge debt and the courtrooms are filled with people filing bankruptcy, unable to pay for what they have purchased. See, everyone, but the Government and the FED have to pay their debt, they just print more money to compensate for what they don't have. This makes balancing the budget impossible in a system that continually raises the ceiling. We may have a GDP of 14 Trillion but have a debt of 16 Trillion. The first time in History that this has happened. So, it may be more than the top 10 countries combined, but I bet our debt is more combined as well, and we are not covering our debt. It seems to me that calling this in could do worse damage than 5 recessions in 5 years have done. Most people consider us in a depression worse than 1929, Greenspan just won't let the rest of the world know it yet. We are also spending on day in day out things, which you say is better to get from foreign shores, but almost every U.S. based business and industry is suffering. More and more jobs are outsourced, and it seems to me that the only reason it costs catastrophically more is that we give imports Tax exemptions and Heavily Tax domestic items made in this country and double Tax our exports going out. Stifling our own economy while making China, which has gone to a Gold Backed economy far better off than we are.

It should matter to you. What if the situation was reversed with Islamic Countries coming in and forcing our people to submit to their ways because we were considered by the rest of the world to be unfit with this idea of Freedom and Prosperity. It's too radical. Left unchecked, it could infect the rest of us. Say a group of UN people came in during the Cold war and stopped us from advancing while allowing the Soviet Union had free reign to develop their Nuclear Arsenal. Plus, we are saying that the 2nd Strongest Military in the world, and the Strongest in the Middle East--Israel--cannot handle their own affairs, they have to have the U.S. come in and do it? I don't think so. We just need to take the leash off, and let Israel take back what is rightfully theirs.

That last part is why Thomas Jefferson, Ben Franklin and the majority of the founding fathers were against the U.S. being apart of groups like the UN and NAFTA because we are required to uphold a treaty above our own laws. This makes it even more dangerous to be apart of such things, and just rely on the fact that no embassador or President would ever do that. I am not willing to bet this country on that, are you?
  • Pm Jericho 2012/04/18 23:29:54
    Pm
    I am all for less spending because at the current rate we might get hit with some deflation if the economy falters. However, the 16 trillion in debt litterally means there is 16 trillion more dollars the public has either as assets, forms of capital, investments, or hard cash. Not as bad as the conservatives will have you believe. I am a republican by the way. I just dont follow the herd. I look at the facts.
    As far as debt which is defaulted on my individuals, this is entirely the fault of them. Its their irresponsibility and mismanagement of funds that got them to bankrupt.
    As far as the US' debt goes. A third of the debt is held by China and Japan, and about another trillion held by various countries. Realistically, our Debt to GDP ratio is lower than most countries. Like I have said, the politicians namely Ron Paul does a good job of obscuring the facts.
    Greenspan isn't involved in our system anymore. Bernanke is chairman of the FED.
    The U.S businesses are booming look at the DOW 13000. Mainly retail.
    Not helping our allies is isolationism...Its why RP is an isolationist. Israel is surrounded by enemies. Literally, one nuclear bomb can wipe them off the planet. It's why Iran poses a huge threat. We have no idea when they will complete nuclear grade plutonium....
    Not helping our allies is isolationism...Its why RP is an isolationist. Israel is surrounded by enemies. Literally, one nuclear bomb can wipe them off the planet. It's why Iran poses a huge threat. We have no idea when they will complete nuclear grade plutonium. They can sell it to anyone they please.
    The constitution US sovereignty and the supreme court is above all international law. Its why our constitution is so great. The frames envisioned all possible situations the US might face and wrote the constitution to last forever.
  • Jericho Pm 2012/04/22 19:56:05
    Jericho
    I don't entirely agree with that explanation of 16 Trillion because we wouldn't have lost our A+ rating if our assets and credit were still that good. I look at the facts too, and i see an ever increasing oil and tax, no cost of living raises, and nothing to balance this ever expanding debt to asset ratio. the old expression "a dollar cannot buy you what it used to" isn't more true than it is today.

I agree that people mismanaging their own debt is their problem, but being driven to debt by overvalued housing, interest only Equity lines, and other traps that people cannot control is not their fault. Also, a study has shown that 91% of Americans do not heven know how to adequately budget, and have a low financial management IQ, which is the education system and prior generations dropping the ball, not them. If I didn't learn how to budget becomong a business owner, I would be in the same soup.

That may be, but this is the first time in our History that our Debt has been this much more than our GDP. We convince other countries to take some of our debt for some of our land and ports. This should never have been done.

Also, don't be fooled. Greenspan may have stepped down, but don't think he still isn't pulling Bernacke's strings. Half the time the guy looks like he gives ca...

Also, don't be fooled. Greenspan may have stepped down, but don't think he still isn't pulling Bernacke's strings. Half the time the guy looks like he gives canned answers anyway.

Who said anything about not helping our allies? It just seems to me that the foreign policy has been that we do everything for our allies, and also in the interim, make them of no account, force them to give more and more land away, and funnel Billions and Billions of Dollars to Egypt, Jordan, PLO, Iraq and Afghanistan--All of whom are violent toward Israel. Tell me how that is helping our allies? I think Ron Paul has the right idea for helping allies. Lets go help them when they ask us to, not before, and stop funding our allies enemies.
  • The dead and the silent 2012/04/16 05:16:10
    Mitt Romney
    The dead and the silent
    +1
    Sometimes, I look at Mitt Romney, and I think "Damn, that guy is evil.". And I'm Satan, the dark lord of evil. I mean, I define evil, and I'm not as evil as that guy.
  • nverumind 2012/04/12 20:28:02 (edited)
    Mitt Romney
    nverumind
    +2
    he is the most inconsistant liar i have seen to date! Ron paul is the way to go. Hes got the right stuff to get us on the right track and he is as Honest as he is Consistant!

• TJ 2012/04/12 01:46:16
    Mitt Romney
    TJ
    +1
    He can't beat Obama.
  • Jeffery Lucas 2012/04/11 21:54:46
    Ron Paul
    Jeffery Lucas
    I wouldn't vote for Newt he's is Dumb and Ron Paul is too old.
  • nverumind Jeffery... 2012/04/12 20:31:40
    nverumind
    +1
    Ron paul is too old... so you choose mitt? the most dishonest canidate in the running? http://www.youtube.com/watch?...
  • lucky 2012/04/11 17:25:46
    Ron Paul
    lucky
    Actually Newt and Paul both should drop out, they should have dropped out a long time ago. Unfortunately the choices this time around are going to push a lot of people into voting 3rd party.
  • Vjuggalo lucky 2012/04/11 20:01:59 (edited)
    Vjuggalo
    +2
    And the one pushing them into voting 3rd party is the GOP's choice of RINO Romney
  • Paul Vjuggalo 2012/04/12 15:33:37
    Paul
    Exactly. That person "lucky" doesn't make any sense.
  • lucky Vjuggalo 2012/04/16 14:21:52
    lucky
    Its ALL of the choices.
  • Paul lucky 2012/04/12 15:34:18
    Paul
    And the 3rd party candidate they'll be voting for is Ron Paul...
  • lucky Paul 2012/04/16 14:31:28
    lucky
    Thats a bit of wishful thinking on your part. Libertarians would have a better chance of getting RJ Harris elected.
  • Paul lucky 2012/04/16 20:52:20
    Paul
    Not really an issue at this point. Since Santorum dropped out, many of his supporters and delegates are on board with Ron Paul, and Ron Paul is 2nd place is delegate count. Ron Paul won MN and CO. It's just now starting to get interesting...
  • lucky Paul 2012/04/17 14:33:48
    lucky
    Last I read Paul has 67 delegates, the lowest amount of all the candidates.

As for claiming Santorum supporters are backing Paul, that is a fairy tale perpetuated by the Paul campaign. Although if you have any links to back that comment up other then Paul's own website then Id be interested in seeing them.
  • Paul lucky 2012/04/17 15:36:17
    Paul
    Stay delusional and mininformed my friend. Repeat with me: The mainstream media is always accurate, never has an agenda and never spreads propaganda...
  • lucky lucky 2012/04/18 13:12:57
    lucky
    Irony, being blocked by a Paul supporter after you ask them for links to verify their comments and then them claiming the media is hiding the truth.
  • rosesvengeance BN-0 2012/04/11 06:20:13
    Mitt Romney
    rosesvengeance BN-0
    +4
    We need Ron Paul, Romney is just another Obama.
  • Paul rosesve... 2012/04/11 06:49:56
  • ManBearPig 2012/04/11 02:42:31
    Newt Gingrich
    ManBearPig
    +2
    hes already technically out since his campaign is bankrupt
  • melly~thwarting Satan since... 2012/04/11 02:36:49
    Mitt Romney
    melly~thwarting Satan since 1971
  • HL 2012/04/11 01:56:21
    Ron Paul
    HL
    +1
    I wish we could have both Ron and Newt leave, so Romney can FAIL and give it up.
  • Cal 2012/04/11 01:55:01
    Ron Paul
    Cal
    +1
    Probably the one losing everything, everyone, and every topic.

ron paul loser
  • Paul Cal 2012/04/11 03:41:11 (edited)
    Paul
    +2
    Wrong.

CNN's John King Admits That "Ron Paul Is 2nd in Delegates"

http://youtu.be/vgCEZwrc1o8

Ron Paul Has Won a Lot of Delegates.....Oh Dear. - MSNBC

http://youtu.be/-Z9MIiKHgXI

Ron Paul can beat Romney and Obama

http://youtu.be/S-ia2KC_E0Y

Israel creates a super PAC to attack Ron Paul

http://youtu.be/R6wzm7IQmg0
  • Cal Paul 2012/04/11 21:05:09
    Cal
    http://www.realclearpolitics....

Here you go. Proves my point.
  • Paul Cal 2012/04/11 21:55:04
    Paul
    +1
    LOL! You saw it on RCP so it has to be true? Seriously? BS on a MSM website doesn't prove jack. Sorry, try again.
  • Denny 2012/04/11 01:52:44
    Ron Paul
    Denny
    Doesn't matter. It's over.
  • Paul Denny 2012/04/11 03:41:44 (edited)
    Paul
    +2

http://youtu.be/vgCEZwrc1o8

http://youtu.be/-Z9MIiKHgXI

Ron Paul can beat Romney and Obama

http://youtu.be/S-ia2KC_E0Y

http://youtu.be/R6wzm7IQmg0
  • Paul 2012/04/11 01:28:14
    Mitt Romney
    Paul
    +3
    This thing has been between Romney and Ron Paul the entire time. All those clowns who came and went were just a distraction to keep the people from paying attention to Ron Paul.
  • Paul Paul 2012/04/11 14:06:03 (edited)
    Paul
    +1
    Reality Check: What Happens To Santorum’s Delegates?

• DoxieDad 2012/04/11 01:26:03 (edited)
    Newt Gingrich
    DoxieDad
    What a Putz. This guy is going to stay in this race long enough to sell as many of his books as he can. You watch over the next couple of weeks the party will not even recognize he exists. If he is in public it will be with his friends on FOX.

To all you RP supporters. If both Romney and the Grinch dropped out Obie would win in the biggest landslide since the fixed elections of Hugo Chavez. Why? Because half the Republican party and near all Independents would simply stay home. Ron Paul is going No Where. But, I would not want to confuse you all with any facts.

RP addition edit.
  • Paul DoxieDad 2012/04/11 02:50:58 (edited)
    Paul
    +4
    Wrong. Ron Paul would slay Obama.

Your thought process is faulty. RP draws the most independents. Only neocons like the other rep candidates, and of course the brainless like Obama.

Update: Ken Suitter Predicting Paul Winning ALL Delegates-Overflow Crowd for Paul Speech in Texas-Vids and Pics

http://www.dailypaul.com/2255...
  • DoxieDad Paul 2012/04/11 04:37:48
    DoxieDad
    Your thought process is faulty. I am an Independent a would not vote for Ron Paul.
    Oh he has a strong strong following like an Charismatic Evangelical Minister that is not enough to carry him anywhere. What are you all going to do when Ron decides to hang it up? Are you all gonna sit home and pout and kick the dust bunnies?

2014/10/20 09:52:43