Which deserves our help? The disabled vet or illegal alien?

Marie/M2M2K™-#1ConservativeGuru 2010/04/19 18:56:22
Disabled Vet
Illegal Alien

Note: I received this in an email. Whether it is completely true or not doesn't matter. I'm asking the question based on the information in this post. For those who do not seem to get a hypothetical-type question, here is a clue: A hypothetical-type question does not claim that a story is true. If you will notice, my very first sentence is a disclaimer to that effect. Those who come here to start an argument or fight will be banned.

received email completely true based information post

My name is d'Lynn. I'm a disabled Vietnam vet. I don't look too bad for a beat-up old fart, do I? And that's my ride. She's looking pretty good looking also, especially when you consider that she'll turn twenty this summer. That's right, it's a 1990 with a 1990 sidecar. I can't ride a solo bike, ergo the sidecar rig. It's my sole means of transportation - rain or shine, snow or wind, and this summer also marks a milestone in both of our lives, as I will finally be able to pay her off. Twenty years old? What? Why did it take so long? You weren't paying attention, were you? It's right at the beginning of this paragraph. I am a disabled vet, which means I receive a veterans administration disability pension, which also means "I'm broke!" Just one step ahead of being homeless every month, and that's not an idle statement or an"Oh, whoa is me"dire complaint. There’s a point to this, so hang in there a minute or two and read on.

There's a 25-year-old illegal immigrant woman living in Florida , with eight kids. Yes, eight quot;anchor babies" and she receives just shy of $1,500 per month per kid, plus medical, plus food stamps. Oh, wait. I've been informed that I shouldn't call them Food Stamps anymore. That's not PC. It's all called “Social Assistance” now. You do the math on that yourself. I'd say that she was schooled early in how to make it in the system. Twenty-five years old, eight kids . . . . . yep, she started early.

You can whip out the calculator if you want, but this women who never has paid a dime in taxes of any kind, (and still doesn't – she's 'illegal,' remember?) is here in this country illegally. She hasn’t paid one cent in medical for all the “anchor babies,” makes more in one month, legally, than I receive in over a year and a half in disability payments and I can't even get food stamps! Oops, I mean “Social Assistance.”

Technically I am eligible for “Social Assistance.” I was told it would be a walk through – a gimme – being disabled. No problem, and in the very next breath I was also informed that under the law the amount I received in “Social
Assistance” would be deducted from my disability pension.

Let's say I take a great photograph. It was just luck, a one of a kind accidental, in the right place at the right time shot. My local newspaper offers me fifty bucks to use the photo in a featured story. (I live in a small town and fifty bucks is all they could afford.) I have to report that fifty dollars to the VA as earned income, which will immediately be deducted from my next month’s disability check. If I don't report it I’m in violation of federal law and technically they can stop my disability pension and prosecute me under a federal felony. Pretty cool, eh? For fifty bucks.

I see no point in dealing with two federal bureaucracies, so I don't bother. What's the point?

She's here illegally and with justonekid would make over twice what I receive per month. She haseight and she’s not a stand-out case. She’s not alone. That's the way the system works. Millions of illegal immigrants know this, know how the system works and know how to use it. (Haven't you seen the pamphlet? It's handed out all along our borders, "The Illegal Immigrants' Guide to Keeping America Just The Way It Is.") and that's just the way it works.

Did you know that the federal government provides a “refugee” in this country with a monthly “stipend” of $1,890, plus $580 a month in “Social Assistance?” That’s $2,470 a month, tax-free. That's two and a half times what I’m
allowed to receive as a disabled vet. And just what did they do to earn this? All you have to do is show up on our collective doorstep, raise your right hand and swear that you're a refugee and, bingo, receive $30,000 a year, tax-free. That's
more than someone making $15 an hour, and they have to pay taxes to boot!

Now, in defense of the Veterans Administration, they are doing what they can with what they've got. This is precious little compared to what they should have to get the job done. At least this countryhasa VA. It's the Senate that keeps passing laws, rules and guidelines, cutting their budget, denying requests for more staff and computer systems to handle the massive work flow. Their hands are tied by the very government that's supposed to give them what they need to get the job done, by the government you voted into office. Don't scream at the VA. I have. It's misguided anger.

The point to this “story?” Just why are you paying such high taxes to support this incredibly screwed-up government? Why? And I’m not proposing you stop paying your taxes. That's wrong. There are good programs and reasons to
pay your taxes and support our government. What am I proposing? It's quite simple. Vote.

The government, our government, is broken and we as the voters serve as the maintenance crew. We fix it . . . . . by voting.

If your state Senator has been in office more than two terms, vote 'em out at the next election. If your state representative has been in office more than two terms, vote 'em out of office. We put term limits on just about every publicly-elected official in the country except the House and Senate. Why? Believe me, they know this and love it! Ahhh - the power!

I don't care how much you believe your Senator or Representative is doing a good job. They're not! Look at the government you have, that we have. How can you state they are doing what you want as the voter that put them there? How? Vote them out of office. Do it.

Change the course of this country's history by what you are granted and guaranteed under the law. Vote! And if you have the guts, the anger, the outrage, start a petition in your state for a state-wide initiative to be placed on your next state ballot. Limiting the terms of office for your state senators and state representatives to your federal government to two terms.

The federal government will never pass such a law, but you can. You can get it done. You can force it. You can make it a law.

This is the first step in “getting it right.” Just vote. It's simple. It's easy, dammit!

This first step will send a very clear message. It’ll work. It’ll put “us” back in control of “them.” As it should be. As it was intended in the first place.

Are you an American? Born and raised? Then vote!

Side note: I sent this e-mail to a little over one hundred on my e-mail list. If you believe I’m wrong or misguided or you simply don't agree, that's fine. Go right ahead a delete this e-mail. No problem. Sorry to have bothered you. But if you think I just might have a worthwhile idea, something we can easily accomplish, something that could be a small part at getting this country back under “our” control, then please pass this along.

• Sono Violado 2010/04/19 22:22:45
    Disabled Vet
    Sono Violado
    +14
    Illegals deserve nothing from the citizen funded programs they have exploited for years.

Our Vets deserve all we can give.

• Calroofer 2011/02/22 19:31:16 (edited)
    Disabled Vet
    Calroofer
    No American Should Be Jobless Or Homeless While Illegal's Work And Thrive By Stealing From Our System!

• Christo 2011/01/28 15:17:16
    Christo
    The story is bunk...anyone is accepts it as facts are a little brain dead.
  • Patrioteer 2010/08/10 01:43:29
    Disabled Vet
    Patrioteer
    This is the only choice for anyone who says they love America. Anyone who has served in the military in any capacity should be the first to receive the greatest benefits and care we have to offer. I am a veteran, as are three of my brothers. My son is active duty in the Army, and is home on leave after his first tour in Afghanistan. He lost 22 of his friends there, and has a few issues he will have to deal with for awhile. He is only 22 years old.

We have got to do something about what the Liberals and Progressives are doing to our country. And then we have to be vigilant so they never get into power again! Make sure everyone you know goes to the polls this November to vote these arrogant bastards out!
  • mowerman-back to bust libs 2010/08/09 02:50:02
    Disabled Vet
    mowerman-back to bust libs
    +1
    Only the Vet should get our help. The word illegal should be a clue that an illegal alien should get NO HELP!
  • USA 2010/05/09 20:04:21
    Disabled Vet
    USA
    +3
    Illegals do nothing but take, take take and want more.
  • JWW USA 2010/08/08 22:00:43
    JWW
    +1
    How can the millions of Americans who agree with you find a group to get behind which will eliminate the congressmen and senators who have gotten us into this mess and replace them with individuals who will put honor, integrity, truth and commitment to our constitution ahead of their personal gain and personal (political) well being?.
  • USER DEACTIVATED 2010/05/02 15:47:57
    Disabled Vet
    USER DEACTIVATED
    +2
    We owe it to our veterans to ensure that their sacrifices do not go unappreciated and unrewarded.
    What do we owe illegal aliens? A trip to the slammer followed by a one-way ticket back where they came from.
  • beachbum 2010/05/02 14:42:29
    Disabled Vet
    beachbum
    +3
    Any vet, and certainly any disabled vet........this shouldn't even be a question.
  • Marie/M... beachbum 2010/05/02 14:46:01
  • beachbum Marie/M... 2010/05/02 14:50:11
    beachbum
    +2
    We both know I'd only be wasting my time.
  • debrara... beachbum 2010/05/02 19:00:05
    debrarae POTL _ PWCM
    +3
    on that I agree!
  • JWW beachbum 2010/08/08 22:13:48
    JWW
    +2
    You have an individual in the white house who doesn't give a rats behind about honor, integrity or truth. And wouldn't you just love to have that son-of-a-b---- in a fox hole with you when the enemy was advancing from all around. Yeah, watch how well that lying silver tongue would serve him then. The strongest country in the world doesn't need a leader who assumes you and I want him to go around the world, bow and apologize to socialistic and Marxist Dictators for our "ancestors" assumptive and abusive "behavior". What a dark day this is for the America. I can only hope GOD will not turn his back on us as we have on Him.
  • Marie/M... JWW 2010/08/08 22:37:39
  • beachbum JWW 2010/08/09 00:52:04
    beachbum
    All very true - I mentally see him in a fox hole doing his best to bow down to the enemy, apologizing, and....

true mentally fox hole bow enemy apologizing
  • JoAnnePhinneySchnepp 2010/05/02 00:11:50
    Disabled Vet
    JoAnnePhinneySchnepp
    +4
    I love our military men and women. I've been an RN at the VA hospital in Tucson, and those men and women were some of the best patients I've ever cared for....(I've been an RN since 1967 too...so I am NO baby!) We have freedom of speech and actions because of our Military. They are the ONLY ones who work for our government who are really trying to keep terrorists out of our country and keep us safe. If there is an uprising in this country, my guess is most of the military...even disabled vets....will be right beside the American people because they HONOR the oath they took to uphold our Constitution and are NOT going to join up with those who are trying to rewrite it and all our American History with a bunch of nonsense. JoAnne
  • Patrioteer JoAnneP... 2010/08/10 01:21:04
    Patrioteer
    I agree. Veterans throughout the country, as well as a majority of active duty personnel, are very upset about what is happening to our Constitutional rights, and how Liberal judges and politicians are subverting what our founding fathers originally intended. It seems as though everything is upside down, and we MUST do everything in our power to make it right again. It starts by getting as many patriots as possible to the polls this November, and it ends.........well, it's too early to tell right now.
  • Chris 2010/04/25 09:17:38
    Disabled Vet
    Chris
    +3
    WHAT IS IT ABOUT ILLEGAL THAT THEY DON'T GET???? disabled vet illegal disabled vet illegal
  • Marie/M... Chris 2010/04/25 11:39:16
  • debrara... Chris 2010/05/02 19:00:30
    debrarae POTL _ PWCM
    +3
    That's what I want to know!
  • Isma'ila (God has heard)! 2010/04/24 01:29:57
    Disabled Vet
    Isma'ila (God has heard)!
    +4
    The disabled vet deserves help, not the illegal person!
  • debrara... Isma'il... 2010/05/02 19:00:54
  • Isma'il... debrara... 2010/05/02 22:32:51
    Isma'ila (God has heard)!
    +2
    Thank you!
  • John 2010/04/22 23:03:26
    Disabled Vet
    John
    +3
    I may be one sided on this one. I am also a Vet and disabled. Some how the Goverment lost all of my wartime service. They only show my peace time. Illegals should not be here. So how can they draw any funds from the Goverment.
  • debrara... John 2010/05/02 19:02:28
    debrarae POTL _ PWCM
    +3
    That's just it. They shouldn't be able to. Also if you have any of your records ... you can appeal so that all of your service is shown! My prayers are with you.
  • ProfaB 2010/04/22 16:52:35
    Disabled Vet
    ProfaB
    +2
    First and foremost those who give all for the safety and political ends of our nation should be taken care of for life!!! From special subsidies for education to housing, to top-notch medical care and serious programs to end veteran-homelessness. These are the most deserving people of all.

On the issue of illegals: they provide the back-breaking work that harvests our crops, work which many, if not all Americans would not like to do. This helps our farmers and economy, so they do provide a necessary structure to our economy. They deserve some respect and good working conditions, but not govt. subsidy.
  • Patrioteer ProfaB 2010/08/10 01:31:00
    Patrioteer
    I disagree with the second half of your argument. They deserve a ride to the border permanently! They, for the most part, have abused their privileges (being in this nation is a privilege!). MANY illegals work in construction in my state, California, at a time when that industry is the hardest hit in the state! If all of the illegals left our state tomorrow there would be a lot of jobs open for some of the 12.7% unemployed here!

As stated in this post, they are a drain on our nation's resources! They need to go, and the sooner the better! Political correctness and government ecology legislation in this state has also caused a lot of farming families in the central valley area to lose their farms as well, but that's another issue!
  • amazinggrace 2010/04/22 16:52:18
    Disabled Vet
    amazinggrace
    +5
    Support our veterans of course.
  • whitewulf--the unruly mobster 2010/04/22 16:15:30
  • rhstarr 2010/04/22 16:02:36
    Disabled Vet
    rhstarr
    +5
    I say take care of our vets they paid their due, not only by fighting for our country, but they also paid or/are pay taxes. They deserver better than what they are getting right now. Its not right that we are supporting all these illegals that come into this countrry that get on medicad and foodstamps and what ever progams that are out there that are being paid for with OUR taxes. My husband and I dont pay taxes to support illegals, we pay our taxes to support OUR country. I might be able to undersand it illegals got VISAs and worked and paid taxes not just come to OUR country and have these so called anchor babies. What do they do for our country nothing, and again what has or vets done for us, they fought for OUR country. Im sorry but we need to open our eyes who ever wrote this is right. We need to do something to take control of America. If not we might as well just give up and let other counties run it for us.
  • Rich 2010/04/22 13:04:49
    Disabled Vet
    Rich
    +6
    All illegal aliens deserve is a boot in the keister out of the country.
  • debrara... Rich 2010/05/02 19:04:02
    debrarae POTL _ PWCM
    +2
    Here here

• Patrioteer Rich 2010/08/10 01:32:37
    Patrioteer
    I agree!

• SethWreck 2010/04/22 08:39:00
    SethWreck
    +1
    I am prone to disliking a hypothetical question when it is the kind that makes growing space for hatred and prejudice...
  • Marie/M... SethWreck 2010/04/22 08:40:10
  • debrara... Marie/M... 2010/05/02 19:07:53
    debrarae POTL _ PWCM
    +2
    On that I agree

• whitewu... SethWreck 2010/04/22 16:17:21
  • Marie/M... whitewu... 2010/04/22 18:28:36
  • rhstarr whitewu... 2010/04/25 13:47:33
    rhstarr
    +2
    I know what you mean, why should our hard earn money go to those who work and keep every penny that they make. When whe americans have to give taxes. Its not right and I dont see how most of them get medicad and foodstamps thats just wrong. And seeing how you brought up education, I am tired of going in to my kids school only to find out that the teachers are giving more help to the non english speeking students. I am sorry not racest I am, cause I part Hispanic, my grandparents were born and raised in the US, and even though they speak spanish at home they speak english every where else. I mean last year if I would not have step into the school that my kids went to I would not have believed that they were doing this, I mean what the hell teach the class in english and then turn around and teach the same subject in spanish. So tell me how is any studnet get help when the teachers are to busy teaching in two diffent langues. Its a wonder why our students are not doing well in school, when they are not getting the help that they need. I say send all the ILLEGALs back to where they came and if their kids were born here and under 18 send them with their parents. Sorry, but I am tired of giving up my tax dollars to people that dont pay taxes, and I am tired of the fact that most IL...
    I know what you mean, why should our hard earn money go to those who work and keep every penny that they make. When whe americans have to give taxes. Its not right and I dont see how most of them get medicad and foodstamps thats just wrong. And seeing how you brought up education, I am tired of going in to my kids school only to find out that the teachers are giving more help to the non english speeking students. I am sorry not racest I am, cause I part Hispanic, my grandparents were born and raised in the US, and even though they speak spanish at home they speak english every where else. I mean last year if I would not have step into the school that my kids went to I would not have believed that they were doing this, I mean what the hell teach the class in english and then turn around and teach the same subject in spanish. So tell me how is any studnet get help when the teachers are to busy teaching in two diffent langues. Its a wonder why our students are not doing well in school, when they are not getting the help that they need. I say send all the ILLEGALs back to where they came and if their kids were born here and under 18 send them with their parents. Sorry, but I am tired of giving up my tax dollars to people that dont pay taxes, and I am tired of the fact that most ILLEGALs get more help than or vets and more help than our homless people. Hell may be if the ILLEGALs stay in the states we should charge their country for letting them stay here. May be that would help pay for these programs.
  • debrara... rhstarr 2010/05/02 19:11:31 (edited)
    debrarae POTL _ PWCM
    +1
    I thank you for your insight

insight
  • debrara... whitewu... 2010/05/02 19:06:56
    debrarae POTL _ PWCM
    +1
    You and me both....

2014/10/25 05:37:22