Where you listening to the creaking door opening of Communism the other day?

Space Invader 2012/08/12 10:35:09
Yes!
no
What's Communism?

Nationalize All Industries

Our President said, “When the American industry was on the brink of collapse, more than one million jobs at stake, Governor Romney said, let’s let Detroit go bankrupt. I said, I believe in American workers, I believe in this American industry, and now the American auto industry has come roaring back and GM is number one again. So now I want to do the same thing with manufacturing jobs, not just in the auto industry, but in every industry, I don’t want those jobs taking root in places like China.”

Nationalizing entire industries worked very poorly under dictatorships and communist centralized economies. In fact, they were so dysfunctional, despite grandiose economic five-year plans designed by the communist party apparatchiks who had no idea how to run a lemonade stand, they have all collapsed since 1989, with the exception of Cuba and North Korea, and we know how “well-off” their citizens are and how much individual freedom they have. Communist China had to modify its centralized economic control and adopt successful capitalist models. Managed economies are not the solution, capitalism and entrepreneurship are.

GM and Chrysler Fiat’s roaring sales are due to subsidized sales, indirect funding by the government

President Obama’s auto bailout cost taxpayers $60,000 per job saved. GM and Chrysler Fiat’s roaring sales are due to subsidized sales, indirect funding by the government, “sub-prime auto loans to inflate their car sales, selling automobiles to people who cannot afford them.” (Michael Savage, Savage Nation, August 9, 2012)

Taxpayers lost $20 to $23 billion in the auto bailout. The Obama Administration redistributed $26.5 more to the union than UAW would have received legally in the bankruptcy proceedings had the rule of law and contract been followed. “Thus the entire loss to the taxpayers from the auto bailout comes from the funds diverted to the UAW.” (Amy Payne, Heritage Foundation, June 13, 2012)

Mismanagement and high union labor costs contributed heavily to the bankruptcies

Mismanagement and high union labor costs, $70.51per hour in wages and benefits for GM and $75.86 per hour for Chrysler, contributed heavily to the bankruptcies that necessitated the bailout in the first place.

Secured creditors and investors should have had prior claim, in accordance with the law. Unsecured creditors should have received proportional payouts from the bankruptcy. A special trust fund protected UAW, while other creditors received fractions of what they were owed. UAW received billions and partial ownership, and Fiat, a foreign corporation, received part-ownership of Chrysler. UAW workers continued to receive huge compensations when compared to the much lower compensation of $47 per hour for Nissan and Toyota workers. Stephen Rattner, President Obama’s car czar said, “We should have asked UAW to do a bit more. We did not ask any UAW member to take a cut in their pay.”

According to Amy Payne, the auto bailout was not a bailout of GM and Chrysler but a bailout of the auto union by American taxpayers who make on the average $30 per hour in wages and benefits. (Auto Bailout Was Really Just a UAW Bailout, Heritage Foundation, June 13, 2012)

GM did not just become Government Motors, it became China Motors

The issue is more complex. GM did not just become Government Motors, it became China Motors. After $80 billion of taxpayers’ dollars “saved” GM and Chrysler, GM opened a plant in Wuling, China. Research and development for car design was moved to China. Dan Akerson, CEO of GM said in Shanghai, China, in February 2011:

“Seven out of ten automobiles were made outside of the United States. We have 11 joint ventures in China with SAIC and FAW. We operate 11 assembly plants in China, four power train plants in eight cities across the country. We have more than 2,700 dealerships and sales outlets nationwide. We regard our eleven joint ventures as 11 keys to success. Not just in China but globally. Our commitment to working in China, with China, for China remains strong and focused in the future. We are now building out the advanced technology center which will bring our research and development that is centered largely in the U.S.; we are going to diversify that more into China because we think this market is so critically important to the success of our company. GM is a company well established for the future in China.” (May 4, 2012, video clip narrated by Vince Wade)

I wonder how millions of unemployed Americans feel about their bailout money that is now invested in China with SAIC, the Shanghai Automotive Industry Corporation which is run by the communist government of China who owns and controls most of the manufacturing and with the FAW, another Chinese government owned manufacturer. If Americans truly own GM, should the cars, jobs, and investments not be made in the United States? Why build China from the ground up while our American economy and infrastructure crumbles and turns to “has been” and dust?

Read More: http://www.canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/4...

• Claybern 2012/08/13 03:58:18
    Yes!
    Claybern
    +2
    It's coming so it's time to get a grip.
  • A Founding Father 2012/08/12 23:11:21 (edited)
    A Founding Father
    +2
    Absurd twists of the illogical minds of ideologues who haven't any compassion for America's employed workers. This nonsense is probably an example of the "logic"
    that MItten and Smitten will employ if elected? Or, is Space Invader just another
    airhead radical from the right wing, separating himself from the Republican Party?

The workers employed in America's auto industry number more than one million.
    With their families, that means more than four million Americans still have homes,
    can pay their own bills, are not drawing unemployment checks and living on food
    stamps. How much griping and whining can this nutcase do about such facts - these
    families are working and contributing!!!! Good God, do we have to listen to nonsense
    like this from a disturbed mind of the farside destructors?
  • Gordon 2012/08/12 22:42:18
    Yes!
    Gordon
    Obama really does want to destroy what remains of the American work ethic. Neither Socialism nor Communism has worked anywhere larger than a commune. Far too many people are far too happy to let other people work for them while they produce illegitimate kids.
  • heirsoftheking 2012/08/12 22:29:43 (edited)
    heirsoftheking
    Rev. 21:8 says the vile, the murderers, and all liars shall be throw into the Lake of Burning Sulfur. All communists will spend eternity in Hell, because that's what they've done since they came into existence.
  • Herb 2012/08/12 21:43:23
    Yes!
    Herb
    like he did with gm 40m they still owe us 503 shares of stock that went down from 35 to 22 dollars a share a wonderful job he did. he wantd to do it to all factory jobs.
  • JCD aka "biz" 2012/08/12 20:52:11
    no
    JCD aka "biz"
    +1
    Right-Wingers love to outsource American jobs, but they don't want to save American industries.
    RR (not Rolls Royce) will have problems explainig their anti-American plan to voters.
  • Herb JCD aka... 2012/08/12 21:44:20
    Herb
    +1
    like obama didn't let Ge out source to china right you obama lover.
  • Brian 2012/08/12 19:40:50
    Yes!
    Brian
    I don't think the door is creaking open anymore, the hinges of that door have been regularly oiled since Woodrow Wilsons time in office. When Obam arrived on the scene he found it opened smoothly and without much effort.
  • JCD aka... Brian 2012/08/12 21:25:53
    JCD aka "biz"
    What about the Populist movement, the 1887 ICC Act, the 1890 Sherman Act, Teddy Roosevelt etc.?
  • Brian JCD aka... 2012/08/13 00:03:52
    Brian
    Ahhh....oookay ?
  • Cat 2012/08/12 19:30:26
    Yes!
    Cat
    Yes. I picked up on that right away.
  • Sweet-N-Sour 2012/08/12 19:09:49
    Yes!
    Sweet-N-Sour
    I think a lot of people need a hearing check though.
  • Captain-Morgan 2012/08/12 19:04:43
    Yes!
    Captain-Morgan
    I HEARD IT THE DAY OBAMA WAS ELECTED TO POTUS... AND IT'S BEEN GETTING WIDER, AND WIDER EVERY MONTH.. TIME TO CLOSE THAT DOOR, AND NAIL IT SHUT FOR GOOD...
  • Freeranger 2012/08/12 18:58:35
    Yes!
    Freeranger
    +1
    I think a few people sat up.....yes.
  • Shelly Sue 2012/08/12 18:34:29
    Yes!
    Shelly Sue
    +1
    I have heard it time and time again. I heard it when he said: "You did not build this." as well. I heard it as he has left our borders open so that terrorist from all over may pass into our country to do us harm. Then did executive orders making illegal be legal. I heard it as nothing is done while the head of our security Eric Holder armed our enemies and nothing is being done about it. That you mention was not the beginning of the communist creaking of the door. The questions I ask to myself is: "Could we already be under the rule of communist and not even know it? Will we sit down for it or will there be another revolution?" I hope I am wrong on all accounts.
  • jcadla 2012/08/12 17:16:07
    Yes!
    jcadla
    +2
    Yes. Barack Obama hates our system of government,-our Representative Republic and our Constitution. He hates it because this nation was founded on Christian principles, and on Buddhist and on Hindu and many other peaceful and loving, or at least, trusting religions,-religions that actually accept others beliefs and still may remain true to their own. I believe, in his heart, he is still a Muslim and the different things he says are such that they will, eventually, steer this Nation into Islam.
    If we think about it, Communism and Islam are much the same in many ways,- complete central power over the masses where all decisions are made by the high Mullahs,-or the Central Committee, so to speak. This man's life has been built by Islam, (his father, et al) white American Christian haters (per Jeremiah Wright, his 20 year racist Pastor) and American terrorists, William Ayers and Bernadine Dohrn, who blew up American buildings and regretted only, there hadn't been more.
    He refuses to prove his eligibility to be President, He has done nothing of any value for this country in his life, he sports a phony Social Security Card and now a respected investigative reporter suggests he may have been homosexual, or bisexual, in his college years; he wore a wedding band as a student indicatin...

He refuses to prove his eligibility to be President, He has done nothing of any value for this country in his life, he sports a phony Social Security Card and now a respected investigative reporter suggests he may have been homosexual, or bisexual, in his college years; he wore a wedding band as a student indicating he was 'taken.'
    And he is getting away with everything because of peoples' fears of being considered racist if they criticize him.
    Yeah, I heard the 'creaking door,' (from "Inner Sanctum") and it sounds very spooky. If we do not stop it, please rent the video, 'Solyent Green,' to have a peek of our future. This ain't no joke, folks...
  • Golden Panther 2012/08/12 16:27:00
    Yes!
    Golden Panther
    +5
    I really did not hear the creaking as the door in question has been wide open and sucking in the lemmings by millions since the pro communists, Muslims, and racists gained power back in 2006,,,the true date in infamy. If these soul less cretins are not halted, in the forthcoming election, be prepared to be a good communist, obeying Shari'a law and elevating the cause of illegal aliens.
  • mich52 2012/08/12 15:41:09
  • Golden ... mich52 2012/08/12 16:31:09
  • mich52 Golden ... 2012/08/12 17:49:42
  • JCD aka... Golden ... 2012/08/12 21:24:04
    JCD aka "biz"
    +1
    Mandela???
  • Veni Vidi Golden ... 2012/08/13 10:11:50
    Veni Vidi
    +1
    Mandella? As in Nelson? He is a bad person for putting an end to a racist regime?
    Thanks. Now we know your frame of mind.
  • RTHTGakaRoland 2012/08/12 15:40:44
  • HOMBRE 2012/08/12 15:03:30 (edited)
    Yes!
    HOMBRE
    +7
    Ya you can see the dumbing down of even the college kids. I saw a reporter at brown college interviewing students.A question was asked if he could name the three branches of government? A student in his 3rd year answered yes I do. He answered dem. repub, and independent.

Another question to the students out of every dollar you make how much you expect to keep. They replied 85 cents of every dollar.Than they were asked about Obamacare they were all for it.. They were told that 50 cent out of every dollar will be going for taxes.It was like a deer looking into a headlight of a oncoming car.They didn't understand it. Yes communism has their foot in the door.
  • JCD aka... HOMBRE 2012/08/12 15:28:08
    JCD aka "biz"
    +3
    Actually, taxes represent around 25% of the US GDP. One of the smallest tax loads in the Western world.
    On the other hand, you spend 17% of your GDP on health care, vs. 6-11% in other rich countries which have long adopted universal health care.
  • Space I... JCD aka... 2012/08/12 17:32:03
    Space Invader
    +3
    why does everyone want to be like other countries?
    I never understood that...
    Switzerland seems to be a close comparison for a decent place; but it's not even close..
    All the Nazi gold and antiquities saw to that
  • HOMBRE Space I... 2012/08/12 17:50:55
    HOMBRE
    +3
    Who the hell care about what other countries do. This is America. They should be setting their standards to us
  • JCD aka... HOMBRE 2012/08/12 20:47:31
    JCD aka "biz"
    +1
    You mean, like wasting as much money on health care as American people, and having lower life expectancy?
  • HOMBRE JCD aka... 2012/08/12 20:51:51
    HOMBRE
    +1
    Let me guess in a coffee shop and the waiter worried about you paying your bill?
  • JCD aka... HOMBRE 2012/08/12 21:27:34
    JCD aka "biz"
    ???

You're feeling well? My GP can find a solution, it will cost you 23 euros.
  • Space I... JCD aka... 2012/08/13 13:42:16
    Space Invader
    euros..the future toilet paper of Europe..
  • Veni Vidi JCD aka... 2012/08/13 10:15:26
    Veni Vidi
    I can't wait to go bankrupt because I've got sick...
  • JCD aka... Veni Vidi 2012/08/13 10:25:29
    JCD aka "biz"
    You live in Belgium, so getting medical treatment shouldn't be too expensive.
  • Veni Vidi JCD aka... 2012/08/13 10:42:04 (edited)
    Veni Vidi
    +1
    Exactly my point. This guy thinks the world should set their standards to the USA standards. If that happens, people in Europe might go bankrupt from a cough.
  • JCD aka... Veni Vidi 2012/08/13 17:38:30
    JCD aka "biz"
    +1
    Exactly.
  • JCD aka... Space I... 2012/08/12 20:49:04
    JCD aka "biz"
    +1
    American Right-Wingers want to dominate the world, but they are afraid of international comparisons. Sounds logical.
  • Space I... JCD aka... 2012/08/13 13:43:13
    Space Invader
    I'm an American first...
  • woodstock 2012/08/12 14:58:10
    Yes!
    woodstock
    +6
    If it walks like a duck and looks like a duck it must be a duck. Obama associates with communist and we the American people can't even see any of his records because they are sealed. He says one thing and means another to betray and deceive the American people into thinking someone he is not. The dumb ones he has no concern for because he knows they will follow him off the cliff. The smart ones he is trying to win over to his side are much harder to convince so he does that my trying to take their American dream away, like home, family, and God. They call that starvation which is a slow death. His pride and greed and hunger for power will be his downfall because what he dosn't get is there is POWER IN THE PEOPLE. GOD BLESS AMERICA
  • mac9 2012/08/12 14:44:18
    Yes!
    mac9
    +3
    That is his ideology and that's why he must go!
    +4
    Obama's example in the GM products is a hiddeous mess that the American Public has been designated to pay for...... This is a Constitutional Absuridity. It is non- Constitutional and it is one of the few acts of Obama that only borders and skirts Constitutionality. Almost everything else is based on his own TREASON. How can "W" be the blame for this. May Obama find danger in "Nooses" and Ropes in General. TREASON is not a light charge to be thrown ..............

2014/10/21 10:31:15