Where Should Ron Paul Fit in at the GOP Convention?

Fef 2012/08/08 21:00:00
“I can tell you that both Ron and Rand will have an important role in the convention and their supporters and ideals will be well represented,” said Jesse Benton, who managed Ron Paul’s presidential campaign.

WASHINGTONPOST.COM reports:
An initial list of GOP convention speakers doesn’t include either Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas) or his son, Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.)
include rep ron paul r-texas son sen rand paul r-ky

Read More: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/post/w...

• DDogbreath 2012/08/08 21:24:35
    He should be featured
    DDogbreath
    +38
    First of all you are wrong!

I took a screen shot of the headline I answered

(click to enlarge)
    Liberty  Truth  Ron Paul

Ron Paul is not a "Former Candidate" unless you are referring to the Republican party's grave mistake of election 2008.

Ron Paul is currently a presidential candidate for election 2012. The only problem we have as a country is letting the main stream media elect our leaders for us.

Why did they "black out" the "Campaign for Liberty" when they were clearly gaining more support than douche bag Romney?

You didn't see this on TV did you?

leaders black campaign liberty gaining support douche bag romney tv

You didn't see this either.

I hope Ron Paul pulls off a coup at the convention. Romney and Obama are both puppets of the NWO and the bankers, they offer no solutions to the problems we face as a country, they are both BS artists.

Ron Paul tells you the truth and has the solutions. He can "lead by example" and wants America to do the same.

Liberty  Truth  Ron Paul

• gary gary 2012/08/13 23:20:52
    gary
    Fool us once GOP, fool us twice you will never fool us again GOP.
  • SunShine gary 2012/08/14 03:25:50
    SunShine
    where did I say that Ron Paul is nuts?? If you are that radical then I see why you are saying the things you are.. you sound just like a liberal.. exaggerating and twisting everything..
  • SunShine gary 2012/08/27 04:50:56
    SunShine
    I did NOT say anything like that.. where do you see that??
  • Buffalo... SunShine 2012/08/15 15:11:01 (edited)
    Buffalobill91
    yeah.. you are right--- that isn't "presidential material" ....

like you said--- he is a nice guy, with principles and is honest.

...oh... and not a bankster loving nwo puppet like choice A or B on the ballot this election.
  • BlackSouth SunShine 2012/08/21 07:19:42
    BlackSouth
    He is still on the ticket. he just said he will not be actively campaigning and he is still winning delegates.
  • BlackSouth SunShine 2012/08/21 07:18:24
    BlackSouth
    That means you will probably be dead by the time Romney's plan will balance the budget since it may be around 2040 if it balances at all.
  • Buffalo... SunShine 2012/08/15 15:06:18 (edited)
  • SunShine Buffalo... 2012/08/15 15:18:38
    SunShine
    yes it does make a difference.. Romney will give us the chance (time) to make changes.. I think some of those puppets are in for a big surprise..
  • BlackSouth SunShine 2012/08/21 07:15:09
  • Striker joe ram... 2012/08/13 17:25:53
    Striker
    yeah right, we must continue with more-of-the-same. Liberty is obsolete, right?
  • KG 2012/08/10 21:31:40
    He should be featured
    KG
    +5
    As no one else before him or after. A truth teller on stage! God Bless Ron Paul.
  • dekecds 2012/08/10 20:46:05
    He should be featured
    dekecds
    +5
    What he really should be is President! I think that Dennis Kucinich and Ron Paul would be a Dynamic duo!
  • TheBadOne dekecds 2012/08/10 23:17:23 (edited)
    TheBadOne
    +4
    That mash-up is so mixed up that it would probably be more effective than the leadership we've had in office for the last 35 years!
  • JeanLou... dekecds 2012/08/11 12:49:19
    JeanLouiseCollins
    +1
    They don't have the charisma needed to be elected in our media driven,star studded land.
    Obama's smile is like high beams and his voters are deer caught in the headlights.
    GOD Bless America..we need help.We have to fall in love with our candidtes.How dumb!!
  • SunShine dekecds 2012/08/13 07:31:10
    SunShine
    really?? Dennis Kucinich is a commie.. member for a long time of the Socialist party of America..
  • dekecds SunShine 2012/08/13 12:35:57
    dekecds
    +2
    Why, if you don't mind me asking, do you think that he is a commie? I consider my political preferences to be well researched, but I am also not without fault. Please elaborate, and I promise not to shoot back with rhetoric and name calling, like so many other soda heads do. You could send me a message if you wish to refrain from unncecessary trolls in the open forum here. I uphold that it is better to be well informed about a candidate than it is to be well armed in his defense.
  • NOT14U2 dekecds 2012/08/13 17:35:44
    NOT14U2
    +1
    I can Imagine that you've received no message because substance is missing from their argument.
  • SunShine NOT14U2 2012/08/13 22:53:00
    SunShine
    excuse me?? are you calling me a liar?? There is nothing missing from my FACTS.. Kucinich is actually a Vice Chairman of the party..
  • SunShine dekecds 2012/08/13 22:49:17
    SunShine
    He is a registered member of the party.. ??

The Socialist Party of America announced in their October 2009 newsletter that 70 Congressional democrats currently belong to their caucus. This admission was recently posted on Scribd.com:

American Socialist Voter–

Q: How many members of the U.S. Congress are also members of the DSA?
    A: Seventy

Q: How many of the DSA members sit on the Judiciary Committee?
    A: Eleven: John Conyers [Chairman of the Judiciary Committee], Tammy Baldwin, Jerrold Nadler, Luis Gutierrez, Melvin Watt, Maxine Waters, Hank Johnson, Steve Cohen, Barbara Lee, Robert Wexler, Linda Sanchez. [there are 23 Democrats on the Judiciary Committee of which eleven, almost half, are now members of the DSA].

Q: Who are these members of 111th Congress?
    A: See the listing below

Co-Chairs
    Hon. Raúl M. Grijalva (AZ-07) Hon. Lynn Woolsey (CA-06)

Vice Chairs
    Hon. Diane Watson (CA-33)
    Hon. Sheila Jackson-Lee (TX-18)
    Hon. Mazie Hirono (HI-02)
    Hon. Dennis Kucinich (OH-10)
  • dekecds SunShine 2012/08/14 03:19:54
    dekecds
    I have seen the agenda of this party and while I don't agree with everything, I do think that a lot of what they are aiming at is further from socialist than the standard democratic party agenda. They are very similar in their pursuit to libertarians in many cases.
    Currently, I will take the lesser of three evils when faced with the Communist actions of Obama and his Democratic party and the panty waisted pseudo-conservative agenda of any of the recent GOP candidates.
    Ultimately, I think that Kucinich's views and "put-your-foot-down" leadership coupled with Ron Paul's policy suggestions and economic views would complement each other quite well.
    I will grant you that calling yourself socialist is like signing your own resignation with the conservatives in this country, but I have given up on the conservatives as anything but a convenient escape from the destructive democratic national convention's ideas.
    I still don't see what you are basing your "Commie" label on. I was hoping that you would cite some actual policies upheld or supported by Kucinich that pointed to a communist ideal, rather than membership in a club that has little actual influence on American policy.
    If your only counter to this view poit is that some others in this club have done " such-and-such" , then I see...

If your only counter to this view poit is that some others in this club have done " such-and-such" , then I see that you have missed my point.
    For Example:
    I was once a member of the BSA (Boy Scouts of America), and just because several members of the same organization (which does foster relationships between men and young boys) decided that it was ok to practice pedophilic tendencies in their line of duty, does not mean that I condone that.
  • SunShine dekecds 2012/08/21 14:45:16
    SunShine
    there are none so blind as those who will not see..
  • dekecds SunShine 2012/08/22 16:40:59
    dekecds
    Good maxim. Don't forget, also, that there are none so ignorant as those who have no knowledge of what they post about.

Cite your references...
  • SunShine dekecds 2012/08/22 20:10:35
    SunShine
    go to the web site for the socialist party of America
  • dekecds SunShine 2012/08/23 11:35:18
    dekecds
    stop being lazy....
  • SunShine dekecds 2012/08/23 13:20:27
    SunShine
    lol.. me lazy?? I'm 70 yrs old and I work hard about 10 hours a day and then I look after my home and cooking..and I get a few minutes here in the evening and early am..
  • Scott 2012/08/10 20:01:47
    He should be acknowledged
    Scott
    +2
    Ron should at least be acknowledged - perhaps featured. He was a viable candidate until the media dismissed him. People hardly got to hear him speak in the debates. I like his domestic policies - a lot! (foreign policies - not so much)

But the thing is, he still has many, fervent supporters. I've bumped into many of them here. They're damn near militant about voting for Ron Paul. The convention is the perfect place to bury the hatchet, let Ron Paul speak in a prominent place of the convention. If he spoke about domestic stuff, he and Romney would basically be on the same page, and the stuff Romney hasn't addressed, maybe Paul could light a fire under his ass. If he were allowed to something like this, really fully endorse Romney, I think it would be a really good thing for the campaign. It would also serve as yet another wake up call to the republican 'establishment' that it's NOT business as usual.
  • Buffalo... Scott 2012/08/11 08:20:52
    Buffalobill91
    +3
    I like your idea... but the hatchet cant be buried--- imo one is a patriot, the other a puppet.

Big money, the media, and banksters wanted Romney, so they got him...

People who have a grasp on what it was going to take to get our country back from the brink of collapse wanted Paul, hence the reasoning behind the fervent, damn near militant supporters.. unfortunately there are too many sheep on this farm.
  • Scott Buffalo... 2012/08/13 14:52:46
    Scott
    +1
    All the more reason to have Paul participate. If Paul supporters blow their opportunity to support Romney, let's face it, they are basically tossing their vote Obama's way, and all that patriotic fervor and principles to save the country will be for naught.

I understand your point of view - I really do. But, for what ever reason Paul did not win the candidacy. There's two options as I see it.

Option 1 - Accept Romney at this point as a better alternative to Obama. It certainly buys you some time. Then prepare a better, stronger campaign for the next time around.

Option 2 - Revolution - It's not the way to go as long as there are other alternatives in my opinion. If Obama wins in November, please ask me again.
  • Buffalo... Scott 2012/08/15 15:26:40 (edited)
    Buffalobill91
    I agree--but the only solution is to have Romney the "face" and Paul 100% the brains, which isnt going to happen because the media has already convinced the sheeple majority that Paul and his words are irrelevant. Maybe taking Ron Paul as VP would've been the answer there but he didnt even do that because it would've been more of a risk than taking Paul Ryan..we all know the TV should decide the election anyway--because we are all so busy working hard to pay back our debt to pay attention and decide for ourselves whats best for the country--so we let paid media professionals (paid by who?) call the shots.

So, insane as Option#2 is----- with around of 90% of your country being nothing but lifetime slaves to their personal debt and interest--and to the 16 trillion in federal debt (more like 60 trillion), the majority of which is owed NOT to China as they would like you to believe, but to the federal reserve along with its European bankster backers at this point... the same suckers who tried to take us back in the 1800's that Andrew Jackson stopped-- are going to finally get what they wanted so long ago...

"You are a den of vipers. I intend to rout you out and by the Eternal God I will rout you out. If the people only understood the rank injustice of our money and banking system, there would be a revolution before morning." --Andrew Jackson, 1828

so in retrospect, either way-----I think you are going to get choice #2.
  • Scott Buffalo... 2012/08/15 15:48:12
    Scott
    I think I'll give Option #1 a try first.
  • Buffalo... Scott 2012/08/15 15:49:20 (edited)
    Buffalobill91
    I suppose thats only logical.
  • Scott Buffalo... 2012/08/15 15:58:25
    Scott
    +1
    That's kind of what I was thinking too.
  • Denny 2012/08/10 19:45:52
    He should be featured
    Denny
    +2
    He can always stand at the door passing out programs. Perhaps helping people to their seats.
  • CA Gal 2012/08/10 19:44:45
    He should be featured
    CA Gal
    +3
    He should have been the feature attraction as the nominee. I would have voted for Ron Paul but since they put Romney up there instead, my vote will go to President Obama. Ron Paul would have made an excellent President.
  • Marek CA Gal 2012/08/11 02:08:56
    Marek
    +4
    That is not a good endorsement for Ron Paul if you consider him only slightly better than obama.
  • CA Gal Marek 2012/08/11 16:42:20
    CA Gal
    +2
    Where did you read "slightly" better than President Obama in there? Better re-read it again.
  • natwebb CA Gal 2012/08/11 05:29:09
    natwebb
    +2
    That makes no sense. I would prefer Ron Paul over Romney, but just because I don't get to have my way on that does not mean I switch from the candidate who honors the constitution to Obama, who sees is as in the way of hope and change.
  • CA Gal natwebb 2012/08/11 16:48:08
    CA Gal
    +2
    You really need to look at the written word....it's quite clear, I like Ron Paul but don't like Romney. Republican's aren't nominating Ron Paul therefore, I will vote for President Obama because he is more honorable than Romney. My opinion, my vote. Very simple!
  • Marek CA Gal 2012/08/11 17:29:33
    Marek
    Obama is more honorable? You don't care for Ron Paul, he is merely an excuse for you to vote for mister obama and then hypocritically claim that you had no choice because republicans did not nominate Paul.
  • CA Gal Marek 2012/08/11 19:47:44
    CA Gal
    +2
    You presume to know what I care about? LMAO You don't even know me. If you did, you'd know that I am more a Libertarian than Democrat or Republican. Therefore, Ron Paul would naturally be my first choice. Simply because Republicans did not nominate Ron Paul, I do have a choice...Romney or Obama. I will go with Obama. Just because you may not like President Obama, there are others that do...this is the beauty of a Republic.

2014/11/23 06:04:59