Where is the outrage for violent attacks following the Trayvon Martin Catastrophe??

Flowers 2012/04/09 15:04:42
my opinion...
Doesn't effect me, I don't care
Well, it's official. Violent attacks against white people in response to the slanted news coverage and release of inaccurate facts considering the Trayvon Martin case have begun. But, I haven't seen anything being mentioned online at the same news organizations that jumped like a jack rabbit at the controversy in Sanford, FL.

I don't watch local or national news on TV and haven't for a while. SO, I'm basing this on online articles and google searches today. Here is what I found:

http://www.floridapoliticalpress.com/2012/04/04/in-light-of-t...

http://blackracismandracehatred.blogspot.com/2012/02/12-more-...

http://www.theroot.com/white-teenager-lit-on-fire-black-teens...

http://www.theroot.com/n-word-bus-fight-iraq-veteran-black-kids

http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-Fire/2012/04/03/Man-78-reco...

I think you get the point.... None of these articles are from major news sources. Not even Fox (just pointing that out to the haters) I didn't purposely LOOK for off-beat articles, if you don't believe me go search for yourself.

This is a tragic situation in this country, and if BOTH SIDES ever want to be able to live in a country were race isn't a dividing issue, THIS needs to be addressed. Now.

• trentinafur 2012/04/09 16:11:05 (edited)
    my opinion...
    trentinafur
    +10
    As so many others have already stated - the difference is in the fact that the known shooter - George Zimmerman - is still a free man - and the distinct possibility that a homicide might not even be brought to court..

Secondly - the law that empowered Zimmerman to pursue Trayvon with a gun - the controversial "Stand Your Ground" law in Florida - also has thrown gasoline on this case.

Pretty obvious answers here...

• Stan Kapusta 2012/04/25 23:20:20
    my opinion...
    Stan Kapusta
    +1
    People seen the sensational journalism and the soapbox racists for what is was. Cooler heads prevailed. Now a search for evidence. Not hearsay.
  • ☆stillthe12c☆ 2012/04/25 19:10:51
    my opinion...
    ☆stillthe12c☆
    Sorry, but that is not news in today's world. From what I understand it is not even making their local news.
  • Flowers ☆stillt... 2012/04/25 19:25:51
    Flowers
    +1
    there was a story I read yesterday where a man was brutally attacked by a group of black kids, yelling about trayvon but it is not being considered a hate crime. I don't like the term "hate crime" I think it distracts from the issue of justice for the victim and punishment for the criminals but if they are going to use hate crimes, then it needs to be across the board and impartial. I don't see much of that anymore, and it makes me sad to think I have to grow up in this world and raise a child around this much hate.
  • ☆stillt... Flowers 2012/04/25 19:52:36
    ☆stillthe12c☆
    +1
    We do have hate crimes, but the definition is all wrong. Two guy's get into a fight and if it turns out that one of the guy's is gay they call it a hate crime. A crime should be determined by the crime commited and not on whom it was committed. I totally agree with you. Any time that some one takes someone and drags them behind a vehical should be a hate crime, not just because the person was black or white gay or otherwise.
  • Matt 2012/04/12 03:05:15 (edited)
    my opinion...
    Matt
    +1
    In order to survive, children of all races have to acquire "street cred" by looking and acting like gangstas. Apparently, Trayvon had a fairly convincing act.
  • hari 2012/04/11 14:00:43
    my opinion...
    hari
    i substantiate opinion of trentinafur
  • jubil8 BN-0 PON 2012/04/10 17:44:43
    my opinion...
    jubil8 BN-0 PON
    Like it or not Trayvon Martin's story has become a catalyst for a lot of rage and frustration. Rather than just condemning it, I think we should listen. That doesn't mean ignore it or whitewash it, it means try to understand what's making it happen. Why this? Why now? Etc.

All these articles beg one of the central problems of Trayvon's story: ALL of the crimes in the articles have led to an arrest. Zimmerman is a free man (ok, living in fear for your life isn't the kind of freedom most of us look for, but he's not behind bars).

MANY people (I'm one) believe the State's Attorney was wrong not to follow the recommendation of the lead SPD detective and detain Zimm while a thorough investigation was carried out. I'm glad he recused himself and glad Gov. Scott appointed a special prosecutor. Given what's happening around the country, I hope she hurries.
  • aneed2know 2012/04/10 04:35:11 (edited)
    my opinion...
    aneed2know
    +2
    once again a idiot trying to find parity where there is none to be found. In all these examples, you fail to mention one fact. All but one the people who committed these crimes are either in jail, were put under arrest and the prosecutor had to prove they were guilty.

Where as Zimmerman has been allowed to walk free, and so far the courts or justice system has yet to seek justice for a child who was stalked, confronted and then killed.

So no parity, but you keep looking for it and when you find it i will yell from the tallest mountain.

Eureka she found it.

Eureka
  • Flowers aneed2know 2012/04/10 12:00:50
    Flowers
    +1
    Not really, considering the trayvon case is a month old and the other stories aren't. I could have searched thru unsolved cases and got the same result. Second, witness confirm the self defense story. Injurys to Zimmerman confirm as well. No one should have died, but if trayvon supporters would stop for one second and look at a few things: the media purposely lied to u in order to force certain emotions and no one should be okay with that. There are statistics showing the crime rate in the city and people need to realize that. Don't call me an idiot, just because I have a different opinion doesn't make me wrong.
  • jubil8 ... Flowers 2012/04/10 17:33:05
    jubil8 BN-0 PON
    All the 911 calls have been released. People can listen and form their own opinions independent of major media. There are a lot of known facts in this case, and a lot of questions. That's what trials are for -- to present facts and answer questions for a jury to decide whether the person on trial did what s/he's accused of.

Imo if CBS says one thing and ABC says the opposite, I shouldn't believe either one -- there's clearly a disconnect somewhere. But I don't judge them based on their contradictions either. There's much room for simple human error in gathering and reporting news.

I first heard about Trayvon Martin right here; his story went viral about the same time. I read on line -- major media, local stories, on-line blogs and sites -- and formed opinions.
  • Flowers jubil8 ... 2012/04/10 18:31:10
    Flowers
    +1
    From the responses, people don't care about trials. They pass their own judgments and condemn or support based on those judgments. I agree with you completely, I'm just saying most people don't take the time to do what you are saying.
  • aneed2know Flowers 2012/04/11 05:09:39
    aneed2know
    +1
    You are wrong people are asking for his arrest so that the facts can come out in the courts, no one is saying anything but that.

But you are trying to find equivalency in these two situations and there is none to found.
  • Stan Ka... Flowers 2012/04/25 23:14:16
    Stan Kapusta
    +1
    Touche'
  • texasred 2012/04/10 00:57:09
    my opinion...
    texasred
    It's the same mentality that Eric Holder has regarding NBPP voter intimidation:

"Think about that," Holder said. "When you compare what people endured in the South in the 60s to try to get the right to vote for African Americans, and to compare what people were subjected to there to what happened in Philadelphia—which was inappropriate, certainly that…to describe it in those terms I think does a great disservice to people who put their lives on the line, who risked all, for my people," said Holder, who is black.

He has the mentality that wrongs against Blacks committed in the past nullify any wrongs committed by Blacks in the present.
  • Darnel 2012/04/09 23:50:41
    my opinion...
    Darnel
    +2
    Hmph,.. first link a commentary about crime in the area,.. ignoring all but the two black punks currently in jail for beating a white man with a hammer. - So,.. this is to be compared with shooting a teen and then walking free? a piece that only mentions color once, yet is an example of gangs of blacks beating on whites in Florida?

The second link A BLOG listing black crime,.. How come if I waste the time pulling up the FBI stats showing how White violence and sexual crimes outstrips everyone,.. I'm pulling the race card,.. but a BLOG - which is a shaded opinion piece is okay?

The third link is a story that two 16 year old teens (no witness but the victim) set a 12 year old boy on fire,.. with nothing more than "You deserve this whiteboy". No Question as to why two teens supposidly four years older prepared and poured gasoline on him and set him on fire,.. no arrests because even though the boy will not have to go back to the school,.. he has no idea who did it or why? REALLY? THIS CASE HAS LESS DATA THAN MARTIN'S Yet we know it's a hate crime while Martins is a "wait and see"? Meh.

The next link,... SIGH. A white man lectures a bunch of black teens on using bad words,.. and gets beat on because of it.

The kids were wrong,.. but I can see where their anger came from. ...

The kids were wrong,.. but I can see where their anger came from. They saw it as him talking down to them,.. Arrest them for assault please,.. they should've been raised better than to let someone irritate them enough to throw hands.

the last link. sorry,.. i need a better computer to even look at it.

Sorry,.. this is slanted try harder.

I wasted 15 minutes letting a white man explain how 2% of the American population- Black teens under 20 were responsible for over half the violent crime in America.

Reality really didn't come into this,.. but he felt justified to tell me, and I let him say his piece and walked away.
  • Flowers Darnel 2012/04/10 02:23:38
    Flowers
    Oh, really?
    http://www.floridapoliticalpr...
    in the first link, it shows statistics of how bad that city is getting. In my opinion, the rest of your argument is based on you hating me simply because I have a differing opinion then yours.
  • Darnel Flowers 2012/04/10 03:04:44
    Darnel
    +2
    Agreeing to disagree.
    Your premise is that blacks are targeting whites because of the Martin case.

I disagree and the examples you give don't hold water.

A blog all about black crime? really?
  • Flowers Darnel 2012/04/10 03:44:17
    Flowers
    it's an article, in a sea of hundreds of thousands of articles. People right articles about one baseball team, It's just an article.

My premise is that unnecessary racial tension has been purposely pushed on the public to keep us angry, distracting the entire public from the real problems and issues that are going on just beyond our attention span. For decades, and the tragic Trayvon case was just one more opportunity.
  • jubil8 ... Flowers 2012/04/10 18:20:27
    jubil8 BN-0 PON
    +1
    If people are angry, maybe the "racial tension" ISN'T "unnecessary." Maybe it's important and should be WITHIN "our attention span," not "just beyond."

Can people disagree with YOUR premise without hating you? I hope so, but I'll make it clear: I don't hate you.
  • jubil8 ... Flowers 2012/04/10 18:16:47
    jubil8 BN-0 PON
    Why do you feel Darnel hates you? Stating HIS opinion is hardly "hating."

You need a reality check here, Flowers.
  • Flowers jubil8 ... 2012/04/10 18:34:59
    Flowers
    I didn't really have an appropriate word to replace hate, Jubil. I don't feel I need a reality check no, I think I'm pretty grounded of an individual. I perceived anger in his commentary, It was my perception so I voiced it. Yes, I agree Everyone is allowed their own opinion, I haven't name-called or made inappropriate comments to anyone who disagreed with me like some do on this site.
  • jr 2012/04/09 22:16:29
    my opinion...
    jr
    +1
    As long as it does not serve the purpose of getting democrats elected, it is not reported by the democrat media
  • Cunningmungus 2012/04/09 19:56:05
    my opinion...
    Cunningmungus
    +1
    These animals didn't need The trayvon case to to motivate them.. They would have done it anyways..
  • Huntclan 2012/04/09 19:09:47
    my opinion...
    Huntclan
    +1
    It's hard to believe the self-hating Liberals on this site trying to minimize the obvious repercussions from biased phony journalism. Did all these racists call 911 and report themselves before the incidents took place? Did any of the victims physically harm the person who attacked them? No!

Until the Whites in America can start to forgive themselves for the crimes of their ancestors, we will not be able to confront racism among ALL the citizens of the US.
  • mich52 2012/04/09 17:29:51
  • Flowers mich52 2012/04/09 18:56:57
    Flowers
    I'm not distorting anything, I asked a question. Calm down. Did I say anywhere about the issues not being investigated? maybe you should read again
  • Louisa - Enemy of the State 2012/04/09 17:25:25
    my opinion...
    Louisa - Enemy of the State
    +1
    Racism exists and it will exist until the last two people on earth die.

Where is the rage? It's here but it's certainly NOT being reported and won't be reported! Therefore, too many people really don't know what's going on because they're not getting information from both sides. It's pretty hard to be outraged when you don't know what you're supposed to be outraged about.

I know that today, April 9, is the day for some kind of protest in Sanford, FL. But I cannot find out anything about what's going on down there. Is their march successful? Any violence since they said there would bloodshed? What's happening.....
  • Flowers Louisa ... 2012/04/09 18:58:00 (edited)
    Flowers
    +1
    there was a white man attacked, with a hammer I think, In florida. There was a man in Toledo attacked by a group of teens, who specifically said trayvon's name while they were kicking the hell out of a 78 year old man. There are probably others but they are in obscure news sources and I am having a hard time finding them.
  • Louisa ... Flowers 2012/04/09 22:48:34
    Louisa - Enemy of the State
    +1
    Now who's racist? These 'kids' have no idea what racism really is! They have it damned good and they don't know it. That's a pity because we've been here before and I thought it was behind us.

Also, in Baltimore a tourist was beaten, stripped to naked and his wallet and watch were taken and people stood around and laughed!

Sounds like if one of the victims had had a gun, maybe they would be alive. Of course, then it would be more "black victims"!!
  • Proggy 2012/04/09 17:02:15 (edited)
    my opinion...
    Proggy
    +3
    *SIGH* {{FACE PALM}}

I'll say this first, I do not like bigots. I'd love nothing more than to wage a war on racism. Bigotry is bigotry, hate is hate, and wrong is wrong. No matter who's doing it to whom and the skin they're in. To me it's sick and perverse to hate on the basis of race, gender, or sexuality.

Now with that said, lets take a look at the links you posted. One question... What happened in all these cases that DIDN'T happen in the Zimmerman/Martin case?

THERE WERE ARREST AND CHARGES!!!

Now are the bells, whistles, and sirens going off? In none of the cases you posted the police simply took some cockamamie story from the assailant at his word, and then tried to sweep it all under the rug. In all these links there were arrest, charges, and indictments. The accused were held accountable. Not so much in the Zimmerman/Martin case. THAT'S why the media blitz and outcry for justice was heard all over the world. When a law enforcement agency does their job in a competent fashion as expected, there's no need for a media blitz and to be scrutinized.

FYI: One of the pages you linked to is very offensive and bigoted in it's own right, where it uses language like Black trash and Black thug which really don't help your advocacy for civility in putting a boot heel on the neck on racism and bigotry.
  • Eddie_D... Proggy 2012/04/09 17:26:21 (edited)
  • Proggy Eddie_D... 2012/04/09 17:46:06
    Proggy
    +2
    Thanks! :-)
  • Eddie_D... Proggy 2012/04/09 18:08:34
  • mich52 Proggy 2012/04/09 17:33:13
  • Proggy mich52 2012/04/09 17:48:28
    Proggy
    +3
    Exactly! In their haste to justify the incompetence of the Sanford PD and the murder of a unarmed Black kid, they fail to realize and recognize the false equivalency of their comparisons.
  • Flowers Proggy 2012/04/09 19:04:08 (edited)
    Flowers
    which link? I will remove it. I read thru all of them but I didn't catch it.

As far as I am hearing, a bunch of things that were originally said have been retracted regarding the trayvon case. Specifically, that zimmerman DIDN'T throw around racial slurs about other "suspects" he was calling in the police about. He DID have injuries to his face, from what I am hearing, and news sources have apologized and in some cases fired people from their job for misleading the info released. I haven't seen the Trayvon case NOT be investigated since I first heard about it in local news. People keep throwing around that, and I just don't see it. The police had eye witnesses that cooborated Zimmerman story, he WAS taken to the station in handcuffs and released. How is that not investigating?

Edit: I see the link you are talking about. The labels were not appropriate for the author of the post. It had a lot of evidence of what I was talking about, how many crimes against whites go and many people don't hear about it thru the media.
  • Proggy Flowers 2012/04/10 04:51:22
    Proggy
    As you know by now there have been a lot of falsehoods thrown around about this case (especially in right-wing media and blogosphere).

How about trust your own eyes and ears. Mine have never lied to me.
  • jubil8 ... Flowers 2012/04/10 18:30:46
    jubil8 BN-0 PON
    TM was killed on February 26. A special prosecutor was appointed on MARCH 22, and the original State's Attorney didn't recuse himself until March 23.

From February 27 until mid-March when Trayvon's story went viral there was NO investigation. You're in Florida, so maybe it made local news -- but did you hear about it on an on-going basis for 3 weeks before it went national? I didn't -- I'm not in FL.
  • LadyBGood 2012/04/09 16:58:35
    my opinion...
    LadyBGood
    +2
    I found this article..... and am posting it here:

Black Panthers, Neo Nazis and Easter
    Posted on April 9, 2012 by Cowboy Byte

Literally as I write this piece today police are on a manhunt in Tulsa, Oklahoma for a white man who is accused of killing five black men. And apparently Neo Nazis are now patrolling in a city in Florida.

This could be chalked up, I suppose, as reaction from some Americans in the face of the New Black Panther Party’s bounty on George Zimmerman and the rhetoric that has followed. The sad fact is that when bounties are declared, addresses are tweeted, Neo Nazis go on patrol and men go on shooting rampages, the only ones who triumph are the people placing bounties, being Nazis and Tweeting inflammatory information.

Those who crave power and those who wish to keep power know that race can be a very effective tool in rallying people to their flag. Angry people become followers of would-be despots of every stripe.
  • Flowers LadyBGood 2012/04/09 19:06:24
    Flowers
    I heard about a shooting in Tulsa, involving two white men who have been taken into custody. One of the men's fathers was shoot 2 years before by a black man and he never got over it. Was upset, had no right whatsoever to go and shoot innocent people but from everything I have read (and there are several articles about it so far) it had NOTHING to do with the Trayvon case.

2014/12/22 08:35:38