Where is the America I used to be proud of?

tweety 2010/08/06 01:07:33
Related Topics: Mosque, President, American
I'm looking for the old America where we the people had a voice. We all talk and shout about how horrible America is now. All the stuff going on: our open borders; a mosque near ground zero opening in one year on the anniversary of 9-11; a president that may not even been born in this country and the list can go on and on! I remember the stories my father told me about WWII. He had nightmares about the death camps but there was a pride in the way he talked about America! I remember how active he was in the VFW and fighting so Vietnam vets would be recognized! I'm glad my father is not here to see what has happened to this country! Where have all the brave men gone? Where has the America that was able to process all new refugees that went through Ellis Island? America is or has become a lame duck and we have no one but ourselves to blame! Please tell me where the real Americans are hiding? Where is the good old America?

• lylamerican 2010/08/06 05:15:07
    lylamerican
    +2
    i have to say here in Alabama in some of the deeper country area's there are communities that have the rare old breed. They make sure if a family in the are is without..that they are taken care of. Framers drop off burlap sacks of fresh corn, purple hulls and don't be surprised to find a mess of peas or tomato
    s and cucumbers sissting on the porch. Conservative yes.American is all ways/ surprised mess peas tomato cucumbers sissting porch conservative american ways

• Kylee 2010/08/06 01:30:20
    Kylee
    +2
    I'd be ashamed of my country too. I hope that one day, I will be able to watch the news here without a story that laughs at the States. We have so much respect for the American soldiers, but none for your government. They asked for young Aussie men to help be mates in Afghanistan and we've lost twenty-five. We blame that on the Americans (not particularly you, you're very nice) for being so greedy. We laugh at how bad the immigration is over there that we go out of way to make a speech about how well our refuge camps are working directed to your government.

I feel bad for the Americans who have the correct views, that cannot be heard. Maybe the others will follow your suit.
  • tweety Kylee 2010/08/06 01:32:32
    tweety
    +1
    Thanks!
  • Kylee tweety 2010/08/06 01:35:05
  • tweety Kylee 2010/08/06 01:39:26
  • ὤTṻnde΄ӂ 2010/08/06 01:09:48
    ὤTṻnde΄ӂ
    +1
    If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change. You're choosing to look at America as something you're not proud of.
  • tweety ὤTṻnde΄ӂ 2010/08/06 01:10:49
    tweety
    +1
    I don't see it with the pride my father had.
  • ὤTṻnde΄ӂ tweety 2010/08/06 01:13:42
    ὤTṻnde΄ӂ
    +1
    Like I said, you changed the way you look at things and now America seems worse off it you. I've been around a long time and I'm still very proud of this country.

2014/04/19 07:15:57