Where Is Our Country Headed?

Goddess 2010/12/04 13:26:36
It seems that ever since the great tragedy of our Twin Towers
being destroyed, our Country has been failing in our economy
with no end in sight. We have a President that seems to not
have a clue of how to turn things around. If he does, then he
must be trying to destroy our Country.

Now, I've heard some people say that the economy is improving,
really? Tell that to all the people who are still out of work and
lost their jobs after long years working for the same Company!
Tell that to the people who are losing or already lost their homes!
Tell that to the people who had to sell their home and not even
make a dollar profit! So, where is our economy improving?

Then there is our Monetary System, built on a Pyramid and as
anyone with a brain knows, will eventually collapse! And
speaking of money, isn't there supposed to be Gold or Silver
in Fort Knox to back up every paper dollar printed? Where
is all that Gold & Silver to back up all the Trillions of dollars
that our Government is spening?

I know that one person can not turn things around but if every
American would Unite in that goal, think what could be done!
So, Soda Heads, where do you think we are headed? If we
are on a collision course with disaster, what can we do as
individuals?

• 2013/01/11 06:04:14
    +12
    Don't participate. Stop filing tax returns. Stockpile your money outside of banks. Pay in cash. Purchase more guns and ammo. Cut off your cable. Never buy new cars. Stop eating out. Cut up all your creadit cards. Teach your children to manage their money. Most of all, quit bitching, and start a revolution!

• 2013/01/11 06:04:14
    +12
  • princess 2010/12/21 08:32:00
    princess
    This is what always happens when the cancer of radical Liberalism controls anything---total failure and destruction.
  • Bobby 48 2010/12/18 09:36:30
  • Mysteryman 2010/12/17 19:55:27
    Mysteryman
    +2
    No where good, that is for certain!
  • largo1 2010/12/14 18:07:55
    largo1
    Down in flames on purpose too!!!
  • 2sly 2010/12/14 10:21:06
    2sly
    Down the toilet
  • Patriot Unit 2010/12/14 01:48:11
    Patriot Unit
    Well, I don't have a canoe, so I don't need a paddle, but then again, I can't swim very long either.
    I think their models are a bit outdated. Like 1933 or so. Either that or their written in Greek, and nobody speaks it.
  • MysteryWoman 2010/12/13 23:54:00
    MysteryWoman
    +4
    Completely out of control!
  • cativonduren 2010/12/10 08:55:08
    cativonduren
    Stop whining, be creative and start making money and you'll be ok. The Chinese has become more and more aggressive in their global business. Looks like they're imitating the Japs strategy by starting with the cheap and low quality goods. The Japs needed 20-30 yrs (from 1950's to 1980's) to advance to high quality and very competitive goods.

Beware! The Chinese has the Japs as their example, and it means that the Chinese has an opportunity to shorten their learning curve in global business competition.
  • DavidK 2010/12/07 21:28:51
  • merlinskiss 2010/12/07 02:50:48
    merlinskiss
    America today is run by corporatism. It is moving further and further away from being a democratic republic. America is divided by the Dems and Repubs who are not that different in reality. Our people are manipulated by our politicians. They argue from their ideological base, regardless of truths, regardless of facts, regardless of common sense and regardless of the good of America.

They point fingers at each other, use simplistic slogans and utterly meaningless labels like Liberal or Conservative, and they use race, patriotism, religion or whatever it takes to win right now without affecting any meaningful, long lasting changes.

Our future is to continue on this path or change it.

Good question for a newbie by the way. Congrats!
  • SpyderX 2010/12/06 20:55:22
    SpyderX
    FDR took America off the gold standard in 1933, which helped the struggling American economy to rebound. America now uses "fiat currency", currency who's value is determined by the issuing country's ability to tax its citizens.

Though I agree that Obama hasn't done a great deal to help the economy, your contention that our current economic crisis began after 9/11 is quite a stretch of the imagination. Our economy went into recession during the Reagan administration (largely due to his "trickle down" economic policy), continued under GHW Bush, rebounded somewhat under Clinton (thanks to a balanced budget), and then spiraled out of control under GW Bush.
  • ♥dreamer-leigh♥ 2010/12/06 00:09:13 (edited)
    ♥dreamer-leigh♥
    +2
    The economy is not improving, nor will it as long as jobs are scarce..unemployement continues to rise and the government insists on spending money like there is no tomorrow and at the rate they are spending it..our tomorrows look very bleak at this point!! We need jobs and smaller government. And NO higher taxes!! We ARE on a collision course to disaster..nothing has been accomplished in the last two years except an incredible debt that will be passed down to our children and grandchildren!!
  • Idiot repubs 2010/12/05 18:48:15
    Idiot repubs
    Seems that Bush was the one without a clue, he let 911 happen, then told everyone to buy duct tape to protect themselves. He had no economic activity except housing that he allowed to become a bubble and then bailed out his banker buddies after allowing the oil companies to charge never before or after seen prices for gas.

Thank goodness Obama listens to economists and has pulled us away from the abyss bush drove us up to.
  • oldlady 2010/12/05 18:30:57
    oldlady
    +1
    He has a clue but has to work with clue-less people.
  • Racefish 2010/12/05 18:18:31
    Racefish
    "isn't there supposed to be Gold or Silver in Fort Knox to back up every paper dollar printed?"

Uh, No. Roosevelt took us off the gold standard and Kennedy took us off silver. We haven't had a solid dollar for quite some time.
  • Boulder Sue 2010/12/05 17:11:48
    Boulder Sue
    I am hoping this is just a really rough spot on the road. We got through the Great depression as well as lots of other economic crises no one remember any more unless you are an economist or history buff. We had a Civil War, for God's sake! Early on we almost fell apart as a coutry because of the Articles of Confederation. We've fought useles, stupid expensive wars costing us lots of money and blood and we have fought some so-called good wars. I'm not terribly happy about our present state of affairs, but I think we need to look to history to see what worked and what really screwed us up. It's far too early to make a sound judgement on Obama, or the Tea Party for that matter. I have stong opinions-doesn't everyone?-and one is that Wikileaks just might be one of the best things to happen in a long time. Now all the Enmperors are being stripped of their clothes all over the world and we get to know what has been suspected for decades, and more.Ft. Knox has gold, but hasn't had enough to back all of out currency for a very long time and we've had good times and bad times through it all.. I doubt other countries are any better off. Can you honestly believe that China, for examplecan back all of it's currency with precious metals, or thayt anyon other country can? That's sort of a ...
    I am hoping this is just a really rough spot on the road. We got through the Great depression as well as lots of other economic crises no one remember any more unless you are an economist or history buff. We had a Civil War, for God's sake! Early on we almost fell apart as a coutry because of the Articles of Confederation. We've fought useles, stupid expensive wars costing us lots of money and blood and we have fought some so-called good wars. I'm not terribly happy about our present state of affairs, but I think we need to look to history to see what worked and what really screwed us up. It's far too early to make a sound judgement on Obama, or the Tea Party for that matter. I have stong opinions-doesn't everyone?-and one is that Wikileaks just might be one of the best things to happen in a long time. Now all the Enmperors are being stripped of their clothes all over the world and we get to know what has been suspected for decades, and more.Ft. Knox has gold, but hasn't had enough to back all of out currency for a very long time and we've had good times and bad times through it all.. I doubt other countries are any better off. Can you honestly believe that China, for examplecan back all of it's currency with precious metals, or thayt anyon other country can? That's sort of a minor issue when you think of people with little or no income trying to raise families when 2% of us could raise hundred or thousands of families. The cost of our dubious wars could create jobs and fix our rapidly declining infrastucture. As of now, I would say we look as though we are headed for third world status, and I don't blame any single person. I blame us for taking an attitude of American exceptionalism, and we have been sitting on our laurels far too long, acting as though we were really exceptional. We are not God's Chosen people. We have lost our vision, not just for ourselves, but for a better world. Remember the Marshall Plan? That was probably one of our greatest achievements and we were rewarded in spades because of it.Noe we have shrunk to a frightened, divided nation blaming every little thing that goes wrong on the nearest scapegoat, especially if we don't agree with them 100%. That's too easy........ In the words of several contemporary politicians, we need to "man-up" (what a silly phrase) and understand that the world is more interconnected than ever, and we'd better learn to live with it, as well as our fellow Americans. .
  • captkirk999 2010/12/05 14:55:10
    captkirk999
    +2
    America is becoming Oceania from Orwell's 1984
  • BlondieBrownEyes 2010/12/05 14:53:45
  • Wild Kitty 2010/12/05 14:33:48
    Wild Kitty
    +6
    Down hill fast!
  • Steve 2010/12/05 13:14:37
    Steve
    +2
    In every measure except unemployment, the US economy is doing well. Inflation is zero, interest rates are low, GDP is increasing, corporate profits are at an all-time high, the stock market is making excellent gains. The dollar is more stable than most other world currencies.

Unemployment is staying high because of globalization. Free global trade means US workers are competing head-to-head with millions in China who will work for a dollar a day. If US labor costs more than labor elsewhere, businesses will hire places other than the US.

So workers suffer, but businesses here are making record profits, and the top 2% are making 80% of the wealth. Part of the solution for making a society that works for the people is to tax the super-rich and wealthy heavily, and provide a floor of basic income for those who cannot find work.
  • tazzycat 2010/12/05 08:36:23
  • Phyl *In God i Trust* 2010/12/05 05:47:41
    Phyl *In God i Trust*
    +2
    one thing i can not do and that is to vote for obama.anyone would be better then him.
  • Goddess Phyl *I... 2010/12/05 14:15:19
    Goddess
    +6
    I wouldn't either! I have to admit he didn't get us in this situation to start with, since it took many years for things to be this bad. He just isn't doing anything to correct it and I find it
    hard to believe he is a stupid man. Therefore, he must have his own agenda or someone else is controlling him.
  • keeper Goddess 2010/12/06 17:43:03
    keeper
    Exactly!!
  • Phyl *I... Goddess 2010/12/07 06:04:18
    Phyl *In God i Trust*
    i agree ....no vote for Obama= Huckabee.you made very good point's.
  • BlytheSpirit~bn0 2010/12/05 04:54:42
  • Denny 2010/12/05 04:52:48
    Denny
    It's been a lot longer than that. We didn't catch it when Germany and Japan went into free fall meltdown because they were the "compatition" I guess but our economy kept on going because of the housing bubble or what ever. We should have known it was coming. We have made promises to the Baby boomers that there is no way that our kids can pay for. We're seeing it now in Europe where countrys are starting to drop like flys even with the European Union. Social Sercurity, Medicare, are going to be over run by rediculous promised retirement funds that someone is going to have to pay for. Politicians have turned there back it hopeing that it won't hit on their watch..... Well hello, Here it comes. Soooooo Lets make Healthcare for everyone. We can print more money.
  • Goddess Denny 2010/12/05 14:09:03
    Goddess
    +6
    I know that it has been a lot longer than that since our Country didn't get in this shape over night. I only meant that things have really gotten worse a lot faster since that tragedy. I
    know it will take some time to recover but I don't see that even happening right now. In fact,
    I believe it will get much worse before or" if" we ever recover.
    Printing more money is certainly not the answer, they must first stop spending money that we don't have. It is to the point that it takes more than one income to run a household and
    it is hard to get a job making enough for even two incomes to do that. I believe that the
    Government will decide to raise taxes even higher, maybe more than half your income
    and fammilies will really be finding it impossible to get even the necessities.
  • Boulder... Goddess 2010/12/05 17:27:37
    Boulder Sue
    +1
    We aren't even over the Civil War! Have you been to the deep south lately? We are, in a way, suffering the consequences of the Mexican-American War We got all those state, including mine, full of Spanish speaking Mexican citizens who became American either agaist their will or without knowing it because President Polk bekieved in Manifest Destiny and had nothing but disdain and hate for Mexico and it's people Ironic, isn't it? What comes around goes around. Now e have an immigration "problem" coming from Mexico. Karma? Polk and supporters couldn't wait for all those Mexicans and Mexican territory to become part of the U.S. Our first step should be some thorough and honest education in history in all its aspects. If we knew where we were coming from more thoroughly, maybe we could figure out how to get where we want to go and where we want to go..
  • Jasmine 2010/12/05 04:44:01 (edited)
    Jasmine
    +2
    First step should be to eliminate the Federal Reserve. Why does the U.S. borrow money (with interest) from itself?? This just doesn't make sense. Of course, the last president to consider that move was assassinated.

from another blog...

Andrew Jackson successfully shut down the national bank, the predecessor to the Federal Reserve - Andrew Jackson survived THREE assassination attempts.

Abraham Lincoln talked of getting rid of the national bank, and actually printed interest-free notes, and was assassinated shortly after he did this.

JFK - used an executive order to shut down the Federal Reserve temporarily, and also printed interest free notes, and history tells the rest - he was "assassinated".

Both JFK and Abraham Lincoln were fully aware that the U.S. Treasury could print interest-free money and did not understand why the Private federal reserve bank had to get involved.

from yet another blog - a quote from Woodrow Wilson...

Woodrow Wilson after creating the Federal Reserve said:
    I am a most unhappy man. I have unwittingly ruined my country. A great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is concentrated. The growth of the nation, therefore, and all our activities are in the hands of a few men. We have come to be one of the worst ruled,...

from another blog...

I am a most unhappy man. I have unwittingly ruined my country. A great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is concentrated. The growth of the nation, therefore, and all our activities are in the hands of a few men. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the civilized world. No longer a government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of a small group of dominant men.

~ Woodrow Wilson

vote majority government opinion duress group dominant woodrow wilson just no to the federal reserve

• lpd Jasmine 2010/12/05 06:37:34
  • Goddess Jasmine 2010/12/05 14:10:44
    Goddess
    +4
    I agree that the Federal Reserve should be eliminated but we also need to find a better way than our current Monetary System.
  • Jasmine Goddess 2010/12/05 17:57:26
    Jasmine
    +1
    Yep. Eliminating the federal reserve is a good first step. North Dakota has instituted its own 'monetary system' and is thriving where all other states are in debt up to the proverbial eyeball. There is plenty that can be done.
  • Stella Blue 2010/12/05 04:01:01
  • peggy collins 2010/12/05 01:17:38
    peggy collins
    Underground in the porcelain popper!!!! underground porcelain popper toilet
  • Common Sense Conservative 2010/12/05 01:11:51
    Common Sense Conservative
    Grab your guns and ammo and get in a bunker because if there is one thing I'm certain of, when you back an American into a corner, we fight.
  • keeper 2010/12/04 23:54:39
    keeper
    +4
    Our country better figure out our place in the world, or we are in big trouble!
  • ☆The Rock☆ * AFCL* The Sheriff!!
    +3
    To a Finacial Highway To Hell!!
  • big bobber 2010/12/04 18:41:47
    big bobber
    +2
    sorry he is not giving anything back he is taking everything away ..our health care our economy our religion our families our schools our industries our right to work and spreading the wealth around to the ignorant poor masses he hs under his thumb wioth welfare and p romise of more free entitlements from big bro....this man will go down as the worst president ever in history

2014/09/20 04:04:00