Where in the Bible does it say that being Gay is wrong?

smile 2009/05/25 22:06:15
Right here in the Bible it says....
No where in the Bible does it say that.
I've read lots of the Bible and I have been having trouble finding places where it says being Gay is wrong. This seems to be the main argument for Christians and their dis-tolerance for the LGBTQ community. I would love to see where it says that it is wrong. Because from what I've heard there is more evidence supporting the Gay community then shunning it.

• Ben Moses 2014/01/14 20:20:59
    Right here in the Bible it says....
    Ben Moses
    +3
    Lev. 18:22, "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."

Lev. 20:13, "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltness is upon them"

1 Cor. 6:9-10, "Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God."

Rom. 1:26-28, "For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, 27and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error. 28And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper."

• Ben Moses 2014/01/14 20:20:59
    Right here in the Bible it says....
    Ben Moses
    +3

• Megan 2009/06/01 15:13:50
    No where in the Bible does it say that.
    Megan
    +2
    being gay/bi/lez is not a bad thing the bible also states that god controlls all of our fates, if he wanted to he could easily make us all str8, me being bi i woud hate life with out my girlfriend
  • Ben Moses Megan 2014/01/15 04:33:14
    Ben Moses
    +2
    Its also a sin to is especially about God's word.
  • Frosty Snowcone 2009/05/26 03:34:55
    Right here in the Bible it says....
    Frosty Snowcone
    Gah, everywhere!
    The Christian God is a sexist, homophobic jerk.
    Or at least whomever created him was.
  • Robin B 2009/05/26 02:15:31 (edited)
    Right here in the Bible it says....
    Robin B
    Leviticus 18:22 You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination.

1Corinthians 6:9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived:
    neither the sexually immoral, nor the idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

Romans 1:26 For this reason God game them up to dishonorable passions. For their woman exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature 27 and the men likewise gave up natural relations with woman and were consumed with passion for one another,men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error.

ESV
  • Jeff Robin B 2009/05/26 03:41:45
    Jeff
    does anyone really care other than the religious bigots that use the gideon to bash gays and try to make themselves feel superior...I pity you.
  • Robin B Jeff 2009/05/26 13:48:54
    Robin B
    +1
    If you are part of the "anyone who doesn't care" then why did you respond to the question. I am not a religious bigot, I am a woman of faith in the one who created me. Bigot is a word many use to slander those who don't share their views but I refuse to put on a title I do not own. I can love the sinner and hate the sin. And Jeff I don't need your pity.
  • ♫Charle... Robin B 2009/05/26 19:40:08
    ♫Charlee Effervescence〶
    You are a bigot. I'm bi so does that make ME bad???? So i'm detestable huh?? you do know hter's proof that the bible was written about 100 years after the last epossel guy died? And BTW, by calling gays detestable you just broke one of your own comandments: thou shall not judge.
  • Robin B ♫Charle... 2009/05/26 20:03:39
    Robin B
    I answered the question as asked. I quoted the bible as written in the English Standard Version. You madam are the one calling names not I. I have not judged you or any other homosexual, that is not my responsibility, that is between you and God. It does seem odd to me that a group demanding such acceptance is most intolerant of any one who dares to disagree. As for your bible facts....well I have never heard of "hter's", the last apostles name was John, and "thou shall not judge" was not one of the 10 commandments if in fact that was your reference.
  • ♫Charle... Robin B 2009/05/30 15:11:06
    ♫Charlee Effervescence〶
    But do you agree with the bible? That is why I'm not christian. Either you go along with the bigotry or you are evil. And by going along with the bible you ARE judging. Deal with it.
  • Robin B ♫Charle... 2009/05/30 19:30:33 (edited)
    Robin B
    I believe the bible is the inspired word of God and I do not apologise if it steps on toes, mine or others. Being a believer requires one to follow a narrow path. To say that I always get it right would be a huge mistake but my heart is to be obedient. I am not a bigot nor have I called you evil. I will repeat I do not judge you, that is not my right, therefore I've nothing to "deal with" that is between you and God.
  • ♫Charle... Robin B 2009/05/31 17:22:09
    ♫Charlee Effervescence〶
    AHHHHH!! This is why i can't deal with the magority of christians. Thet're so narrow minded. If someone mildy suggests anything different then you get all defensive and crap. I Like i ALREADY SAID, if you go along with the god damn bible then, yes, that makes you blinded and at least slightly biggoted.
  • Robin B ♫Charle... 2009/05/31 23:23:12
    Robin B
    I don't find your name calling "a mild suggestion".
    I defended my biblical beliefs following your challenge.
    I didn't say "I already said" but I did find it necessary to state
    "I will repeat I do not judge you" as you didn't seem to get it the first time and railed a second accusation.
    I will continue to defend my belief in God and his word and I can do it with out all the rhetoric. Was it an attempt to get a rise out of me when you used Gods name in vain? Although I personally find it offensive, that too, is between you and God.
  • ♫Charle... Robin B 2009/06/01 19:45:45
    ♫Charlee Effervescence〶
    Yes. just go on. How do you not see that by agreeing with the bible saying that being gay is detestable, that is judging. and no i was not trying to get a rise out of you by saying god damn. If you have the brains to listen or even to people, you will find it a very commenly used phrase.
  • Robin B ♫Charle... 2009/06/01 21:24:29
    Robin B
    It is quite simple I did not write the bible, I believe the bible is the inspired word of God. As his child I can not cherry pick the parts I like and toss out those I find hard to follow. If I had written it then it would be my judgement and not worth the paper it is written on. His judgement is an issue you must take up with him should you choose.
    Have I once called you names or dammed you to hell? Absolutely not! Nor will I.
    I have sufficient brains and listening skills. I am aware that using the Lords name is vain is commonly used but so are the words fag and queer but it doesn't make them any less offensive does it?
  • chrissy Robin B 2010/12/03 18:13:51
    chrissy
    +2
    I am a christian and I have also read many versions of the bible and yes I have read all the scriptures that have already been stated. It also says that God has a plan for our lives and that God knows our future. He made us who we are. So if people are gay then doesn't that mean God made them that way? That He already knew they were going to be this way? Their sin is no greater than any we do. So why judge them for being gay? Why point out there wrong and not our own? By doing that you are judging them. All sin is equal in God's eye.
  • Robin B chrissy 2010/12/05 04:46:42
    Robin B
    I agree with you on several points, yes G-d has a plan for each of us but that does not mean that we will all follow that plan as we were all created with a free will to choose him or self. He made us in his image and that is not necessarily the person we, by choice, become. Yes one sin is no > another but...their is something to be said of unrepentant sin. I will not be the one to ultimately judge another but I will be judged should I sit on my hands failing to share what the word says in this area. Love the sinner (that is all of us) hate the sin.
  • windwolf14 2009/05/26 01:39:50
    Right here in the Bible it says....
    windwolf14
    Romans 1:24-32.
  • Jeff 2009/05/25 23:38:32
    No where in the Bible does it say that.
    Jeff
    +1
    It is not mentioned at all in the origional text....there are some translations that use the term effeminant and some think that means gay but reall there is NO place in the bible that it is mentioned.....Now do you wanna talk about adultery? now thats a topic that it mentioned about every other word and anyone divorced and remarried is an adulterer but you will NEVER hear em talk about that An adulterer is an adulterer
  • Robin B Jeff 2009/05/26 02:18:02
    Robin B
    REALLY JEFF?
  • Jeff Robin B 2009/05/26 03:39:53
    Jeff
    Yup Really
  • Robin B Jeff 2009/05/26 13:51:06
    Robin B
    I guess you should re-read my post 1Cor 6:9.
  • ♫Charle... Robin B 2009/06/01 19:42:36
    ♫Charlee Effervescence〶
    That's not the ORIGINAL text. Learn how to freaking read. GOD!!!!
  • Robin B ♫Charle... 2009/06/01 21:29:55
    Robin B
    Yes Aramaic was the original language for the Torah. The translations differ little. I would never claim to be God but I do have a personal relationship with him through his son Yeshua Hamashia.
  • cds 2009/05/25 23:29:19
    No where in the Bible does it say that.
    cds
    if everyone lived by the rules of Leviticus we would all be in trouble.
  • fifthfire 2009/05/25 22:54:08
    Right here in the Bible it says....
    fifthfire
    +2
    Leviticus 18:22 and 20:13 and Romans 1:24-32.
  • cds fifthfire 2009/05/26 20:34:35
    cds
    James 2:10

For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it.
  • Simmering Frog 2009/05/25 22:15:13 (edited)
    Right here in the Bible it says....
    Simmering Frog

In Leviticus right next to where it says you aren't suppose to doink your mom, your sister, or your sheep.
  • Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥ 2009/05/25 22:13:50
    No where in the Bible does it say that.
    Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥
    The word Gay did not mean the same when the Bible was written.
  • Chuck Dave Sa... 2009/05/25 23:04:21 (edited)
    Chuck
    +2
    It's very clear on what the Bible is saying about this subject Dave.God Bless.
  • Dave Sa... Chuck 2009/05/25 23:05:06
    Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥
    +1
    I know, but if they are looking for the word "Gay", they will never find it.
  • Chuck Dave Sa... 2009/05/25 23:28:36
    Chuck
    +3
    I agree,God Bless.
  • Linnaeus 2009/05/25 22:13:24
    Right here in the Bible it says....
    Linnaeus
    "Being gay is wrong."
    Madupquotus 69:69

2014/09/17 07:42:52