Where are the original Ten Commandments today?

Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥ 2008/08/06 20:13:13
Babylonia.
Egypt.
Ethiopia.
Underground in Jerusalem.
"And he [the LORD] gave unto Moses, when he had made an end of communing with him upon mount Sinai, two tables of testimony, tables of stone, written with the finger of God." (Exodus 31:18)

This was the original Ten Commandments. Moses copied them into the books he wrote, giving an account of Creation, the Flood, and the ancestry of the Children of Israel that he led out of Egypt.

"And he [Moses] took and put the testimony [the Ten Commandments] into the ark [the Ark of the Covenant], and set the staves on the ark, and put the mercy seat above upon the ark:" (Exodus 40:20)

The ark was carried everywhere the Children of Israel traveled until they came into the Promised Land. When Solomon built his great Temple about (1000 BC), the Ark, with its contents was placed in the Holy of Holies in the Temple. Later, Solomon's Temple was destroyed by the Babylonians. But where did the ark go?

Where in the world (or out of it)?

• anonymous 2009/01/29 09:38:49
    anonymous
    +1
    It's being stored away in some warehouse, somewhere.

stored warehouse
  • Cfossedal 2009/01/29 09:34:54
    Cfossedal
    +1
    In the hearts and minds of whoever keeps them.

The tablets themselves are in Ethiopia, though.
  • Dan 2009/01/02 03:44:16
    Dan
    +1
    The original tablets were broken by Moses at the feet of secular, impatient ingrates (freed from Egypt by God, forgotten due to sin and hedonistic desires). The replacement tablets, that Moses had to rewrite from his recent memory, were carried in the Ark of the Covenant, but they are not meant to be found.
    Those who receive Jesus' as their Lord and Savior are saved from Hell. This is only done by God's grace and through our faith in the Lord. Paul told Ephesus and the rest of us "For by grace you have been saved by faith, and not of yourselves, lest anyone should boast." This means that God does NOT have to prove he is real to anyone; it's all about faith.
    If God reveals the Ark of the Covenant, clears a path to Noah's Ark in the Turkish mountains or Ararat, or reveals any other "proof" for atheists or unbelievers, our faith will be reduced to nothing. I'd rather be saved from Hell than demand God reveal more proof of his reality!
    daniel101112@aol.com
  • Dave Sa... Dan 2009/01/02 03:57:38
    Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥
    One day, and soon, our faith will be sight.

"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure." (1 John 3:2-3)

And, as the last verse of the old hymn, "It Is Well with My Soul" says:

"And Lord, haste the day when my faith shall be sight,
    "The clouds be rolled back as a scroll;
    "The trump shall resound, and the Lord shall descend,
    "Even so, it is well with my soul."
  • Eugene ... Dan 2013/05/08 17:19:50
    Eugene Soule
    +2
    Hello my name is Eugene. Not that I'm a hater or watever I'm a christen myself but I would like to know how do you know the comandments are broken and were rewritin by moses and even those are lost ???
  • Dave Sa... Eugene ... 2013/05/08 18:30:19
    Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥
    The Bible says so.

The first tablets of the Law were broken by Moses:
    (Exodus 32:19) "And it came to pass, as soon as he came nigh unto the camp, that he saw the calf, and the dancing: and Moses' anger waxed hot, and he cast the tables out of his hands, and brake them beneath the mount."

New tablets (but God wrote them also):
    (Exodus 34:1-2) "And the LORD said unto Moses, Hew thee two tables of stone like unto the first: and I will write upon these tables the words that were in the first tables, which thou brakest. And be ready in the morning, and come up in the morning unto mount Sinai, and present thyself there to me in the top of the mount."

Only Jeremiah writes of the Ark after the time of Solomon and he says,
    (Jeremiah 3:14-16) "Turn, O backsliding children, saith the LORD; for I am married unto you: and I will take you one of a city, and two of a family, and I will bring you to Zion: And I will give you pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding. And it shall come to pass, when ye be multiplied and increased in the land, in those days, saith the LORD, they shall say no more, The ark of the covenant of the LORD: neither shall it come to mind: neither shall they remember it; neither shall they visit it; neither shall that be done any m...

The Bible says so.

New tablets (but God wrote them also):

(Jeremiah 3:14-16) "Turn, O backsliding children, saith the LORD; for I am married unto you: and I will take you one of a city, and two of a family, and I will bring you to Zion: And I will give you pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding. And it shall come to pass, when ye be multiplied and increased in the land, in those days, saith the LORD, they shall say no more, The ark of the covenant of the LORD: neither shall it come to mind: neither shall they remember it; neither shall they visit it; neither shall that be done any more."

Babylon destroyed Solomon's Temple:
    (2 Kings 24:11-13) "And Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon came against the city, and his servants did besiege it. And Jehoiachin the king of Judah went out to the king of Babylon, he, and his mother, and his servants, and his princes, and his officers: and the king of Babylon took him in the eighth year of his reign. And he carried out thence all the treasures of the house of the LORD, and the treasures of the king's house, and cut in pieces all the vessels of gold which Solomon king of Israel had made in the temple of the LORD, as the LORD had said."
  • Shiloh's Angel-2012 2008/11/02 22:01:53
    Shiloh's Angel-2012
    +1
    They could be in ethiopia, but I think God wants them out of people reach until he wants them found!
  • Saintsfan 2008/08/10 22:40:21
    Saintsfan
    +1
    I thought Indiana found this back in the 80s and it's now in some museum. Your not trying to tell me that's not true are you!
  • Dave Sa... Saintsfan 2008/08/10 22:46:19
    Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥
    +1
    I'm pretty sure it was fiction, although I did get a glimpse of it in the fourth movie.

pretty fiction glimpse fourth movie
  • Jamie (goofygirl) 2008/08/10 03:10:44
    Jamie (goofygirl)
    +1
    I do not know.
  • Dave Sa... Jamie (... 2008/08/10 03:18:42
    Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥
    +1
    Safe answer :)
  • HairlessKat the Gnostic 2008/08/07 20:03:32
    HairlessKat the Gnostic
    +2
    I have no idea.. but if they exist and are in the ark of the covenant I do wish they would find them soon.
  • Dave Sa... Hairles... 2008/08/08 02:23:04
    Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥
    +2
    I think that when they do reappear, that at least the believers will know they are real. Doubters will tend to doubt no matter what evidence is presented.
  • Hairles... Dave Sa... 2008/08/08 02:25:42
    HairlessKat the Gnostic
    +3
    very true Dave...
  • . . . . 2008/08/07 19:28:34 (edited)
  • Dave Sa... . . . . 2008/08/08 02:21:25
    Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥
    +2
    A scholar, huh? You're correct. I was wrong in calling it "the original".
  • . . . . Dave Sa... 2008/08/08 02:53:05
  • Dave Sa... . . . . 2008/08/08 02:56:38 (edited)
    Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥
    +2
    He was saying that the two tables of stone in the ark was not the original which Moses broke after the Israelites sinned. He had to go back up and get a second set. Those were the ones that were put into the ark.
  • . . . . Dave Sa... 2008/08/08 03:15:47
  • BronxBob 2008/08/07 16:08:29
    BronxBob
    +1
    in our hearts??
  • Dave Sa... BronxBob 2008/08/07 16:15:47
    Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥
    +1
    Hopefully. I was asking about the ones carved into stone tablets by the finger of God (which could be taken as a metaphor of writing His laws in our cold hard hearts).
  • doc 2008/08/07 15:44:58
    doc
    +2
    Seriously, nobody may ever know.

Uh, maybe if someone can find Jimmy Hoffa, they can ask him......lol
  • Dave Sa... doc 2008/08/07 15:50:22
    Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥
    +2
    Do you think he hid them so they couldn't be used against him? :)
  • doc Dave Sa... 2008/08/07 15:53:34
    doc
    +2
    You never know. But most likely it was a conspiracy between him and the Kennedys. And maybe Oswald hid them in the grassy knoll......lol
  • Dave Sa... doc 2008/08/07 15:57:59
    Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥
    +1
    Yes, why was the ground there so "lumpy"?
  • doc Dave Sa... 2008/08/07 17:22:58
    doc
    +1
    Beats me? But maybe cause the Federal Reserve, theTrilateral Commission, and Marilyn Monroe planned it that way....Something to think about.....lol

Of course, we could both be wrong and it's just a Masonic cover up.....lol
  • flutterby ~It's all about J... 2008/08/07 15:29:08
    flutterby ~It's all about Jesus!~
    +4
    Not one of those crucial, need to know things for me, but would be an interesting research! God knows, and one day we will all know as well!
  • Shiloh'... flutter... 2008/11/02 22:07:12
    Shiloh's Angel-2012
    So true! Only God knows and he has the Perfect Plan.
  • JDC~The Shootist~ 2008/08/07 14:54:06 (edited)
    JDC~The Shootist~
    +5
    I agree with Bob his answer is my answer.

raves 1 [-] by Bob posted 54 minutes ago

reply
    Answered None of the above

Some people say the Ark of the Covenant was taken to heaven by God and is there now. Exactly what they base that on is not known by me. They could be right, they could be wrong; we'll just have to wait until we get to heaven to find out.
  • Dave Sa... JDC~The... 2008/08/07 15:43:10
    Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥
    +2
    That's what I had in mind when I added "Where in the world (or out of it)?"
  • Bob_N,-... Dave Sa... 2008/08/07 16:00:38
    Bob_N,- Saved and bold for Christ.
    +2
    I do believe that's the case.
  • Dave Sa... Bob_N,-... 2008/08/07 16:07:21
    Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥
    +1
    Certainly possible. The City of Enoch was taken up. Moses was taken up. Elijah was taken up. Jesus was taken up.
  • cathy~COB "Love One Another" 2008/08/07 14:51:19
    cathy~COB "Love One Another"
    +4
    It's not important to know where they are, Dave, just what they say, and try very hard to follow them. We will get many answers in Heaven.
  • Dave Sa... cathy~C... 2008/08/07 15:48:49
  • Bob_N,- Saved and bold for ... 2008/08/07 13:55:51
    Bob_N,- Saved and bold for Christ.
    +6
  • JDC~The... Bob_N,-... 2008/08/07 14:55:18
    JDC~The Shootist~
    +6
    I copied your answer my brother, nothing I can add to it!
  • flutter... JDC~The... 2008/08/07 15:22:42
    flutterby ~It's all about Jesus!~
    +6
    I thought I was the only one that copied answers! Ha! Ha! :) lol
  • JDC~The... flutter... 2008/08/07 15:33:04
    JDC~The Shootist~
    +4
    I'm just trying to keep it real, He He.
  • flutter... JDC~The... 2008/08/07 15:42:24
    flutterby ~It's all about Jesus!~
    +3
    I'm just teasing with you friend. Bob does have a great answer! :) I copied one of yours the other day! :)
  • JDC~The... flutter... 2008/08/07 15:46:03
    JDC~The Shootist~
    +3
    You are a good friend Huckster, I appreciate you more than I can express.

2014/07/30 21:22:15