When someone dies, do you think, "Why didn't God take me instead?"

Val 2009/09/15 01:43:26

• Gir 2009/09/15 05:04:13
    Other.
    Gir
    +2
    I used to think that, back when I was Catholic....but I'm not anymore. I'm not sure about any deity anymore.

I kind of stopped feeling that way when I actually began thinking about my own death...I don't want people crying and feeling sorry at my funeral. I want it to be an effing celebration! I want them to be able to take something in my life, and use it for their own, so that they may become stronger, better people. And I'm sure all of my deceased relatives feel the same way...

They would want me to celebrate their life, and continue living because of it--not mope around and never move on.

• Linkums 2009/09/17 02:05:29
    Yes.
    Linkums
    Since I actually want to die.
  • Frosty Snowcone 2009/09/16 06:48:18
    No!
    Frosty Snowcone
    I love my life.
  • seathanaich 2009/09/15 20:08:13
    No!
    seathanaich
    +1
    No.

But then again, when somebody dies, there is no "taking" involved. It's not a "me or them" proposition.

And wanting to die, that's a rather morbid thought. If anyone thinks this, they really need to talk to someone, and not just a friend, a profesionnal counsellor. If you know a friend is thinking this, you need to take them to see a professional.
  • John 2009/09/15 05:13:49
    Other.
    John
    +1
    I have thought this when I was depressed. However, I know that it was just giving in to dark thoughts. The world can be a weary place, full of strife and hate. But it is not my place to say when my time is finished here. Even so, it is not a sin though to long to meet God face to face. We just have to be patient, do His work on this earth, and wait until He says that it is our time.
  • Gir 2009/09/15 05:04:13
    Other.
    Gir
    +2

• DinoAttak 2009/09/15 04:58:41
    Other.
    DinoAttak
    +1
    I dont even think about it. makes me realize theres no time to waste i could be next for all i know i wont waste my time crying, being sad or thinking about stuff that wont help at all. i just keep moving and keep all the sad pieces deeeeeeeep in, if i ever get to know the exact day and time im dying. Ill let it all out. thats when ill have time...yeeeah if this is even making sense to you e.e"
  • thekidflash 2009/09/15 04:27:41
    No!
    thekidflash
    I wonder why god takes them at all, then I realize that there is no god, because there was no reason for them to die. There is no plan.
  • Dr. Who? 2009/09/15 03:50:08
    No!
    Dr. Who?
    I might if I felt guilty about it for some reason though.
  • Nanapie 2009/09/15 02:42:42
    No!
    Nanapie
    I never question God's timing in anything He does.
  • Bleeding Heart Conservative 2009/09/15 02:13:44
    No!
    Bleeding Heart Conservative
    +2
    I sometimes wonder about God's timing but I don't question His decisions.
  • secretmoon 2009/09/15 02:11:37
    No!
    secretmoon
    i value life
  • cronewinter 2009/09/15 01:55:39
    Yes.
    cronewinter
    +1
    Yes, especially when a young person with all their life ahead of them dies..
  • Green is a color 2009/09/15 01:54:03
    No!
    Green is a color
    Heck no....I might if it was a child to die or something of that nature though
  • kitkat42 2009/09/15 01:51:15
    No!
    kitkat42
    No, but I've often said I would rather be the one taken then one of my children or grand children.
  • Jerry 2009/09/15 01:44:46
    Other.
    Jerry
    it depends on who it is, but my time will come
  • Complex Emotions, Simply James 2009/09/15 01:44:40
    Other.
    Complex Emotions, Simply James
    +1
    I think "Why did God take anyone in the first place!?" Hahaha!

2014/10/22 08:05:14