When reporting on the beating, mocking, robbing, and glorifying of the crime committed against the Baltimore tourist on St. Patrick's Day, the local media report is 100% ABSENT of two words - "white" & "black"...Good idea?..Bad idea?...Right?...Wrong?

Howler 2012/04/08 17:46:28
http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2012/04/06/crowd-beats-strips-r...

BALTIMORE (WJZ)– Caught on camera– a tourist being beaten in downtown Baltimore and instead of helping him, a crowd laughs and steals his belongings.

Mike Hellgren has the video and the investigation.

Police hope this video will get the attackers off the streets.

The video shows a man being punched in the face in Downtown Baltimore. You can hear his head hit the pavement near the entrance to Courthouse East.

Instead of helping, people laugh.

Then, the crowd strips him naked and takes his car keys, watch, money and iPhone.

It happened St. Patrick’s Day. Police say the victim was out partying and woke up the next day at his hotel, cut and bruised with no idea why.

“He had every right to leave wherever he was and get back to where he needed to be safely. Their behavior was just criminal,” Det. Nicole Monroe of the Baltimore City Police Department said.

“Not only was he relieved of his property after he was assaulted, but there were a lot of other things done to him that are disturbing to look at, and we want to bring these people to justice,” Det. Monroe said.

Those who’ve seen the video are outraged.

“Oh, my god! Where’s the police?” Antonio Richardson of Baltimore said after seeing the video. “It gives us a bad name, Baltimore. And people don’t want to, you know, trust us to come down here.”

“It’s surprising, but it’s dangerous,” another person said.

“It’s awful, obviously. You just have to be really careful on those days. You can’t just be wandering around the streets,” Diego Tapia said.

Police say they’ve gotten leads but made no arrests.

“The public is going to be helpful in this case, and they have been helpful thus far,” Det. Monroe said.

Those who filmed it for fun and posted it for the world to see unwittingly provided cops and prosecutors with the key evidence in this vicious attack.

The victim didn’t even know that such a video existed until a relative watched it online and told him.

After the attack, people bragged about it on camera. Tens of thousands of people have seen the video online.

• Walt 2012/04/08 17:53:47
    The media is WRONG to not use those two words when reporting this crime
    Walt
    +11
    Baltimore has become a dangerous, thug-filled city. I wouldn't visit there for anything. If the suspects are white or black, giving a physical description of them is relevant. Protecting them by refusing to describe them makes the media complicit in the crime.

• American BadAss! 2012/04/14 15:35:40
  • wysiwis 2012/04/13 23:46:52
    wysiwis
    +1
    They SHOULD have reported "race" as such. If it's good enough to report when Hispanic on Black, or White on Black crimes, it needs to be reported the other way as well!
  • Flamingolady 2012/04/13 03:07:39
    Flamingolady
    +1
    Answers like this for questions like this make me NOT want to answer them. The point is, that the media hardly mentioned this crime. Whether it was against a white man or a Martian. Unless it was here on SodaHead, I would NOT have even heard about it.
  • TuringsChild 2012/04/10 03:21:36
    TuringsChild
    +1
    Obviously the crime didn't fit the liberal profile for 'acceptable' race reporting. All this means to me is that Baltimore is a hellhole that no sane person will ever visit again.
  • Reggie☮ 2012/04/10 00:51:47
    Reggie☮
    +1
    This is so typical of how the media reports!!!
  • Kiosk Kid 2012/04/09 14:16:05 (edited)
    Kiosk Kid
    +1
    What do you expect the Liberal media to do; report the facts? Even the FBI dosn't breakdown black on white crime. They don't want to report the facts either. However, you can find the following facts about youth crime those 18 and under.

While blacks only make up 12 percent of the population they commit:

Murder and nonnegligent manslaughter: 56.2
    Forcible rape: 36.1
    Robbery: 66.7
    Aggravated assault: 41.5
    Burglary: 36.5

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/c...

Table 43C
  • Howler Kiosk Kid 2012/04/09 15:09:28
  • Kiosk Kid Howler 2012/04/09 22:12:51
    Kiosk Kid
    +1
    The FBI doesn't report black on white crime or white on black crime because the results show that black on white crime is 7 to 30 times more.

Obliviously, you know how Liberals hate facts. Facts are not politically correct. You may hurt a racist’s feelings with facts. You may slam a Marxist with facts.

Can you imagine how rich Zimmerman is going to be suing racist Liberals when the special prosecutor drops all charges?
  • Charles E 2012/04/09 13:49:25
    Charles E
    +1
    White on black would have front page news with race mentioned in every paragraph.
  • Cognito22 2012/04/09 13:16:05
    Right or wrong does not matter in this case -- it is a GOOD IDEA for the medi...
    Cognito22
  • jr 2012/04/09 12:44:27
    jr
    +2
    The media appears to be as selective as the DOJ in their determination of what is and what is not racism. Both appear to contend there is no such thing as black on white racism
  • Scout 2012/04/09 11:06:05
    Scout
    +3
    If he had been lawfully armed and had shot his attackers, the media would have demonized him.
  • Jenn 2012/04/09 06:19:53
    Jenn
    +3
    OMG !! How disgusting that this was never reported to the police or the media..when so many people witnessed this..I was sickened by this and makes me realize just how sick this society has become..when people would actually laugh at such a crime against this tourist when he had never done anything to deserve such a beating..I am apalled and disgusted by this act..My heart goes out to this individual....I hope he's alright.
  • texasred 2012/04/09 06:00:16
    texasred
    +4
    If they use them for White on Black crimes, they need to use them for Black on White crimes. But again... there's that good old double standard.
  • CODE 11 2012/04/09 03:01:02
    CODE 11
    +7
    What would you expect...blacks only attack when they outnumber victims. There not worried about tourist coming..they know the welfare check will be there on the 1st.
  • Peewee ~PWCM~JLA 2012/04/09 02:42:31
    Right or wrong does not matter in this case -- it is a BAD IDEA for the media...
    Peewee ~PWCM~JLA
    +3
    If the media uses those magic words on some occasions, then they need to use them on *every* occasion there's a crime like that. Not just when expedient to get ratings.
  • The Patriot RP 2012 2012/04/09 01:17:40
    The Patriot RP 2012
    +2
    I'm so pissed off over this crime, I can hardly contain my anger.
  • Plantgypc 2012/04/09 00:51:19
    Plantgypc
    +6
    They are covering up the black on white crimes. This is wrong. Thugs are thugs and need to be brought to justice.
  • Murph 65 2012/04/08 21:19:58
    Murph 65
    +6
    Either we aren't going to mention it for every crime reported that makes the news or we are going to mention it for everyone. I am so sick of this "Let's sensationalize the white on black and tone down and not report the black on white." Either mugging, beating, torturing, robbing, killing is a crime against an American committed by an American or it just ain't a gd crime. Someone please tell the alphabet news and their paper counterparts to get their heads out of the butts and report without commentary, salaciousness or bias, please.
  • Louisa - Enemy of the State 2012/04/08 21:15:58
    Louisa - Enemy of the State
    +8
    Well, once again I'm learning something that happened in my home city NOT from the MSM but from my friends at Sodahead! It's amazing. Without SH I'd be a neanderthal.

But actually, I don't care if they use 'black/white' but whatever they do, they MUST be consistent!!! I really do see how inflammatory it can be in the wrong situations, but it isn't up to the MSM to make the decision as to when to use and not use race in the description. Pick one or the other and stick with it!!
  • Peewee ... Louisa ... 2012/04/09 02:58:30
    Peewee ~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    They're getting too much mileage from Trayvon.
  • cindy 2012/04/08 21:15:37 (edited)
    cindy
    +6
    Truth hurts some groups. but honesty is the best policy and you can't fix what you choose to deny. Thugs are thugs no matter the color.The liberal media encourages violence with their lies in reporting the real truth.. kinda makes you wonder?? Do they like peace between blacks and whites/ or do they intentionaly enrage us and create chaos to pin us against each other with their false reporting.. I think the Blacks are being used and conned by the liberals... they use you for violence and praise your actions . does that sound and act like the kind of people that care about what Martin Luther King worked so hard to teach.( Equality) Liberals make bad role models. I only hope people wake up. The liberals are both black and white ..We are all being conned as to rip America and destroy this great Country that stands for Freedom for all...
  • Aqua Surf BTO-t-BCRA-F 2012/04/08 20:03:07
    Aqua Surf BTO-t-BCRA-F
    +6
    If it's okay for one story, it's okay for all. I hope those thugs are caught and tied to poles at the scene of the crime so passersby can spit on them.
    +9
    Particularly when they would definitely use those words, were the races of perpetrator and target reversed.
  • Peewee ... Temlako... 2012/04/09 02:58:58
    Peewee ~PWCM~JLA
    +4
    You know it.
  • Temlako... Peewee ... 2012/04/09 13:27:55
    +3
    And this is not the first time that CBS has blackened its eye.
  • Peewee ... Temlako... 2012/04/10 02:04:59
    Peewee ~PWCM~JLA
    +3
    And laugh at Fox
  • Murph 2012/04/08 19:23:49
    Murph
    +3
    The video is still on youtube.
  • Peewee ... Murph 2012/04/09 03:00:06
    Peewee ~PWCM~JLA
    +2
    I'll pass....
  • Murph Peewee ... 2012/04/09 13:01:06
    Murph
    +2
    I don't blame you. It's pretty gruesome, I couldn't watch the whole thing.
  • Peewee ... Murph 2012/04/10 02:08:21
    Peewee ~PWCM~JLA
    +2
    And WHY is it not on the news?!
  • Murph Peewee ... 2012/04/10 02:23:28
    Murph
    +3
    Because it doesn't fit in with the deliberate liberal bias in the politically correct leftist media.
  • Peewee ... Murph 2012/04/10 02:34:12
    Peewee ~PWCM~JLA
    +3
    I think we both knew the answer to that one, don't we? It would be a very interesting statistic to see the ratio of black on white to white on black to black on black to white on white murders. I'm too lazy to go look for it.
  • marcuss LIBERALS ARE TRAITORS 2012/04/08 19:17:19
    marcuss LIBERALS ARE TRAITORS
    +6
    We are no longer a equal country when it comes to violence that is reported.
  • ElChorizon© 2012/04/08 19:04:32 (edited)
    ElChorizon©
    +7
    They must have mistaken him for Zimmerman. I wonder if Obama will throw his 2 cents in? Oh never mind, he's white.
  • COCO ElChori... 2012/04/09 04:36:24
    COCO
    +2
    Indeed.
  • Dandydon 2012/04/08 18:54:09
    Dandydon
    +9
    Thugs will be thugs.
    Probably figured they're entitled to free stuff from the victim.

I wonder if Al Sharpton is grabbing his bull horn and getting ready to go speak out for the victim?

al sharpton bull horn
  • goatman112003 2012/04/08 18:51:36
    goatman112003
    +5
    The media is wrong in not using the words but the media shows it. What is forgotten this happens all the time and never reported.
  • Stoney 2012/04/08 18:44:37
    Stoney
    +10
    Good news reporting presents ALL the known facts at the time of the writing. However, since Real Journalism is a thing of the past, we can expect nothing PC propaganda when this crap happens. The Victim will be lucky indeed if he obtains Justice in this situation........like so many other people haven't in the past.
    press
  • Dagon 2012/04/08 18:43:38

2014/07/26 13:14:44