When did it become evil to be rich?

Jesse-Tired of Liberal Lunacy 2013/01/09 14:58:02
The government cannot give to anybody
anything that the government does not first take from somebody
else.

Have the liberals ever heard that one?

I am so TIRED of hearing about
taxing the rich. Elderly people are not starving to death because the rich don't
pay enough taxes. When people are taxed more, regardless of their financial
status...POOR PEOPLE DO NOT BENEFIT FROM IT. The government takes the money to
spend on their extravagances, like Barack's one million dollar dinner party he
threw for Mexico's finest. Get OFF the stupid "tax the rich" soapbox.

When did it become evil to be rich? Didn't
that used to be the whole point? Wasn't the whole idea of coming to America the
fact that it was the land of opportunity and you could build your fortune and no
one could take it away from you? When did we suddenly start hating the rich so
bad? Hmmmm, could it be liberals stirring up hatred against the wealthy so that
they can push their socialist government? Are they too stupid to understand that
if we did have socialism here it would not make the poor richer, it would just
make the rich poorer and take away people's opportunity and motivation to make and keep their
own money. Is that really what they want? Or is it just envy at it's finest once
again?

I think people who get obsessed with this are nothing more than
greedy, envious children who think if THEY aren't rich then NO ONE should be.
Pure SPITE. It has nothing to do with wanting to help the "poor and the
elderly." It has EVERYTHING to do with being able to say "Oooh, goody, a rich
person got some of his or her money taken away." Such individuals need to GROW UP!

The rich pay 86% of the taxes in this country.

"When half of the people get the idea
that they do not have to work because the other half is going to
take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it
does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they
work for, that is the beginning of the end of any nation"

Will they ever get it? NO.

Okay out there… stand up and be counted all you who would turn
down millions of dollars if you had a way to get rich. Exactly. Don't
let's be hypocrites here. Speaking of… the most precious hypocrites
in the world are the rich Hollywood celebrities supporting the leftist
politicians because they “ look out for the little guy and tax the rich fat
cats,"....quoted by celebrities as they sit in the living room of
their $20 million home and get a hanky out of their $1200 Louis
Vuitton handbag to mop up the tears they are crying for the poor.
Give me a break.

And the rich-hating liberals just LOVE to worship their celebrities. What's up with THAT? Aren't they evil too because they're rich? Physician, heal thyself.

• Cthulhu 2013/01/14 03:27:35 (edited)
    comment as you wish
    Cthulhu
    +39
    It isn't evil to be rich, but the ultra rich in this country have created huge monopolies and used government law creation to protect their rights at the expense of everyone else (they perverted our laws). They want their economy protected at the expense of the economy of the 99%.

History is written by the victors, and the past generation has seen the banks and financial sector emerge victorious. Holding the bottom 99% in debt, the top 1% are now in the process of subsidizing a deceptive economic theory to persuade voters to pursue policies that benefit the financial sector at the expense of labor, industry, and democratic government as we know it.

Wall Street lobbyists blame unemployment and the loss of industrial competitiveness on
    government spending and budget deficits – especially on social programs – and labor’s demand to share in the economy’s rising productivity. The myth (perhaps we should call it junk economics) is that (1) governments should not run deficits (at least, not by printing their own money), because (2) public money creation and high taxes (at lest on the wealthy) cause prices to rise. The cure for economic malaise (which they themselves have caused), is said to be less public spending, along with more tax cuts for the wealthy, who euphemize themselves as “j...

government spending and budget deficits – especially on social programs – and labor’s demand to share in the economy’s rising productivity. The myth (perhaps we should call it junk economics) is that (1) governments should not run deficits (at least, not by printing their own money), because (2) public money creation and high taxes (at lest on the wealthy) cause prices to rise. The cure for economic malaise (which they themselves have caused), is said to be less public spending, along with more tax cuts for the wealthy, who euphemize themselves as “job creators.” Demanding budget surpluses, bank lobbyists promise that banks can provide the economy with enough purchasing power to grow. Then, when this ends in crisis, they insist that austerity can squeeze out enough income to enable private-sector debts to be paid.

The reality is that when banks load the economy down with debt, this leaves less to spend on domestic goods and services while driving up housing prices (and hence the cost of living) with reckless credit creation on looser lending terms. Yet on top of this debt deflation, bank lobbyists urge fiscal deflation: budget surpluses rather than pump-priming deficits. The effect is to further reduce private-sector market demand, shrinking markets and employment. Governments fall deeper into distress, and are told to sell off land and natural resources, public enterprises, and other assets. This creates a lucrative market for bank loans to finance privatization on credit. This explains why financial lobbyists back the new buyers’ right to raise the prices they charge for basic needs, creating a united front to endorse rent extraction. The effect is to enrich the financial sector owned by the 1% in ways that indebt and privatize the economy at large – individuals, business and the government itself.

This policy was exposed as destructive in the late 1920s and early 1930s when John Maynard Keynes, Harold Moulton and a few others countered the claims of Jacques Rueff and Bertil Ohlin that debts of any magnitude could be paid if governments would impose deep enough austerity and suffering. This is the doctrine adopted by the International Monetary Fund to impose on Third World debtors since the 1960s, and by European neoliberals defending creditors imposing austerity on Ireland, Greece, Spain and Portugal.

This pro-austerity mythology aims to distract the public from asking why peacetime governments can’t simply print the money they need. Given the option of printing money instead of levying taxes, why do politicians only create new spending power for the purpose of waging war and destroying property, not to build or repair bridges, roads and other public infrastructure? Why should the government tax employees for future retirement payouts, but not Wall Street for similar user fees and financial insurance to build up a fund to pay for future bank over-lending crises? For that matter, why doesn’t the U.S. Government print the money to pay for Social Security and medical care, just as it created new debt for the $13 trillion post-2008 bank bailout?

• Richie Rich 2013/01/20 20:21:51
  • tytyvyllus 2013/01/20 17:17:23
    comment as you wish
    tytyvyllus
    I think it would be great to be rich yet we have worked, invested in property and the market and are very comfortable with being very comfortable. I know some of the anger against the rich is jealousy but what is this crap about the poor being noble? In this culture one is not allowed to show the obvious causality between lazy and poor and while I am not stating that all the poor are lazy there is surly a large enough number to notice. I don't buy the eye of the needle B.S. for it was just the name of the narrowest gate into the walled city of Jerusalem and camels could not pass through without unloading. What also annoys me is dealing in percentages so we hear that warren buffets secretary pays a larger percentage in taxes than does he. Yet what does he pay in actual taxes?
  • Jesse-T... tytyvyllus 2013/01/20 18:42:01
    Jesse-Tired of Liberal Lunacy
    +1
    Exactly. Many people are poor because they spend their energy whining about the rich and chasing handouts instead of working like successful people do. And that's just the way it is folks. I can't believe you actually explained what the "eye of the needle" is. Of course, it will be over the heads of many people who posted here. But it was refreshing to hear. At one point, this entire thread became a festival of idiots misquoting Scripture, and you are a breath of fresh air. Their problem is that they only read that particular book when they want to try to use it against a Christian. Which is kind of like picking up a Dean Koontz novel, reading three sentences, and then wondering why you're confused and misquoting everything. But that was essentially what most people did who tried to quote scriptures on this thread.Thank you for your post. It showed so much more brains and intelligence than SO many of the posts that ended up on this thread.
  • tytyvyllus Jesse-T... 2013/01/20 18:54:08
    tytyvyllus
    I love you. I so appreciate thoughtful, insightful and bright people.
  • Casey 2013/01/20 04:48:24
    comment as you wish
    Casey
    +1
    um I am a liberal and I dont think rich people are evil....I do think that rich people who became rich by stepping on all the little people and forgetting where they came from who like to con people are evil....I don't like rich people who were born rich and dont know a damn thing about work and bitch about taxes bc they are scared they might have to get up and work...my whole family is poor and we work and I will be able to go back to work soon but I will still be poor....just hopefully not so poor that I need the government to help with medicaid we need another raise of the minimum wage.
  • nothing... Casey 2013/02/04 06:25:37
    nothingbutthetruth
    I under your point and I agree.
  • Gone Away 2013/01/20 03:56:15
    comment as you wish
    Gone Away
    +2
    I'd say only extremists say that! Not all rich are evil anymore than all of any other particular characterized group are evil!
    Except maybe, like serial killers...
    They ARE ALL evil!

And, come to think of it...
    they usually don't use guns, either! Hmmmm??? evil is as evil does
  • Stef and the City 2013/01/20 03:49:00
    comment as you wish
    Stef and the City
    +2
    Depending on how someone obtained their wealth, it isn't evil to be rich. For the most part, the people who have anything bad to say about the rich are either jealous or poor. If they spent less time complaining about those who have money and more time trying to make some themselves they would be a lot better off.
  • Transquesta 2013/01/20 03:45:30
    comment as you wish
    Transquesta
    +2
    When the dumbass masses got sold on the idea that having more than anyone else made scum out of the person who has it.
  • nothingbutthetruth 2013/01/20 03:43:11 (edited)
    comment as you wish
    nothingbutthetruth
    +1
    I don't think Nobody thought it was evil to be rich. Jesus said, "it easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter into heaven. "And also the "LOVE" of money is the root of all evil." Why you think he said that? Because some rich people never seem to satisfy and money becomes their God. And many do evil things to get rich. Including hurting the poor and making them even poorer! Jesus also said he came that man may have life and have it more abundantly. Meaning that having riches is not the problem, but how one treat people and handle those riches.
  • Jesse-T... nothing... 2013/01/20 18:43:20
    Jesse-Tired of Liberal Lunacy
    +1
    Exactly my point. Read a few posts up, however, to understand what the "eye of the needle" was.
  • nothing... Jesse-T... 2013/02/04 06:36:01
    nothingbutthetruth
    I read it, and that is something I did know. In that form of sense, it mean if the rich man take advantage of the people because they are rich, it's like having too many sacks on their back. Not because one is rich doesn't mean he must not understand the needs of the poor. Not all people were meant to be rich. And a poor person doesn't mean they are lazy or unambitious. It mean that is their path in this life to lean and understand life. If everybody was rich, or everybody was beautiful or everybody was intelligent or everybody was good, there won't be any mean for Jesus Christ coming to Earth. Life is a lesson for all to learn, rich and poor, and the only way to learn the lessons is to follow God's teachings.
  • Curmudgeon 2013/01/18 19:16:22
    comment as you wish
    Curmudgeon
    +4
    Being rich isn't evil as not everyone obtains their riches from dishonest means. Many a few have done so with great personal costs.

The majority of this comes from jealous people who lack the drive and personal motivation to give up their personal comforts to actually do more than talk big.
  • nothing... Curmudgeon 2013/01/20 03:46:06
    nothingbutthetruth
    And you must also remember that some people make comments and based their judgment on what they see and hear coming from a rich person.
  • Curmudgeon nothing... 2013/01/20 12:09:26
    Curmudgeon
    Being biased and judgemental is somwthing the person in question has the choice to not be, dropping all jaded thoughts there is a reason some people get wealthy and others do not.

Personal bias and being full of yourself is a great way to miss what you are doing different.
  • Reggie☮ 2013/01/18 16:29:44
    comment as you wish
    Reggie☮
    +2
    When hard work and success became dirty words and lazy, welfare freeloader and give me some of yours' gained praise. Good post.
  • Jesse-T... Reggie☮ 2013/01/19 01:31:27
    Jesse-Tired of Liberal Lunacy
    +2
    Thank you
  • LauraMaeMc 2013/01/18 16:16:35
    comment as you wish
    LauraMaeMc
    +1
    In a battle between good and evil.
  • TruBluTopaz 2013/01/18 04:12:23
    comment as you wish
    TruBluTopaz
    +1
    When Obama got elected.
  • Charu ∞ijm♥∞ 2013/01/18 02:27:02
    comment as you wish
    Charu ∞ijm♥∞
    +3
    When the left found it was selling a point.
  • Gracie - Proud Conservative 2013/01/18 02:21:08
    comment as you wish
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    +3
    One word...jealousy.
  • 56lady☆POTL JLA BTO-t- BCRA... 2013/01/18 01:25:05
    comment as you wish
    56lady☆POTL JLA BTO-t- BCRA-F's
    +4
    If you are a self reliant, supporting your family, not depending on the government for handouts .... you are evil !!
  • Phyl *In God i Trust* 2013/01/17 03:14:43 (edited)
    comment as you wish
    Phyl *In God i Trust*
    +4
    Have you ever heard .Money is the root to all evil.Greedy
    Jesse have not ever heard that saying before ?
    I dont know you =you dont know me .
    I know the Holy Bible. Funny you blocked me.lol lol
  • 56lady☆... Phyl *I... 2013/01/18 01:21:56
    56lady☆POTL JLA BTO-t- BCRA-F's
    +3
    you're not suppose to be successful in their eyes !! :(
  • Jesse-T... Phyl *I... 2013/01/18 01:45:26 (edited)
    Jesse-Tired of Liberal Lunacy
    +2
    Congratulations Phyl *In God i Trust* AFCL wins the prize!!!!
    No I'm afraid you're incorrect. However, you won the prize for being the one hundred and fiftieth person who misquoted that Scripture on this thread. Read through the thread you will see that I addressed it about a hundred and forty-nine times. You people really should not try to quote books that you don't understand. The Bible says the LOVE of money is the root of evil. You guys take out the word "love" and change the entire meaning and then claim you know the BIBLE? SAD!!!
  • zebsmom 2013/01/16 04:07:18
    comment as you wish
    zebsmom
    +1
    Inciting class warfare is a wonderful divide and conquer strategy. Particularly if your platform is based on continuing/creating dependency on government.
    It's also part of the "excuse" generation. There's always an excuse for everything. No personal responsibility. People no longer believe that they'll be successful if they work hard and unsuccessful if they don't. If they're not successful-it's always someone else's fault. [If you don't believe it, ask any teacher]. The converse is that successful people got where they are by ulterior means.
    Blaming someone else for one's problems has become far to large a part of our culture.
  • Jazzyji... zebsmom 2013/01/20 05:02:24
    Jazzyjimmy56
    +2
    Very Good, but not all successful people got where they are by ulterior means, most got there through, hard work, endurance, patience, perseverance, long hours, being broke, failure, stress and emotional strain.
  • Curmudgeon Jazzyji... 2013/01/20 12:16:12
    Curmudgeon
    +1
    Much the same that not all poor people got there from a tough life and people not giving them a fair chance. Personal choices play larger role than people imagine they do...
  • zebsmom Jazzyji... 2013/01/23 01:55:52
    zebsmom
    +1
    I heartily agree. That's my point. Most people are successful due to their own honest hard work and perseverance.
    Part of the class warfare strategy is to make it look like no one is successful without either inheriting it, enslaving people or otherwise ripping people off. Another arm of the excuse strategy. Worked for Stalin and Lenin.
  • Woof 2013/01/15 05:16:45 (edited)
    comment as you wish
    Woof
    +3
    Actually, its been in process for awhile here in america. It has been used in as a tool by the progressives to divide and conquer for even longer. Historically, It's been used in Russia, China, Cuba to name a few. It's divide and conquer and oddly the progressives are able to pull that trick out of their bag time after time. It only makes the poor poorer, the wealthy less wealthy and the middle class a distant memory. Sadly, its been played here by unions and again the progressives. Obama has been using this old favorite like a surgeon uses his instruments, with expert precision . Shame to those who don't aspire to use their talents but stifle their ambition and wait for someone to fill in for them.
  • Jesse-T... Woof 2013/01/15 05:29:16
    Jesse-Tired of Liberal Lunacy
    +2
    Can't improve on THAT!!!!
  • Woof Jesse-T... 2013/01/15 07:30:07
    Woof
    +1
    Thanks, it was a good question. It's one I think about often, especially because I always wanted to be rich. It's hard to believe this class warfare has worked. As a kid, if someone was successful, everyone wanted to find out how that person did it! Certainly not begrudge them for it.
  • Jesse-T... Woof 2013/01/15 13:37:38
    Jesse-Tired of Liberal Lunacy
    +2
    Jeez. I wish you would have written that post. That's a good way to word it and I might have to plagiarize that in the future. LOL!
  • SunShine Woof 2013/01/18 01:27:36
  • Woof SunShine 2013/01/18 05:21:45
    Woof
    +2
    What an eye opener. The frightening part is that these are American officers. I can't fathom them not knowing its wrong, yet they did it.
  • SunShine Woof 2013/01/18 05:24:00
    SunShine
    +1
    they must all be on koolaid..
  • Woof SunShine 2013/01/18 05:23:46
    Woof
    +2
    Obama's fundamentally changing our country. We can expect more.
  • Divided States of America 2013/01/15 01:13:21
    comment as you wish
    Divided States of America
    +3
    Good post. I think most of it is spot on. The working class doesn't get the fact that they will be poorer in the event the government raises taxes on the rich. I didn't want to use the term poor because the poorest might get something more, while on the other hand the working class will get a free hand out as their job is lost by taxing the rich. The hand out will be alot less than money earned at a job.
  • Jesse-T... Divided... 2013/01/15 02:07:19
    Jesse-Tired of Liberal Lunacy
    +1
    exactly. Thank you so much.
  • Beccy 2013/01/15 00:22:14
    comment as you wish
    +3
    Well the way I see it people who rape the earth, polute the air, and exploit people are evil. The person who makes $34 million per year and sends the jobs to third world countries because the workers make $20 per hour is evil. The business owner like Wall Mart who work people part time and expect me a tax payer in the 99% range to pay for health insurance and food stamps for their employee because they only work part time is evil. The way the banks charge lower interest rates to the rich then they do to the poor is evil. The way insurance companies charge more to the poor then the rich is evil. Selling people things from China that could kill them is evil. So why do you think it's okay for the rich to get rich off the blood, sweat and tears of the poor and the working class.

2014/08/23 19:23:06