Whats Your Opinion On Obamacare

Jaiheena Star 2011/04/14 17:44:41
Related Topics: Obamacare

• Oy85 2011/04/14 18:16:37
    Oy85
    +5
    Just another monumental lie and attempt to screw over America but get his name in the history books. Even if it's overturned, on paper; he'll be able to say, "I was the only President to bring health care to all of America".

You know, "as long as I look good on paper". That's the philosophy that has done so well for him thus far.

• Kia 2011/09/23 12:40:24
  • Jaiheena Star 2011/04/14 22:57:25 (edited)
  • nonpassive2 2011/04/14 21:31:14
    nonpassive2
    OBAMACARE is about as TRANSPARENT as this JOKE OF A PRESIDENT!!!!!!!!
  • Jaiheena Star 2011/04/14 19:13:03 (edited)
  • Jaiheena Star 2011/04/14 19:10:32 (edited)
  • Oy85 2011/04/14 18:16:37
    Oy85
    +5

• Jaiheen... Oy85 2011/04/14 19:11:09
  • SharkKiller 2011/04/14 18:14:02
    SharkKiller
    The Affordable Care Act doesn't address the issues I wanted to address but it's a start.
  • MadAsHEck SharkKi... 2011/04/14 21:04:23
    MadAsHEck
    A wonderful name for a law that lies.

Kind of like 9/11 is no longer called a Terrorist attack, but a Man Made Disaster. And Garbagemen are no longer Garbage men, but Recycling Engineers.

You can call a turd a Chocolate Popcicle, but when you get it close to your nose, it still smells like a turn.
  • SharkKi... MadAsHEck 2011/04/14 22:04:44
    SharkKiller
    Not sure where you're getting your information from. Your ass? Who calls 9/11 a man-made disaster?
  • MadAsHEck SharkKi... 2011/04/14 22:20:19 (edited)
    MadAsHEck
    Napolitano in 2009:

Even as President Obama compares bankers to suicide bombers, his Homeland Security Secretary is suggesting the T-word, terrorism, is too inflammatory and representative of old-fashioned "politics of fear." She's announced a new term: "man-caused disaster." From an interview with the German magazine Der Spiegel:

SPIEGEL: Madame Secretary, in your first testimony to the US Congress as Homeland Security Secretary you never mentioned the word "terrorism." Does Islamist terrorism suddenly no longer pose a threat to your country?

NAPOLITANO: Of course it does. I presume there is always a threat from terrorism. In my speech, although I did not use the word "terrorism," I referred to "man-caused" disasters. That is perhaps only a nuance, but it demonstrates that we want to move away from the politics of fear toward a policy of being prepared for all risks that can occur.

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/...
  • SharkKi... MadAsHEck 2011/04/15 00:10:37
    SharkKiller
    Napolitano? Napolitano? Who in the world gives that man any credit for having a functioning brain cell? *chuckle*
  • MadAsHEck SharkKi... 2011/04/15 00:20:03
    MadAsHEck
    It's a she> :)
  • SharkKi... MadAsHEck 2011/04/15 00:28:06
    SharkKiller
    Aha! Janet. Not Andrew. I'm sure there's a point you're trying to make. I just don't know what it is.
  • MadAsHEck SharkKi... 2011/04/15 01:03:30
    MadAsHEck
    "Not sure where you're getting your information from. Your ass? Who calls 9/11 a man-made disaster?"

Your quote, my answer in response.
  • SharkKi... MadAsHEck 2011/04/16 03:16:13
    SharkKiller
    Sorry...what were we talking about? *grin*

Technically speaking, it was a man-made disaster...just as Lockerbie was and every other terrorist attack. But this is all semantics. Do you have a point?
  • MadAsHEck SharkKi... 2011/04/16 03:19:48
    MadAsHEck
    By calling them Man Made Disasters, it actually removes the blame from those that perpetrated it. Islamic Terrorists.

And of course there are home grown Terrorists, Which of course will be the next response. And this summer I feel that we are going to see some of both.
  • SharkKi... MadAsHEck 2011/04/18 15:04:51
    SharkKiller
    Semantics doesn't remove responsibility.

And yes, we definitely will see terrorism again...there simply is no way to prevent that in this world. Ask the Israelis.
  • WmartRamen 2011/04/14 17:55:34
    WmartRamen
    +1
    I guess it is better than not having anything!
    http://www.youtube.com/WALMAR...
    The Tea Party lies too much!
    You can't tell how rich these people want to be! When you have a $3000 X-Ray bill!
    Needs to be reformed! Enough, no more RepublicanCare! Im tired of them not caring!!!
  • MadAsHEck WmartRamen 2011/04/14 18:46:10 (edited)
    MadAsHEck
    +2
    What you are talking about is not X-ray, but Cat Scan, And the cost and maintenance of a CAT machine is in the Millions of dollars a year. My cat Scan for prostate cancer was $2400.

I had 2 large Xrays a month ago, and the total cost was $300, which Medicare paid $180

And if you think it's going to get better under O'care, you are wrong. What you are going to see is long waiting lines, like in Canada and England. And rationed care controled by bureaucrats. Why do you think Canadians are coming to Washington Clinics for care when they have almost free care in Canada? If they can afford it, to get faster and better quality care.

Over 40% of doctors are planning on leaving the medical profession within the next 2-3 years if O'care in not repealed. And you will be MANDATED to buy the inbsurance at whatever rate the government sets, and it comes out of your pay like withholding now. Controlled by the IRS.

And there may be no new Federal taxes to cover O'care, but they are transferring 118 Billion dollars of the Medicare costs to Medicaid. Which means your state will have to come up with it's share of that amount. So ya thiink the States may have to raise taxes? Or as some states are thinking quit providing Medicais.

And what funniest of all, is that there still will be in...

And what funniest of all, is that there still will be in the range of 15-20 million people not covered by O'care and left without coverage.

When the government takes over the free market, there is no advantage. And this is something like a 45% chunk of the free market being socialized.
  • MadAsHEck 2011/04/14 17:48:33 (edited)
    MadAsHEck
    Having been told by my Urologist that he will no longer be covering me after January 2012 under Medicare, and no other doctors I've called are taking new medicare patients, I have a gret fear.

With Prostate cancer, no doctor, kinda scary.
  • SharkKi... MadAsHEck 2011/04/14 18:17:11
    SharkKiller
    Where do you live in Washington state? There are very few doctors who do not accept Medicare. In fact, I don't even know of one.
  • MadAsHEck SharkKi... 2011/04/14 18:21:03
    MadAsHEck
    Tacoma area. And both my wifes heart specialist, and my Urologists are no longer taking New Medicare patients.
  • SharkKi... MadAsHEck 2011/04/14 18:24:22
    SharkKiller
    And I'm guessing that neither of you are Veterans so you don't have access to a VA clinic/hospital? Have you tried the Pierce area?
  • MadAsHEck SharkKi... 2011/04/14 18:58:20 (edited)
    MadAsHEck
    I am a retired veteran. And till recently had no concern, Medicare and Tricare took good care of us. It's as O'care begins to kick in that the problems are arising.

Vets are only able to use Va facilities for "Service Connected Disabilities" And that does not include all vets, like me that had no Service Connected Disabulity. Another Thing that most people do not know, but assume as fact..

Pierce Area? Tacoma is the Pierce county area.

Point being that having a benefit that Doctors are refusing is like no benefit at all. And they are refusung new Medicare patients all over the country. Don't take my word for it, ask a doctor.

And an interesting question yu might answer for me is - Why if obamacare is so great, are over 1100 Companies, and Unions exempted from paying into it for 2011, and an extension planned to take the exemptions out to 2014. Who's going to be covering their share for the next 4 years?
  • SharkKi... MadAsHEck 2011/04/14 19:18:55
    SharkKiller
    Hmm. I'm a Vet. Retired Marine. The Affordable Care Act does not affect your VA care. Unless you're a Level 7 or Level 8 Vet, you should be able to get coverage through the VA...and Level 7 & 8 care were abolished under President Bush. You can thank him for that...not the Affordable Care Act.

You physician choosing not to accept Medicare is probably something you should take up with him. If you've been a patient of his for a while he is prohibited from the practice of "dumping". As I look through the Tacoma area, I find two physicians accepting Medicare patients; Dr. Paul A. Madsen and Dr. Raymond Dent. You want me to send you their phone numbers?
  • MadAsHEck SharkKi... 2011/04/14 19:41:27
    MadAsHEck
    Actually, that is not true. I cannot go to the VA as I do not have a "Service connected Disability" Look it up. Or call the VA hospital.

And participation in Medicare is a voluntary thing for doctors. An no I am covered for the time being, and do not want to change doctors.

And I do not need a Bariatric Doctor, nor a GP.

And beleve it or not, there are signs in both my doctors office and my wifes that they can no longer accept Medicare patients.
  • SharkKi... MadAsHEck 2011/04/14 19:58:57
    SharkKiller
    I don't have to look up anything regarding the VA, I'm a 2nd-gen Marine who uses the VA. I suggest you do though. You do NOT need to have a service connected disability. You DO need an Honorable Discharge though. I suggest you call one of the VA reps in your area and get brought up to date. I just got off the phone with my VA rep and was informed that President Obama has reinstated medical care for Level 8 vets. You can find out about it here; http://www.military.com/benef...

Participation in Medicare IS voluntary. However, "dumping" is prohibited by law. Your current physician should be able to give you a referral to another doctor (a specialist). Or a GP can do it.
  • MadAsHEck SharkKi... 2011/04/14 20:48:46
    MadAsHEck
    I assume that you have a service Connected Disability, or are paying for your coverage through the VA?

I did call, and found that I can be covered by the VA, but I have to give up My Tricare and go through numerous hoops to make it work. Last time I checked some years ago, I was refused care and referred to the Public Health Hospital.

And also found out that for the Specialists we have now we would most likely be referred to a teaching hospital for treatment. Which woud mean driving a 80 mile round trip for care.

My wife however would not be eligible for CHAMPVA as it only for those up to age 65 according to their website.

As to "Dumping" as you call it, he is shutting down his practice as he can no longer afford to stay in business after 2012 unless whatever hits doctors in 2012 from O'care is repealed.

Ar you aware that there was a 20% tax increase on All Medical Equipment Manufacturers as of 1 January 2011? They have to pass that on to doctors.

And you never did answer why give anybody exemptions if it is such a great plan. 1100 Somebody's and counting. Think that might be a vote collecting plan? Especially since a lot of Unions are exempt.

And did you know that Muslims and other Religious groups that are against insurance, will get care without paying? That a...

And did you know that Muslims and other Religious groups that are against insurance, will get care without paying? That all government workers, congress, and the Administration are exempted from O'care? That there will still be in Excess of 10 Million americans not covered.
  • Jaiheen... MadAsHEck 2011/04/14 23:04:13

2014/10/22 09:43:31