What's so cool about the U.S. Air Force?

jake 2012/07/20 19:20:53
Related Topics: Air Force, Cool, Combat, Job, Jobs
This is why it's cool...
This is why it sucks...
So I have decided to join the Air Force. And I realize this is a poorly worded question. So what I am basically asking is, what was your experience like, what was your job, and how did the Air Force help you later on? I am still trying to figure out what job I want and I was thinking about something along the lines of combat. I have no idea if they have any type of combat jobs in the Air Force.

• Marissa Garreffa 2012/07/21 05:38:15
    This is why it's cool...
    Marissa Garreffa
    Flying a plane = being awesome!
  • Rebel Yell 2012/07/20 20:37:38
    This is why it's cool...
    Rebel Yell
    My cousin was Air Force and really liked it. His career field was in communications, specifically surveillance and detecting/tracking. I don't remember the entire job description, but he had great training and was treated well and made many friends. Many in the AF work on various planes and helicopters , test fuels, etc. Because all commercial airlines need trustworthy mechanics, too, you would probably have good job opportunities after leaving the AF.

There is much information online about all branches of the military and the many jobs associated with each. Take the time to do some research. My other cousin was Navy and spent most of his time on a nuclear sub. Clearly not for everyone, but he really liked it and made the Navy his career.

Good luck to you.
  • Sodahead Founders are Fascists 2012/07/20 19:44:20
    This is why it's cool...
    Sodahead Founders are Fascists
    Because they fly shiny jet planes with bombs and rockets, and can kill lots of people from high above, like in a video game, without having to look their victims in the eye, or ever knowing who they just murdered with the push of a button. They can keep their flight suits spotless, while they soak the scorched ground below them with the blood of the ones they have slain.
    And when they land, they are called heroes.

What's not to like? :D
  • Juan O'Mara 2012/07/20 19:22:10
    This is why it's cool...
    Juan O'Mara
    they do not have to work they do not deploy and always live in hotels
  • Schläue~© Juan O'... 2012/07/20 19:49:06
    Schläue~©
    +1
    My nephew who did a tour on the DMZ in Korea, two tours in Iraq and one in Afghanistan, sweeping mines would disagree.
  • Juan O'... Schläue~© 2012/07/20 19:52:19
    Juan O'Mara
    cool story man
  • Schläue~© Juan O'... 2012/07/20 20:10:21
    Schläue~©
    Obviously you have no idea what the Air Force does these days.

Lackland AFB happens to be the hub for K-9 training for the USAF and USMC.
  • Juan O'... Schläue~© 2012/07/20 20:28:57
    Juan O'Mara
    good opsec!

2014/10/01 16:43:51