What's behind dissing of the president? Check out the article below because the author hits the nail on the head and I couldn't have said it better!

Keeping It Real 2012/06/16 20:07:49
SodaHead Progressives
I definitely think the article substance is right on point
I don't think the article substance is right on point
What's behind dissing of the president?

By Dean Obeidallah, Special to CNN

updated 12:20 PM EDT, Sat June 16, 2012

Watch this video

STORY HIGHLIGHTS

• Dean Obeidallah: A reporter from right-wing site heckled Obama as he talked about immigration
  • He says heckling from Irish-born reporter part of right's campaign to delegitimize Obama
  • He says incidents include Wilson's "you lie," Trump seeking Obama's grades
  • Obeidallah: Expect to see more disrespecting of the president as "the other" during campaign

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah,
a former attorney, is a political comedian and frequent commentator on
various TV networks including CNN. He is the editor of the politics blog
"The Dean's Report" and co-director of the upcoming documentary, "The Muslims Are Coming!" Follow him on Twitter: @deanofcomedy

(CNN) -- A reporter from a right-wing media outlet
heckled President Obama -- not once, but twice -- on Friday as he was
unveiling a new immigration policy. If this shocks you, you haven't been
paying attention. This is simply the latest page from the right's
playbook to delegitimize Barack Obama's presidency.

Some may dismiss it as an
isolated incident, but it's not. It goes much deeper. Believe me, I
know hecklers -- I'm a stand-up comedian. If someone heckles me once, it
can be a mistake: too many drinks, overcome by emotion, etc. But when
you heckle twice, you have an agenda.

Neil Munro, the Irish born reporter
who heckled President Obama, was not just from some random publication.
He works for The Daily Caller, a right-wing website whose
editor-in-chief is the bow-tie wearing Tucker Carlson. (You may recall
Carlson as the guy who famously sparred with — and was taken down by --
Jon Stewart on CNN years ago.)

Dean Obeidallah
Dean Obeidallah

Munro's first heckle
occurred while President Obama was in midsentence, with Munro yelling
out: "Why do you favor foreigners over Americans?" Obama responded:
"Excuse me, sir, but it's not time for questions." Munro countered: "Are
you going to take questions?"

To which the president answered: "Not while I'm speaking."

Later, Munro again
interrupted the president in midstatement. Obama kept his cool; he
simply finished his statement. If I had been president, I would have
deported Munro back to his country of origin.

A quick perusal of Munro's Twitter feed
reveals he does not hide his contempt for President Obama. His tweets
range from claims that Obama is using NASCAR and country music to
attract "white non-college voters," to slams of Michelle Obama, to
allegations that Obama is racially discriminating against blacks in his
White House hiring practices.

But this is all not about
Munro -- he is just a small cog in the right's campaign to diminish the
legitimacy of Obama's presidency. I'm not talking about people
disagreeing with policies. I mean specifically the campaign to paint
Barack Obama as less than American -- as an "other"--as someone whose
presidency is not entitled to the same respect as that of the presidents
who came before him.

This crusade began in the
days before Barack Obama was even sworn in as president. Back then,
Rush Limbaugh, the radio host and self-described "entertainer," announced on his show that he hoped Obama would fail as president. Obama had not even made his first decision as president.

The campaign has
continued with the right's birther movement contending that Obama was
not born in the United States and hence should not be president. Some,
like evangelical leader Franklin Graham, have suggested that Obama is a Muslim (he is a Christian), which to many on the right would mean he's not a "real" American.

We have seen Republican Rep. Joe Wilson yell out at
President Obama, "You lie" while Obama addressed a joint session of
Congress in 2009. Can anyone remember the last time a U.S. president was
called a liar in a joint session of Congress? I can't.

Then there was Republican Rep. Joe Walsh, who last July called on President Obama to "quit lying"
in regards to the debt ceiling debate. Can anyone remember something
like this with previous presidents? I can't either. And, of course,
there's Donald Trump, not only periodically renewing the "birther"
fabrication, but also demanding to see President Obama's college grades, implying he doesn't think Obama is intellectually qualified to be president.

So you see, Munro is
just doing his tiny part. And no doubt some on the right will exalt him
for his "courage." His boss, Tucker Carlson, defended him by saying that no one was upset when then-ABC reporter Sam Donaldson heckled President Reagan. But Fox News' Chris Wallace recalled today
that when he was a White House correspondent with Donaldson during the
Reagan administration, no one ever heckled the president.

So, yet another lie. But
the truth doesn't matter to the far right. It's not about policy or
what is good for the United States of America. It's about delegitimizing
President Obama for political gain.

In the coming months, as
we get closer to Election Day, you may see many more of these kinds of
attacks. While they may disgust you, they should never surprise you.
It's all in the playbook.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/15/opinion/obeidallah-heckle-obama...

• Soylent Green is people!!! 2012/06/18 07:28:01
    Soylent Green is people!!!
    +22
    I say this author has an agenda, it was not objective by any means. I truly believe that the Obama administration is as corrupt or probably more corrupt then the Bush administration!!! He's not a compassionate idealist. He is a true believer in socialist dogma, but the press simply will not vet him as they would a republican, and even how much the press is already putting Mitt Romney through and Bush before him!!! The press is protecting their guy...the press has had a communist bent since before Edward R Murrow!!! Anyone who is willing to see the truth can plainly see this. It is not rocket science, but you have to love truth above all else. Truth above any political party.

• rand 2012/06/24 02:25:38
    rand
    +2
    What's most embarrassing as a U.S. citizen is that these types of tactics work..., and, no, I didn't vote for Obama. I'm a Republican from when it was "the party of reason".
  • connie (in name only) BN-0 2012/06/23 22:59:56 (edited)
    connie (in name only) BN-0
    +2
    This book doesn't just hit the nail, but drives the point all the way home.
    obama hate machine
  • Marek 2012/06/22 15:50:19
    Marek
    The article is just another rant by an obamaton. Here a Dean Obeidallah, convert to islam, defending his fellow muslim brother obama.
  • Keeping... Marek 2012/06/23 19:34:30
    Keeping It Real
    get a clue in glitter
    RWNJ
  • jeane 2012/06/22 14:26:27
    jeane
    +1
    PEOPLE ARE ANGRY - and rightly so!

• John 2012/06/22 13:20:50 (edited)
    John
    +1
    Taking a few points one at a time from the so very astute Dean Obeidallah (a Bill Maher wannabee I guess) article:

-"(You may recall
    Jon Stewart on CNN years ago.)"

"Famously sparred"....? Actually I don't recall it at all, and I doubt very many do. And I'm sure it was quite a major "take-down." (rolls eyes) But I digress....
    ============
    --"the campaign to paint
    Barack Obama as less than American -- as an "other"--"

What can I say? Whether the "birther" argument is true or not, Obama was raised during what most educators consider a child's formative years as an Indonesian attending a Muslim school. He didn't play Little League ball, or have a paper route, or watch Huckleberry Hound on TV, go to Springsteen concerts or rake leaves for neighbors in the Fall to earn a bit more spending money which he blew on baseball-cards. He was raised as a foreigner and cannot help but view America as a foreigner looking in.
    ===========

--"Rush Limbaugh, the radio host and self-described "entertainer," announced on his show that he hoped Obama would fail as president. Obama had not even made his first decision as president."

And just why would a Republican, a conservative or even a RINO hope that a self-de...

-"(You may recall
    Jon Stewart on CNN years ago.)"

============
    --"the campaign to paint

===========

And just why would a Republican, a conservative or even a RINO hope that a self-described leftist (if one took the time to read his books or listen to his older pre-campaign speeches) would succeed? Or expect that his first decision as president would be "Hey, lets cut the burdensome regulations and lower taxes and get this country moving again." Obviously Rush (and I'm no Rush fan at all) was correct in his assumptions. After pushing massive government-spending "stimuli" he immediately began to put the healthcare system (over 20% of the economy) under government control and force-feed his bigger-government agenda to the American people.
    ==========

--"Some have suggested that Obama is a Muslim (he is a Christian), "

Well let's look at that. He was brought up as a child as a Muslim, even attending Muslim school. His admission documents showing his religion to be Muslim. Of course that doesn't necessarily make him one as an adult (even though he did write "I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction." on page 261 in his book "The Audacity of Hope.")

. But let's look at the "he is a Christian" part. He attended Jeremiah Wright's church, basically what's often called a liberation-theology church with strong black-nationalist tendencies. Much more political than religious and often tending to reinterpret parts of the Bible into political dialog. But, according to the president's own words, he didn't pay a lot of attention to much of what Wright "preached" (although he had also previously called Wright his "spiritual guidepost" and (in March, 2005) "not only my pastor, but he also is my friend and mentor." However, not too long afterwards (April, 2008) he reversed course after the Wright's "God Damn America" story broke, saying "He was never my, quote-unquote, "spiritual adviser." He was never my "spiritual mentor." He was just my pastor." So just what is Obama, Muslim or Christian? He quit attending any church after becoming president and instead, according to his aids, spends Sunday mornings alone in the White House chapel for "personal contemplation." So what is he? Hard to say. Only he knows for sure. Or maybe even he doesn't know, or care. But the one thing that is sure is that Dean Obeidallah doesn't know.
    ===========================

--"President Obama's college grades, implying he doesn't think Obama is intellectually qualified to be president."

Who can say? For some reason he has had everything concerning his education and his grades sealed. He might've been an excellent student, or he might have been a poor one given a "pass" based on his "ethnic criteria."
    ==========================

--"We have seen Republican Rep. Joe Wilson yell out at
    Congress in 2009."

What can I say? It's true. He does, and has many times. Too many to even begin to list here.
    =============================

"--as someone whose
    who came before him."

Sorry, president, shoe-salesman, burger-flipper or car-washer, respect is something one must earn.
  • Marek John 2012/06/22 15:37:05
    Marek
    +1
    Great response to this muslim propagandist Dean Obeidallah. Both obama and his champion dean are muslims.
  • John Marek 2012/06/22 19:04:00
    John
    +1
    Thanks, Marek. Yeah, Obeidallah will be performing at a fundraiser/celebration for CAIR in Los Angeles this weekend. And the O-man... Well, he's either a Muslim or, being born of a Muslim father, if he has renounced his Muslim faith he has committed the "sin of apostasy" and therefore is subject to the penalty of death or (according to some more "liberal" Islamic scholars) in the very least to be shunned and imprisoned until he repents his apostasy. And since he has willingly chose kufr (rejection) over iman (acceptance) no other Muslim can befriend him or enter into any kind of treaty, contract or other relationship with him or they themselves have rejected the "word of the messenger."

And I guess that would include Obeidallah!

Anyway, there's a pretty thick coating of b.s. around him, whatever the heck he is or is not. Or says he is, or is not!

In any case, he's got to go this November.
  • Marek John 2012/06/22 22:40:17
    Marek
    +1
    You are right, he needs to go. There is only one situation when a muslim may live and act as kafir and that is when he is pretending not be be muslim for the cause of advancing islam.
  • John Marek 2012/06/23 12:29:45
    John
    +1
    Very true. And he has appointed quite a few Muslims (including Muslims who have publicly expressed their desire to overturn our Constitution and replace it with Sharia) to positions of authority and as liaisons to Islamist organizations.

In the past I'd thought of Obama as being not so much a Muslim as simply a Marxist trying to advance his agenda, often using religion (whether Muslim or Christian) as little more than a tool to do so. But after finding his appointments of radical Islamists to so many positions, I find a great deal of credibility to the idea that he is indeed an Islamist himself combining Sharia code with leftist politics. The two are not incompatible. The Statist elite leftist oligarchy of Marxism can simply be switched with a theocratic oligarchy instead which would effectively result in the same control of the citizenry by the State.

A website I've found that offers good information about Obama and his Islamic appointments, etc is

http://theobamafile.com/_Isla...
  • Keeping... Marek 2012/06/23 19:40:13
    Keeping It Real
    +1
    Thanks for making it known that you're a group of racist, heck you might as well said champion dean are blacks, hispanics, asians any race other then the white one in your warped mind.
  • Marek Keeping... 2012/06/23 20:04:30
    Marek
    Yeah, I might have said anything but I did not say it. Muslim is not a race, get it through your head.
  • ACE 2012/06/22 01:50:35
    ACE
    +1
    O'Bummer is a commie America destroying piece of crap! that is why he needs to go. PERIOD
  • LindaM 2012/06/21 17:27:29
    LindaM
    +2
    I believe it. Nothing lower and it will get worse. They're up to their usual tricks. Sly.......
    +1
    Obama is a liar. Obama is not a Natrual Born Citizen. Obama is not a Christian, who knows what his religious beliefs are? Limbaugh was correct from the beginning, Obama's agenda from the beginning has been to destroy our current Constitution. The writer's opinion is pro-Obama regardless of the facts.
  • Che Gue... Ken 2012/06/20 20:25:44 (edited)
    Che Guevara - Hero
    +5
    Another Birther saying the President Obama isn't a Christian quoting Three Times Divorced, Draft Dodger, Drug Addict and Child Molester Rush Limbaugh. How Original.
    birther
  • Ken Che Gue... 2012/06/21 03:49:31
    +1
    He didn't know about Fast and Furious either? Comedy of liberal liars.
  • Ed 2012/06/19 18:26:27
    Ed
    +2
    Like it has never happened before to any real President in history. What do you expect from a White House occupier that has not earned the respect of most Americans.

Was the reporter right to do what he did? Maybe not, but he explained it and I am fine with what I heard, he said he timed it wrong. So be it.

So there is one reporter that is not in bed with Barack BFD
  • Michaelene Ed 2012/06/20 11:35:22
    Michaelene
    +2
    I like the way you pu it, one reporter not in bed with Obama. What is the big f'in deal?
  • Ed Michaelene 2012/06/20 14:20:02
    Ed
    +2
    Exactly
  • BurntOffering 2012/06/19 14:10:34
    BurntOffering
    +3
    Our history shows; a Black Man will never get the full credit he deserves because it makes white men feel inferior.
  • Reggie☮ BurntOf... 2012/06/21 02:43:29
    Reggie☮
    +1
    Please stop making this a racial thing. IMO this man has failed at doing his job and it is not because of the color of his skin.
  • BurntOf... Reggie☮ 2012/06/21 03:37:24
    BurntOffering
    +2
    of course its not because of the color of his skin; its because the color of his skin is not the same as all the other presidents.
  • Reggie☮ BurntOf... 2012/06/23 18:39:45
    Reggie☮
    Stop with the race bullsh*t. This President is an idiot period, he's done nothing but lie to the American people since 2008. If the color of his skin is all you've got that's pathetic.
  • Keeping... Reggie☮ 2012/06/23 18:46:53
    Keeping It Real
    +1
    So you admit you're an idiot, it's probably the first time you spoke the truth RWNJ!
  • Reggie☮ Keeping... 2012/06/23 18:53:17
    Reggie☮
    YOU'RE also pathetic.
  • BurntOf... Reggie☮ 2012/06/24 00:19:52
    BurntOffering
    +1
    Lie to US about what? Why do you say he's an idiot, but not GW Bush or Mitt Romeny for that matter? The color of his skin is the Major factor why those in the GOP Dont believe the Truth, that he's American, Christian, and probably the best President we will see in our Lifetime....LOL
  • Reggie☮ BurntOf... 2012/06/26 01:10:37
    Reggie☮
    Are you on crack
  • BurntOf... Reggie☮ 2012/06/26 13:07:23
    BurntOffering
    +2
    See what I mean? Are you on crack answers what I asked you in what way?
    Lies, false accusations, calling him a socialist, muslim, etc. WONT Work. The days of People believing the Hype are Gone!
  • Reggie☮ BurntOf... 2012/06/27 04:58:41
    Reggie☮
    There is no hype about how bad he is, it's a fact. Many of those supporters he HAD in "08" are gone. So you keep right on thinking he's a good HONEST guy. LOL
  • BurntOf... Reggie☮ 2012/06/27 14:52:14
    BurntOffering
    +2
    So I guess you are on crack since you still havent answered the question I asked. So far all's Ive gotte3n from you is; the president is pathetic, he is an idiot, he has lied to us since 2008. NOT One of your statements were backed up by Facts, So WHY should I or anybody else Believe what You, Mitt, Dick, Rick or any other Ic say or think when it comes to being president of this USA? So in case you didnt get it before; Your Lies wont work, only voter fraud, and Trumped up charges against Black People are being shown as to what they are.
  • Reggie☮ BurntOf... 2012/06/27 16:58:09
    Reggie☮
    Lets start with the BIGGEST one of all, and then you can blame it on someone else but this is one PROMISE your guy made. THE NATIONAL DEBT WILL BE CUT BY ONE HALF BY THE END OF MY FIRST TERM IN OFFICE. THE NATIONAL DEBT HAS INCREASED BY 15.7 TRILLION. His stimlus was suppose to get the economy moving again. Unemployment is STILL at 8%. The U.S. has lost it's triple "A" rating, Holder is gun running and Obie is covering it and the most distasteful HE TOOK AN OATH TO PRESERVE, PROTECR AND DEFEND THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES and he has not done that. The list goes on and on and on and on and guess what it's all on YOUR BOYS WATCH, LOL, LOL LOL. Democrats, HIS own party, is turning against him sooooo I guess he's doing a really great job. Keep drinking the Kool-Aid. So maybe you should "
  • Reggie☮ Reggie☮ 2012/06/27 17:00:07
    Reggie☮
    "KEEP IT REAL" and stop using the ridiculous race card.
  • BurntOf... Reggie☮ 2012/06/27 18:47:13
    BurntOffering
    +2
    I'm sure the debt was cut in half since we are no long in Iraq, which was not paid for nor afghanastan, Bin Laden is Dead so no more funds being spent on him; and GW never put the cost of the wars inside of the budget in the 1st place. Therefore the reamining balance is due to th unpaid Tax breaks and Medicare. His stimulus did Work and had the ones who said they wouldnt take it taken it and asked for more; we wouldnt be in the state we are now. Holder is Not gun running and Stopped the Gun Running tthat Was started by GW Bush...So Get your fact straight and if you want to protect the constitution or this UNited States; I suggest You Get Mitt; and His Cronies to Stop trying to Sell America to the Highest Bidder
  • Reggie☮ BurntOf... 2012/06/27 22:52:33
    Reggie☮
    How come YOU were the only one who got the imformation that the debt was cut in half, oh that's right you didn't get any information you're just SURE!! LOL LOL LOL. You are delusional. liberal with head up ass
  • Michaelene 2012/06/19 12:37:39
    Michaelene
    +1
    Sad to point this out but the opposition to Obama first came from the democrats who are not progressives. Millions of democrats left the party because of Obama's campaign tactics, he was a divider before he became POTUS.
    Now that he's proven his lack of leadership skills and shown his true colors, it's becomming a field day on Obama, even to the point where dems don't want him anymore.
    obama leadership vote rpesent
  • mike 2012/06/19 08:03:48
    mike
    +3
    Sounds like a lot of cry baby bullshit to me!
  • mk, Smartass Oracle 2012/06/19 06:50:35
  • The Birdman ~ PWCM~JLA 2012/06/19 06:07:15
    The Birdman ~ PWCM~JLA
    +4
    So this CNN writer would quote "If I had been president, I would have
    deported Munro back to his country of origin." who is in this country legally, would have deported him?? Bunch of Liberal hypocrisy!! Countless times during Bush and Reagan announcements the Libturd media interrupted them but no media outcry was heard!! Shall we only silence the opinions or questions that differ from the leftist agenda? The guy was right to question O-stupid for putting the immigration issue out in such a "POLITICALLY" critical time to pander to the Latino vote, when he had a Super majority a few years back and could have done it then!! Mr Munro picked a bad time to shout out his question as courtesy goes, but would O-Liar have even fielded questions afterwards?? He wanted to dodge any questions anyway, the big puss!
  • Rodney 2012/06/19 01:29:18
    Rodney
    +8
    Gee, don't like it when the shoe is on the other foot do ya? I think the reporters question was legitimate. More so then Barry circumventing Congress and violating our Constitutional Republics intended form. As usual, Dictator Obammy hands down an edict and all are expect to bow and say, Yes Messiah.

2014/08/21 10:20:52