Whatever happened to the good people who turned to hatred because of politics?

gil vazquez 2012/07/01 03:11:10
I think that politics has turned people on both sides, and those opinions on both sides are valid. But at some point the rhetoric gets ugly. I have a hard time believing that good Chrisitian people would resort to such graphic nastiness. and still believe they are righteous.

• BlytheSpirit~bn0 2012/07/01 04:45:25
    Republicans use hatred as a political tool.
    BlytheSpirit~bn0
    What happened to them? Well, they started asking questions like this one with answers that can lead only to more hate.
  • gil vaz... BlytheS... 2012/07/01 04:56:34
    gil vazquez
    so what are you saying? That asking questions creates hatred? Or is the hatred because the answers they seek aren't the ones they want to hear? So is it justified?
  • BlytheS... gil vaz... 2012/07/01 05:03:09
    BlytheSpirit~bn0
    You stated this, "I think that politics has turned people on both sides, and those opinions on both sides are valid. But at some point the rhetoric gets ugly. I have a hard time believing that good Chrisitian people would resort to such graphic nastiness. and still believe they are righteous." But then you force people to say that either Republicans are evil or Democrats are evil. That simply perpetuates the divide. However, perhaps I misunderstood this question from the get go and it's satirical?
  • gil vaz... BlytheS... 2012/07/01 05:35:34 (edited)
    gil vazquez
    I never said they were both evil but you have to admit that if the politics were out of the equation that people wouldn't react so radically. Point in case Hitler images of Obama, and Hitler images of George W Bush. Are people driven to hate by their parties and then used for political purposes? I think right now it is a republican issue but when a republican is in power it becomes a democratic issue. Just saying.I for one refuse to let my party tell me how to feel.
  • BlytheS... gil vaz... 2012/07/01 05:49:29
    BlytheSpirit~bn0
    I can agree with that. For me, I'll keep with Groucho Marks and not belong to any party that will have me. I always vote for the person, not the party.
  • gil vaz... BlytheS... 2012/07/01 06:08:06
    gil vazquez
    +1
    Well said.
  • Razoreye001 2012/07/01 04:10:39
    Razoreye001
    I am afraid were really in a metiphorical cold war between the dems and the reps over what it means to be american.
  • gil vaz... Razorey... 2012/07/01 04:15:02
    gil vazquez
    +1
    nicely put.
  • Razorey... gil vaz... 2012/07/01 04:16:29
    Razoreye001
    I will admit I am well spoken but, thank you.
  • gil vaz... Razorey... 2012/07/01 04:17:55
    gil vazquez
    +1
    hahahahah well done

2014/07/23 12:27:09