What will you do if Obama calls martial law and calls off the elections

Kim 2010/09/14 01:44:34
THIS IS A HYPOTHETICAL QUESTION, MEANT TO MAKE A PERSON THINK....I HAD TO ADD THAT BECAUSE THERE ARE SOME IDIOTS OUT THERE THAT THINK THAT BECAUSE SOMETHING IS POSED IT MUST BE SO AND EVERYONE MUST BE THINKING IT......SO GET REAL PEOPLE AND IF YOU HAVE NOTHING BUT NASTINESS TO ADD, MOVE ALONG OR YOU WILL BE BLOCKED......ON THE OTHER HAND IF YOU CAN DEBATE THE ISSUE WITHOUT CALLING PEOPLE LUNATICS OR MENTALLY CHALLENGED, PLEASE POST YOUR REPLY....AGAIN...THIS IS A HYPOTHETICAL QUESTION MEANT TO MAKE YOU THINK ABOUT WHAT COULD HAPPEN...IN A PERFECT WORLD, SURE THIS WOULD NEVER TAKE PLACE, BUT WE ARE NOT DEALING WITH A SANE ADMINSTRATION. THIS QUESTION WAS POSED BECAUSE I HAVE PERSONALLY HEARD AT LEAST A DOZEN PEOPLE SAY THIS IS WHAT THEY FEAR RIGHT NOW...SO AGAIN, NASTINESS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED

You know with the downward spiral in the polls for the Democrats and Obama failing so miserable at everything he does...and with Nappy Janet saying she can't guarantee that another successful attack won't happen....and with the obvious hate building by Muslims....what do you think that the chances are that a BIG hit will take place before these November 2nd elections...
If that takes place, I have no doubt Obama will call Martial Law..He can set himself up as Dictator indefinately. He already has the power with the so called "kill switch" granted him earlier this year by Congress to immediately shut down the internet for up to 4 months without ANYONE's approval needed..not even Congress, just the push of a button. That will essentially shut down every business in this country overnight.....no elections, no internet, no media, nothing.....
What will you do if he does this...How angry will this make you?

This is a real possibility, but I also think if he does it..he is toast....Americans will not sit back and take this.....

• gigheinz 2012/01/20 18:34:36
  • gigheinz 2012/01/20 18:02:40 (edited)
  • gigheinz 2012/01/20 17:43:35
  • gigheinz 2012/01/20 17:07:14
  • gigheinz 2012/01/20 16:06:50 (edited)
  • TTB 2011/04/13 04:56:02
    TTB
    +2
    I wonder how big of a disaster it would take to see this to light? We might see.
  • gigheinz TTB 2012/01/20 16:21:44
  • Another Benjamite :)~ 2010/09/22 04:05:32
    Another Benjamite :)~
    It will never happen. That's why the founding fathers gave us the right to bear arms.
  • gigheinz Another... 2012/01/20 16:28:06
  • Mark 2010/09/21 20:53:08
    Mark
    +1
    He won't ,... you been fed false propaganda .
  • Earthly Resident 2010/09/17 00:58:37
    Earthly Resident
    +2
    we've been preparing for such an eventuality should it come to pass, let the ass-kicking begin
  • 477777 2010/09/16 15:41:17
    477777
    You are about 6 years too late for this game of 'thought'!
  • BlunderWoman ~ FTGOP~ BN 0 2010/09/16 06:03:11
    BlunderWoman ~ FTGOP~ BN 0
    +1
    Wait...I thought Alex Jones said Bush was going to initiate Martial Law? Remember? No? Well, I guess that never happened, but by all means keep listening to him spout the same paranoid rant he has been screaming into his microphone for almost the last ten years.

I suppose Jones makes enough money hawking those Berkey waters filters, silver, gold and MRE's to the willingly paranoid, so why should he bother to change the topics of his show now?
  • ana 2010/09/16 05:20:31 (edited)
    ana
    +1
    I would caution those who would try to incite and push for violence against the govt.that I doubt the outcome would be in theirs or anyone's BEST INTEREST.

It is fine to have forums and show opposition to Obama or ones govt,but I think it is going too far to suggest and o post incendiary provocations intended to stir up

conflict ,with all the haters and intolerant, loony right wing Godz an Gunz nutcases that we have seen, come out of the woodwork since the OBama election
  • crimson dragon 2010/09/16 03:42:59
    crimson dragon
    +2
    Not so very long ago it was suggested, and quite seriously, that President Bush would declare martial law. It never happened and I don't think there was ever any likelihood of it happening. I think there is even less likelihood for the Obama administration to declare martial law AT THE PRESENT TIME AND UNDER THE PRESENT CIRCUMSTANCES. There is simply no reason for it and, despite what you may think, the Obama administration has not acted in any irrational manner.

Now to answer your question, supposing that, in the last few months before the start of Obama's term, there had been a far worse economic crisis with the collapse of several major financial institutions, a free fall in the stock market, and the bankruptcy of several major corporations culminating in unemployment levels unheard of in American history. Perhaps such a crisis could have precipitated a great deal of civil unrest and, hence, a call for martial law either by the outgoing President Bush or the incoming President Obama. I think most reasonable people would agree that the best action to take would be to work with the system and try to avoid any action which would worsen the situation.
  • Heptarch 2010/09/16 03:32:39
    Heptarch
    +1
    " NASTINESS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED"

Then I suppose you'd better delete your own post.
  • grok70 2010/09/16 03:30:45
    grok70
    I will vote him out of office..... oh wait a minute.
  • Grandbrother 2010/09/15 23:25:27
    Grandbrother
    +2
    "Nastiness will not be tolerated". And yet your entire question is riddled with unfounded, ignorant nastiness....
  • Arabian.Queen. 2010/09/15 23:24:32
    Arabian.Queen.
    idk
  • 2133553 2010/09/15 17:11:52
  • Deb 2010/09/15 13:14:59
    Deb
    Will probably be the bloodiest war IN American History between Americans...I know what side I will stand with.
  • NidStyles 2010/09/15 09:13:07
    NidStyles
    +2
    If that were to happen most of modern world would be shut down.
  • The Albertan 2010/09/15 05:44:32
    The Albertan
    +2
    i would just say MEH and get on with my life in canada teehee. i might be a little pissed that americans are being stupid......but weren't people also saying bush was gonna do that?
  • gigheinz The Alb... 2012/01/20 16:35:39
  • The Alb... gigheinz 2012/01/24 05:41:33
    The Albertan
    +1
    I know for a fact that nationalism in Canada is far too strong for that to happen. The government that brought Canada into the free trade agreement lost all but two of its seats in the 93 election, and the new government swiftly called for a re-negociation of the agreement. Anyways Obama probably wouldn't declare martial law as that would probably mean a full blown revolution and several UN sanctions as well as losing all business from Canada.
  • gigheinz The Alb... 2012/01/30 18:04:34
  • lurx: the soda jerk 2010/09/15 04:10:41 (edited)
    lurx: the soda jerk
    +6
    Considering that this is a thought exercise based on a hypothetical situation...

exercise based hypothetical situation

...I would probably react the same way I usually do when monkeys fly out of my butt.
  • Bronti 2010/09/15 03:42:49 (edited)
    Bronti
    +8
    I don't know whether to laugh or cry!

Well he won't be coming after me, or for that matter, the majority of the country since we voted for him so, I'll be at the beach working on my tan.

There is a bright side to this you know, look how many new jobs will be created with all the internment camps and staff we'll need. Smartass comment aside.

This is what the rest of the country is focusing on...while right winged extremists are provoking an irrational fight with fellow citizens. rest country focusing winged extremists provoking irrational fight fellow citizens
  • apachehellfire65 2010/09/15 03:25:35
    apachehellfire65
    +2
    i think if he ever did that it would get really bloody. really fast in this country.
  • Wayne 2010/09/15 02:30:47
    Wayne
    That is a bit over the top even for Obama and the democrats, They know what would happen and it would be total melt down of the US and the rest of the world, that is not going to happen.
  • JackoClubs 2010/09/15 02:25:59 (edited)
    JackoClubs
    +1
    When you've got a man who's a dyed-in-the-wool statist, essentially setting up a separate government of his own, to literally circumvent the real government, anything is within the realm of possibility.
    Of course, if it came down to that, something so obvious and blatant, I'd think that would be the last straw. The pitchforks and torches would come out, and the peasants would be storming the castle, joined by most of the military and, I'd hope, at least a few suddenly-reformed liberal Democrats.....
    But he's waaaay too subtle for such things; misdirection, divisiveness and subterfuge are his game.
  • babibumer 2010/09/15 02:21:00
    babibumer
    +4
    I think that it is a sad day in America when you have "personally heard at least a dozen people say this is what they fear right now". I truly feel sorry for these people that somewhere, someone or someones have been so successful at fear-mongering that they actually believe that.

Did you/they also hear the Tea Party candidate Sharron Angle state that if the elections don't go their way (Tea Party candidates elected) that people might have to resort to their "Second Amendment" rights? Did you/they also hear the Republican party state that if they gain control of the House/Senate they plan to shut the government down? Did you hear the Republicans/Tea Party candidates stating that they want to do away with or at the least privatize Social Security? Does THAT scare you? It should.

Those are definitely more likely scenarios than Obama declaring martial law. Glenn Beck is now trying to scare people that Obama is going to incite "violence from the left". How in the world does this man stay on the air?

Does the fact that a man attacked and killed 3 policemen because he thought Obama was "coming for his guns" after Glenn Beck kept proclaiming that Obama is "coming for our guns" Does THAT scare you? It should

Does the fact that a man shot and killed an abortion doctor in ...

Does the fact that a man shot and killed an abortion doctor in church after Fox's Beck and Hannity had relentlessly called this man "Tiller the Baby Killer" scare you? It should.

Does the fact that a man was arrested before he could execute his plan go kill members of the Tide Foundation that Beck has relentlessly demonized scare you? It should.

Does the fact that the Republican chairman in Delaware had to take his family and leave his house because of a death threat to be shot in the head because he didn't support the Tea Party candidate scare you? It should.

Does the fact that just one week after Beck's "revival" at the Lincoln monument he is back on the air and at a PAID appearance in Alaska with Sarah Palin is encouraging people to "take up their guns"? Does THAT scare you? It should.

Does the fact that an unknown Tea Party candidate in Delaware with no credentials and no experience whatsoever whose only platform was "Masturbation is wrong" just won the Republican nomination for Senate scare you? It should.

There are lots of things that should scare you - but Obama declaring Martial Law and taking over the internet before elections definitely is NOT one of them!
  • Sutekh babibumer 2010/09/15 03:09:59 (edited)
    Sutekh
    People are concerned about this because Obama is so secretive about his past. Yes, he has shown a birth certificate, but anything that could be used to corroborate it (Trust but verify, anyone?) has been sealed. So there is no corroborative evidence. Obama could have easily provided some other records in addition to his BC to let us know he was on the up and up, but he won't. Add to that his membership in Wright's church, which cozies up to the Nation of Islam hate factory, and his continual show of bias in favor of Islam, and no one has any reason to trust him.

If Obama's administration proves to be a failure, it will be because no one would give him the benefit of the doubt because doubt is all he has to offer about who he is. Newsweek reported last week (Sept 6 issue) that now 24% of Americans believe that he is a closet Muslim. No one, not even the tin foil hat people, thinks that Bill Clinton is a closet Muslim. Why do you think that is? Hint: it isn't because of his birth certificate.

The media reports falsehoods all the time. It tries to tell us that smoking is the number one cause of preventable deaths in the U.S. at 350,000 per year. The truth is that the biggest cause of preventable death is abortion, at 900,000 per year. I don't recommend shooting abortion doctors any more than I recommend shooting the CEO of Reynolds tobacco, but let's get real here about what's going on.
  • Grandbr... Sutekh 2010/09/15 23:21:30
    Grandbrother
    +1
    "Yes, he has shown a birth certificate, but anything that could be used to corroborate it (Trust but verify, anyone?) has been sealed"

You mean like the easily accessible newspaper birth announcements? And the confirmation of authenticity from the Hawaiian state health director AND the registrar of vital statistics? And the doctor from Hawaii who remembered the birth because of Obama's unusual name?

And why do people think Obama is a Muslim? Hmm - could it possibly be because his opponents have spent the past 18+ months relentlessly fomenting as much distrust of the man as they possibly can by floating such ignorant accusations as this? Because a huge number of people are wrong about Obama's religious affiliation and place of birth doesn't change the fact that they're still wrong. Did you know that about 16 million American adults believe that Elvis is still alive? I guess that must be true too, huh?
  • Sutekh Grandbr... 2010/09/16 00:27:46
    Sutekh
    +1
    Did it occur to you that Obama is the cause of his own problem? He sealed all of his records. Without using a profane amplifier for the noun "records," it is impossible to communicate the provocativeness of the entire situation.

If Americans don't trust Obama, he could be King Arthur, and he could accomplish nothing. A man who hides his past life as thoroughly as Obama has done is not to be trusted. Period. I think what you are doing is wishing that the media had completely covered up the fact that he has sealed all his records, except the birth certificate. If the certificate was fraudulently obtained by his mother, sealing all other records to prevent verification through independent information would be exactly the thing to do.

If you want to accomplish something in office, get people to trust you. If you want people to trust you, don't wear a bag over your head. What Obama has done is the equivalent of putting a bag over his head to keep us from knowing who he really is. Perhaps he is a very nice fellow. But if he is a nice,honest fellow, he has sure made an irrepairable mistake by behaving as if he has plenty to hide.

The polls show that people don't trust Obama enough for him to accomplish anything as president. You can dance around all day and say that the suspici...

The polls show that people don't trust Obama enough for him to accomplish anything as president. You can dance around all day and say that the suspicions are unfounded. But Obama is the one who did the one thing that is guaranteed to create these suspicions. And it is an undeniable fact that people don't trust him. If, as Newsweek reports, 24% of Americans believe he's a Muslim, then 24% of the American people believe that he is a liar -- because he says emphatically that he is not one.

Obama is probably not a registered sex offender. But no one can ever prove that is not so, with all his records sealed. Tell me exactly what it is that he is hiding, and show that it isn't that he is a Muslim, and then maybe he'll have a snowball's chance in Hades. If you don't do that, he has no chance.

If you want the Obama presidency to succeed, make him unseal his records. Nothing else is going to stop this avalanche.
  • Grandbr... Sutekh 2010/09/16 18:39:21
    Grandbrother
    If the efforts to smear Obama by continually challenging his citizenship, fomenting the falsehood that he's secretly a Muslim, relentlessly attempting to paint him as a "socialist", "fascist", "communist", etc. weren't so blatant, then I'd say you might have a point. But seriously - I was offended by the unfounded and derogatory smears constantly leveled at Bush back in the day, and have found myself stunned at how much worse the smears leveled at Obama have been. You may not agree, but as a political moderate and a registered independent, I've watched it all unfold from a relatively objective vantage point. And now there are even people like you attempting to float unfounded, ridiculous rumors that Obama could be a "registered sex offender"? It's been a pitiful display of ignorance and hatred on the part of many of his opponents.
  • Sutekh Grandbr... 2010/09/17 01:52:26 (edited)
    Sutekh
    Well, I couldn't say that John McCain might be a registered sex offender, or Hilary, either.because those two haven't sealed all their records. There is almost no limit to what Obama might be, because anything that might verify his story about his past has been sealed up and put away in the dark.

This is not like trying to say that there are UFO's hidden at Area 51, under cover of using the USAF's need for secrecy at that particular air base. There is no convincing evidence that UFO's exist. However, we do know that Muslims exist, that sex offenders exist, that communists exist, that traitors exist, that nationalities other than "American" exist, and that terrorists exist, so it is quite possible that Obama is any or all of those. And John Kerry even said during his campaign "The real terrorists are in the White House,".so it is imminently possible that Obama could be one of the terrorists in the White House.

There is no convincing reason why Obama needed to seal all his personal records, when no other presidential candidate (not even LaRouche) has ever done that. You may want to be reasonable, but let's face it. It is NOT reasonable for Obama to metaphorically pull a bag over his head as impenetrable as a burkha. And that unreasonableness is exactly and uniquely what has ...

There is no convincing reason why Obama needed to seal all his personal records, when no other presidential candidate (not even LaRouche) has ever done that. You may want to be reasonable, but let's face it. It is NOT reasonable for Obama to metaphorically pull a bag over his head as impenetrable as a burkha. And that unreasonableness is exactly and uniquely what has set off the furor that you perceive as unreasonable.

When one buys a pig in a poke, one can go home and take the pig out of the poke to have a look at it. The electorate has bought Obama, hook line and sinker, but he won't get out of the bag for us to have a look at him. Why?
  • gigheinz Sutekh 2012/01/20 16:50:11
  • mavrick_03 babibumer 2010/09/15 03:54:08
    mavrick_03
    +2
    You can rant as much as you want, but there are a lot of people who are immune to what you've said. They will defend the idiots. So people like you and I, who use logic to speak our mind will end up disappointed when we realize, right-wingers are just plain crazy.
  • JackoClubs mavrick_03 2010/09/15 08:43:00
    JackoClubs
    Hahahahahahahaha....okay.

2014/11/25 00:42:05