What will it be like if Romney becomes the 45th President?

Jarod Kochman 2012/09/16 07:32:24
Related Topics: Romney, President

• MichaelJ 2012/09/16 09:15:41
    MichaelJ
    +4
    If he is elected, I will feel relief that we have an experienced adult in the White House again. After 3+ years of an inexperienced, corrupt child it would be GREAT!

• Mel the... Roger 2012/09/16 15:14:33
    Mel the Witch POTL PWCM~JLA
    +1
    I want to see Holder in an Orange Jump suit....in chains going to Club Fed..
  • ppk007@... Roger 2012/09/16 11:06:09
    ppk007@cfl.rr.com
    The liberal mindset is perplexing and lack of logic and sensibility??

LOL - one of the biggest mind sets of the GOP party is that the government can NOT create private sector jobs - that is, until they wish to get elected, then they (per Ryan) can create millions of private sector jobs.

De-regulation - one of the biggest reasons for the 2008 collapse. BTW - Obama did not take over until January 2009.

ROTFLOL - Multi-national war ? Who invaded Iraq and Afghanistan - was it 44th or 43th?

The TRUTH? - I suspect that YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH.
  • Roger ppk007@... 2012/09/16 11:51:58
    Roger
    1st - Ryan and Romney have said that they will "get Government" out of the way so the private sector can create jobs. Pay close attention here; read slowly if you need to. There is a difference in the government trying to create jobs and getting the government out of the way and letting the private sector create jobs.

2nd - I was referring to EPA and other government regulations for the most part, but let’s go with your point. It was the government once again that was responsible for the economic collapse.

It was due to Barney Frank’s affordable housing requirements on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac in 1992 to require them to purchase sub-prime loans. Between 1992 and 2007, the quotas were raised from 30% to 50% under Clinton in 2000 and to 55% under Bush in 2007. As a result, in 2008, before the mortgage meltdown that triggered the crisis, there were 27 million subprime and other low quality mortgages in the US financial system. It wasn’t deregulation; it was government interference in a private sector industry and dictating a destructive policy.

3) – Did I make any reference to what Bush did? I wasn’t talking about what Bush did; it is irrelevant to my point. I was talking about what is going on there right now, not 11 years ago. Watched the news lately? Obama’s ineptness in ha...

3) – Did I make any reference to what Bush did? I wasn’t talking about what Bush did; it is irrelevant to my point. I was talking about what is going on there right now, not 11 years ago. Watched the news lately? Obama’s ineptness in handling “TODAY’S” problems in the middle east has us on the brink of a possible war that would make the Iraq and Afghanistan wars look like a couple of school yard fist fights. He has been a disaster of one bad international policy after another and it looks like it may be a bomb about ready to explode. If it does this will be his war, not Bush’s.
  • ppk007@... Roger 2012/09/16 12:14:15
    ppk007@cfl.rr.com
    LOL - The de-regulated market was more than happy to re-fiance sub-prime loans - they were making big money on fees - who do you think pushed for the de-regulation - the market itself.

The Middle East - like ALL of a Sudden it's gone to hell in a hand basket - the Middle East has been a problem for over 100 years....the Libyan Embassy is NOT the first US Embassy that has been bombed and unfortuately will not probably be the last.
  • Franklin ppk007@... 2012/09/16 12:25:07
    Franklin
    +2
    Bill Clinton signed the deregulation ...Obama has not changed that . You are an idiot!
  • ppk007@... Franklin 2012/09/16 12:29:16
    ppk007@cfl.rr.com
    Well thank you - that means allot coming from you. See you on November 6th.
  • Roger Franklin 2012/09/16 12:32:07
    Roger
    Yes he is...don't bang your head against the wall trying to talk to this one. It is pointless.
  • Mel the... Roger 2012/09/16 13:39:54
    Mel the Witch POTL PWCM~JLA
    +1
    He gargles with the Koolaid
  • Mel the... Franklin 2012/09/16 13:39:17
    Mel the Witch POTL PWCM~JLA
    +1
    You are correct kind sir, But lest we forget Bwany Fwanks Contribution...
  • Wally-M... Roger 2012/09/16 18:26:50
    Wally-Molon Labe!
    +1
    Sure he makes promises. They all do. There are only two kinds of people who would want to be president of a country that is going to collapse economically and financially. They would have to be crazy or and egomaniac. Which ever one he is doesn't matter. There is not a thing that anyone can do to satisfy the debt that is growing faster then we could pay even if the government took 100% of all income from all sources and cut spending by 100%. It is mathematically impossible.

Do some research and stop spreading false hope.
  • Roger Wally-M... 2012/09/16 18:43:26 (edited)
    Roger
    Is that what I was doing? Spreading false hope? Wow...sorry! Let me correct that now.

WE ARE DOOMED! TOTALLY SCREWED! OH THE HUMANITY! THOSE WITH GUNS PUT THEM TO YOUR HEADS NOW AND PULL THE TRIGGER! THOSE WHO DON’T FIND A SHARP KNIFE AND START SLICING!

Oh wait! Didn't I just say he would create some jobs and bring down some prices? When did I post anything about he would miraculously solve the debt crisis?
  • Wally-M... Roger 2012/09/16 19:03:57
    Wally-Molon Labe!
    +1
    That's just it. You didn't. You seem to be purposely over looking the biggest problem out there. Right now China, Russia, Brazil and other countries are working on dumping the dollar as reserve currency. Up to now that is the only thing that has kept us from a deep depression. It is also why helicopter Ben just announced unlimited easing. Another term for screw the dollar. We will shortly see more inflation as the few dollars we have become worth less. We are in for very rough times. We are totally screwed. I am sure that many people will go the suicide route. especially those who have ignored all the signs and listened to the talking heads in the government and on mainstream media. Those who have paid attention will be prepared to take care of themselves and their families. Life is going to suck for a few years.
  • Roger Wally-M... 2012/09/16 19:31:01
    Roger
    I know I didn't because that wasn't my point. I know what you’re saying is a very real possibility. I have said for the same things for years. I guess the difference between us is that I am not ready to give quite yet. I still see a glimmer of hope even though it is only a very small glimmer. You might find that to be a false hope and I respect your opinion on that. Myself? I am taking this one step at a time while planning ahead. That first step will be to get Obama out and Romney in. I will go from there. If Obama wins again I know it is over and I already have the Central American country of my choice all picked out. If Romney can do nothing to stop, or at least prolong this fall you talk about, I win exercise that option with him too. Let me at least fill a slight bit of optimism. One thing I would like you to think about is that if we go down the world goes down. That is a fact. The whole world economy will collapse so I don’t think any country especially China is ready to pull that rug out from under our feet.
  • Wally-M... Roger 2012/09/16 19:42:18
    Wally-Molon Labe!
    +1
    China's economy is already in the crapper. The demand for their cheap crap is way off. They will crap on their citizens just the way America is crapping on us. They don't need us any more. They have made deals with oil producing countries, they have most of the worlds rare earth elements that we need, so it won't be long before they tell uncle Sam to take a hike. I would say the only reason they are still hanging with us is that they hold 100s of billions of "getting more worthless every day" dollars.
  • Roger Wally-M... 2012/09/16 20:30:12 (edited)
    Roger
    +1
    I am not saying you are wrong. I just don't think things are so hopeless. It was a good conversation but I really hope you are wrong. I like to think that there is a way out. Take care
  • Roger Wally-M... 2012/09/16 20:56:28
    Roger
    +1
    This proves that two peole can have a difference in opinion and keep it respectful. Wished that happened more often. :)

2014/10/23 17:21:43