What we can do to prevent Teen Pregnancy? & Tips for Parents

☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾ 2011/03/17 02:27:44
Related Topics: HIV, Marijuana, God, Style
Teaching Abstinence   Doesnt Work!
We need to Talk to our Children to Educate them before they make bad Choices
stupid Reality TV shows make TEEN Pregnancy Fun thats terrible
Explain to our Teens the long term effects of Teen pregnancy  no more fun no more partying
Ignorance is not Bliss
I think
The United States has the highest teen pregnancy in the Western World. To make matters worse we have these teen celebrities that our kids look up to getting pregnant.
As we all know, celebrities are role models that influence our society, specially our vulnerable youth, whether they like or not, whether they intend to or not.

pregnant celebrities role models influence society specially vulnerable youth intend

Studies have found that teens that have a good relationship with their parents are less likely to experience a pregnancy. If you have not yet discussed the subjects of sexuality and pregnancy with your teen, now is the time to do so, especially if they are females

Make sure your teen understands that they can come to you and you will love and support them no matter what

subjects sexuality pregnancy teen femalesnbsp teen understands nbspthat love support
Let's be proactive. Let's take a stand and not cross our fingers and hope that something like this doesn't happen to our family. Let's do whatever it takes to prevent this from happening to one of our children. I know it is not easy, and it could feel very awkward to sit down and discuss sex and pregnancy with our children, but they need desperately that we do so.

Now-a-days it might take a lot more conversation than that, and there are more risks to discuss besides an unexpected pregnancy, such as, sexually transmitted diseases (STD's) and HIV, but once you've done, it will be all worth it. Don't hesitate to talk to your kids about sex, pregnancy, STD's, HIV, and other possible risks. They need you to do so today.

hiv worth hesitate talk kids sex pregnancy stds hiv risks

We parents can help prevent teenage pregnancy through open communication and by providing guidance to our children about sexuality, and the risks and responsibilities of intimate relationships and pregnancy.

The only possible way to avoid teenage pregnancy is by awareness and communication. Be approachable and build your relationships on trust. Enlighten your children about the use of birth control methods and provide adequate sex education. Ignorance is not always bliss.

Awareness

Having safe sex by taking precautions is the best way to prevent unwanted early pregnancies. Parents should educate teenagers about various contraceptionmethods. You are not encouraging your children to have sex by informing them about birth controls and sex. So be prompt and communicate.

Abstinence

Abstinence from sex before marriage can prevent the teenage pregnancy at large. Parents should not depend solely on schools to educate children about sex education. The forbidden fruit is often the sweetest but its consequences can be dangerous. Early sexual intercourse increases the risks of sexually transformed diseases including HIV- AIDS. Self-discipline is always better then regret.

intercourse increases risks sexually transformed diseases hiv- aids self-discipline regret

According to the American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, Babies born in the U.S. to teenage mothers are at risk for long-term problems in many major areas of life, including school failure, poverty, and physical or mental illness. Newborns of teen mothers tend to have a lower birth weight

• opie 2011/12/06 15:57:26
    I think
    opie
    give them comdoms ant tell them to have fun
  • Yoko 2011/12/04 07:47:46
    I think
    Yoko
    - There is no such thing as a bad student only a bad teacher,
    the same goes for: no such thing as a bad child only a bad parent. -
  • ☆Snapefangirl☆ 2011/12/03 07:45:52
    Ignorance is not Bliss
    ☆Snapefangirl☆
    +1
    Having my mom teach me to wait until marriage for sex worked for me, but it didn't work for many of my older cousins who went ahead and had babies out of wedlock when they around my age anyways. Then again, my mom also taught me about the dangers of sex such as STD's and pregnancy, different types of birth control and showed me what a condom was and how to use it. On the other hand, the mothers of my cousins that had kids out of wedlock only taught them abstinence.
  • XxAshleyxX 2011/12/03 06:21:00
    XxAshleyxX
    I can't believe Teenager's now a day's. It's like Judgmental Apocalypse. If you don't get drunk, do drug's, have underage sex, you're not cool. Being a wild WHORE DON'T MAKE YOU COOL. I think the world should really show these imbissle's that Pregnancy is not all fun and game's. It's a child. A person. A human of you're own that you're raising right now in you're Womb, and will continue doing for as long as possible.

3. Reason's why you shoulden't have underage sex and get pregnant. (I HOPE YOU TEEN'S READ THIS.)
    1.Like I said above, you're taking care of an ACTUAL person. You can't just leave it off to have fun. It take's work and progress to make a child grow healthy and happy.
    2. You won't be able to hang out with you're friend's. You can't go to movie's, partie's, dates, You can't do anything because you have to watch you're kid.
    3. You'll regret it big time. You'll have to wash it, feed it, cloth it, take it with you everywhere, no matter what. It's you're's. All you're responsiblity.

So I know what you're prob thinking. "How can a 15 year old know all this?!" Well I've been raised to the limit of being Wise and Supportive. <3 Most people my age would go out drinking and getting them self's impregnated. But once they do, there dead.

If you think anything in ...<

If you think anything in here is wrong, feel free to tell me. But as far as I know, almost everything is perfect in this sentence. <3

And for the love of God teen's...... USE A CONDOM
  • Someone Else 2011/12/03 05:56:28
    I think
    Someone Else
    I'm lucky in the aspect I got all boys it's much easier to talk to them about sex being the dad. I doubt I could handle trying to explain the birds and the bee's to a girl if I had to go that route. Besides that I just tell them if you get a girl pregnant your on your own. Just like I did when my oldest was 17 and got arrested a month before his 18th birthday I told him you do that when your 18 I hope you enjoy jail cause I aint' bailing you out. It worked he's never been in trouble since. And my youngest bless his heart wants to be a cop when he grows up. I'm all for that
  • JAKE~PWCM~JLA 2011/12/03 05:35:04
    I think
    JAKE~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    wear a damn condom, it's not that hard. (no pun intended)
  • gothbride666 2011/12/03 00:49:17
    Explain to our Teens the long term effects of Teen pregnancy no more fun no ...
    gothbride666
    i learned my lesson
  • purpleicecreamvan<3 2011/11/30 14:02:26
    Teaching Abstinence Doesnt Work!
    purpleicecreamvan<3
    teach about and provide contraception to young people! stop with the 'providing contraception will encourage sex' argument, it's not like buying a tennis racket and taking up tennis, it's about knowing you're prepared for when you're ready to take that step in your life. the only reason teens get pregnant is because they don't get educated enough about contraception and it's not made available to them easily. teaching abstinence will not work, if they're gonna do it they're gonna do it, hormones are a lot stronger to a teenager than someone else's morals.
  • Dawn 2011/11/29 23:51:00
    I think
    Dawn
    ALL OF THE ABOVE.
    Sex ed is a must! They need to learn about STDs and teen pregnancy and that it is NOT like it is portrayed in the movies and TV shows. Not all parents are supportive of their pregnant teen daughter and not all boyfriends are supportive of their pregnant girlfriends.

Teens need to learn that if they're going to have sex then to do it safe and responsibly! I'm not promoting teen sex, pregnancy or promiscuity but face it, they're gonna do it weither their parents know or are okay with it or not and I don't think a lot of women wait till their married anymore. There is all kinds of birth control so there is no reason for teen pregnancy!
  • disclaimer 2011/11/27 20:30:35
  • Wonder Woman 2011/11/26 23:40:35
  • misterz 2011/11/25 18:04:10
    misterz
    TALK!
  • Pamu 2011/11/25 18:01:21
    I think
    Pamu
    Never do sex only, if have to do because of strong desire then see that sex is not done during high risk period of the 7th day t0 15th day of the manses,remaining days will be the safest and enjoyable provided the cycle is regular.Sex can be done from the first day of the appearance of the period and must be done during first seven days and later on from 15th day till the onset of period. A woman will never get pregnant if this is followed.
  • ghostrider 2011/11/25 03:55:09
    I think
    ghostrider
    Educate them about sex and give them all condoms and instructions on how to use them.
  • leah 2011/11/25 02:40:13
    Ignorance is not Bliss
    leah
    as a teen, i think that seeing some of the effects of teen pregnancy first hand, for real, no glamour, is really effective. My mom was 17 when she had me, and we've sat down and talked about all the difficulties she went through. Parents: when it comes to such touchy subjects, don't ignore it. Talk to us about it, openly. Don't ENCOURAGE it, but don't just pretend the issue isn't there. And if we have questions about it, don't jump the gun and automatically assume that we could be active or pregnant. BE OPEN. We are generally a curious people. 8D Also, from my viewpoint, don't give them abortion as an option. They don't want the baby, give it up for adoption. But they need to know that there isn't an easy way out of it. they made a bad decision, and need to be grown up and accept the consequences of their actions.
  • Julia Anne 2011/11/24 23:55:13
    Teaching Abstinence Doesnt Work!
    Julia Anne
    +1
    It's good to wait, all the power to you when you're baby is driving you nuts and you can't sleep,can't get any school work done, your boy friend thinks it's all a big joke and he leaves. In what universe is this right. Bottom line is sex is for marriage!!!!
  • Jenna Julia Anne 2011/11/27 03:54:09
    Jenna
    Yea Julianna that's right.
  • Julia Anne Jenna 2011/11/27 20:52:32
    Julia Anne
    Your so cute jenna, I will talk to you later.
  • MRS_LAUTNER_18 2011/11/24 19:29:57
    I think
    MRS_LAUTNER_18
    all of them
  • Myst 2011/11/24 19:21:41
    I think
    Myst
    +1
    Everything we learn growing up comes from our parents and grandparents; the core family, something that no longer exists in this country. Parents and children seldom sit down to a meal together and talk around the table something that has been lost over the past 30 years. Instead children are left to learn from TV where their role models are the Kardashians, Jersey Shore, Paris Hilton and the like none of which have the morals I'd want instilled in my child.
  • Josef 2011/11/24 16:41:41
    I think
    Josef
    We have to eduate them sexualy and especially about contraception
  • Only wishin for the truth 2011/11/24 14:45:16
    I think
    Only wishin for the truth
    Well I'm a teen and know tons of parents n other people will disagree with this but we already hear about pregnancy all the time in school and we normally go and do what u tell us not to do so put positive things in our life n instead of forcing it down our throats that pregnancy is bad n to stay abstinent then just talk about without being mean and don't say its a horrible thing even if it is
  • Phil 2011/11/24 08:55:13
    I think
    Phil
    Have them fixed
  • leah Phil 2011/11/25 03:03:07
    leah
    +1
    lol... ouch :/
  • sally 2011/11/24 06:24:56
    I think
    sally
    All of the above.

At this point in this hell hole we are living in, parents should just give out birth control and condoms and say "Use it or don't bother asking us for diaper money".
  • ☠megan_massacre☠ 2011/11/24 02:46:26
    I think
    ☠megan_massacre☠
    +1
    No matter what parents tell their kids..I'm pretty sure they're gonna have sex anyway.
  • I NEED A HORSE 2011/11/24 02:24:20
  • Flea 2011/11/24 02:02:52
    I think
    Flea
    +1
    ... we need to sew their pee-pee holes together until age 21, because it's obvious that all the education on abstinence, condoms or other birth control is not working.
  • justnotsaying (: 2011/11/24 01:20:58
    I think
    justnotsaying (:
    +1
    Birth control, because many teens think they are grown, and know it all. Trying to talk to them doesn't really work.
  • Dagon 2011/11/24 01:15:05
  • D.C. Willis 2011/11/24 01:08:03
    D.C. Willis
    +1
    I have a very open dialect with my kids and we have discussed the dangers. I have to trust that this will get us through this point in our lives.
  • Redskin 2011/11/24 00:41:47
    I think
    Redskin
    +1
    Stop being so utterly controlling and restrictive. Ya have to tell your kids what they must know and puta little faith into them. Trust goes a long way
  • Mark In Irvine 2011/11/24 00:41:35
    Mark In Irvine
    more often than not i hear so-called religious people preaching abstinence but neglecting to keep forgiveness in mind and COMPLETELY ignoring the education ... the answer IMHO and guaging from my family's experience, is for if the parents talk with their kids honestly, and in an age-appropriate manner from early on and don't ever BS the kids (who can see through the BS as easily as you can see through an open window) ... if the parents are up front and honest with the kids, they'll learn they can trust the parents with questions and info they get from their peers at school ... and they'll come to the parents with problems, often before things become problems ...

again, IMHO, religion can certainly inform the parents' talks, but frankly it should not really play any part in the talks ... "don;t have sex because Jesus wouldn;t want yhou to" is horse-manure IMHO ... kids (like their parents) are biological creatures with physical needs and desires and urges, ALL OF WHICH WERE PUT IN PLACE BY G-D, and pretending that "religion" (b elief in something that cannot be seen and touched) can overpower human physical reality in young people who aren't yet able to think clearly is just ignorant wishful thinking doomed to failure ...
  • Curly 2011/11/24 00:23:43
    Teaching Abstinence Doesnt Work!
    Curly
    No glove no love!
  • Tim 2011/11/24 00:23:04
    I think
    Tim
    +1
    Castrate the boys and spay the girls. Any lesser action is doomed to fail! lol
  • Mark In... Tim 2011/11/24 00:34:57
    Mark In Irvine
    +1
    do you think any of the boys would sit still for this?
  • Tim Mark In... 2011/11/24 01:30:30
    Tim
    +1
    Not unanaesthetised. A quick dart in the bum from a blow gun would fix that problem. Tehee.
  • Mark In... Tim 2011/11/24 01:33:55
    Mark In Irvine
    alrighty then!!!

jim
  • Tim Mark In... 2011/11/24 01:42:59
    Tim
    +1
    A bullet between the eyes would do him!
  • Mark In... Tim 2011/11/24 01:48:43
    Mark In Irvine
    +1
    funny!!!

2014/07/23 20:03:57