What US President has taken the most vacation days?

jgh57 2013/05/23 01:27:23
So we keep hearing the far right make such a big deal about who has taken the most vacation time while in office. So which US President actually has taken the most vacation time? Surprise it is President Obama’s predecessor, George W. Bush, was on vacation more —
1,020 days — than any U.S. President since Herbert Hoover and possibly
more than any other President in history.

• littlebuffalo55TBA 2013/05/23 01:38:42
    It must be President Obama (That's what the far right nutjobs say)
    littlebuffalo55TBA
    +6
    Lol....ah ERRRR George Bush served TWO complete terms! Barack Obama is exactly where in the serving of his two terms?

So this simple observation missed you feel compelled to to divulge maybe not being very adept at simple math word problems?

Also hilarious is the assertion below that "All presidents" get email"? You think Lincoln was getting them? My best guess is he got NO phone calls and did get a few Telegrams.

• rightside 2014/09/19 16:18:34
    rightside
    funny the answer choices you give.
    You cannot make this assumption. Not without all the facts.
    When bama goes on vacation, he leaves work behind. That is evident with benghazi and the beheading and so on.
    Bush went to his ranch and held meetings and met with dignitaries and his office staff. How about you figure out how much they really just blew off the country and played while rome burned.
  • BigKwell 2013/05/23 19:13:58
    Could it actually be the Far Right Nut Job's hero George W Bush?
    BigKwell
    +1
    He seemed to have spent more time in Crawford, TX than at the White House.
  • Billyk75 BigKwell 2013/05/23 20:15:36
    Billyk75
    Yea and Obama spent more times overseas on these expensive vacations with his wife and daughters. Old wifey spends a lot of time on overseas vacations.
  • skowcog 2013/05/23 15:13:10
    skowcog
    It is not so much how many days off....All presidents deserve to take time away from their duties. What i do mind is the expensive lavish sometimes over the top ones the Obama's seem to take. At a time when many have not had a vacation since Obama started his reign.
  • John Smith skowcog 2014/09/19 02:55:15
    John Smith
    So one time when George Bush took a 20 something day vacation, then took a vacation from the vacation, that would be OK in your book ? Keep straining. Obama will never surpass the days on vacation that Bush ,ran up, followed by your other hero Ronald Ray-Gun.
    The time Bubba Bush did that is listed several places on the internet. It's not something I made up. Got so tuckered out on vacation, he had to take a vacation to Idaho, or Oregon. Your man wasn't much, and never will be.
  • skowcog John Smith 2014/09/19 15:59:35
    skowcog
    How do you know he was my man? I don't' think that I ever stated that. If what you state is correct then shame on him. But that doesn't make Obama's correct either. I say these men deserve time off. It is a difficult job and much weighs heavily on their shoulders. Mrs. Obama taking the china trip felt over the top to me. Especially taking the daughters and the mother. That is just my opinion. Like it or not. Furthermore you know what they say about assumptions. I am a libertarian with a conservative bent . I am not blind I see all of them as corrupt both sides. I don't think either side is working for us. So your snide remark of Bush is falling on deaf ears.
  • rbeas 2013/05/23 14:06:32
    rbeas
    bush took more vacation days than any president since Hoover
  • John Smith rbeas 2014/09/19 02:57:26
    John Smith
    +1
    Correct, and their other hero Ron Ray-gun is in second place. Republicans just aren't up to working hard on things that affect the country.
  • Kurt 2013/05/23 13:22:04
    Kurt
    But what should I expect with the name calling from a ultra liberal crybaby.
  • jgh57 Kurt 2013/05/23 18:42:11
    jgh57
    +1
    And you would be wrong. It was George.
  • John Smith Kurt 2014/09/19 02:58:36
    John Smith
    I'm not calling names , but I am providing facts. What are you doing to contribute ? Flapping your mouth ?
  • betz 2013/05/23 10:11:03
    betz
    +2
    Your answer choices tell a lot about your character BTW...
    Yes I do believe my hero George Bush took more "vacations" but they weren't really vacations. He went to his ranch or to Maine and made them working vacations. This prez tends to trot off to Hawaii every year or hobnobs with the cheater Tiger Woods. There is an enormous difference. But then again I don't mind it when he's out gallavanting around as he doesn't have a pen in his hand signing anymore inane legislation. Phew...

Vacation all you want Mr. prez. I like it when you're hobnobbing with the rich....who by the way are the same successful people you despises. Go figure. Such a freaking hypocrite.
    obama swimming in hawaii
  • John Smith betz 2014/09/19 03:37:59 (edited)
    John Smith
    You'll do anything to make your pig with lipsick look better. Off hand , how do you know they were working vacations ? Because Bubba Bush said they were ? He said the Iraq war would be over in a week. He or Cheney said the Iraqis would greet us in the street with flowers. I guess I missed when that happened. Help me out Betz When was that? He also said tax breaks for the wealthy would bring jobs. I never saw any of that ether. I did see the last 11 months your Bubba Bush was in office, the country lost 2.3 million jobs net. Source Bureau of Labor statistics. You're simply a racist that can't stand a black guy getting elected to president , TWICE. Think a minute. If you'd had anybody worth a damn running for office, we wouldn't have the situation your party created all by themselves.
  • betz John Smith 2014/09/19 09:47:13
    betz
    +1
    Whoa back up the boat there ol' John Smith. YOU just crossed the line with your racist comment. THAT is one reason I block and blocked you will be as soon as I finish my words. Actually I'm happy you did resort to those words as I did get a glimpse of your character...or lack of character.
    You just might want to be very very careful with your words about war as I do feel your little ol' prez is treading water right now when it comes to war.

This prez has very dismal numbers and that speaks volumes. I will give him an A in the schmoozing category. He is great at that skill. He sucked in so many of the poor and desperate 2 times and has done nothing for them. The man cares nothing about the downtrodden and desperate. It's a shame. I don't know how he sleeps at night. But it's my guess he sleeps soundly as he just doesn't care.

Hey John Smith have a marvelous day. Now let me say BUH BYE!!!

buh bye you fool
  • USAF Vet 2013/05/23 08:47:56 (edited)
    USAF Vet
    +3
    Not yet, Sh*t-4-brains. Where did Bush go on his vacations...Crawford Texas, perhaps a place where Bush's entire Presidential entourage accompanied him and he was in constant contact with Washington? Where are you spending your vacation this year, Cindy Sheehan, Crawford Texas?
  • betz USAF Vet 2013/05/23 10:11:54
    betz
    LOL...dang I do love that Cindy Sheehan. LOL again. You are so very correct in your writings, USAF
  • jgh57 USAF Vet 2013/05/23 18:43:48
    jgh57
    Crawford Texas was his home. Hawaii is President Obama's home. Hawaii is a state and the President can fly there.
  • John Smith USAF Vet 2014/08/22 22:21:48
    John Smith
    +2
    I notice you put in "perhaps" because you don't know; you're simply guessing, in an effort to protect your man that started as war with the wrong country, under false pretenses , so he could capture Saddam, that kicked sand in Daddy's face during the Gulf War. He actually went to Crawford 77 times according to what the records indicate. Each time he went , he took the Presidential jet, plus one C-130, and sometimes two C-130's. The cost of these trips would scare most folks, when you factor in the cost of keeping a C-130 in the air with fuel and crew. I forget the figures , but it was a zillion times more than Obama taking a helicopter fleet 50 miles across town into Maryland to a golf course. Bush also holds the record for the most time spent on vacation between 979-and 1020 days depending on where you research.
    I believe if I had to put USAF Vet on my icon to try and elicit respect, or sympathy, I'd have to post factual things, rather than half baked guesses- but hey you're a Republican , the party known for shooting from the hip, and missing the target. Calling folks names , simply shows your lack of command of the English language, but another thing Republicans are known for -- calling people names like we all did in the third grade. Feel free to call me names. I can assure you, I have been called names before, by others at the bottom of the barrel.
  • USAF Vet John Smith 2014/08/22 23:09:47
    USAF Vet
    Bore me some more...and who cares how many times you get called names, it comes with the territory.
  • John Smith USAF Vet 2014/09/19 03:40:49
    John Smith
    You're the boring one.
  • John Smith USAF Vet 2014/09/19 03:37:39
    John Smith
    Hey Vet /
    I'd thought you would have been smarter than your comment. You're suggesting that when Obama goes in a helicopter with a couple extra decoys,over to a country club to play golf in Maryland, that he is NOT in touch with Washington ? You're correct about the Bush entourage. When Bubba went to his Pig farm, the presidential jet was generally followed by 2 , C-130's. , but always with one. Calculate the cost for keeping those workhorses in the air, plus crew salaries, and get back to me. You folks are puffing and blowing, trying to make a dud president into one he'll never be. Have you noticed that Bush is never asked to speak alongside a Republican running for office ??? Think about that some, and maybe the answer will come to you. It's because his screwed up policies caused this country more problems than it will get cleaned up, if we had nothing but your savior group of Republicans in office for the next 5 elections. Your man didn't give a damn about the office. Daddy got it for him, just like he got everything else for his little W. man.
    If all you can do is call folks names, your military online name will not bring you any respect.
    You lack command of the language. Was he in constant contact because you said he was ?? He also told us the Iraq war would be over in a w...
    Hey Vet /
    You lack command of the language. Was he in constant contact because you said he was ?? He also told us the Iraq war would be over in a week, How'd that work out for you ? He also told us that tax breaks for the wealthy would bring jobs, yet the last 11 months he was in office, the country lost 2.3million jobs net. ( bureau Labor Statistics) Apparently the wealthy never got the message to start hiring. Your party has never had a problem with telling lies. If you think a good president needs folks like you, straining to try to keep them from sinking, you're wasting your time. The last I checked , Bush was 4 from the bottom in terms of the country's best presidents. It's funny, Dwight Eisenhower is always in the top 10-15, but you guys have forgotten him. Why is that ? Eisenhower had a brilliant mind, something Bush couldn't have, even if daddy could buy it for him.
  • A Founding Father 2013/05/23 04:29:20
    A Founding Father
    +3
    Well, it all depends on whether binge drinking and alcoholic rehab at the ranch is considered a vacation or medical leave. That is a determining factor in the answer to your question.
  • jubil8 BN-0 PON 2013/05/23 03:51:54
    jubil8 BN-0 PON
    +1
    Sorry, RW's. Bush: 1,020 vacation DAYS.
    Obama: 974 vacation HOURS (days AND rounds of golf).
  • Justagirl 2013/05/23 02:57:52
    Justagirl
    +4
    Counting M.I.A., days? Where was Our current POtuS when Bin Laden was "taken out", Our Ambassador assassinated in a region it helped destabilize? Please, POS is on perpetual vacay, unless there is a photo OP, or a tragedy to exploit, it's A.W.O.L. When will you people demand better for Our nation and stop playing victim to the minority party? She Clinton was correct, prophetic even when she said junior wouldn't be ready for the 2 a.m. call...and y'all chose the wrong donkey, deal with the manure. G.W. isn't in office, so moveon.fu! Or maybe y'all could hold it accountable to the purpose you elected it?
  • jgh57 Justagirl 2013/05/23 03:02:10
    jgh57
    +2
    We are demanding better. That is why we voted for President Obama. When and if the Republican Party ever can get it's act together and put forth a viable candidate many of us would be glad to give them another look. Right now the Republican Party's only agenda is to sabotage President Obama.
  • Justagirl jgh57 2013/05/23 03:12:58
    Justagirl
    Hillary was the better Democratic candidate, but y'all bought the B.S. of a bright, shiny, articulate black man, who has done NOTHING to keep the promises made. Now, I am watching you all fall over yourselves to cover your mistake...or eat your own. Regardless, Our nation is held hostage.
  • jgh57 Justagirl 2013/05/23 03:23:22
    jgh57
    +1
    I was with Hillary until she lost the nomination. I seriously thought about McCain until he went totally off the deep end with Palin.
  • Justagirl jgh57 2013/05/23 04:21:17
    Justagirl
    She, Hillary, never should have lost the nomination, for that I blame y'all. Never should have left her earned position as a senator to serve in POS's shameful administration, there I blame her. Had anyone bothered to listen, she and Bill, actually supported McCain, in a passive-aggressive sort of way, for the Presidency...not that that was comfort to me..:P Palin is past news as well, but the best move McCain had, and if you study her past affiliation, instead of adhering to progressive, liberal/conservative tripe, you'll find a lot of libertarian ideology.
  • jgh57 Justagirl 2013/05/23 18:45:56
    jgh57
    All I had to do was listen to her talk to know she had no business being VP. There were much better choices.
  • Justagirl jgh57 2013/05/23 23:22:34
    Justagirl
    I feel sort of like that about Biden, hearing what he has to say leads me to believe he his barely about the functioning I.Q. of an imbecile. As we veer further from the topic of this post...lol
  • John Smith Justagirl 2014/09/19 03:58:23
    John Smith
    I would rate him slightly above Bush, in that Bush makes up words, and mispronounces so many others. He comes across like a 12 year old trying to impress others with big words, but Bush even screws up small ones.
    People poor mouth Obama for using a teleprompter, but he doesn't butcher the Kings English. PS I have a picture of Bush using a teleprompter , and I have a picture of Bush putting his feet on the sacred presidential desk. The same desk that caused the racist McConnell to lose it , when he was shown a picture of Obama with his feet up. If a Republican does it it's OK, but black democrats , NEVER. We actually elect little jerks like McConnell to higher office.
    Oh and another thing - how would you rate Palin's IQ. ?? You can right it on your hand, and send me a selfie ?
  • kaitai Justagirl 2013/06/06 11:51:43
    kaitai
    +4
    Yea, but why would anyone want McCain? This idiot was captured (caught). I'm voting for the guy that got away, not the old bastard that was captured... If "W" was such a great pres., why didn't even 1 republican ask him to appear and speak for them during campaign? lol. George W Bush murdered more americans for his greed, than anyone else ever. Remember... If you cant say something good about someone, than you must be talkin about a republican.
  • John Smith jgh57 2014/09/19 03:48:59
    John Smith
    Thank you mam. Seriously.
    The Republicans don't seem interested in getting their act together. They have no clue who they will run next election, but somehow think they can distract everyone by poor mouthing Obama each time he breathes. They're not smart enough to realize that he and Biden cannot run for these offices again.
    As one man said " Conservative is becoming more of a diagnosis of mental pathology, than a respected political point of view. It has been on the skids since Reagan was in office, and is no more capable of delivering coherent thought than Reagan was in his last years."
  • PurpleShirt 2013/05/23 02:42:29
    PurpleShirt
    +3
    Name calling is a cheap, unwarranted shot. Shame on you.
  • jgh57 PurpleS... 2013/05/23 02:54:26
    jgh57
    The question is part satire for the way a lot of the Rights questions are phrased. And actually President Bush took more actual vacation day than President Bush.
  • PurpleS... jgh57 2013/05/23 03:44:21
    PurpleShirt
    +2
    "And actually President Bush took more actual vacation day than President Bush."

Now, should I make fun of you and call you names for that? Thankfully I was raised to be a better person than that...BUT! Can't help but
    ROFL  laughing  funny
  • Lucy Krueger 2013/05/23 02:15:31
    Lucy Krueger
  • angelbaby 2013/05/23 02:12:38
    angelbaby
    +2
    Barack
  • jgh57 angelbaby 2013/05/23 02:13:51
    jgh57
    +1
    And you would be wrong.
  • angelbaby jgh57 2013/05/23 02:18:39
    angelbaby
    +1
    Barack Hussain ? ~ he declares many as some bs campaign or bs speech but hands down its the pig currently in the WH ( when he's there ) ..

2014/10/23 01:10:24