What prison should Bernie Madoff be sentenced to?

Politics 2009/03/13 01:25:26
Maximum-security prison
White collar prison
Death Row
Bernie Madoff has finally pleaded guilty to his money crimes, and has apologized for his erroneous ways. Madoff claims that he is ashamed and sorry to all those who were affected by his devious schemes. What type of prison should Madoff be sentenced to?

• Bob 2010/03/18 03:35:44
    Death Row
    Bob
    Madoff stole people's money - in many cases, all of it. Their lives are ruined beyond comprehension. Money is the electricity that powers our lives and he took it all away. Everything is too good for him, even the hardest bed, the hottest cell and the worst food. People like him destroy trust.
  • Bob 2009/11/02 20:56:15
    Maximum-security prison
    Bob
    To hell with prison. Make him work a minimum wage job. Then garnish his wage - then let him start another minimum wage job - forever in a loop of endless no money no satisfaction jobs. Let him work for one of my previous bosses. Let's put some boss names into a lottery and make him work for some psycho. Then he can go home to Alcatraz.
  • Baby Boomer in Oregon 2009/10/29 19:40:49
    Death Row
    Baby Boomer in Oregon
    If he went to maximum security prison he will feel as if he has gone to hell. I think just living on death row would be enough torture for this man. He is use to the finer things in life. On death row he would have no fine things. At least I hope not. I do not wish for him to be tortured physically. That would be too much.
  • LBL 2009/10/20 11:44:38
    White collar prison
    LBL
    THE MAN IS BROKE, OLD AND REALLY NEEDS A UNDERSTANDING SOURCE, WHAT ELSE CAN ONE EXPECT FROM SOMEONE THAT TAKEN SO MUCH, MAYBE A JOB COLLECTING no bad idea JUST A QUIET PLACE.
  • tc 2009/10/20 00:46:44
    White collar prison
    tc
    Since its a white collar crime and he isn't a threat, then he has to be treated like everyone who commits that type of crime. People want him punished more than the terrorists who are coming to America. Keep it in perspective guys...
  • Bob tc 2010/03/18 03:44:37
    Bob
    If he had used a gun to rob people on the streets of New York, he would have been far more honest that he was. He LIVED his deception for 25-30 years - stealing, stealing and stealing, yet pretending he was a valued member of society. He destroyed countless lives, institutions, and the trust that human beings have tried to establish between each other. He is LOWER than pond scum.

White collar vs. what? Black or blue collar? I was robbed in NYC in 1992 by a man who stole a taxi and was picking people up and then robbing them with a 45. He was despicable, but not 1% as bad as Madoff.
  • 34thBombGroup 2009/09/24 03:50:59
    Maximum-security prison
    34thBombGroup
    Devil's Island. San Quentin is too good for him. And yes, I know that neither of these sites are legitimate. I hope they make him clean the lavatories with his spit and a toothbrush - his "clients" can't afford them anymore.
  • Chuck 2009/09/21 03:24:34
    Maximum-security prison
    Chuck
    all of them and forever
  • Montana Combat Medic 2009/08/28 14:15:15
    Death Row
    Montana Combat Medic
    This greedy rat-bastard is wasting good air! He got off too lightly! He ruined a lot of lives, ruined a lot of peoples futures, and his greed and the misery that he has sowed qualifies him for death!
  • danette0119 2009/08/27 21:02:16
    Death Row
    danette0119
    +1
    he has fucked so many people, innocent people let him sit on Death row for a while. Just sit there not necessarily kill him but let him think that he is going to be put down. for say 50 years then he will die there. No seriously, let him sit there for a good 15 years no chance of seeing anyone. No visitors, No T.V. , then walk him down to the chamber and make a turn. Tell hem he was PUNKED.
    Get it all on reality TV view it all to see. Happily Ever After.
    In Memory Of Ted Kennedy I think He would have laughed at that.
    DH
  • tc danette... 2009/10/20 00:47:38
    tc
    Would you agree to do that to the terrorists in Gitmo?
  • Judester 2009/08/02 14:17:00
    Maximum-security prison
    Judester
    +1
    Actually should be working in the AirForce Station kitchen in Greenland.
  • wolf sloan 2009/07/25 16:55:08
    Maximum-security prison
    wolf sloan
    +1
    The black hole of Calcutta comes to mind
  • SCHWINNDOG 2009/07/18 15:10:25
    Maximum-security prison
    SCHWINNDOG
    +1
    FUCK HIM
  • JQHiggins 2009/07/13 13:42:17
    Maximum-security prison
    JQHiggins
    +1
    Angola in Louisiana; or perhaps the Devil's Island prison in French Guiana.
  • dovewit... JQHiggins 2009/08/10 16:30:33
    dovewithfire
    +1
    Angola is a really layed back prison .. just pick any in Texas..
  • Lucy 2009/07/12 16:05:30
    Maximum-security prison
    Lucy
    +2
    Yes, a maximum security prison. No contact with any family. None with any lawyer. None with anyone at all.
  • B J 2009/06/30 22:15:52
    Death Row
    B J
    +1
    I think that Bernie should be sent to a prison in south Alabama called "ATMORE." There, he will be doing his time- I mean real time!!!!
  • gunner 2009/06/20 02:43:10
    Maximum-security prison
    gunner
    +2
    Madoff should share a cell w/ Obama,Biden,Pelosi,Fienstine,... a few others along w/ Ms B. Frank. Be something for everyone, in there together.
  • elwood gunner 2009/06/28 21:48:54
    elwood
    +1
    I second that roll call and could add many more.
  • Bob gunner 2010/03/18 03:46:25
    Bob
    How dare you be so crass, [...]
  • gunner Bob 2010/03/19 02:48:33
    gunner
    My dear Bob, I`ve never ever flagged a single person on this site. You are the first. I invested 3yr. 4 mo. and 3 days fighting for our freedom. So we could enjoy amongst other things the freedom of speach. I will defend your right to that freedom and all the rest to my utmost ability. But, you will be civil to me sir.
  • Bob gunner 2010/03/19 03:09:40
    Bob
    Well sir - either you believe in *freedom of speech* (spelled correctly) or you don't. I do and I exercised it when I called you an ass. You are you know! I think you believe in something only one way!

I also served our country in defense of all of our wonderful freedoms in the Navy at the age of 17 and 18 - in 1964+65.

The reason I called you an ass was because you insulted the President of the United States grossly when you said he should share a cell with Bernie Madoff - how dare you!

Thanks for letting me know what to do now and in the future when I am so offended (or should I let you have your freedom of speech like I did and just call you an ass??)

Or should I *flag* you for your lack of respect for our Commander in Chief?
  • gunner Bob 2010/03/19 03:47:22
    gunner
    That's what we can do here, insult our self called public 'officials'. If I flagged you unjustly, for your personal attack. Flag this one if you wish. I respect and will make all attempt to be civil to you. If you feel that I am insulting our President, I e-mailed the white house and explained why I felt his policies were Marxist. So, I may get to see Madoff first someday when the kind of Gov. you seem to want, rounds up dissenters.I would stand up for you, would you do the same for me.
  • Bob gunner 2010/03/19 03:54:34 (edited)
    Bob
    Listen, first of all, calling someone an ass, is the same as calling them a donkey - it's not profanity, it doesn't mean your posterior - just check your bible.

Freedom of speech allows me to call you an ass. Sorry if you took offense!

But honestly, if you can claim our president belongs in jail with Bernie Madoff, then I can call you an ass - that sir, is how freedom of speech works - it is a double-edged sword, it cuts both ways.
  • gunner Bob 2010/03/20 06:14:53
    gunner
    You are correct, I do sincerely apologize and would look forward to visiting with you more on the issues. l will not again wave the sites flag at you. Someone did that to me recently and it is no fun. I sometimes fall to a name calling and it really is not the way to win friends and influence people. I value you in truth, and hope you accept the apology.
  • Bob gunner 2010/03/20 11:52:31
    Bob
    Accepted, thank you.
  • gunner Bob 2010/03/20 20:21:24
    gunner
    Thank you , Sir . I know we have differing opinions , I am interested in yours and ain`t going to call you names for them. I served from 66-70 . USS Walker DD517 out of Pearl Harbor. Also the USS KcKean DD to long ago , out of Long Beach and discharged there. Spent 2 1/2 yr. on the Walker with 2 cruise`s to beautiful, sunny SE Asia. About 9 - 9 1/2 mo. ea. Was only on the McKean a couple mo.
  • Bob gunner 2010/03/20 20:35:23
    Bob
    That's great - (love Hawaii - bet you miss it! Love SE Asian too) We were both tin-can sailors. I first served on the USS Willard Keith DD775 and for a long time on the Tattnall DDG19, much of it in the 6th Fleet in Europe. I also spent a little time on the USS Atule SS403 but that was like a long weekend.

tattnall ddg19 6th fleet europe spent uss atule ss403 weekend
  • Danielle 2009/06/18 15:26:25
    White collar prison
    Danielle
    How is what he did any different than Bush or Greenspan?
  • elwood Danielle 2009/06/28 21:43:05
    elwood
    +2
    IN THAT CASE CARTER one big thief of Democracy and a huge jackass should be in prison instead of cavorting with our enemies. Bill Clinton should be in prison for lying under oath and bringing shame & disgace to the office and we should dig up FDR & LBJ and bury them in the prison cemetery along with various other corrupt politicans on both sides. Prison could also house traitors like Bill Ayers political action criminal and a preacher whose name should be reverand wrong instead of Wright. Plus Teddy Kennedy for the Chappaquiddic murder. We would have to make sure the current criminals wouldn't remain in office misrepresenting their constituents while serving time and drawing huge salaries. They make up their own pay rules. Don't you wish working people could do that. Thats one more crime they're guilty of.
  • Danielle elwood 2009/07/01 05:05:59
    Danielle
    +2
    I doubt we'd miss them.
  • SCHWINNDOG elwood 2009/07/18 15:21:37
    SCHWINNDOG
    dont forget how george w bush held the country for ransome , so he could take us to iraq, rather than to afganistan after 9 -11 to find binladen, no instead he went on his own agenda or goose chase to satisfy his daddy , no WMD .WHAT A WASTE OF MY FELLOW SOLDERS . FUCK THAT REPUBICAN ELEPHANT ASS HOLE. HE SHOULD BE ARRESTED ALONG WITH DICK HEAD OF THIS QUAGMIRE. SCHWINNDOG US . ARMY 1970-71 . FUCK BUSH FOR EVER
  • tc SCHWINNDOG 2009/10/20 00:52:00
    tc
    Did you know there weren't any WMD? Maybe you should of told Congress, our European allies and President Bush so you could have saved us all. I now blame YOU for the mess in IRAQ! You killed a lot of people by not setting us all straight before hand. How can you sleep at night...
  • tc elwood 2009/10/20 00:49:48
    tc
    Couldn't agree more...
  • tc Danielle 2009/10/20 00:49:19
    tc
    Or Obama, Pelosi, Charlie Rangle (Screwed us all!), Dodd and many others!
  • Dodie 2009/06/14 02:53:50
    Maximum-security prison
    Dodie
    +1
    Maximum Security, His wife ought to be ordered to give up everything they owned/own to repay all of the $$$$$ that are not be hers, legally or otherwise. Comunity property is just that. No reason she should still be living hi on the hog when so many people have lost verything.
  • Oops 2009/06/10 21:41:35
    Maximum-security prison
    Oops
    +1
    A nice open air slammer down in Old Mexico!
  • big dipper 2009/06/04 12:21:20 (edited)
    Maximum-security prison
    big dipper
    +2
    If Bernie has stole from the Government or robbed some kind of Financial Institution, I say minimum security but what he did was take the trust of friends and use it to take away their future. Not only were the people who invested in his funds got robbed, foundations and various humane organizations lost their funding because Madoff misused funds from the institutions which supported them.

In short Bernie needs to burn in the bowels of hell and be subjected to the humiliation his elderly investors will feel while working at the WalMart instead of enjoying the money they saved because Bernie squandered away. He need to meet Leon, the 6'5" cellmate who like to make his cellmate toss his salad and perform sex acts for him.

What Bernie did was mean and selfish. He deserves little mercy.
  • elwood big dipper 2009/06/28 21:57:14
    elwood
    +1
    Exclamation point!

2014/08/29 20:28:55