What is worse: Banning big sodas or banning abortion, pot, gay marriage, polygamy, porn, cussing on TV, nudity on TV, women from going topless, the separation of church and state, sodomy, sex toys, free speech, science, history, interracial marriage, etc?

American☆Atheist 2012/09/17 01:20:55
All of those things and more have been banned by conservatives, and don't forget they fought for slavery.

• Nessie9412 2013/03/07 01:42:29
    Big Sodas
    Nessie9412
    Abortion is included in the list. That's why I made this choice.
  • Herbtheman 2013/02/19 09:36:31
    Big Sodas
    Herbtheman
    +3
    most of that stuff should be banned.
  • America... Herbtheman 2013/02/19 21:14:23
    American☆Atheist
    Why, because you don't like it?
  • Herbtheman America... 2013/02/20 12:12:42
  • America... Herbtheman 2013/02/21 02:24:49
    American☆Atheist
    Well, I guess that makes you a conservative.
  • Herbtheman America... 2013/02/21 02:39:12
    Herbtheman
    +1
    And proud of it.
  • America... Herbtheman 2013/02/21 02:57:31
    American☆Atheist
    +1
    Proud of being a bigoted tyrant?
  • Herbtheman America... 2013/02/21 03:42:04
    Herbtheman
    +1
    I know being a proud american really bothers you liberal nut jobs.
  • America... Herbtheman 2013/02/25 18:39:32
    American☆Atheist
    We ARE proud Americans, unlike you.
  • Lilly 2013/01/20 11:27:22
    Banning big sodas or banning abortion, pot, gay marriage, polygamy, porn, cus...
    Lilly
    To be honest, I could live without 500ml sodas.
  • Glfer65 2012/09/17 14:55:26
    Glfer65
    +2
    I think people need to do a self check and see that the world is not theirs but ours. And the whole world has so many different things going. Knee jerk reactions and banning things just because you do not like them is not the answer.

It just infuriates the situation and makes it harder to get your point across. Just because your faith informs you it is wrong does not mean it actually is. Keep your religious beliefs to yourself and promote the goodness not passing judgment.
  • DJPanicDC 2012/09/17 08:18:01
    DJPanicDC
    +1
    However I think we see the big soda thing wrong, it is not leftist banning it is corporate profiteering this only makes people buy 2 $3 sodas instead of spending 30cents more

So how is the rest Small government or freedom>??
  • A Founding Father 2012/09/17 05:31:59
    A Founding Father
    Give us some more choices. I've heard that voters in North Carolina have taken renewed interest in the Mormon candidate they once called a "demon" from a "cult", as he promised
    to ban bathing if elected. Apparently his buddy Ryan has computed a savings of several $Billion if soap and indiscriminate bathing were punished with a severe tax on those with
    taxable incomes of less than $500,000. The Carolinians jumped on that one like a chicken on a Junebug.
  • Tastentier 2012/09/17 04:49:53 (edited)
    Tastentier
    If you have to go back to the days of laws against sex toys, sodomy and interracial marriage, you might as well list slavery. Republicans banned that too, if I remember correctly. As for the other points:

Topless women: If women are allowed to expose their breasts in public, we can hardly forbid men to expose their dangly bits to women and children in parks. Different lumps of skin, same principle. If you insist on showing me yours, I'll show you mine. Let's call it the right to equal exposure.

Free speech: It's ok, I also confuse left and right occasionally :) Put free speech next to big sodas where it belongs, and it's all good.

Abortion: I'd rather we shoot all useless, lazy or annoying people in the head on their 25th birthday. That way we don't end up killing the next Einstein or Mozart, and we still keep the population at a manageable size. It's a win-win. I believe it's also far more ethical than killing the most innocent human beings who haven't done anything wrong or stupid yet.

Separation of church and state: You might want to ask Obama about that. He talks far more frequently about Jesus and God than I'm comfortable with.

Pot, nudity and cussing on TV: Go ahead and legalize it. I don't see the big deal.

Polygamy and gay marriage: Polyamory and homosexuality are both perfe...

Polygamy and gay marriage: Polyamory and homosexuality are both perfectly legal. If you want to exchange rings and vows, who is keeping you from doing that? Just don't expect the state seal of approval, and don't ask for government handouts in form of tax breaks that are financed by other people's taxes. Instead, be glad that you've kicked the government out of your bedrooms. Why would you invite them back in?
  • America... Tastentier 2012/09/17 07:46:16
    American☆Atheist
    Doesn't matter, it is what cons WANT to do.

Gays and polygamists are not treated the same, stop it with the "separate but equal" crap.
  • freedomsox 2012/09/17 04:33:50
    freedomsox
    +2
    How about we don't ban any of those things? Duh.

P.S. Lincoln was a republican you goofball.
  • America... freedomsox 2012/09/17 07:46:52
    American☆Atheist
    +1
    Did I ever say anything about either party?
  • NotTargetMaterial 2012/09/17 02:57:00
  • Kirino 2012/09/17 02:17:27
  • Raymond Allamby 2012/09/17 02:01:13
    Raymond Allamby
    +1
    well, i don't care about the big sodas too much, but i WANT all those other things!
  • NotTarg... Raymond... 2012/09/17 02:58:34
    NotTargetMaterial
    You WANT sodomy?
  • Raymond... NotTarg... 2012/09/17 03:19:01
    Raymond Allamby
    +1
    i want people to be free to do whatever they want, as long as it doesn't hurt anyone.
  • NotTarg... Raymond... 2012/09/17 03:30:44
    NotTargetMaterial
    I agree 100%. Thats why the only thing I'm against is abortion because it involves someone getting killed.
  • Raymond... NotTarg... 2012/09/17 03:33:46
    Raymond Allamby
    +2
    i won't bother arguing that, because you'd never accept my view on it.
  • Onyx 2012/09/17 01:44:11
    Big Sodas
    Onyx
    +1
    Open a history book President Lincoln was a conservative.

Lincoln, along with George Washington, is the chief icon of conservative American values. With a profound sense of American history, unswerving commitment to republican ideals of democracy and civic virtue, and an almost Shakespearean command of the language, Lincoln articulated a vision of a new birth of freedom for the American nation. The destruction of the Confederacy, and of the slave power that menaced conservative American values, affirmed Lincoln's vision in the Gettysburg Address (1863) and guaranteed that "government of the people by the people for the people, shall not perish from the earth."
  • Raymond... Onyx 2012/09/17 02:02:36
    Raymond Allamby
    +1
    maybe you see it that way, but most of you righties follow ayn rand these days.
  • Onyx Raymond... 2012/09/17 02:15:44
    Onyx
    +1
    Nope, never read her works. The fact is that Lincoln was a conservative and he ended slavery. You might want to brush up on your history before you make unfounded claims about " righties".
  • Raymond... Onyx 2012/09/17 02:52:10
    Raymond Allamby
    i didn't say you followed ayn rand. maybe you should read and understand my actual post, before you cry foul. the republican party of today, has absolutely no relation to lincoln's party beyond name. i know my history.
  • Onyx Raymond... 2012/09/17 03:07:34
    Onyx
    +1
    Maybe you need to learn to read and comprehend. I simply stated that I have never read her works, that's all. I don't pretend to know what other people are reading, unlike you. FYI, I am a conservative not a republican. Conservatives do hold the values of Lincoln. So nice that you think you know what other people read, think and believe........truly amazing, almost profit like LOL.
  • RH Onyx 2013/02/19 11:02:11
    RH
    I think you both need to read up. Lincoln, by our standards today, was a liberal. It has gone two fold.

Dems were the Conservatives and the Rep were the libs... it has now reversed.

Without a doubt, he would have been a liberal Democrat today. He made his name in the Illinois legistlature by speaking out against the Mexican-American war as an excuse to spread slavery in new US territories. (can you say "ANTI-WAR LIBERAL"?!?)

Yet, he was backed by radical Republicans and abolitionists (America's first "bleeding-heart liberals") to beat the South. Southern Democrats absolutely HATED Lincoln and even accused him of being half-black. Today, those same Southern Democrats would be conservative Republicans.

Though Abe Lincoln wouldn't have been as far left as say, Dennis Kucinich, he would be a typical mainstream liberal Democrat today.
  • Onyx RH 2013/02/19 21:36:13
    Onyx
    Lincoln was anti war, yet he was president during one of the most bloody wars in history. Ya, you are pretty clueless, nice try, lol!
  • RH Onyx 2013/02/19 22:15:38
    RH
    He didn't start the war... He had no choice but to be involved in that war. It was not about slavery either. They wanted to succeed from the Union and that was going to cost the US Money. The Civil War was all about Money, slavery just happen to be there as a cover for the real reason the war took place.

Don't believe me? Go read a bit more and you will find I'm correct. The Liberals back then were the Republicans, not the Democrats.
  • Onyx RH 2013/02/19 22:17:43 (edited)
    Onyx
    Lol, not quite!
  • RH Onyx 2013/02/19 22:20:47
    RH
    Yeah that makes sense....

Chalking this one up to someone that isn't willing to learn new things. enjoy.
  • Onyx RH 2013/02/19 22:25:14
    Onyx
    Finally, you hit the nail on the head with that one! No! I'm interested in learning actual history, not "learning new things" with your made up history!
  • RH Onyx 2013/02/19 22:42:28
    RH
    Yep... you're right I made it all up. Keep thinking that. It is obvious that you have no intentions of actually wanting to know the truth. Enjoy.
  • Onyx RH 2013/02/19 22:45:00
    Onyx
    When you change history to fit your agenda, you are the one that is close minded to truth!
  • RH Onyx 2013/02/19 22:51:12
    RH
    No agenda about it. Pointed out that the Reps were not conservatives back then. Which is true. The Dems were not the liberals back then. Which is true.

Where is there an agenda in that?

Lincoln was NOT a conservative.
  • Onyx RH 2013/02/19 22:56:48
    Onyx
    Lincoln was a conservative, there is your agenda.
  • RH Onyx 2013/02/20 01:32:38
    RH
    Whatever, you can be a dumbass that doesn't know history. Enjoy.

2014/10/24 07:00:10