What Is the Root Of The Hate For Obama?

Itsmeagain 2008/12/14 15:34:37
First let me say that I am not a racist, I am a realist. I am very proud to see so many young people become involved in the election proscess. However, to be mis-informed and ignorant to the facts serves no good to you the voter, or to our nation.
Over the past couple of weeks I have been online trying in my feeble way to difuse some of the hateful comments made on this site in regards to President Elect Obama. There have been a stream of words put out there, that I am sure no one really knows the meaning of, and most of all are not aware of why they use these words to feed their hatred. Let's look at the main ones used religiously.

What is Socialism?
Central to the meaning of socialism is common ownership. This means the resources of the world being owned in common by the entire global population.
But does it really make sense for everybody to own everything in common? Of course, some goods tend to be for personal consumption, rather than to share—clothes, for example. People 'owning' certain personal possessions does not contradict the principle of a society based upon common ownership.
In practice, common ownership will mean everybody having the right to participate in decisions on how global resources will be used. It means nobody being able to take personal control of resources, beyond their own personal possessions.

Muslims
Generally, a Muslim is defined by faith in the religion of Islam; however, in the modern world there are religiously unobservant, agnostic or atheist individuals who still identify with the Muslim culture due to family background, personal experiences or fear of retribution for apostasy. Malaise Ruthven discusses the term in Islam: A Very Short Introduction (Oxford University Press, 2000) as follows:

Racism
1. a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.
2. a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.
3. hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

What is A Bigot?
A bigot is a person who is intolerant of opinions, lifestyles or identities differing from his or her own, and bigotry is the corresponding attitude or mindset. Bigot is often used as a pejorative term to describe a person who is obstinately devoted to prejudices, especially when these views are either challenged, or proven to be false or not universally applicable or acceptable.

What Is Race Baiting?
Race baiting is an act of using racially derisive language, actions or other forms of communication, to anger, intimidate or incite a person or groups of people, or to make those persons behave in ways that are inimical to their personal or group interests. This can also be accomplished by implying that there is an underlying race based motive in the actions of others towards the group baited, where none in fact exists. The term "race" in this context can be construed very broadly to include the social constructs which define race or racial difference, as well as ethnic, religious, gender and economic differences. Thus the use of any language or actions perceived to be for the purpose of exploiting weaknesses in persons who can be identified as members of certain groups, or to reinforce a group's perceived victim hood, can be contained within the concept of "race baiting." Many people who practice race baiting often believe in racism, or have an interest in making the group believe that racism is what motivates the actions of others.
The term "race baiting" is often a critique of anti-racist actions and communications implying that those who criticize apparent racism are themselves guilty of either a form of racism or of simple manipulation.

Domestic Terrorism in the United States
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In the United States, acts of domestic terrorism are generally considered to be uncommon. According to the FBI, however, between the years of 1980 and 2000, 250 of the 335 incidents confirmed as or suspected to be terrorist acts in the United States were carried out by American citizens.[1]

1 Definitions of domestic terrorism
2 Organizations associated with domestic terrorism in the US

1 The Ku Klux Klan
2 The Weathermen
3 The Symbionese Liberation Army
4 Army of God
5 Animal Liberation Front
6 Earth Liberation Front
7 Black Liberation Army

Notable acts of domestic terrorism
1 Bombing of Los Angeles Times building
2 Wall Street bombing
3 UNABOMBER attacks
4 Oklahoma City bombing
5 Centennial Olympic Park bombing

• JColliu 2008/12/14 18:24:03
    I Believe That Barack Obama Has Handled The Race Issue Well
    JColliu
    +3
    Plain and simple....I don't feel the need to explain my opinion and I will no longer fight with people who have not even given the man a chance. He won and our next first family is: plain simple feel explain opinion fight people chance won family

• Terri3GS..Allergic to Stupi... 2009/07/15 18:41:55
    Racism Is a Major Factor in This Election
    Terri3GS..Allergic to Stupidity.
    yEP AND oBIE PLAYED IT FOR ALL IT'S WORTH.
  • brytt 2009/03/29 16:50:36
    brytt
    This is a one sided question!

Race is not an issue. He is an ELITIST.

I do not like Barry because of his politics for example refusing to give aborted children medical care, he paid people to make sure that is "original" birth certificate did not get out, and WTF are we going to pull all of that money that he is wanting to "help" AMERICA.
  • spunkysmum ~ Tall In the S... 2009/01/04 04:40:06
    spunkysmum ~  Tall In the Saddle, White Hat on Straight ~
    +1
    Barack Obama was elected because of his race. That's racism.
  • Itsmeagain spunkys... 2009/01/04 10:20:47
    Itsmeagain
    Great! That means a REAL CHANGE has come!

Does that also mean that the people that DID NOT vote for Obama because of his race are racists?
  • spunkys... Itsmeagain 2009/01/04 20:27:27
    Yes, if there any that voted against him JUST because of his race I suppose that would be racist. But they cast the right vote even if their reasons weren't so good. And those people are not the majority, that's for sure.
  • ThinkAboutIt! 2008/12/18 22:38:03
    ThinkAboutIt!
    +1
    And the libs used it to the max. You just wrote Obama's autobiography. You could not have described him more perfectly. Good job! Does your description of obama give you a clue as to why there may be some concern? You are calling any concerns people may have about this man HATE. I just hate that! Mayby they are actually justifiable.
  • Itsmeagain ThinkAb... 2008/12/18 23:22:53 (edited)
    Itsmeagain
    Please be specific...give me your valid, legitimate, and verifiable concerns...I really would like to hear them! And Thank you for saying that "race is A Major Factor in This Election" so far you have been the only one to admit it. Now if I had asked a question like: Why do you hate Obama? there would have been a lot of action to this question. I have come to believed that being racist is something that people are ashame to admit, because it so ugly...there is no reason for other than being insecure with self, and envious of others...just plain mean, hateful and ugly.
  • obidge 2008/12/16 07:15:00
    I Did Not Realize That I May Be A Racist
    obidge
    I realized that I love the Obama-Lama, but I hate the Lama side of him.
    I must be a racist. realize racist realized love obama-lama hate lama racist
  • AJNA 2008/12/15 23:59:22
    AJNA
    +2
    Just over half of this country said the current party in power has messed things up so bad that we're willing to hire ANYBODY from the other party. Most said, I agree with Obama's ideas. Some felt he was more intelligent than his opposition. Some were simply inspired by the mere thought of someone other than a white man could be considered for president. Here's where the racism shows itself though. There has NEVER been a time in our brief history as the US of A, where the current party has created this bad a situation, and even been in contention to be re-elected. Electorally, Obama won by a land slide, but popular vote was close enough for me to conclude that many people could not get past his race.
  • Lee The Hybrid Snowflake 2008/12/14 21:21:30
    Lee The Hybrid Snowflake
    +2
    I never disliked the man personally, but I must say it's his followers that make me not want to even look at his face.
  • JColliu 2008/12/14 18:24:03
    JColliu
    +3
  • boomer 2008/12/14 17:26:56
    Sarah Palin and Hillary Clinton Used Race-Baiting Tactics
    boomer
    +1
    I don't buy in to any of this. Obama used the race card as a tool over and over again... the man's a joke, his philosophy for our country is a joke, and the idea that maybe he's "not a socialist" is even funnier
  • Ric O'Shea® 2008/12/14 16:43:51
  • Itsmeagain Ric O'S... 2008/12/14 16:55:16
    Itsmeagain
    +1
    You are right...He Won!

Thank you, hopfully some innocent soul will re-evaluate their ideas and join the many that are in support of the new administration.
  • Itsmeagain 2008/12/14 15:50:54
    Itsmeagain
    +2
    Someone just posted that my answer choices are one sided, and I agree that most of them are. I wrote this for the ones that are making erroneous statements about Obama that are based strictly on their own prejudices. "You cannot fix what you do not acknowledge." I anticipate some very harsh replies, but then again ...maybe someone will see things differently and relieve themselves of the cancer of hatred.
  • Moderated 2008/12/14 15:50:17
    Moderated
    +1
    And I believe that the money backing the government fueled this fire deliberately.
  • I'm Left, You're Wrong 2008/12/14 15:44:34
    I'm Left, You're Wrong
    +3
    The "root" of the hatred towards Obama is very simple. Ignorance, stupidity, hypocrisy, and blatant racism disguised as something else.

Those who prattle on endlessly here on SodaHead, with anti-Obama nonsense, are quite clearly uninformed, poorly educated, and in many cases, just plain dumb.

But 83% of the Country approves. He was elected by the single largest electoral vote margin in history, and the second highest popular vote margin in history, so let the mindless haters hate, they are a small minority of sheeple.
  • BlueMax372 I'm Lef... 2008/12/14 16:11:21
    BlueMax372
    +3
    There you go again, the classic ad hominum attack. Also, you should really try to get your historical facts straight. Don't forget that 47% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
  • I'm Lef... BlueMax372 2008/12/14 16:38:34
    I'm Left, You're Wrong
    +3
    I know the truth is a bitch, but try to deal with it.

When you read the poll questions and commentary offered by the anti-Obama nuts, a clear pattern emerges.

1.) They all spew the same hot button words: Socialist, Marxist, and whatever other ___ist they hear on Rush, or read in mindless right wing blogs. Problem is, without playing with their google, NONE of them have any idea what these words mean.

2.) 90% of the anti-O's cannot spell simple words, cannot form a coherent sentence, and are unable to communicate effectively. 8 years of being dumbed down by an illiterate boob may have something to do with it. These are facts, not an opinion.

It's very clear that what I say is factual, you simply choose to ignore the truth.
  • BlueMax372 I'm Lef... 2008/12/21 15:52:01
    BlueMax372
    +1
    Sorri, but there you go yet again. Limbaugh refers to the messiah as a squirrel. The messiah himself espouses Marxism. Ever read his two novels? I did.
  • dropdeadfred182 2008/12/14 15:41:04
    dropdeadfred182
    i don't know what to choose, most of the answers are one sided. But most people know what racism is and how they use it. The reason I do not like Obama is his veiws on certain issues. I don't agree with him on alot of things, and I see no real change. I think it's awesome that we witnessed history in this election though. I could care less though of what the skin color of the person I was voting for was, I know alot of people were voting for strictly that though.
  • Itsmeagain dropdea... 2008/12/14 15:45:01 (edited)
    Itsmeagain
    +1
    Thank you for your reply. This article is for the ones that just hate for no apparent reason other than the color of his skin.
  • dropdea... Itsmeagain 2008/12/14 15:51:25
    dropdeadfred182
    alright, haha.
  • AJNA dropdea... 2008/12/15 23:41:44
    AJNA
    +1
    You, my friend, are in the minority.
  • Itsmeagain AJNA 2008/12/20 14:36:29
    Itsmeagain
    Maybe on this site...far from being a minority in this election of Barack Obama as president.
  • AJNA Itsmeagain 2008/12/20 21:50:11
    AJNA
    I'm happy that was the case. Go "O" Can't wait til the 20th of Jan!!!

2014/09/02 21:22:47