What is or will be your recession-proof job?

I define recession proof jobs as HOBBIES, or TRADES, THAT YOU CAN DO WHILE MAINTAINING A JOB IN THE PRIVATE SECTOR. Please tell me...
If you have one and what it is...
If you have but haven't used it...
Or if you have one currently in progress or have dreams of learning...
**You don't have to have a certificate/license to tell me what you have learned**
Thanks, Cshamad

You must be a member of the group Education First to vote on this poll.

• Dani 2010/02/06 11:33:23
    Dani
    l always like to help poeple i whould like to be a social woker.
  • mae 2009/10/01 22:33:57
    mae
    Independent PHYSICIAN. No control from the insurance companies.
  • Billyk75 2009/09/24 19:14:58
    Billyk75
    +1
    Maybe panhandling on the street. It requires no tax return.
  • Princess Eeyore 2009/09/23 17:49:59
    Princess Eeyore
    +1
    Non-premisised pharmaceuticals sales?
  • Hope & Love 2009/09/22 15:42:11
    Hope & Love
    +1
    Forensics Analyst, Crime Scene Investigator or Coroner....all have a place through the end of time....don't cha think??? There is always: Legal Assistant, too.
  • 1197473... Hope & ... 2009/09/23 09:06:18
    1197473 ☮No longer a name - Just a number☮
    +1
    Oh yeah, that sounds wonderful.
  • Lastri 2009/09/21 15:07:21
    Lastri
    +3
    Bio-Informatics Specialist it is a new feild and barely anyone knows about it
  • Shane 2009/09/20 23:40:35
    Shane
    +1
    Reading
  • Just MEH....Piwan 2009/09/20 15:18:34
    Just MEH....Piwan
    +2
    I've always wanted to sell stuff on Ebay since I am a serious collector!
  • Leeaqua 2009/09/20 15:12:50
    Leeaqua
    +1
    Assassin - need I say more ? But in reality, I am a jack of all trades and master of many .
  • mae Leeaqua 2009/10/01 22:32:36
    mae
    +1
    WOW! I hope the FBI has your address. Shouldn't you turn yourself in?
  • Leeaqua mae 2009/10/01 22:42:06
    Leeaqua
    They're probably reserving a place for me right now. LOL : } Remember the Partiot Act ? It's not very patriotic at all upsurping our rights to privacy. I'm sure if I was suspect, I'd get a visit from the guys in dark glasses and trenchcoats .
  • mae Leeaqua 2009/10/01 23:45:57
    mae
    +1
    Andrew M. Manis is associate professor of history at Macon State College in Georgia and wrote this for an editorial in the Macon Telegraph .

WHEN Are WE Going to Get Over It?

For much of the last forty years, ever since America "fixed" its race problem in the Civil Rights and Voting Rights Acts, we white people have been impatient with African Americans who continued to blame race for their difficulties. Often we have heard whites ask, "When are African Americans finally going to get over it? Now I want to ask: "When are we White Americans going to get over our ridiculous obsession with skin color?
    Recent reports that "Election Spurs Hundreds' of Race Threats, Crimes" should frighten and infuriate every one of us. Having grown up in "Bombingham," Alabama in the 1960s, I remember overhearing an avalanche of comments about what many white classmates and their parents wanted to do to John and Bobby Kennedy and Martin Luther King . Eventually, as you may recall, in all three cases, someone decided to do more than "talk the talk."

Since our recent presidential election, to our eternal shame we are once again hearing the same reprehensible talk I remember from my boyhood.
    We white people have controlled political life in the disunited colonies and United States for some 400 ...

WHEN Are WE Going to Get Over It?

We white people have controlled political life in the disunited colonies and United States for some 400 years on this continent. Conservative whites have been in power 28 of the last 40 years. Even during the eight Clinton years, conservatives in Congress blocked most of his agenda and pulled him to the right. Yet never in that period did I read any headlines suggesting that anyone was calling for the assassinations of presidents Nixon, Ford, Reagan, or either of the Bushes. Criticize them, yes. Call for their impeachment, perhaps. But there were no bounties on their heads. And even when someone did try to kill Ronald Reagan , the perpetrator was non-political mental case who wanted merely to impress Jody Foster.
    But elect a liberal who happens to be Black and we're back in the sixties again. At this point in our history, we should be proud that we've proven what conservatives are always saying -- that in America anything is possible, EVEN electing a black man as president. But instead we now hear that school children from Maine to California are talking about wanting to "assassinate Obama."

Fighting the urge to throw up, I can only ask, "How long?" How long before we white people realize we can't make our nation, much less the whole world, look like us? How long until we white people can - once and for all - get over this hell-conceived preoccupation with skin color? How long until we white people get over the demonic conviction that white skin makes us superior? How long before we white people get over our bitter resentments about being demoted to the status of equality with non-whites?
    How long before we get over our expectations that we should be at the head of the line merely because of our white skin? How long until we white people end our silence and call out our peers when they share the latest racist jokes in the privacy of our white-only conversations?

I believe in free speech, but how long until we white people start making racist loudmouths as socially uncomfortable as we do flag burners? How long until we white people will stop insisting that blacks exercise personal responsibility, build strong families, educate themselves enough to edit the Harvard Law Review , and work hard enough to become President of the United States , only to threaten to assassinate them when they do?
    How long before we starting "living out the true meaning" of our creeds, both civil and religious, that all men and women are created equal and that "red and yellow, black and white" all are precious in God's sight?

Until this past November 4 , I didn't believe this country would ever elect an African American to the presidency. I still don't believe I'll live long enough to see us white people get over our racism problem. But here's my three-point plan: First, everyday that Barack Obama lives in the White House that Black Slaves Built, I'm going to pray that God (and the Secret Service ) will protect him and his family from us white people.

Second, I'm going to report to the FBI any white person I overhear saying, in seriousness or in jest, anything of a threatening nature about President Obama. Third, I'm going to pray to live long enough to see America surprise the world once again, when white people can "in spirit and in truth" sing of our damnable color prejudice, "We HAVE overcome."

*****************************...
    It takes a Village to protect our President!!!

I bet this woke up some people. People are shocked this came from a white reporter. Please pass on.

Let the Truth Be Told - An Awesome News piece - for those that didn't grow up in and or ever
    lived in the South, you may not be able to relate, but those of us that have, understand fully...
  • Leeaqua mae 2009/10/05 16:59:00
    Leeaqua
    Mae - I didn't mean to alarm you and you wrote a great piece above and I'm in total agreement with it . I was just being facetious when I said " Assasin " What I really always would have liked to do is invent an anti-gravity device that could be used for travel on the planet and in space. Much like the UFO's use to travel.
  • mae Leeaqua 2009/10/08 00:45:15
    mae
    +1
    Now that's a better ambition. Quite frankly, you frightened me. Someone might see it and try to recruite you with an insane amount of money and what started as a joke might boomerang into self and others destruction.
  • Leeaqua mae 2009/10/10 12:58:43
    Leeaqua
    Would never happen - I value all life too much.
  • mae Leeaqua 2009/10/12 18:59:35
    mae
    +1
    I hope so!
  • Leeaqua mae 2009/10/12 19:04:18
    Leeaqua
    Check my profile !
  • mae Leeaqua 2009/10/12 19:09:30
    mae
    +1
    Glad to learn about your love for sarcastic humor. However, there is no sarcasm in assassination. BTW, there is nothing like intelligent slapstick.....
  • Leeaqua mae 2009/10/12 19:10:57
    Leeaqua
    There are some people on this planet that truly deserve elimination . Might I suggest Mugabe for one ?
  • mae Leeaqua 2009/10/12 19:13:06
    mae
    How dare you! Did you not just deny this obsession of yours for assassinations?
  • Leeaqua mae 2009/10/12 19:16:10
    Leeaqua
    I said elimination - Seems that politically it didn't work. He shoiuld be in prison for life after all the misery he has caused in his nation.
  • mae Leeaqua 2009/10/12 19:23:10
    mae
    Elimination! Assassination, Killing, Slaughtering, Shooting, Gunning-down... all mean the same thing! You have no right to pass judgement and condemnation on anyone..... Should all the slave masters be eliminated too?
  • Leeaqua mae 2009/10/12 19:29:51
    Leeaqua
    It's your choice - sometimes abhorrant beings need abhorrent solutions ! I am against wars and killing but there comes a time when self defense is necessary against the aggressor . Or do you just turn the other cheek ?
  • mae Leeaqua 2009/10/16 07:52:06
    mae
    +1
    No, I will not just turn the other cheek but I will not soil my hands.....with blood.
  • Leeaqua mae 2009/10/18 17:49:54
    Leeaqua
    You would be an easy conquest were you a nation !
  • mae Leeaqua 2009/10/18 22:33:56
    mae
    Oh yeah! That sounds very unintelligent!
  • Leeaqua mae 2009/10/21 21:12:34
    Leeaqua
    ??????????????????
  • mae Leeaqua 2009/10/31 00:45:07
  • atlover 2009/09/20 09:01:38
    atlover
    +3
    i would love to be an astronaut! though heights scare me! loz
  • Johnny-O atlover 2009/09/20 13:21:33
    Johnny-O
    +2
    ...that might be a slight problem, lol!
  • atlover Johnny-O 2009/09/20 13:22:55
    atlover
    +2
    you think? ha i would die but wear even high heels cuz even they make me dizzy! and believe me i am not exxagerating
  • Just ME... atlover 2009/09/20 15:19:24
    Just MEH....Piwan
    +1
    Don't feel bad, I am also very much afraid of heights!!!!
  • atlover Just ME... 2009/09/21 08:58:32
    atlover
    +2
    really well i guess i ma not the only one that feels awkward being sooooo tall!
  • Just ME... atlover 2009/09/21 14:38:33
    Just MEH....Piwan
    +2
    I'm only 5'10", I just don't like heights! I have NEVER gotten on an airplane!!!
  • atlover Just ME... 2009/09/22 11:27:06
    atlover
    +2
    you are freakshly tall !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but my brother is 6!!!!!!!!! so i guess he beat you!
  • Just ME... atlover 2009/09/22 13:07:42 (edited)
    Just MEH....Piwan
    +2
    By some standards here I am rather short! How tall are you?
  • atlover Just ME... 2009/09/22 15:02:13
    atlover
    +2
    i am 5"5 or 5"6
  • Just ME... atlover 2009/09/22 17:34:54
    Just MEH....Piwan
    +2
    That's not tall, the way you were talking i thought you were 6 foot plus or so!!!!
  • atlover Just ME... 2009/09/23 07:58:57
    atlover
    +2
    but i feel quite tall you know infront of my friend who are not even 4 fet!!!!!!!!!!!!! and boy ARE YOU TALL!!!!!!!!

2014/10/30 19:14:53