What is 99% Spring

2012 Obama 2012/03/31 23:42:37

This is how you change a country for the better. Please take a minute to watch the video and visit the website.

April 9-15, 2012

100,000 Americans will train for non-violent direct action.

Our country is at a crossroads. We have a choice to make. Greater wealth for a few or opportunity for many. Tax breaks for the richest or a fair shot for the rest of us. A government that can be bought by the highest bidder, or a democracy that is truly of the people, by the people, and for the people.

The choice is in our hands. This spring we will act on that choice.
In the tradition of our forefathers and foremothers and inspired by today’s brave heroes in Occupy Wall Street and Madison, Wisconsin, we will prepare ourselves for sustained non-violent direct action.

From April 9-15 we will gather across America, 100,000 strong, in homes, places of worship, campuses and the streets to join together in the work of reclaiming our country. We will organize trainings to:

Tell the story of our economy: how we got here, who’s responsible, what a different future could look like, and what we can do about it
Learn the history of non-violent direct action, and
Get into action on our own campaigns to win change.

This spring we rise! We will reshape our country with our own hands and feet, bodies and hearts. We will take non-violent action in the spirit of Martin Luther King, Jr. and Gandhi to forge a new destiny one block, one neighborhood, one city, one state at a time.
We are the 99%. For the 100%. And this is our moment.

Go to the website to learn about 99% Spring training near you:

http://the99spring.com/100000-strong-the-99-spring/

RAVE IT OF YOU LIKE IT!

• wtxwoman 2012/04/01 00:42:35
    Looks interesting....
    wtxwoman
    +1
    I'd like to know more and to know what date.
  • 2012 Obama wtxwoman 2012/04/01 00:47:35
    2012 Obama
    +1
    This is all I know at this time but I will post updates as I get them:

http://the99spring.com/100000...
  • wtxwoman 2012 Obama 2012/04/01 01:58:37
    wtxwoman
    +1
    Thanks
  • Tea in the Harbor 2012/04/01 00:29:58
    Sign me up...
    Tea in the Harbor
    +1
    Actually, I've already signed me up.

A lot of people think the OWS movement is over, they couldn't be more wrong. It went around the world last fall in just a few weeks, but that's nothing compared to what is coming.
  • 2012 Obama Tea in ... 2012/04/01 00:47:59
    2012 Obama
    +2
    We are just getting started!
  • Primitive Christian 2012/03/31 23:46:26
    Primitive Christian
    I'm part of the 99% and the arrogant occupy movement doesn't represent me in any way.
  • 2012 Obama Primiti... 2012/03/31 23:50:56
    2012 Obama
    +2
    I doubt you know what the 99% is except what the media wants you to see.

• Primiti... 2012 Obama 2012/03/31 23:55:24
    Primitive Christian
    +2
    I'm familiar with the Occupy movement. You keep it non-violent and legal I'll support your right to protest to the death if necessary, you (corporate not personal) start pouring human waste all over floors again or block doors to legally operating businesses such as banks etc. I'll support your right to remain silent and to have legal representation.
  • 2012 Obama Primiti... 2012/04/01 00:01:52
    2012 Obama
    +2
    YOU don't make that decision for WE THE PEOPLE!
  • Primiti... 2012 Obama 2012/04/01 00:03:43
    Primitive Christian
    What decision are you speaking of?
  • Primiti... 2012 Obama 2012/04/01 00:35:01
    Primitive Christian
    By the way what makes you think you represent "We The People?" I'm more than sure that the majority of the people don't support the coating of floors with human waste or interfering with people going about their daily lives and personal business.
  • 2012 Obama Primiti... 2012/04/01 00:48:47
    2012 Obama
    +1
    You don't understand the movement and are focusing on very isolated incidents!
  • Primiti... 2012 Obama 2012/04/01 01:01:37
    Primitive Christian
    No I'm not, I realize these incidents are isolated what I am saying is that so long as you keep it legal and non-violent I will support your right to protest even though I don't agree with much of what I have heard from OWS. But if it isn't legal, if it isn't non-violent then I will support your right to representation once you are arrested. I also will be more than happy for my taxes to support you while you serve your prison term.
  • 2012 Obama Primiti... 2012/04/01 01:05:09 (edited)
    2012 Obama
    +1
    When the cops were beating black people for wanting to be served at a restaurant did you support the police ?

When the Vietnam Vets protested the wars and were shot by police did you support the police ?

When those peaceful OWS protesters were sprayed in the face with mace did you support the police that did it ?
  • Primiti... 2012 Obama 2012/04/01 01:22:32
    Primitive Christian
    Oh I see what you mean now. You intend to break the law. Nope not with you. You break the law I'm more than happy for you to go to jail. I don't support any type of brutality and I didn't then. But I have no problem with you being put in jail for breaking the law. If you offer no resistance you shouldn't be brutalized and if you are unjustly brutalized I will be as loud as I can be in your defense. Should only take 3 officers to safely carry you to the police vehicles.

2014/11/26 16:22:27