What have Republicans done for America in the past 10 years?

Quintessential Brother The Conservative Liberal 2010/01/13 18:05:53
I'm a TRUE conservative and Republicans haven't done anything.
I'm a Republican I we accomplished...
I'm an Independent and the Republicans accomplished this...
I'm an Independent and the Republicans haven't done anything.
I'm a Democrat and the Republicans accomplished this...
I'm a Democrat and the Republicans haven't done anything.
Can anyone name at least three things Republicans have done to help this country?

• Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥ 2010/04/19 19:01:09
    Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥
    +50
    If they are doing their jobs, politicians would have little to do except tend to their constituents. I don't live in a Republican-controlled State or County, though I myself am a registered Republican. The government has taken on too much, perhaps with good intent, but with ill-conceived ideas, and corrupt practices. How do they expect to do anything good. They should all first clean their own houses before trying to "fix" ours.

• dahacks 2011/02/03 20:37:02
    I'm a Republican I we accomplished...
    dahacks
    we exposed the left for the commies they are
  • Quintes... dahacks 2011/02/03 22:43:43
    Quintessential Brother The Conservative Liberal
    Thanks Glen!
  • Rochelle 2011/01/07 16:00:47 (edited)
    Rochelle
    +3
    They were part of the STRONG opposition to the destruction of constitutional principles going on in the 111th Congress and this administration. They sat quietly and did not have a huge white 'racist' uprising while the Democrats sabotaged and did what most of the US opposed.. UNFAIRLY. They waited patiently until elections and listened to the people and used the electionas opposed to radical coup d'etat like the other side would do and constantly threatens to do on congress czars and presidential mandates. They turned the other cheek while lies upon lies were voiced by grassroots liberal groups and media about them. They gave us time to identify RINOS ( REPUBLICANS IN NAME ONLY). It's a good start.
  • tea for... Rochelle 2011/02/03 22:46:29
    tea for you
    +1
    your kidding us are you . the republicans gave you a pledge and got your vote . wheres the pledge now ? in the job file next to the recycled BS
  • Phillip 2010/12/17 18:54:43
    Phillip
    +2
    Ignored intelligence reports, than 3000 Americans died because of the incompetence of the Republicans leadership.
    Gave welfare to the wealthy and corporate welfare.
    Destroyed the economy.
    The job growth remained flat for middle America, only the wealthy income soared and also corporate profits.
    Trying to dismember the Constitution.
    Invaded and occupied Iraq for the resources.
  • john br... Phillip 2011/01/07 19:49:00
  • Tiger john br... 2012/03/16 16:09:35
    Tiger
    +2
    Right on, brother
  • john br... Tiger 2012/03/16 16:26:00
  • Dmoe 2010/11/04 01:42:03
    Dmoe
    we will see now what the Republicans will do. All they have done over the last 18 months is bitch and moan about Obama and his liberal agenda. They haven't proposed anything that will help the middle class except keeping the Bush tax cuts for all the rich 2% in this country.
  • Michael Pruden 2010/09/10 00:04:13
    I'm a Republican I we accomplished...
    Michael Pruden
    +4
    -If I remember my wee bit of American History correctly, Lincoln was a member of the GOP so the Emancipation Proclamation counts.

-Betty Ford did a lot to take substance abuse out of the shadows and she did a tremendous amount for breast cancer awareness as well.

-It was the GOP that fought for and passed the Civil Rights bill.

-Security, Freedom, Capitalism and Morals.
  • Quintes... Michael... 2010/09/10 21:38:56
    I asked about the last ten years!
  • Tiger Michael... 2012/03/16 16:19:53
    Tiger
    +2
    So true..bravo!! And while the Dems would like the poor to believe they are helping them with their social programs, they are actually, and purposely keeping them poor and dependent on these programs.Republicans, however want to give the poor a"hand up", rather than a"hand out", so that the poor may rise up out of poverty and become productive members of society..with that comes self worth,dignity, less drug use, crime, more education and educated, etc.etc.etc.Dems play the two cards that the poor fall for every time...class warfare and race...Crying shame because We Republicans are NOT RACIST
  • None 2010/04/21 13:44:17
    None
    +3
    Actually...I wish they all would do much less. Bush fulfilled the primary function of gov. in keeping our country safe after the 9/11 attacks.
    Trouble is both were/are leading us down the wrong path...away from the founding intent for the role of gov. in our country.
    Politicians, and political parties are now in the game for their own power, and enrichment...the lifestyle.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com...
    Both national party committees spend big chunks on fancy meals, hotels, travel
    By R. Jeffrey Smith
    Washington Post Staff Writer
    Wednesday, April 21, 2010
  • clock 2010/04/21 12:54:45
    clock
    +3
    prevented other 9/11 attacks

upheld our right to defend ourselves vs crimminals

got schools to take teaching seriously again
  • Semper Fi 2010/04/21 12:46:57
    Semper Fi
    +6
    The real question is, what have the Dems done for us in the past year, and what's in store for America in the next three?
  • Prairie Wind 2010/04/20 21:27:50
    I'm a Republican I we accomplished...
    Prairie Wind
    +5
    The Republicans kept attacks from occuring upon our shores after 9/11.

republican accomplished republicans attacks occuring shores 911
  • william... Prairie... 2013/05/22 11:31:35
    william webber
    +1
    The key word is "after". Did you see the picture of George Bush after the towers were hit. He looked like a deer in the head lights. He didn't a clue. He was told by his own cabinet member Clark in August that Islamic terrorists were a threat to national security. What did he do in the face of that. Nothing, absolutely nothing. And then we go to war with Iraq after sends the entire bin laden family home on a private commercial jet the day of the attack. Left from Boston, no one was allowed in the air except the bin laden family back to Saudi Arabia. What a joke the right is. If you weren't so dangerous I'd laugh myself silly. If the GOP and the right is not racist? Why do you depict Obama as a monkey? I know why because the GOP was desperate to expand their party in 50's and employed the southern strategy, did it again in the 80's with evangelicals and again with the tea party recently. Why does the GOP have all the crazies, the racists, the Nazis, because without them they would only have the rich. They lust after anything that they can promote that tarnishes or debases Obama. Like these fake scandals of recent. A presidential scandal has to implicate a president like say; Iran/contra or Watergate. I'm just wondering will the GOP every propose legislation that actually helps ...
    The key word is "after". Did you see the picture of George Bush after the towers were hit. He looked like a deer in the head lights. He didn't a clue. He was told by his own cabinet member Clark in August that Islamic terrorists were a threat to national security. What did he do in the face of that. Nothing, absolutely nothing. And then we go to war with Iraq after sends the entire bin laden family home on a private commercial jet the day of the attack. Left from Boston, no one was allowed in the air except the bin laden family back to Saudi Arabia. What a joke the right is. If you weren't so dangerous I'd laugh myself silly. If the GOP and the right is not racist? Why do you depict Obama as a monkey? I know why because the GOP was desperate to expand their party in 50's and employed the southern strategy, did it again in the 80's with evangelicals and again with the tea party recently. Why does the GOP have all the crazies, the racists, the Nazis, because without them they would only have the rich. They lust after anything that they can promote that tarnishes or debases Obama. Like these fake scandals of recent. A presidential scandal has to implicate a president like say; Iran/contra or Watergate. I'm just wondering will the GOP every propose legislation that actually helps working folks and the middle class like 90% of the country. What kind of Koolaid do middle class republicans drink? What has the GOP done for you besides allow you to arm yourselves against our "tyrannical" gov't. LoL.
  • Prairie... william... 2013/05/23 05:07:34
    Prairie Wind
    Wow! Another baby troll!
  • 1206720 2010/04/20 13:43:47
  • texasred 2010/04/20 02:31:34
    texasred
    +8
    A hell of a lot more good than the bad Obama has done in the last year and a half.
  • john brenni 2010/04/20 01:19:25
  • Rochelle john br... 2011/01/07 16:15:09
    Rochelle
    +2
    Thanks. You hit many of the points I didn't list.
  • john br... Rochelle 2012/03/16 16:27:50
  • Gracie - Proud Conservative 2010/04/20 00:59:47
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    +11
    I'm certainly not a Ralph Nader voter. It's not really so much WHAT the Republicans have done, it's more WHAT they haven't done.

1) They didn't take over the automobile industry.

2) They didn't take over the healthcare industry.

3) They didn't take over the banking industry.

4) What they should have done is be more forceful when they knew Fannie and Freddie were imploding. Bush tried on multiple occasions, McCain did also but Barney Frank and Chris Dodd said that they were solvent. NOT SO MUCH!

5) Some did vote for TARP, at least not my favorite, Jim DeMint, and I'm grateful to him for that.

The problem is that there are Progressive Democrats and there are Progressive Republicans and the real conservative Republicans have never had a majority. I think we'll try and change that in November. It seems that the sleeping Americans with jobs are now awake and realize what this administration is trying to do.

The radicals are now in power and they need to go.
  • JohnElliot Gracie ... 2010/09/02 04:22:18
    JohnElliot
    +1
    Bush bailed out the 'too big to fail' banks. Here's the definition of TARP>>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...
  • Gracie ... JohnElliot 2010/09/02 21:30:01
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    +2
    You don't think I understand what it is and who was for it?
  • Gun665 2010/04/19 22:50:21
  • linda Gun665 2010/04/20 15:15:08
  • Gun665 linda 2010/04/20 18:26:27
  • Arky in Y'shua 2010/04/19 22:20:12
    Arky in Y'shua
    +8
    I grew up Democrat, and let me tell you, John F. Kennedy wasn't a bad President. But, I continued to grow up to realize the Party had left me. Some of their membership might say they left me behind; but when you're on a train bound for hell, I'm glad you left me behind.

I vote Republican to counter the Liberal/Progressive agenda, but I sure wish there was a better option.
  • Mrs. V 2010/04/19 21:42:52
    I'm a Republican I we accomplished...
    Mrs. V
    +1
    They have put more $$$ back in the pocket of the middle class. I least they have in mine.
    Just one year into the Progressive Agenda, and I did get a refund, but I made no money in 2009. The government had to give me back the majority of my prepaid quarterly taxes.
  • kmay 2010/04/19 21:38:55
    kmay
    +4
    Progressive and Liberal Democrats are the problem we need to deal with now!
  • Quintes... kmay 2010/04/19 21:52:19
    +2
    As well as the republicans!
  • kmay Quintes... 2010/04/19 22:58:11
    kmay
    +4
    Yes those who are progressives.
  • Bill in Niantic 2010/04/19 21:13:13
    Bill in Niantic
    +7
    They allowed the Progressives to advance the tryanny happening today.
    They got caught up in the Progressive tide and did not fight for the Constitution.
    We are letting all Politicians that Conservatives and Moderate Americans have awoken,and are going to defend America from the enemy within, the Progressives.
  • Quintes... Bill in... 2010/04/19 21:26:14
    "tryanny" that has a nice ring to it, too bad the rest of your claim doesn't hold water.
  • Bill in... Quintes... 2010/04/19 21:27:23
    Bill in Niantic
    +3
    So you say. Who says your an authority? You?
  • Quintes... Bill in... 2010/04/19 21:53:32
    All politicians are the enemy not just the republicans.
  • very Conservative "me" 2010/04/19 20:49:38 (edited)
    very Conservative "me"
    +9
    I think a better question is: How much more HARM have Progressives done in the past 15 months than ANYBODY has done in the last 50 years? Now that would be a question everyone could sink their teeth into. We're beyond Republican/Democrat what have they done. No one has done to us what this current corrupt adminstration has done and is doing. That should be all that matters right now.
  • Quintes... very Co... 2010/04/19 20:51:48
    That's for coming to the rave party, who invited you?

rave party invited

2014/09/17 17:32:18