What happens if the Supreme Court sinks ObamaCare?

chuck.larlham 2012/03/30 01:56:36
If the SCOTUS strikes
this down, it's being said the Democratic Party may not recover for a
generation. I'm more concerned about 50
million uninsured Americans.

Read More: http://politics.gather.com/viewArticle.action?arti...

• VERYwiseguy 2012/03/31 14:14:17
    Nothing happens, life goes on (for those fortunate enough to have insurance).
    VERYwiseguy
    Poor people die.I've saw it happen first hand so don't even think I'll debate this if you don't agree.
  • nothingbutthetruth 2012/03/30 07:44:13
    nothingbutthetruth
    And you will also sink with the ship! Hope you have your life jacket (millions in the bank to ride those high cost tides that the Insurance company will slap you with!)
  • she1040 2012/03/30 02:25:32
    she1040
    +1
    Enough of Dem rhetoric.
  • abubincrazy 2012/03/30 02:21:35
    abubincrazy
    +1
    I don't have it.
    By choice.
    Oh, WOE! Pray to the Big Brother gods for me!
    I guess some "benevolent" dictator needs to commandeer my life, steal the money I earn, and tell me how to live, huh, Chuck?
  • Razoreye001 2012/03/30 02:21:27
    Razoreye001
    Big backlash against the supreme court, it may create a big enough outrage that we could amend the constitution getting the individual mandate more support and probably make entanglement of money and politics illegal.
  • ὤTṻnde΄ӂ 2012/03/30 02:18:59
    If the SCOTUS strikes this down, it's being said the Democratic Party may not...
    ὤTṻnde΄ӂ
    Both answer choices are true. The Democratic Party will not be 'dead' if the SCOTUS rule on a political partisan decision. Democrats will say that they tried and it ended up being a political football.
    Everyone keeps bringing up this broccoli argument, including the idiot Scalia. If buying/eating broccoli were mandated and thousands/millions of people refuse to buy it, no one has to buy or eat their share. PPACA is unique. If people aren't made to purchase minimum insurance and then they fall ill or are in a horrendous accident, then they are expecting other people to pay their bills. Why is it okay to mandate that all of us with insurance have to pay for the freeloaders, but not okay to mandate personal responsibility?
  • flaca BN-0 2012/03/30 02:17:11
    flaca BN-0
    +1
    We go back to what we had before that even several republicans called "broken".
    The irony is it opens the door for single-payer which is what we really need. Considering that we spend twice as much on healthcare as the best of single payer systems, we could cut our costs by a third and still have the best single payer system in the world. if the euros are quite happy with their systems, why do we not acknowledge that?
  • FAWKES' NOOSE ~ ΔTX 2012/03/30 02:12:27 (edited)
    FAWKES' NOOSE ~ ΔTX
    +1
    Eventually they'll figure out that there is already a precedent for individual mandate and its called Social Security. I have to pay for it. Don't you?
  • no one here 2012/03/30 01:59:37
    no one here
    Baby, it is in the wroks : ) Big PRESENT FOR ALL OF US! ; )>-

2014/12/18 11:29:29