What else you don't know about Obama boyhood

millermedia 2012/05/14 03:03:00
Why it is so hard to learn about Obama's childhood?
I believe everything that the media reports about the candidates

Although the Washington Post this past week featured an extensive profile of Mitt Romney’s high school days, which alleged the presidential hopeful engaged in bullying, the news media has yet to probe important aspects of Obama’s early education that may evidence later radical ties.

In 2009, Obama’s attendance in a church Sunday school that espouses far-left politics and served as a sanctuary for draft dodgers from the Students for a Democratic Society during the time Bill Ayers was a leader in that organization.

Rev. Mike Young, pastor of First Unitarian Church of Honolulu, affirmed the congregation where Obama attended Sunday school as a boy has “always” been involved in political activism.

“The Sunday school has always been and to this day still is involved in political activism,” said Young.

“We are involved in community organizing, helping churches in foreign countries, social justice issues, like making sure inmates get dinner,” said Young, speaking from Hawaii.

While Obama’s membership as an adult in the controversial Trinity United Church of Christ has received widespread media attention, almost nothing has been reported about his Sunday school attendance at First Unitarian, a far-left activist church that may have helped provide the president’s initial political education.

Andrew Walden, publisher and editor of the Hawaii Free Press, dug up newspaper clippings from that period as well as print editions of “The Roach,” an SDS publication describing the group’s draft-dodging activism, including at the Unitarian church.

The SDS connection to Obama’s boyhood church is instrumental. During the 2008 presidential campaign, Obama notoriously brushed off Ayers’ extremism as irrelevant since most of the Weathermen radical’s violent actions were carried out when Obama was a kid.

“This is a guy [Ayers] who lives in my neighborhood … the notion that somehow as a consequence of me knowing somebody who engaged in detestable acts 40 years ago – when I was 8 years old – somehow reflects on me and my values doesn’t make much sense,” Obama said in 2008.

Obama, however, likely learned values during his Sunday school days at the First Unitarian in the early 1970s.

After living from age 7 with his mother and step-father in Indonesia, where he was enrolled as a Muslim under the name “Barry Soetoro” in public schools, Obama was sent back to Hawaii at age 11 in 1971 to reside with his grandmother. His mother moved back to Hawaii in 1972 and stayed there until 1977, when she relocated again to Indonesia, the world’s most populous Muslim nation.

In his autobiography, “Dreams from My Father,” Obama recounts on page 17 moving to Hawaii and being enrolled in the Unitarian church.

When Obama’s maternal grandmother died in November 2008, the memorial service, attended by the then-presidential candidate, was held in Honolulu’s Unitarian church.

Notorious hotbed of far-leftist activism

Young came to the Honolulu church in 1995. He claimed to WND the church and Sunday school is non-partisan. However, just as it is now, during Obama’s attendance in the early 1970s, the church was a hotbed of far-leftist activism.

The church notoriously granted sanctuary to U.S. military deserters recruited by the SDS. The deserters’ exploits at the church were front page news for months in 1969, including articles in the New York Times.

Eventually, the police raided the church as well as another nearby Honolulu worship house, Crossroads, that was also providing sanctuary to draft dodgers.

Aside from its early connections to the SDS, Young confirmed to WND his church was instrumental in founding the League of Women Voters and activating a local branch of the American Civil Liberties Union.

The church is still active is liberal politics. It reportedly helped to launch the Save Our Constitution effort to fight the constitutional amendment on same-sex marriages. In 2003, the church sponsored a Death with Dignity poll that collected a 72 percent response in favor of end-of-life legislation.

In February 2003, the Unitarian church celebrated its 50th anniversary at a ceremony replete with “Liberal Religion for 50 Years” T-shirts.

The Honolulu Star-Bulletin reported bumper stickers on cars outside the church gave insight into its members’ beliefs: “No War.” “If you want peace, work for justice.” “An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.”

• jon 2012/05/25 15:24:58
  • Pedro Doller ~Inc. 2012/05/19 12:23:50
    Pedro Doller ~Inc.
    +1
    The reason nothing is said is because nothing exists. The 0 is a fictional character played by an actor. The character was created by Bill Ayers and company. What do you know about James Bond's, Jason Bourne's, Walter Mitty's or Chauncey Gardiner's childhood, girlfriends hobbies etc.? Nothing beyond the script, they are fictional characters also.
  • Diane Spraggs Yates 2012/05/15 12:40:49 (edited)
    Diane Spraggs Yates
    +1
    His mom was married to 2 muslims and Keyan father not exactly your ALL American family !!!!!
  • LarryFine 2012/05/15 12:32:20
    LarryFine
    +1
    The puppets of the propaganda ministry are not doing their jobs. That's why we have an occupant in the WH whose past is practically unkown... except for the sound bites we are fed.
  • Diana 2012/05/14 23:09:41
    Diana
    +1
    He must be hiding something.I would love to know what it is.I know he took drugs.
  • Heather 2012/05/14 17:56:35
    Heather
    I don't need to know about his boyhood.
  • JuliaLoren 2012/05/14 17:53:43
    JuliaLoren
    +2
    id hate to see what people would pull up about me if i was running for office... my parents took me to many churches when i was little!!!! OMG! and! i went to a gay pride festival to support my aunt when i was 18!!! and! i drink and smoke!!! and!! i have pictures of me with Muslim people!! and!! i was adopted so my birth records might be hard to get the original...... SO!! i must be a terrorist, and the worst thing for the country.
  • carolynb 2012/05/14 15:24:57
    carolynb
    +2
    Pes Obama was a child who had no say so in his life. He didnt cook for himself so he had no choice but to eat what was given to him. He had no choice in schools, so he went to the school of his parents choice. This is all crazy, stupid, and irrevalent. Now, Romney, on the other hand, was old enough to either act like an adult or like a rich, spoiled brat, and we all heard the choice he picked.
  • ally 2012/05/14 15:21:10
    ally
    +2
    Did you have a say about where you lived or what church/religion to believe in as a child?
  • ProudProgressive 2012/05/14 14:58:37
    ProudProgressive
    +2
    LOL it's good to see that the Right Wing is so desperate to find ANYTHING to distract the public from the growing list of f*ckups in Mitt Romney's past. So let's get this straight - when the President was 12 years old he went to church. [Note for future reference the next time you accuse him of being a Muslim that the first thing he did when he returned from Indonesia was to attend a church.] Bill Ayers never attended that church. There's no suggestion that Bill Ayers has ever even been to Hawaii. And far from being "extremists", it sounds like this church was in line with the majority of Americans who opposed the increasingly messy and unwinnable war in Viet Nam. Too bad Romney was off draft dodging in France to get involved (although he did have time to attend one "PRO Viet Nam War" rally).

You can't fight Obama on the issues, you can't escape Romney's history of bigotry, you condemn the President for attending a mainstream church when he was 12 years old but ignore the fact that the other candidate believes that God lives on the planet Kolob and that Jesus and Satan were brothers, so now you once again revert to the "palling around with terrorists" bullsh*t. No WONDER the Right is convinced that only by suppressing millions of votes will they have any chance of stealing another election.
  • OPOA912 2012/05/14 14:20:42
    OPOA912
    +1
    All you have to do is listen to OZbama in his own words, either in the book "dreams of my father" or his campaign speeches. The Selma Alabama story is one of the best examples of his lies for votes concept.
  • DS in Oak Ridge NC 2012/05/14 12:39:37
    DS in Oak Ridge NC
    +1
    Why try so hard to hide facts if they're not disturbing, or contradict the false narrative.
  • ProudPr... DS in O... 2012/05/14 15:21:22
    ProudProgressive
    Good point. That's why no one is trying to hide facts.
  • BlytheSpirit~bn0 2012/05/14 06:30:22
    BlytheSpirit~bn0
    “No War.” “If you want peace, work for justice.” “An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.”

What in the world is wrong with any of these ideas? Are you saying that you want war? Are you saying that you do not want peace or justice? Really? If so, I'll take that church and Sunday School over you any day of the year and I have a sneaking suspicion that Jesus would too. Sounds like just the place he was talking about in the New Testament.
  • ProudPr... BlytheS... 2012/05/14 15:22:36
    ProudProgressive
    +1
    Apparently if you weren't raised in a church that thinks that women are the slaves of their husbands and that blacks and muslims aren't worthy of human life you're a "left wing radical."
  • KilrQueen 2012/05/14 04:33:45
    KilrQueen
    +2
    Because someone is paying to keep his crap quite.
    +2
    The media will not allow anything negative about Obama to come out--they are the leftist propaganda Obama machine! Why can't the libs see this or they don't care!
  • ProudPr... wtw 2012/05/14 15:25:21
    ProudProgressive
    Give us a break. If the President sneezes the media accuses him of trying to start an epidemic. President Obama gets more negative coverage by far than any other politician. And the false equivalencies that the media constantly tries and fails to create when another Republican fail is exposed is even worse. Mitt Romney went around beating up gay people when he was in his late teens. President Obama went to the Church his mother sent him to when he was 12. Romney ignored human rights. The Church the President attended defended those rights. Some equivalency.
  • CUDDLY BUT STILL CRABBY 2012/05/14 03:41:32
    CUDDLY BUT STILL CRABBY
    +1
    The major MSM is in overdrive mode ........... busier than a one-legged man at an ass kicking contest to provide cover and diversion from the disastrous presidency of Obama and divert attention elsewhere. Same story in 2008. Are you surprised?
  • john Kills 2012/05/14 03:31:43
    john Kills
    +1
    Because he has spent a fortune to cover up his past and Americans are too weak and scared to force the issues.
  • Flamingolady 2012/05/14 03:26:55
    Flamingolady
    +2
    Most of BO's life is a composite. Nothing he will reveal is the whole truth, and most of the truth about his life he won't reveal. This to me is more revealing than anything we do know about him. A person who tries to hide the truth usually has something to hide. BO says it here, himself and then the video goes on to out his Social Security number as being fraudulent.
  • ProudPr... Flaming... 2012/05/14 15:26:17
    ProudProgressive
    +1
    Give it up. The social security number vast conspiracy theory never had any legs to begin with and now it's been a joke for about three years. The President hasn't hidden anything and hasn't lied about anything.
  • flaca BN-0 2012/05/14 03:20:20
    flaca BN-0
    +2
    boyhood is the main word here
    let me ask you, do boys have a say?
    Obama lived in Indonesia for 3 years between ages 6-9. What say did he have in that?
  • Rusty S... flaca BN-0 2012/05/14 10:33:58
    Rusty Shackleford
    +1
    Was 0bama raised as an American?
  • ProudPr... Rusty S... 2012/05/14 15:26:31
    ProudProgressive
    Yes, he was. Were you?
  • Rusty S... ProudPr... 2012/05/14 15:43:38
    Rusty Shackleford
    +1
    Yes, I was raised to cherish rugged individualism.
  • ProudPr... Rusty S... 2012/05/14 16:05:05
    ProudProgressive
    And yet you turned out to be a lemming.

republican lemming
  • Rusty S... ProudPr... 2012/05/14 16:17:54
    Rusty Shackleford
    +1
    That reminds me of 0bama's campaign slogan, "Forward!"
  • ProudPr... Rusty S... 2012/05/14 16:36:13
    ProudProgressive
    As I said, the whole "rugged individualism" thing seems to have fallen by the wayside. Bring a life preserver.

lemmings
  • Rusty S... ProudPr... 2012/05/14 16:38:21
    Rusty Shackleford
    +1
    Yes, we all know that you are no fan of individualism, you prefer that the individual be compelled to submit his will to the community.
  • ProudPr... Rusty S... 2012/05/14 16:41:13 (edited)
    ProudProgressive
    When have I or President Obama ever suggested anything of the kind?
  • Rusty S... ProudPr... 2012/05/14 16:44:08
    Rusty Shackleford
    +1
    You're a progressive.
  • ProudPr... Rusty S... 2012/05/14 19:51:56
    ProudProgressive
    That's right. I'm in favor of progress. I believe that the role of government is to create opportunities for individuals to better themselves. I believe that individual rights are paramount, and that the government has an obligation to intervene when someone, whether it's the Catholic Church or the State of Arizona or the State of North Carolina, tries to deprive people of their individual rights. I don't believe that a Church or a Corporation have the right to dictate what individuals can or cannot do. I don't believe that corporations have the right to buy elections. I believe that we should encourage every eligible voter to vote rather than trying to erect barriers to the exercise of such a basic right.
  • Rusty S... ProudPr... 2012/05/15 13:35:32
    Rusty Shackleford
    +1
    Which article of our Constitution authorizes the federal government to create opportunities?
  • ProudPr... Rusty S... 2012/05/15 22:39:41
    ProudProgressive
    "Promote the General Welfare"
    "Secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity"
    "Equal protection of the laws"
  • Rusty S... ProudPr... 2012/05/16 00:48:40

2014/07/25 13:43:50