What does the tea party really want ? And do they really know ?

NYLady 2010/02/19 21:58:43
I know they don't like taxes- well none of us like to pay taxes but that's something we got to do if we want certain things. They want small government yet they call themselves patriotic .Well If you don't like YOUR government how can you be patriotic? It is hard to know what they want since they want a strong military, but don’t want to pay for it . They don’t like social programs, but they accept social security and want medicare fixed. They don’t like the federal bailout of our financial markets, but they be mad if their bank collapsed and their investments went down the drain. If we actually do what they want we be like a third world country with no government control . After all it was less government regulations that got us in the financial mess.

After reading the replies I have concluded they don't know what they want nor do they

Read More: http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/24/bush.bailou...

• JerryWilson 2011/02/03 14:13:26
    JerryWilson
    +3
    From my research, I have found only three things that almost all tea party members have in common. It's not limited government; it's not limited taxation. It is...
    1. They love God and believe this country was founded on Christian principals.
    2. They love their guns.
    3. They hate Obama (You can decide for what reason since most of them don't really know why.)

As an atheist, and a free American, I reject #1.
    As a person who would hate to get shot and hates to see and read about all the gun violence in this country, I can't understand #2. Guns should be highly regulated.
    I voted for Obama and think he is doing a fine job. So I reject #3.
    I guess I'm not in the tea party then.

• JerryWilson 2011/02/03 14:13:26
    JerryWilson
    +3
    2. They love their guns.

I guess I'm not in the tea party then.
  • Rational 2010/05/21 20:07:39 (edited)
    Rational
    +1
    Hey, HulaGirl:

What happens when YOU lose your job? What about when YOU get a catastrophic illness? What happens when YOU turn 65 and need medical care? What happens when YOU turn 65 and retire? What happens when a natural disaster strikes YOU?...

I'll tell you:

- You will apply for unemployment.
    - You will look at Medicaid.
    - You will be elligible for and collect Medicare.
    - You will collect Social Security.
    - You will scream for FEMA to rescue you and the Fed Gov to provide low interest loans to rebuild.

This is what YOU will do. So don't spew your garbage about "Limited Services". I bet a bucket of silver dollars against a pile of pig manure that you are first in line for the above.
  • NYLady 2010/03/01 13:37:38
    NYLady
    I am all for dissent as long as you know what you really want . Where were these people when OUR government took us to war with Iran under false pretenses? How do these people feel about cutting our military - because of you dont pay taxes you can't have one- Military is RUN by the US government - which they think is so bad. Right now we don't have rights with health care - the insurance companies are dictating our care. I love to have my doctor be the one to say what I can have done not some insurance company. Please every country has a bit of socialism except that is the third world countries a good working government is what we need NOT a weak one.
  • santa6642 2010/02/20 00:04:09 (edited)
    santa6642
    Honesty ,freedom,& justice,from a very large government.as we have now.Follow the constitution.
  • Edward 2010/02/19 22:39:26
    Edward
    i think most want an honest government without the greed and corruption and one that listens to the people. honest government greed corruption listens people
  • Hula girl - Friends not Fol... 2010/02/19 22:34:56
    Hula girl - Friends not Followers
    +1
    We want what the foundering fathers set up for this country. We want limited We W

I see by your post you know nothing of how or why this country was founded. I see you don't understand civics.

We want Government as it was intended which was limited. We want the rights of the people...as it was intended not government over the people. The country is not suppose to go into debt...if we don't have the money we shouldn't be spending. Why should the Chinese, the Japanese and all the other nations loaning our money so you can have your needless programs? There is billions being wasted on garbage and that needs to stop.

Wanting Big Government isn't Patriotic...that's anti Republic and Anti Constitution. That is not what this country was founded on. That's the opposite of why this country was made a Republic.

If you want a dictatorship or a kingdom then go and live in a country that holds those values...this one does not.

Government was only to be limited and the services were to provide for the fire department the police and the limited government it was never to provide anyone with a bail out nor health. Those aren't rights...those are privileges that you can buy yourself.
    No we don't want banks to be bailed out and if they collapse because they failed so be it tha...

No we don't want banks to be bailed out and if they collapse because they failed so be it that's why they are insured to protect the people that have their money with that bank. If a person have more than the insured amount that's their fault as they are told right up front what the insured amount is.

No we don't want the government paying for wooden arrow production or a turtle crossing or all the other billions of wasteful pork. No we don't want to subsidize every passenger on a flight from the John Murtha Airport at more than a $100.00 for every person when hundreds of millions of waste all ready when there and yet there are real poor people that need the help.

You bet we want reform on Social Security and Medicare as put as intended. It was never to be a retirement account it was to help those that needed if they were ill and lost their job or that little old lady whose husband had died and had left her nothing. It was the Democrats that stole our Social Security money and put it into the general fund for them to spend it anyway they can. Yes we need reform. I have personally helped the homeless right here in town that get their social security check and yes some are in their 30's and they run down on pay day and buy their drug hit. I've seen it first hand over and over again. I know when they get their checks by how many pushers are out on the street. Why wouldn't anyone want reform over that?

Families were never suppose to shove their elderly parents in a nursing home and make the rest of us pay for their care. Where is the family taking care of the elderly like before. I see the elderly in the nursing homes and the family never even comes to visit. That isn't the job of we the people....that is the job of the family. I that person doesn't have a family...then accommodations can be made and that's why medicare was set up in the first place.
    If we followed the principles in which Social Security and Medicare was first set up then men of today could not claim on it until they were 75 and women were 80. The life expectancy was much lower and the majority of people died when they were in their early 60's then. The 60's now is still young.

When has the government ever ever run something well? The private sector makes the money....government never does.

The problem with Socialism and government jobs is eventually you run out of citizen that fund them. Government never makes money.

Learn about your country instead you might do yourself some good.
  • NYLady Hula gi... 2010/03/01 14:04:16
    NYLady
    I don't think YOU KNOW or understand history at all. We were NOT founded on limted government .
    Rather, Americans objected to the principle of any tax imposed upon them by government officials that they had no voice in choosing. The colonists did not object to payment of taxes. They objected to payment of certain types of taxes they believed the English Parliament had no authority to impose.
    We elect our officials . They wanted democracy where a majority rules - that is what we have now . Obama Won by a majority . But somehow the minority thinks they should rule.
    The hypocrisy of the movement is they really do want government control in some areas but not in others. Why should it be them who determines what areas the government should be in and what they shouldn't ?
    We hold elections - Democracy rules and we should abide by the majority - That majority picked Obama and we Wanted health care reform - yet hearing the loudmouths you think the opposite!
    Next election you can vote - Thats what the founding fathers wanted. Majority RULES
  • Hula gi... NYLady 2010/03/01 21:20:22
    Hula girl - Friends not Followers
    +1
    Oh my my my dear NYLady. Reading your note above breaks my heart how the progressive education system has led you so far down a path of lies you have no clue of who we are as a nation. I don't blame you other than you have chosen to never question your teachers or you never learned the Declaration of Independence or the Constitution.

No my dear we are not a Democracy and never have been. We are a Republic and always have been. We are a Democratic Republic meaning we get to vote but it's not even a majority rules as we have

Have you never listened or repeated the Pledge of Alligence? Where is there Democracy in that...We pledge to a Republic not a democracy.

We have limited government. We are a Republic, One nation under God .....

I'm going to spend a few minutes to give you information and you can choose to read it and research or not and if you choose not that is your ignorance that will stay. Or you can choose to get education on the facts of our true history not the lies the progressive professors have been dishing out. The progressive movement started changing the text books first in the late 1930's and then the 40's but a major shift took place after 1963. The text books of mine or even my parents are not the revisionist text books of today.

There is a wonderful 10 disk DV...

There is a wonderful 10 disk DVD series I can recommend from historians that are often called upon by the Supreme Court when a case comes to trial and a founding fathers intent on the Constitution needs to be defined and all the information is backed up with historical documented fact.

Rome was a Republic and then progressive liberals like your teachers slowly changed it to a Democracy and it started to crumble and then fell. That is what is happening to America and this is what we that are informed, have researched and know our true history are fighting so hard to save. We know the history of how democracy's fell.

We are have the longest running Constitutional Republic in the history of man kind. Here is a brief country history lesson. The French had their Revolution just after ours by about 10 years and yet they have had 15 new Constitutions due to the unstable of their countries. Keep in mind new Constitution are a bad thing not a good thing. They are the fall of a country to a new regime taking over.
    Brazil has had seven just since 1822
    Poland has had 6 since 1821
    Afghanistan 5 since 1923
    Russia 4 since 1918
    Political instability throughout the world to this day. The same in many nations as well in Europe, Africa, South America and the rest.....except the United States of America. Nations come and go yet because of our Constitution because of our freedom of the people we have stayed strong despite all the turmoil around. We have had the technological power of weaponry yet we never used it to rule only to free. We never took a trophy in a fight we fought for freedom for the people and gave their countries back to them instead of the dictators that were trying to control. We are the only nation on earth to do that in history.

At the close of the Constitutional Convention in Philadelphia on September 18, 1787, a Mrs. Powel anxiously awaited the results, and as Benjamin Franklin emerged from the long task now finished, asked him directly: "Well Doctor, what have we got, a republic or a monarchy?" "A republic if you can keep it" responded Franklin.
    The term republic had a significant meaning for both of them and all early Americans. It meant a lot more than just representative government and was a form of government in stark contrast to pure democracy where the majority dictated laws and rights. And getting rid of the English monarchy was what the Revolution was all about, so a monarchy was out of the question.
    The American Republic required strict limitation of government power. Those powers permitted would be precisely defined and delegated by the people, with all public officials being bound by their oath of office to uphold the Constitution. The democratic process would be limited to the election of our leaders and not used for granting special privileges to any group or individual nor for defining rights.
    Federalism, the binding together loosely of the several states, would serve to prevent the concentration of power in a central government and was a crucial element in the new Republic. The authors of the Constitution wrote strict limits on the national government and strove to protect the rights and powers of the states and the people.
    Dividing and keeping separate the legislative, executive, and the judiciary branches, provided the checks and balances thought needed to preserve the Republic the Constitution created and the best way to preserve individual liberty.
    The American Revolutionaries clearly chose liberty over security, for their economic security and their very lives were threatened by undertaking the job of forming a new and limited government. Most would have been a lot richer and safer by sticking with the King. Economic needs or desires were not the driving force behind the early American patriotic effort.
    The Revolution and subsequent Constitution settled the question as to which authority should rule man's action: the individual or the state. The authors of the Constitution clearly understood that man has free will to make personal choices and be responsible for the consequences of his own actions. Man, they knew, was not to be simply a cog in a wheel, or a single cell of an organism, or a branch of a tree, but an individual with a free will and responsibility for his eternal soul as well as his life on earth. If God could permit spiritual freedom, government certainly ought to permit the political freedom that allows one to pursue life's dreams and assume one's responsibilities. If man can achieve spiritual redemption through grace, which allows him to use the released spiritual energy to pursue man's highest and noblest goals, so should man's mind, body, and property be freed from the burdens of unchecked government authority. The Founders were confident that this would release the creative human energy required to produce the goods and services that would improve the living standards of all mankind.
    Minimizing government authority over the people was critical to this endeavor. Just as the individual was key to salvation, individual effort was the key to worldly endeavors. Little doubt existed that material abundance and sustenance came from work and effort, family, friends, church, and voluntary community action, as long as government did not obstruct.
    No doubts were cast as to where rights came from. They came from the Creator, and if government could not grant rights to individuals, it surely should not be able to take them away. If government could provide rights or privileges, it was reasoned, it could only occur at the expense of someone else or with the loss of personal liberty in general. Our constitutional Republic, according to our Founders, should above all else protect the rights of the minority against the abuses of an authoritarian majority. They feared democracy as much as monarchy and demanded a weak executive, a restrained court, and a handicapped legislature.
    It was clearly recognized that equal justice and protection of the minority was not egalitarianism. Socialism and welfare were never considered.
    The colonists wanted to be free of the King's oppressive high taxes and burdensome regulations. It annoyed them to no end that even the trees on their own property could not be cut without the King's permission. The King kept the best trees for himself and his shipbuilding industry. This violation of property ownership prompted the colonists to use the pine tree on an early revolutionary flag to symbolize the freedom they sought.
    The Constitution made it clear that the government was not to interfere with productive non-violent human energy. This is the key element that has permitted America's great achievements. It was a great plan; we should all be thankful for the bravery and wisdom of those who established this nation and secured the Constitution for us. We have been the political and economic envy of the world. We have truly been blessed. The Founders often spoke of "divine providence" and that God willed us this great nation. It has been a grand experiment, but it is important that the fundamental moral premises that underpin this nation are understood and maintained.

You talk of money/taxes being the motive of why the founding fathers separated from the King. I see you have learned well the Revisionists teachers history because that is the history that they would love for you to learn and we can trace it back to the history books in which they started twisting facts. Have you not read the Declaration of Independence? The Founding Father's were very careful to put exactly the order of importance in which they separated from England....guess what, the very mention of money is way way down the list...if it was so important why isn't it number one or two.

Here read it again. I keep a copy on my desk along with the Constitution and I grew with it on the walls of our home in beautiful frames in the den as a reminder of who we were as a nation. My fathers family on his fathers mothers side is one of our early politicians who served famously in the White House. I learned History very young.

I'll attached a few things for you to study....and please take the time or remain with your mind in the dark.

If you choose to remain ignorant to the truth you yourself will be one of the Gogs in the wheel that are helping to destroy this country not any Tea Party People we are the ones that know facts and are working hard to save our Republic.
  • Hula gi... Hula gi... 2010/03/01 21:48:16
    Hula girl - Friends not Followers
    +1
    Dear, If we were a Democracy that bunch of cowboys riding down the road in the old west could have some by some thief and stung him up right there at the nearest tree weather he was guilty or not. In a Republic the man deserved a trial and hearing.

In a Democracy the men that destroyed the World Trade Center could be killed immediately because most of the nation doesn't want them to get away from their crimes but because we are a Republic they get a trial even if it comes down to a military trial which is used for foreigners in war.

We are a nation of laws not the free whim of the people.

Did you know that it's not the people in a majority in a Presidential election that make that vote valid? Nope...it is in fact the electoral college that are the ones that elect the President. The electoral is derived by the representative votes in States and are divided fairly so that one State can be packed with people and have more influence dramatically than a State that has a lot of land such as farmers, so instance the people in the cities couldn't out vote the places were there were more farmers.

Oh, if you don't know how that works go to Bolivia...I've been there while the Farmers were protesting as they had no rights yet if that same farmer moved into the city then they could vote. T...

Oh, if you don't know how that works go to Bolivia...I've been there while the Farmers were protesting as they had no rights yet if that same farmer moved into the city then they could vote. The farmers have their land taken away from them by the government because they have no rights (or didn't when I was there and they were fighting for those rights).

You might like to learn what the electoral college does as they in fact cast our vote. They in fact can and historical have changed a States vote of the majority if they have a reason to do so. In our voting in each State we are in essence telling the electoral college who we would like them to cast their vote for us in our State. Here's a link from the U.S. archives so you can learn and verify this information. http://www.archives.gov/feder...

Study what a Republic is...and the damage what a Democracy does.

Why would you want a Democracy when you as an Individual has more rights in our Republic?
    If it was as you said then the Tea Party movement could sweep you off your feet because there are far more of us now than Progressives in this country.

We have grown accustomed to hearing that we are a democracy; such was never the intent. The form of government entrusted to us by our Founders was a republic, not a democracy.1 Our Founders had an opportunity to establish a democracy in America and chose not to. In fact, the Founders made clear that we were not, and were never to become, a democracy:

Democracies have ever been spectacles of turbulence and contention; have ever been found incompatible with personal security, or the rights of property; and have, in general, been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths. James Madison
    Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide John Adams

A democracy is a volcano which conceals the fiery materials of its own destruction. These will produce an eruption and carry desolation in their way. The known propensity of a democracy is to licentiousness [excessive license] which the ambitious call, and ignorant believe to be liberty. Fisher Ames, Author of the House Language for the First Amendment

We have seen the tumult of democracy terminate . . . as it has everywhere terminated, in despotism. . . . Democracy! savage and wild. Thou who wouldst bring down the virtuous and wise to thy level of folly and guilt. Gouverneur Morris, Signer and Penman of the Constitution

The experience of all former ages had shown that of all human governments, democracy was the most unstable, fluctuating and short-lived. John Quincy Adams

A simple democracy . . . is one of the greatest of evils. Benjamin Rush, Signer of the Declaration

In democracy . . . there are commonly tumults and disorders. . . . Therefore a pure democracy is generally a very bad government. It is often the most tyrannical government on earth. Noah Webster

Pure democracy cannot subsist long nor be carried far into the departments of state, it is very subject to caprice and the madness of popular rage. John Witherspoon, Signer of the Declaration

It may generally be remarked that the more a government resembles a pure democracy the more they abound with disorder and confusion. Zephaniah Swift, Author of America's First Legal Text

Many Americans today seem to be unable to define the difference between the two, but there is a difference, a big difference. That difference rests in the source of authority.

A pure democracy operates by direct majority vote of the people. When an issue is to be decided, the entire population votes on it; the majority wins and rules. A republic differs in that the general population elects representatives who then pass laws to govern the nation. A democracy is the rule by majority feeling (what the Founders described as a "mobocracy"; a republic is rule by law. If the source of law for a democracy is the popular feeling of the people, then what is the source of law for the American republic? According to Founder Noah Webster:

Our citizens should early understand that the genuine source of correct republican principles is the Bible, particularly the New Testament, or the Christian religion.

The transcendent values of Biblical natural law were the foundation of the American republic. Consider the stability this provides: in our republic, murder will always be a crime, for it is always a crime according to the Word of God. however, in a democracy, if majority of the people decide that murder is no longer a crime, murder will no longer be a crime.

America's immutable principles of right and wrong were not based on the rapidly fluctuating feelings and emotions of the people but rather on what Montesquieu identified as the "principles that do not change."Benjamin Rush similarly observed:

Where there is no law, there is no liberty; and nothing deserves the name of law but that which is certain and universal in its operation upon all the members of the community.

In the American republic, the "principles which did not change" and which were "certain and universal in their operation upon all the members of the community" were the principles of Biblical natural law. In fact, so firmly were these principles ensconced in the American republic that early law books taught that government was free to set its own policy only if God had not ruled in an area. For example, Blackstone's Commentaries explained:

To instance in the case of murder: this is expressly forbidden by the Divine. . . . If any human law should allow or enjoin us to commit it we are bound to transgress that human law. . . . But, with regard to matters that are . . . not commanded or forbidden by those superior laws such, for instance, as exporting of wool into foreign countries; here the . . . legislature has scope and opportunity to interpose.

The Founders echoed that theme:
    All laws, however, may be arranged in two different classes. 1) Divine. 2) Human. . . . But it should always be remembered that this law, natural or revealed, made for men or for nations, flows from the same Divine source: it is the law of God. . . . Human law must rest its authority ultimately upon the authority of that law which is Divine. James Wilson, Signer of the Constitution; U. S. Supreme Court Justice

The law . . . dictated by God Himself is, of course, superior in obligation to any other. It is binding over all the globe, in all countries, and at all times. No human laws are of any validity if contrary to this. Alexander Hamilton, Signer of the Constitution

The . . . law established by the Creator . . . extends over the whole globe, is everywhere and at all times binding upon mankind. . . . This is the law of God by which he makes his way known to man and is paramount to all human control. Rufus King, Signer of the Constitution

The Founders understood that Biblical values formed the basis of the republic and that the republic would be destroyed if the people's knowledge of those values should ever be lost.
  • cbb Hula gi... 2011/07/12 15:33:42 (edited)
    cbb
    +3
    I think you must be joking with everyone because no one could actually think they way you do.

First of all the "under God" was added to the pledge in the post WWII era and the majority of the Founding Fathers were Deitists at best. They did not base the Constitution on God. I believe in God but I also believe in separation of Church and State.

I agree we are not a pure Democracy but we are also not a pure Republic. Get over it - we are what we are now!

The other thing is everyone wants government control, Republicans, Democrats, Tea Partiers - the difference is in WHAT they want the government to control. Socialist paradise? There is no such thing in a country this large but there is the Fascist element that seems to be sliding in under the guise of "protection".

I understand that you feel what you think is the best for the Nation or do you? Or is it what is best for you? The Tea Party is clouding issues and blowing smoke up the less intelligent citizen's butt. When we should be alert to other things going on. There are weird things going on in the nation now and it is really unsettling. Loss of personal freedoms, barbell socio-economics, attacks on the Constitution, educating sheep not leaders, and down right hatefulness (American being turned against other American...

I understand that you feel what you think is the best for the Nation or do you? Or is it what is best for you? The Tea Party is clouding issues and blowing smoke up the less intelligent citizen's butt. When we should be alert to other things going on. There are weird things going on in the nation now and it is really unsettling. Loss of personal freedoms, barbell socio-economics, attacks on the Constitution, educating sheep not leaders, and down right hatefulness (American being turned against other Americans) are just a few of the critical issues.

It would serve the country better if we would look to what is best for ALL Americans and not the special interest groups. We have some serious issues to address and we need to come together to find solutions not just blame. I love this country and to me the most Patriotic thing to do is work together to make it strong once again and at the front of the world's nations.
  • NYLady Hula gi... 2010/03/05 03:12:05
    NYLady
    HULA girl You listen to too much newsmax and right wing pundits . What you fail to understand is that democracies and republics overlap. They are not opposites.
    And,a democracy is a kind of republic.
    America has been a Republic. But over the last two centuries (when you were sleeping ) it has been made into a democracy as well, a representative democracy, also know as a democratic republic.

The main Amendment that changed the national government of the United States from being a republic to being a true representative democracy was the often-overlooked Seventeenth Amendment, which took effect in 1913. Since 1913 the U.S. Senate has been elected directly by the voters, rather than being appointed by the state legislatures. That makes the national government democratic in form, as well as being a republic.

The word "God" does not appear within the text of the Constitution of the United States.
    And you were mentioning our founding fathers well our founding fathers Did NOT have the word god in the pledge of allegience .
    the Pledge of Allegiance does not date to the founding of America. Because it was not created until near the end of the 19th century,
    Secondly, the words “under God” are an even more recent addition. this is the original one written by Francis Bellamy on O...

And,a democracy is a kind of republic.

Secondly, the words “under God” are an even more recent addition. this is the original one written by Francis Bellamy on October 11, 1892, I pledge allegiance to my Flag,
    and to the Republic for which it stands:
    one Nation indivisible,
    With Liberty and Justice for all.

Article I, US constitution which includes , the "Power to lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States." the power "To Borrow Money on the credit of the United States," "To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes," and "To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers, and all other Powers vested by this Constitution in the Government of the United States, or in any Department or Officer thereof." Where, in such words, does any restriction on government power?

Hula girl go do the hula and remember Obama won - Your guy lost
  • Hula gi... NYLady 2010/03/05 03:14:24
    Hula girl - Friends not Followers
    +1
    Sorry you are so ignorant and sorry you don't know this country.

I've studied this countries history from the founding fathers I see you have not.

Your ignorance is amazing. Stay in your hole...it suits you.
  • Hula gi... NYLady 2010/03/01 21:52:48
    Hula girl - Friends not Followers
    +1
    Read the Declaration I see you might not have.

http://www.ushistory.org/decl...
  • JerryWi... Hula gi... 2011/02/03 13:58:15
    JerryWilson
    +1
    The Declaration of Independence is not the law of the land. It is a fairly long document and mentions a creator only briefly, and only then because someone suggested that it be included because it was not included at all in the original draft. God is never mentioned at all in the Constitution. I think it is you who needs to bone up on her history lessons.
  • Hula gi... NYLady 2010/03/01 21:54:21
    Hula girl - Friends not Followers
    +1
    Oh, no landslide....sorry they man squeaked by in some States....squeaked.

landslide squeaked squeaked
  • Rational Hula gi... 2010/05/21 20:27:33
    Rational
    +2
    Let's see what happens in this next round of elections. To be frank... your "Tea Party" movement is just a bit too "conservative" and "God" oriented. The founding fathers were Deists and were deeply suspicious of organzied religion. So much so that they made CLEAR seperations between church and state. AS for "limited government", the moment the Fed stops regulating businesses is the moment they take advantage. You cannot trust a corporation to not take the easiest path towards profit. It is in the very nature of capitalism for that to happen. We need regulation. This is not a "left" vs "right" issue (though you all seem to spring from the right). This is a right vs. wrong issue. Now, as for your map... the blue is where the people are. The red is vast, emplty space. The majority of people cast their votes so that our electoral college could make it's determination as to whom would be president. If you don't like it or if you think that you have the majority edge then please show us in November and in 2012. However, if you lose then please get in line and stop underming our country. All you seem to be concerened with is taking control. Not in working within the present. You would sacrifice the "today" for "your" tomorrow. You would cast aside any progression that might occur no...
    Let's see what happens in this next round of elections. To be frank... your "Tea Party" movement is just a bit too "conservative" and "God" oriented. The founding fathers were Deists and were deeply suspicious of organzied religion. So much so that they made CLEAR seperations between church and state. AS for "limited government", the moment the Fed stops regulating businesses is the moment they take advantage. You cannot trust a corporation to not take the easiest path towards profit. It is in the very nature of capitalism for that to happen. We need regulation. This is not a "left" vs "right" issue (though you all seem to spring from the right). This is a right vs. wrong issue. Now, as for your map... the blue is where the people are. The red is vast, emplty space. The majority of people cast their votes so that our electoral college could make it's determination as to whom would be president. If you don't like it or if you think that you have the majority edge then please show us in November and in 2012. However, if you lose then please get in line and stop underming our country. All you seem to be concerened with is taking control. Not in working within the present. You would sacrifice the "today" for "your" tomorrow. You would cast aside any progression that might occur now so that you could push your own adgenda in 2012. To be frank, you are little more than facists. In fact, you call all of us "communists" and "socialist"... the natural enemy of communists and socialists have always been facists. Have you polished your jackboots and praticed your goosestepping for November? Once again, if you lose then be true patriots and get behind OUR country and OUR government and make things happen. Don't be a facist. Be an American.
  • JerryWi... Hula gi... 2011/02/03 13:59:21
    JerryWilson
    +3
    It was still a majority, unlike Bush in 2000. And you must realize, we elect a president by numbers of people, not by area of land. All those red counties have very little population.
  • Pat Hula gi... 2011/10/14 21:01:09
    You know why this looks so red? Because rural, less-educated areas tend to be more right-wing. All your map proves is liberals have the brains, and conservatives have square mileage.
  • NYLady NYLady 2010/03/05 03:38:45
    NYLady
    http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLIT...
    were you against the bailouts when Bush proposed them ?
    U.S. President George W. Bush, saying "our entire economy is in danger," urged Congress to approve his administration's $700 billion bailout proposal.

"We're in the midst of a serious financial crisis, and the federal government is responding with decisive actions," Bush said in a televised address Wednesday night from the White House.

Bush pointed out that the collapse of several major lenders was rooted in the subprime mortgage market that thrived over the past decade.

He said passage of the $700 billion bailout proposal was needed to restore confidence in the market.
  • NYLady Hula gi... 2010/03/01 14:27:26
    NYLady
    Oh and the bank bailouts makes a great talking point for the opostion but reality is they were going to do the same if they were elected. Mccain had proposed to bail out the banks too you know - then he tried to weasel OUT OF IT FOR POLITICAL REASONS . . monday morning quaterback to look good - If we didn't bailout the banks we would have seen exactly what happened under the Great Depression . That is the only time when a financial crisis caused a widespread, lengthy, and prolonged reinforcing chain of bank failures, and the government neither intervened - Because we bailed them out we avoided that. So if things are bad now could have been a lot worse. But of course those on other side will tell ya lies
  • Hula gi... NYLady 2010/03/01 21:56:44
    Hula girl - Friends not Followers
    +1
    Did you read the Constitution? The bailouts are against the Constitution and by the way...you are believing the lies of the Progressives.

REPEAT AFTER ME; WE ARE A REPUBLIC....WE ARE A REPUBLIC WITH LIMITED GOVERNMENT AND THE GOVERNMENT IS OF THE PEOPLE BY THE PEOPLE FOR THE PEOPLE.

LEARN THAT AS YOU NEVER SEEM TO HAVE IN SCHOOL.
  • JerryWi... Hula gi... 2011/02/03 14:03:10
    JerryWilson
    +2
    Like all ultra-conservatives, when you are proven wrong, you come back with rhetorical flotsam because you don't really have a point to make. All you know is that God made this country (through its founders) and we all should bow down and respect that. That's crap. People made this country. God had nothing at all to do with it, even if he does exist.
  • brbrown Hula gi... 2011/08/20 05:46:00
    brbrown
    Did YOU read the constitution? Because I'm pretty sure that it distinctly stated the importance of keeping church and state separate.
  • kmay 2010/02/19 22:14:30 (edited)
    kmay
    Read the Constitution. Understand what powers it allows and doesn't allow. The Federal Government has overstepped it's powers and has expanded it far beyond what the forefathers and Constituion allows. Get it? The T.P. is made up of Conservative D's, R's and I's who are demanding OUR Reps return to the integrity of the Constitution. We the people ARE the Government. Get it?
  • NYLady kmay 2010/03/01 14:14:15
    NYLady
    I know the constitution the government hasn't over stepped anything. We elected our officials. majority rules. However President Bush did not have authority to set up military tribunals at Guantanamo Bay, it was illegal under both military justice law and the Geneva Convention. Obama has not over stepped anything in the constitution - since you are so smart please put the part he overstepped aND POST IT HERE .
  • kmay NYLady 2010/03/01 15:04:45
    kmay
    Do your home work and stop drinking the kool-aid.
  • NYLady kmay 2010/03/05 03:29:16
    NYLady
    come on show me where Obama over stepped the constitution you coward - You dont have any facts - empty suit you are full of air
  • kmay NYLady 2010/03/05 14:22:11 (edited)
    kmay
    Typical progressive intolerant nescient remark. The HCBill is only 1 glaring example! Increasing the size of the Fed Gov is another. Redistribution of wealth is still another. Taking over business another. Get your head out of the sand and do some homework!
  • NYLady kmay 2010/03/18 19:45:42
    NYLady
    No where in the constitution does it say we cant have health care reform _ Poor argument - if you want to go by the founding fathers then women also would not have a right to vote. Founding fathers also had slaves.If you want to live in those days why not then do everything they did ? stupid logic by the way many of them were also atheists.
  • kmay NYLady 2010/03/18 20:19:21 (edited)
    kmay
    It doesn't say the Fed Gov is obligated to supply it! Get it?

If you don't want to follow the Constitution. Leave.
  • NYLady kmay 2010/03/25 19:27:53
    NYLady
    doesn't say it CANT - If you dont like what the majority ruled LEAVE
    we voted for Obama and we wanted health care reform - there is lots of things that are NOt in the constitution but we have them
  • kmay NYLady 2010/03/25 20:18:12
    kmay
    It does limit the Fed Gov powers to do so. Understand?
  • NYLady kmay 2010/04/04 01:22:29
    NYLady
    well then I guess it would also apply to Mitt Romney who passed pretty much the same health care plan in MA . Obama's plan only says if you do not have health insurance you will pay a fine (those that can afford to ) Those with very low income will not have to - same goes for car insurance you want to drive a car you have to have insurance same goes for home owner insurance -
    also even though they say you have to buy it they will not prosecute you if you fail to do so .
    My guess is you have health care inurance but you just dont certain other people to have what you have for cheaper http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id...
  • kmay NYLady 2010/04/04 12:42:31
    kmay
    Difference: States Rights vs Fed Rights.
  • MarkBur... kmay 2010/04/15 09:16:00
    MarkBurmeister
    +3
    If only there were a group of constitution experts, say maybe a group of nine of them, that if something ever came up, they could bring the case to them. And these wise experts would be able to determine if that item is constitutional or not. Oh, if only the founding fathers were wise enough to set up a third branch of government for these types of situations. Oh, woe is me, woe is me.
  • kmay MarkBur... 2010/04/15 15:33:00
    kmay
    Supreme Court is there for that reason.
  • Pat kmay 2010/06/18 21:44:08
    +3
    Why do you cornballs refer to everyone else as "progressive"? Don't you realize that to oppose progress just makes you idiots "regressives"?
  • kmay Pat 2010/06/19 17:17:12
    kmay
    No. Progressive in political terms means socialist marxist policies. That is regressive!
  • Pat kmay 2010/07/23 17:50:16
  • kmay Pat 2010/07/23 20:41:34
    kmay
    Ignorance [yours] is bliss. Read more extensively and learn more than your talking points.

2014/04/19 17:05:08